• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 15,271 Views, 130 Comments

Twilight’s Birthday After Party - aquilerafroot



What happens after Twilight's birthday party in Sweet and Elite?

  • ...
25
 130
 15,271

Chapter 1

“They may not be as sophisticated as some of you Canterlot ponies, but they are my best friends. And they are without a doubt the most important ponies I know,” said Rarity proudly.

“Important ponies? These ruffians?” called out a grey unicorn.

“Don’t make me laugh!” Other jeers came from the crowd, but were interrupted by Fancypants.

“I, for one, find them charmingly rustic, and I think the dress you made for your friend is lovely.” He smiled at Rarity and Twilight. “I dare say every mare in Canterlot will be wanting one.”

At his words the members of the upper crust gasped collectively, and like bees attracted to a flower, started crowding around Rarity, yelling out their orders for new garments.

Fancypants chuckled at the sight as Rarity tried to avoid being drowned by the ponies swarming around her, and waited patiently until the fashionista managed to somewhat pull away from them. “Yes, now then, how about you introduce me to your friends?”

Rarity looked up and beamed. “With pleasure!”

--- --- --- ---

Fancypants peered through his monocle at Twilight and raised a hoof to his chin curiously. “You are the personal protégé of the Princess, you say? And a born Canterlot pony as well,” he mused in his refined accent, then turned to address Rarity. “My, my, you do know many influential ponies.”

Just then a regal voice rang through the Canterlot garden party, interrupting the activities of the sophisticated upper crust. “She is, indeed, my personal student, and one of the dearest ponies to me, Mr. Fancypants.”

All guests of the garden party bowed down as they beheld Princess Celestia striding towards Twilight, who seemed to bend every protocol by rushing right up the Goddess of the Sun and nuzzling her.

“Princess Celestia! You made it!” said Twilight joyously.

“Indeed, my faithful student. But I have to say I was very surprised when I stepped into the castle ballroom to find nopony inside.”

By this time the upper class ponies had risen from their curtsies and bows and were looking wordlessly and enviously at the group of Ponyville ‘gatecrashers’.

“I’m so sorry about that, Princess! We um, eventually decided to move the party outside…” Twilight felt a bit guilty for not notifying the Princess about the ‘relocation’, as her mentor had promised to join them after court ended.

The elder ruler of Equestria looked at the other ponies from Ponyville. “It’s nice to see you all as well, my little ponies. So, shall we get back to Twilight’s private birthday party? Or would you like to stay here?”

“It’s mighty nice to see ya too, Princess, though I guess we should go back in. This place don’t seem like a fittin’ place to have our rowdy good fun,” said Applejack.

“WHEEEE! Yeah! Let’s go! We’re gonna blast our rock n’ roll music, baby!” Pinkie exclaimed with a hyperactive leap into the air.

“Very well then,” said the regal alicorn, leading the six friends out of the Canterlot garden. “Goodbye, dear ponies,” she spoke in a louder voice to the upper class of the capital city. “Please, continue enjoying yourselves as you were.”

Walking close to her dear student, Princess Celestia bent her muzzle to her ear. “And happy birthday, Twilight.”

--- --- --- ---

After some more games and dancing, Twilight was feeling quite giddy and wondered if Pinkie Pie had somehow spiked the punch without anypony detecting. Feeling a hoof on her shoulder, she looked up and saw the Princess looking at her with a warm smile. “You seem very lively tonight, Twilight. Enjoying yourself?”

Her face flushed, the normally demure bookworm answered, “I’m having so much fun, Princess!”

“It is a very important occasion, Twilight, but the night is far from over. Really, I don’t get to see you so frequently these days, so I have decided that I will make this day memorable.”

“Princess...?” Twilight felt perky and frivolous, despite having played games and danced for what seemed like the longest time in her life.

“Pinkie Pie!” called the Goddess of the Sun. “Would you mind if we took this party somewhere else…? An after party, as I believe it is called?”

“Okie dokie Princess! Wait juuust a second!” The pink hyper pony pulled out her famed party cannon, gave it a squeeze, and it vacuumed all the celebration decorations back inside with a high-pitched vroom. “Okay, done!”

The alabaster alicorn wrote a quick note and teleported it to Princess Luna:

Please arrange a VIP luxury booth and some performers at the HooXy nightclub.
And come along, will you?

--- --- --- ---

Luna sighed melodramatically as she read the letter that had just popped into existence by her side. Really, my dear sister? Shaking her head with a mischievous grin on her face, she trotted down the grand stairs of the castle to give the royal secretary some orders.

--- --- --- ---

The two Princesses of Equestria and the six Elements of Harmony reclined inside a lush coach as it sped towards their destination: the most luxurious night-club in the country – HooXy nightclub.

