• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 362 Views, 18 Comments

Metro: First Flight - Vital Shot



The Elements of Harmony were chosen to undergo a diplomatic mission for six of the ten nations that Equestria was divided into. Now, seven years later, a guardspony for the SCDF is about to have his whole life go downhill, or underground actually.

  • ...
 18
 362

Prologue

In the beginning of the end, Equestria broke into nine nations...well...ten really, but most ponies don't count The Swarm as a nation, more like an untamed land ravaged by war and strife. The four princesses took control of their respective kingdoms; Princess Luna took control of a patch of land and named it the New Lunar Republic, it became an industrial super power, Celestia took control of Canterlot and some of the area surrounding it and became the Solar Empire, Princess Cadence and her Crystal Empire took up the badlands and even further north of that, Stalliongrad and it's satellites became known as the Communist Might of Stalliongrad, Germaney and Itaily became one nation and controlled most of the eastern coast and became the fascist Clopzi Party, Cloudsdale and it's satellite states became known as the United Skies of Cloudsdale, princess Twilight took Ponyville and it's satellite states and were later known as the Confederacy of Pony, bordering the USC and CP to the west and south was the Saddle Arabian Emirate, to the north-west of the SAE was The Swarm, and finally, to the west of The Swarm was the only nation that remained completely neutral throughout the whole war, The Children of Peace.

Now I know a lot of you are thinking just who was in charge of all these nations, well, a bit more into the history of Equestria at the time. Princess Luna took the throne from Celestia during a Coup, she thought that she could do a far better job at ruling the kingdom, when she took the throne though, those who started the coup disappeared, thus making it look like Luna started the whole thing to obtain power. This started riots and eventually civil war, this was known as the Lunarian Betrayal. This civil war lead to the creation of the nine nations. But these nations were constantly at war with each other, so Luna sent the bearers of the old bearers of the Elements of Harmony to try to make peace between the nations. The bearers took a nation, and tried to establish a form of control in their governments, Lady Applejack took the CMS and was very quickly revered and loved by it's ponies. Pinkie Pie took Germaney and Itaily, and proposed a change in the regime and created the fascist Clopzi Party. Rarity took control of the Saddle Arabian Emirate with almost no issue. Lady Rainbow Dash took control of the USC and turned it into a military state much like the CMS, but being aerial based more than anything. Finally, Lady Fluttershy created The Children of Peace, and showed no wish for war or violence and started her nation with humanitarian aid missions.

The NLR and SE became the two main power houses in Equestria, they eventually came to each other's throats. The Crystal Empire stood for everything that stood against the CMS and Clopzi Party, so the Crystal Empire made it near impossible for the CMS and CP to trade with them, this was not a wise decision.

At this point, no nation had any true allies, it was mostly 'Every Pony for Themselves'. Eventually the CMS got fed up with the Crystal Empire's trade embargoes, and asked Lady Applejack to find a way to make the CE stop trying to ruin their economic standing. Lady Applejack brought the issue up at a meeting that was broadcasted live across Equestria, the CE agreed to stop, but never did, at the next meeting she was angered by their lies, and threatened with war in the heat of the moment, but the event being broadcasted again, she couldn't take it back. Every nation but the CE thought that she would actually engage in all out combat with the Empire, and she knew that if she didn't, that she'd be labeled a liar and betrayer to those around her. So when the CE still did nothing about their embargoes, she sent tanks to a CE colony on the border of the badlands, the ruby colony of Rubaria. The majority of the tanks hid in the surrounding forest, while the rest stayed around the colony. The CE sent anti-tank squads to deal with the tanks in the colony, the only ones they knew of, so when they engaged in combat, the rest of the tank battalions surrounded the colony and laid waste to it.

The SAE was enraged at this destruction of such a gorgeous formation of gems and crystals. The CE was stunned, and vulnerable to a series of fast attack strikes by the tanks and rebels in the CE. The SAE sent forces to reinforce the CE and her colonies, and also enlisted the aid of it's only other ally, the Confederacy of Pony. The CP sent it's Magic Special Forces into the CMS for a series of assassinations on military personnel and officers. The ponies of the CMS were in a blood lust for revenge and war, chants of hatred and anger rose from the streets of Stalliongrad and all other cities and villages in the CMS. Lady Applejack had no choice but to retaliate against the CP and SAE.

The USC, caring for the CMS as a sister nation, sent aerial strikes against the CP and SAE. Long-range bomber strikes against their capitals and trade caravans did wonders to cripple the nations and their combat abilities. Though this angered the Solar Empire, whose great armies marched to war against the USC and CMS.

The Clopzi Party, not caring for the SE and it's beliefs, joined the fray on the side of the CMS and USC, sending in hordes of tanks and other armored vehicles.

The NLR took pity upon the only nations that helped it come into power. Now the NLR didn't have an army at this time, but it had thousands of factories and mass production facilities, and used them to produce weapons and ammunition for it's allies. The ponies of the NLR started to form militias that purchased weapons and munitions that it's own soldiers made, and marched to the front lines bearing the NLR standard with it.

Now by this point the CE never joined the war, though being the overall cause of it, until the two year anniversary of the war's start. This is when the war took a turn for the worst, the CE had spent it's whole time researching new weapons...they succeeded in their objectives. The CE had created a spell that would turn anything it touched, into pure crystal. They then put this spell into a missile, and launched it at a joint-compound controlled by the CMS and Clopzies...the test was successful. There were no survivors, only crystal.

This weapon was then given to the CE's allies to do with as they pleased. The SE decided to modify the spell missiles to carry a spell that would incinerate an area whose size could be chosen before launch. The SAE and CP did the same, but their spells differed. The SAE's spell was a simple explosion that ended up leaving some sort of residue in the area of the blast, this residue turned out to be the real danger of their spell. The CP changed the spell into one that would turn the oxygen in the blast radius into a poisonous gas.

This was the beginning of the end...and the prelude to the real story.

Author's Note:

Well well well, what've we got'ere? Guess Ah should introduce mahself, Ah'm Vital Shot, an Ah'll be ya'lls guide through this dark, dark world. Questions, comments, concerns? No? Good. Then we can get this ride started!

(If anyone notes any mistakes, it's probably because I'm my own editor...for now... hopefully...anyhow, leave feedback, I'd be much obliged!)