• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 365 Views, 18 Comments

Metro: First Flight - Vital Shot



The Elements of Harmony were chosen to undergo a diplomatic mission for six of the ten nations that Equestria was divided into. Now, seven years later, a guardspony for the SCDF is about to have his whole life go downhill, or underground actually.

  • ...
 18
 365

The Whistles of War

> Terminal 0014523

>Date 11/5/04

>Log Number 12

>Operator: Crimson Crosshair

>Log Begin...

>"But I know what I'm talking about, you don't know a damn thing about these."

>"Wrong dear brother, I know about the AJ-37s and you are wrong!" Dyno decided he wanted to try to play smart with me, let's win this.

>"Alright look bro, you're motor pool, I'm scout division and I use the 37s when I go outside the station, you stay in the station and work on your little mechanical contraptions...by the way, what do you guys use to fuel the generators and shit down here?" the eternal question for me, the meaning of life question is not this important!

>"Oh, you know...typical fuels like 'Go buck yourself '."

>"Ah, makes sense, if I can make a suggestion though bro?"

>"Go ahead."

>"Why not try using the fucks I don't give, that's a nearly infinite source." Don't fuck with me, my fucks are legion!

>"...don't you have somewhere you need to be?" Victory is mine!!!

>"Yeah...why?" What's he getting at with this?

>"Well?"

>"Well what?"

>"THEN GO BOTHER SOMEPONY ELSE!!!

>"Fine, lil'bitch."

- - - - -

>[Error 4]

>[File Corruption]

- - - - -

>I stood in front of a large, oaken door, hoof in position to knock but something held me back...fear. The door flew open as I stood there petrified and a purple stallion stared back at me, surprised that I'd been there in the first place. We both recovered at roughly the same moment and he started regarding me very closely, waiting for me to make the first move.

>"Uhm...good evening sir, its been a while since we met last, I assume you know who I am still?" this stallion struck fear into my very heart and soul, he intimidated me because he's so important to my life.

>"Yes it has, and you know what they say about assuming, yes?"

>"Yes sir...oh, I'm so sorry, were you about to go somewhere?"

>"Oh, yes, thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to go check on my daughter today, its been a week or so since I last talked to her."

>"yeah, she was talking about you the other day actually." her father, Farsight, an Ex-sniper for the Stalliongrad Force Recon, an elite special forces division that spent the majority of their mission time behind enemy lines, he was on leave back home when the word went out to key members of the military and government.

>"That's good, I'd hate to have to kill you for turning her against me or something." he chuckled so I assume it was a joke.

>"Yeah, oh by the way she's kinda the reason I'm here." time for him to kill me.

>"Interesting, I'm assuming you found a certain piece of jewlery that happened to be gold with a diamond back up top during your last joint op with a ranger?"

>B-but.........what?! How did he...what?! "Uhh..."

>"Thought so, and with this knowledge I think I know what you're going to ask me, and the answer is yes."

>"Wait...what?" a smile was starting to grow on my face.

>"Yep. I've come to understand you and how you work since we've been down here, so I know that you won't hurt her at all, lest you reap the consequences...that and you make her happy, that's the important part."

>Having Farsight say this is like Luna coming into the station and offer...something completely fucking awesome!

>"Thank you sir, I'm glad you've come to this conclusion and have given me this answer."

""Hey Cross? Fuck that protocol shit, you're family now...now go do something other than nip at my heels like a puppy."he said that last part with humor so I simply nodded and went towards the shit hole that was supposed to be our bar.

- - - - -

>[Error %#0$1]

>[S*41(*2( 001(%#]

- - - - -

>"Hey guys, let's take our drinks and head to 'Them'." 'Them' is a rather large room with speakers that we were able to make from salvaged parts from topside, the room itself was converted into a club, mainly only guards and scout division's ponies go there to hang out, but a few civis do too.

>"Oh hell yeah!" I was with three buds at the 'bar' at the moment, Aero Tracer, Pain Killer, and 'Jack Hammer'.

>"Let's do it bitches, been a couple weeks since I heard some Pon-3." Jack Hammer is a pony from the Granny Smith Station, 'bout two days from our station, no pony here knows his real name though.

- - - - -

>We took a shit ton of drinks down to 'Them' and opened our own bar down there, we take shit from topside when we can, booze is number one priority up there for us, so we have a good stock pile of our own stuff down here, locked away and hidden nicely.

>"Ay! Crosser's back everypony!" some random pony by the speaker yelled, when I'm down here I control the good booze, and good tunes. But tonight's a night that my best friend, Forward Observer, was in charge of the music. Those that want to control the music in here must use their own cache of music, we're good music wise.

>I opened up our stash of drinks when an odd yet familiar voice spoke up.

>"Vell vell vell, if it isn't Cross, how are you my friend?"

>I looked up to see a large feathery figure, "Well well well, if it isn't Stonetalon, how's the sexiest gryphon in the metro today?" Stonetalon's a snowy gryphon, solid white with the bluest of eyes, she showed up about two weeks ago at the bar, we chatted it up for a bit, then I told her about the club down here...and the drinks that aren't recycled from fermented foodstuffs.

>"As much as I love your flattery my feathered friend, I'm here on business." I kind you not when I say that she, for a gryphon, is smoke'n hot, and she's fairly responsible for some hot nights with me and Console, very fun and very hot nights.

>"Sorry to hear that, I was kinda hoping that your visit was more...pleasure." I spoke in a soft, warm tone making her blush, turning her face into a light pink.

>"Maybe next time, ja?"

>"Sure thing, anyhow, what brings ya down here?" I dropped the tone I'd been using and pulled out a bottle of Applejack Daniel's as she started.

>"I have a proposition for you and your merry band of outcasts, pays well."

>"What is it and what do we get paid with?"

>"Anything you find during this mission, plus a fuck ton of bullets and maybe...MAYBE something special."

>"Well if that something special is what I hope it is then I'm all in." I said with a sly grin at the gryphon.

>"I'm not saying it isn't, but the mission is a simple recon to a hotel topside."

>"Really? I'd thought you wanted something like a hit done, I was ready to kill somepony, man!"

>"Well, it may involve that later on."

>"Seriously? Oi, Jack, get yer shit together, we go'n topside!"

>Jack simply grinned and smacked the other two parts of our group awake then they all three went up towards the armoury.

>"I vant you four to investigate the Gummy Smile hotel in Troden Square, there is rumor of something living in there, the mission is simple, investigate, clear, and return...got it?"

>"Gummy, Troden, get in, kill, get out, got it."

>"...sure, simplify such a briefe...just don't die, ja?"

>"No promises." I chuckled as I left to meet up with the others, this was gonna be a fun couple of hours.

Author's Note:

It...is...ALIVE!!!
I bring you this chapter from beyond the land of the dead, just for you guys!
Few points, I noticed some mistakes with the first chapter so if you guys see'em please point'em out.
Next I feel like pulling a Dark Tower with this story, those who have read that series from beginning to end should know what I mean, too early to tell but if I do ya'll are gonna hate me...in a good way. XD
Well enjoy the chapter, I'll start on the next one soon, pinkie promise! :D