“Luna, I’m so glad you could come,” said Princess Celestia, lounging with a hoof around Twilight.

“My dear sister, Twilight Sparkle taught us the meaning of ‘fun’. We could not have missed her birthday ‘after party’ for anything,” answered Luna.

“Your Highnesses, ladies, we have arrived,” announced the chauffeur of their transport, opening the door.

“Thank you. And here is a tip for you and the gentlecolts,” said Luna, who had been the one to suggest the luxury cab.

“Here we are, Twilight.” Princess Celestia gently nudged her faithful student to exit the vehicle.

Twilight’s other friends followed suit, only for their jaws to drop in awe at the lavish nightclub in front of them. The luxury booth was in fact a penthouse on the top of the seven-story nightclub, with its own private elevator.

A bouncer greeted them and escorted them up to the penthouse, where a staff member welcomed the privileged guests and introduced them to the facilities of their suite, giving them each a leaflet before bowing himself out.

“Wow!” marvelled the six elements in unison. A posh carpet spread across the vast penthouse, and in the far end stood an enormous DJ stand. A dance floor and drinks bar occupied the space in front and beside it, and plush sofas and cushions were placed randomly for the ponies to relax on. A few doors opened to side rooms; there was a long pool with petals floating in the crystal clear water in one of them, and a smaller lounge room.

What caught Twilight’s eye, however, was the stage in the middle of the dance floor section. Multi-colored lights lined the platform, and there were strange poles… protruding from it.

Seeing her protégé’s confused look, Princess Celestia explained with a playful demeanor, “Those are called burlesque poles, my dear student.”

“Burlesque… poles? What are they for?” asked Twilight, still quizzical.

“Twilight Sparkle, you shall see when the show starts. We have arranged many shows and performances for thy entertainment,” Luna cut in. “The order of the programs is in the booklet you just received. We selected them personally.”

Meanwhile, Twilight’s five friends had wandered off to explore the many features of the penthouse: Pinkie and Rainbow grabbed some liquor from the bar before proceeding to the DJ stand; Rarity was lounging with a cocktail; Applejack was not very sure what to do, so she simply plopped herself on a couch, and Fluttershy did the same .

Twilight flipped in wonder through the brochure she had received from the staff of the nightclub. She had not looked at it carefully before, as she was too busy marveling at the features of the penthouse. Originally she had thought it to be just an advertisement leaflet – until Princess Luna had mentioned that it was in fact the program booklet for ‘Twilight’s Birthday After Party’.

The cover bore the title in cursive gold letters and the image of Twilight’s six-pointed cutie mark in raised print. The paper was a rich dark blue – the exact shade of Luna’s coat – and of fine quality, smooth and exquisite to the touch. In the center of the back cover was a smaller image of the cutie mark of the younger alicorn, also in raised print.

Twilight could guess that the slender book was probably designed by the Princess of the Night herself, and custom printed on very short notice. She looked up at Luna, happiness and gratitude radiating from her. “Princess, this is the most special thing that you could have done for me… thank you!”

The starry-maned alicorn gazed shyly at her. “Twilight Sparkle, it was the least we could do.”

Twilight trotted to Luna’s side and gave her a tight hug. “I’m so happy, Princess.” Luna hesitantly returned the gesture with her wings, brushing Twilight with soft down, catching her sister's eye with a look akin to being awestruck.

Celestia smiled back joyously, proud of both her faithful student and her sister for making friends with each other. It has been such a long time since somepony else has shown her affection…

Just then the lights dimmed slowly until the whole room was dark, and then burst into a dancing explosion of multi-colored neon.

“Oh! Is the show starting?” asked Twilight, turning to the first page of the booklet. “Hmmm… ’The Masked Azure Mare’. Princess Luna, what kind of performance is this?” She sat down on a cushion near the brim of the dance floor, and the Goddesses of the Sun and Moon settled themselves on either side of her.

“Luna, I would like to know that as well. And I apologize for asking you to arrange this on such short notice…” Princess Celestia reached a hoof to touch her sister’s, brushing Twilight as well, who was between them.

“To tell the truth, we are not sure ourselves, but we were told it is a magic show of some sorts by the royal secretary. We did not know many of the ‘modern’ shows so… we picked some of them randomly from what she listed as ‘fun’.”

The elder alicorn was a bit rankled, but not at all at her sister. She had not anticipated the royal secretary’s hoof in the planning of the party, as the mare in question was known to have a rather wild private life.

Suddenly the loudspeakers blared to life, a bass line growing steady louder as drum beats mixed into the pulse of music.

"We did not know that ‘modern’ music could get so loud,” remarked Luna.

Twilight gave her a gentle nuzzle, wincing from the volume of the throbbing sound waves. “I’m not used to it, either.”

