• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 47 Comments

The Glitz Pit - Dunsparce



Rainbow Dash has a new hobby: bare-hoof brawling, and there's no better place to start off that hobby than Glitzville!

  • ...
1
 47
 1,089

Round 2: The Thundering Thrasher Vs. The Brush Baroness

Rainbow Dash was just arriving back to the locker room with Octavia, drowning in sweat and full of energy. She wasn't tired even in the least bit, and she was ready to kick as much ass as she just did with those rowdy diamond dogs. as she entered, she looked around, and all the fighters in the room were either stretching or standing in one place chewing something.

"Good job, Ms. Thrasher. Here's your fight money!" Octavia said as she handed over 15 bits.

"15? That's it?" Rainbow asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"For right now. The higher you rank up, the more money you gain by winning! You know to work everything around here, so I'll be on my way to do some work. Have a nice day."

Octavia shifted her glasses, bowed, and left the room as if she had just met Celestia. It was almost unnerving how prim and proper she was. Rainbow sat down on a chair to rest a moment before she registered for the next fight. As she did, a white pony with odd purple shades and striped blue hair walked over and sat down right next to her.

"You showed some slick moves out there, kid. I'm impressed." She said. Rainbow smiled at her.

"Hey, thanks! I just joined here, so I still got a long way to go." Rainbow said, rubbing her head.

"Dog, with moves like that, you're gonna go places, I can tell! Those diamond dogs showed up just yesterday themselves and started makin' trouble. Glad you put the beat down on them. Name's Vinyl, but call me Bitter Bass."

"Rainbow Dash; The Thundering Thrasher." Rainbow introduced. The two ponies hoof bumped.

"This minor league room doesn't look too good, but the fighters here are nuts, dude. I know 'em all pretty good." Bitter pointed her hoof toward two ponies chatting in the corner, one mint green and the other a light tan. "See them?"

"Yeah?"

"Harpflank and Sweets. They're pretty up there when it comes to rank in the minor league. I got respect for that dynamic duo. They own." Bitter chuckled as she pointed to a changeling to the left.

"Hey, what's a changeling doing here!?" Rainbow blurted.

"Aww, he's cool. I know a lot of changelings! Them guys aren't as bad as ponies make them out to be. He's Synchronizing Scourge. we just call him Sync, though. That dude gets into a little too much trouble sometimes."

"Hey, I overheard that, Bass! Chill your grill, k? I do what I want." Sync said.

"Whaaaatever, dude." Bitter rolled her eyes. "And finally, the last one that hangs around here a lot is over there, that purple and amethyst one. That's Flaring Firework. Her family's pretty poor, so she fights here for money, and she ain't half bad, either! Aaaaand that's about it!"

"Colorful bunch of characters you have here." Rainbow said, nodding.

"Pfft, if anypony here is colorful around here it's you!" Bitter joked.

"Nice one. Well, I think I'm gonna sign on to my next match, Bit."

"Good luck out there!"

Rainbow trotted over to the screen on the wall and pressed the button that said "fight registration" under it. Iron Will popped up soon after.

"Well if it ain't my little diamond demolisher! Looking for another fight already? Damn, you got some toughness! Iron Will respects that!" Iron Will said, laughing as he buffed out his chest.

"Alright, Iron, who's the next person?" Rainbow asked with a grin.

"Let's take a look... Ah! You're goin' up against the Brush Baroness! She's got a neat niche about her, and you'll find out that soon enough! Now, get out there!"


The crowd was relatively pleased to see their favorite diamond dog doom dealer again so soon. They cheered and roared as Rainbow climbed up to the stage. There, she was greeted with rather friendly eyes of a light blue unicorn with a smile on her face. It was rather odd to her. Iron Will started up the mike.

"Mares and gentlecolts! Welcome to the battle for the number 18 spot on the list featuring: The Brush Baroness!" He said as he wheeled his arms toward the blue mare. The right side of the crowd roared and cheered for "B.B." loudly.

"Thanks, everypony!" Brush yelled cutely.

"And in this corner, the Thuuuuuuunderin' Thrasher!" Iron Will introduced. Rainbow Punched the air with her hooves to get a little blood moving in her body. The crowd shouted her name as well, but not quite as loud.

"Now, I'm going to ask for both of the fighters to step forward for a few seconds...."

Rainbow and Brush trotted toward Iron as turned the mike off. "A'ight. Now, Brush, I know you know this, but Thrasher don't, so let me explain it to her. Unicorns, Alicorns, Changelings, and other things with magic aren't allowed to conjure physical things. They use their magic, but nothing other than that. If you see anything, holler for me, will you?"

"Got it." Rainbow said.

"Now then..." Iron turned on the mike, "Let's get ready to... FIGHT!"

Iron Will launched backward, leaving the two ponies ready to fight each other.