“WE WELCOME… DJ… Pinkie!” rang out the raucous voice of a certain cyan pegasus, surprising the two princesses and Twilight.

“Hahaha, it’s not the show starting, they’re playing with the DJ equipment!” laughed Twilight. “Wow, I didn’t know Pinkie could DJ!”

Looking across the penthouse at the DJ stand, they saw that Rainbow Dash had stepped down from the microphone and was dragging a rather disgruntled cowgirl to the dance floor. “Come on, Applejack! Pinkie’s really good! Let’s party! Come on Fluttershy, you too! Dance! Wooo!”

Pinkie Pie’s Remix! The shrill vocals of the pink earth pony were mixed into the electronic medley, which increased in pitch and intensity until Twilight could feel it resonating right at her core.

She started bobbing her head along, unable to resist the infectious pulse – music, she thought, was probably another form of magic. The pair of alicorns were swaying too, and the three moved their bodies in synch on the cushions.

Giggle at the
The-the-the

Twilight recognized the song, and it seemed Luna did as well; her expression turned a bit confused, and then remorseful as she remembered how she had heard it when she was Nightmare Moon, back in the Everfree Forest.

Twilight noticed Luna’s ears drooping slightly, and placed a comforting hoof on the younger alicorn’s shoulder. The Princess gave her a small smile in return and draped her wing over the studious mare. “I’m so glad you saved me, Twilight.”

Twilight noted how Luna had dropped her use of the Royal ‘We’ and her last name, as well as the wing that was wrapped around her, and beamed at the lunar princess. “I’m glad too… Luna.”

“We are all grateful to you, my dear Twilight,” said Princess Celestia who had observed their brief exchange with a heartfelt smile. She unfolded her wing and placed it on Luna’s, then all three reclining ponies hummed with the music, Twilight in the middle of the Day and the Night.

Laaaaaaaaaaaugh!

The electro background gradually distorted into atonal sounds, the drumbeat split and the bass melted to a groan. The ending of Pinkie’s original song blended with another melody, something that Twilight knew to be a song by a DJ Hoofis and one of the party pony’s favorites, though a rather strange song by her reckoning.

I get all the mares
I get all the mares

The Princess of the Sun glanced at her sister and her protégé, chuckling playfully at the lyrics. “The singer seems very self-confident, doesn’t he?”

Twilight was about to respond when she noticed a very cross-looking Rarity heading towards them with her cocktail. She indicated to the Princesses that she was going to stand and they folded their wings to let her up.

“Rarity, is anything wrong?” asked Twilight, meeting the fashionista half way.

“Oh, nothing really, but I was getting lonely sitting there while they were having their fun,” answered the fashionista, glancing to where Rainbow and Applejack were dancing – obviously the orange earth pony had been convinced – and Fluttershy was perched on a cushion by the edge of the dance floor, watching the pair. “I would rather not join in… such uncouth activities.”

“Oh, that’s okay then, I wouldn’t want you to be bored, especially as this is for my birthday and everything.” Twilight led Rarity to where the two Princesses were sitting. “You can join us! Pinkie’s music is wonderful, but we prefer to appreciate it in a… gentler manner.”

Just then Pinkie’s mix ended and she hopped down from the stage. “I’m only going to do one track today because I sense the show’s about to start!” she said with a joyous bounce, addressing the two mares on the dance floor that were looking put out.

“Pinkie, that was the most awesome thing I have ever heard!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash enthusiastically.

“Ah agree! Ah’ve never liked that kind of music before, too high tech an’ all, but yours almost got me more pumped up than the rodeo!”

“Thanks! I’m so happy to hear that you know and I’m so excited because on stage my Pinkie sense told me that somepony we know is going to perform now so I just had to end the song! Come on Fluttershy,” said the energetic party pony. “Let’s all get some seats!” She started to lead the other three to where the alicorns and unicorns were sitting.

As if on cue, the lights dimmed again, but the illumination on the stage remained. Multi-colored bulbs flashed, and a spotlight circled, then focused on the center of the platform.

Poof!

“It’s the masked mare!” whispered Rainbow Dash, peering over Pinkie Pie’s shoulder at her booklet.

A masked pony appeared in the midst of the explosion, and her coat was an uncannily familiar shade of blue.

“Greetings, my dear audience! Are you ready to be stunned! By the Great and Powerful… Trixie!”



------ ------
[Author's note]
Thank you all for sticking with this though it's been such a long time! This is my second story ever, and when I went back to continue it again, the writing was so funny I laughed - right out laughed, it was so funny - and tore chunks from it and tried to put better stuff back in. I'm really grateful to you all for continuing to support me though I am lazy oftentimes and neglect my stories. Hope you continue to read and enjoy!