Suddenly, Rainbow launched herself up and gave Brush a intimidating battle-face. Brush did nothing but sit there and smile. The cyan pegasus couldn't process what Brush could even be contemplating to do, as her emotions didn't fit the situation one bit. With absolutely no clue of what else to do, Rainbow dove toward the unicorn at blazing speed. Once close, though, Brush pulled her move: she smiled.

With that smile, a flash of light blinded Rainbow, making her spin out of control and tackle nothing but the ground. She scraped her arm along the wood stage multiple times. The crowd muttered an "oooo..." as Rainbow nearly fell of the stage. Standing up slowly, she looked back it brush with the same happy expression as before.

How am I supposed to beat her? She has the smile of death! Rrrrgh, think Dash, think! She thought. However, Brush did not wait for her. Her horn started to glow, absorbing white light into it. Flinching, Rainbow pounced up, and when she looked below her, Brush fired a gigantic beam of light forward, obviously using a lot of energy doing so. It was a huge beam too, obviously easily able to One-Hit-Knock-Out Rainbow. She began to worry more.

Brush rested for a few seconds to regain her stance and put her smiling face on once again. With a second jolt, Rainbow closed her eyes and charged around her left flank, barely peeking. Unfortunately, when she made out the world around her, she saw that Brush had abandoned her smile and had began to charge toward Rainbow, hooves flying. A slam of an arm hit Rainbow's cheek hard, sending her flying a couple feet. The cyan mare was not in good shape.

"Hawt dang, this girl can fight! She told Iron Will that all she needs to do is smile, but I sure didn't expect this! The Thunderin' Thrasher isn't looking too good, folks. Is she about to disappoint her newfound fans!?" Iron Will yelled as he jumped up and down excitedly like a baby kangaroo. Rainbow Dash did not like the sound of disappointing fans. That was one of her worst fears! She put her game face back on and hopped up with full energy, making Iron Will put on a surprised look.

Brush did not let down, however, for she was not the taunting type. She began to charge up her laser once again, making Dash think fast, and just as Brush was about to fire, she spurred an idea. It may have not been the smartest one, but it was all she could think of. Rainbow licked her salty, sweat swamped lips and rushed toward Brush with all of her speed her wings could muster. Brush had lifted her head up for the fire, but Rainbow slickly slid to the side of her and picked her up sideways, her head facing the ground.

"W-Wah!?" Brush panicked. She had fire accidentally at the ground, making Rainbow fly back about two yards. The struggling mare's laser blast shot her body directly up, slamming against the ceiling and making a "bang" sound.

"ooooh!" The crowd gasped as Brush began to fall back down toward the ground. Rainbow saw her chance to finish it off and promptly charged toward the falling unicorn and crashed her back hoof into her rib, making a cracking sound that even she could here, and sending her yards away. The broken unicorn attempted to get back up, but only pooped back down, out of energy.

"WOOOOOOAH!" Iron Will screamed. "THAT WAS TOTALLY INTENSE! One move, I repeat, ONE DAMN MOVE is all it takes for the Thunderin' Thrasher. This girl learns FAST, folks! Yet again, another win for the Thuuuuuuunderin' Thrasher! Let's hear it for her folks!"

The crowd roared as Brush was escorted out of the arena. Rainbow felt kind of bad, for Brush seemed like a timid one only trying to make a buck, but Rainbow had a huge goal to achieve, and she would do whatever it took to get there.

"You did nice out there, Thrasher! What do you hafta say on that glorious battle!?" Iron asked, holding the mike up to her mouth.

"Well, it certainly was a step up from that last 'battle' and it made me think, but it was still a cakewalk! Give me something worth my time next time! Hah!"

"Man, this girl's got sass! Well, I can't blame her, because she's too tough! If I had muscles like hers, I'd be braggin' too! That's all for this match, so we're gonna head off now, folks. Stay tuned!" Iron Will said as Rainbow proudly walked off the platform and back to the minor league locker room.

Comments ( 8 )

Took you long enough to update. Sheesh.

3437687 I know, sorry. I forgot about it because Wario and Bowser

Great worrk as usual! :twilightsmile: Also, do you need a proofreader? I would be happy to help, but it seemed like there were some errors that are easily made.

Until looking at the image you put in comments I could not think who Rainbow's combatant was. But knowing it's Colgate/Minuette makes so much sense now. :derpytongue2:

Cracking a rib definitely needs medical attention, though. Can't sleep off something like that, except in PM (Paper Mario). :moustache:

Hell, about time!

At first I thought The Brush Baroness was Rarity, but then I remembered chapter 1.
I hope the next update is quicker.

3441836 Hah! Sorry! I've been super occupied, but I'm actually working on the next chapter as we speak. Who knows, maybe it'll be done soon? I feel like going on a writing spree with this story.

So how long til an update exactly? Same with Bowser and Wario.

Login or register to comment