• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 2,624 Views, 59 Comments

Just Another Gay Day - FlutterDash777



Join the main six as they discover each others life stories about coming out, acceptance, being who you are, and how to correctly eat a pie.

  • ...
16
 59
 2,624

That's Definitely Not The Way You Do It Applejack!

-That's Definitely Not The Way You Do It Applejack!

"No way! What are you doing, Applejack?!?" Pinkie jumped up from her side of the blanket. She reached over for her orange friend and tried to grab the pie that Applejack was eating.

"Hold yer horses there Pinkie Pie." The farm pony lifted her hoof into her friends face.

"But!" The pink one tried to argue but she instead slouched back down upon the blanket next to Twilight; she was the smart one.

"Pinkie Pie what's gotten into you?" Twilight lowered the book she had stuff to her face and set it beside her as she reached for a cupcake. However, Rainbow Dash reached at the same moment and snatched it away from the bookworms reach. With a snicker, the rainbow-maned pony stuffed it into her face without a second thought.

Twilight did not seem amused, as she never was when it came to Rainbow's distasteful ways. The unicorn paid the rainbow pegasus no mind and returned her concern to Pinkie Pie's behavior.

"As I was saying...."

"What's your problem, Pinkie?" Rainbow interrupted. Twilight threw her a nasty glare but it only seemed to feed Rainbow Dash.

"Applejack is doing it wrong..." Pinkie lowered her head and sniffled. All her friends glanced at her with complete confusion.

"I...uh...sorry?" Applejack let her eyes wonder over to the white unicorn beside her, Rarity; she was the pretty one.

"Do not look at me. I have no answers for you." Rarity, without looking up from her hoof, spat out. Her concern in this department were clearly not big enough to see. Her amusement level was almost as small as Twilight's.

"What is she doing wrong?" Twilight folded her arms and let her eyes fall upon the book she so longed to pick back up and shove her muzzle into.

"That's not how you do it...." Pinkie mumbled.

"For Celestia's sake! What did she do wrong?" Rainbow threw her hooves in the air with frustration. Her eagerness nearly knocked Fluttershy to the ground; she was the shy one.

Pinkie Pie looked up with teary eyes.

"I...uh..." Applejack looked away from the large blue eyes that were staring her down. She didn't exactly know what to do considering she didn't know exactly what she did wrong. Her awkward level was on maximum.

"Good god...." Rarity rolled her eyes mockingly.

Applejack looked at Rarity quickly. She stared at her with pleading eyes until she was able to strike the attention of the angered unicorn.

"She doesn't like the way you're eating that pie..." Rarity said quickly and turned her head in the opposite direction as if to hide herself.

"What?!" The orange, blue, and purple ponies all said in unison.

"She doesn't like the way I'm eatin'?" Applejack looked down at her halfway eaten pie and blushed mildly.

"Well, my apologies. I didn't know I was eatin' so rudely.." Applejack patted her lips with a handkerchief quite like Rarity would often do.

"No..." Pinkie pleaded again.

"That's not what she meant." Rarity sipped her tea quietly while she somewhat translated for the desperate pink earth pony.

"Then what did she mean?" Rainbow edged in closer.

Twilight seemed a bit more interested too at the moment. Everypony was eager to hear what it was that was making Pinkie so worked up.

"She simply thinks that is the wrong way to eat a pie." Rarity for the first time lifted her eyes to the group. Her expression had not changed though and she still seemed as if she would rather be doing other things then sitting around talking about complete nothing.

"Then...." Twilight looked down while scratching the bottom of her chin softly. Her eyes narrowed into deep thought.

"How...." Applejack looked up with a glimmer of fear in her green eyes.

"....do you eat a pie correctly?" Rainbow Dash gulped down softly. Sweat dripped down the back of her neck as she anticipated the awaited answer.

Fluttershy, who was not included into this strange conversation, was staring in the sidelines as she watched the mystery behind Pinkie's knowledge of pie eating and the anticipation that everypony else was going through. All the yellow pegasus could do was smile as she watched her good friends have a good time. Her mind wondered as she thought that they should hang out more often.

If anypony at all were paying any attention to Fluttershy at the moment, they would laugh their flanks off. Her facial expression at this particular moment was too much too handle, however, like always, nopony was paying attention, therefore Fluttershy's expression will never be known.

Back to business.

"How...."

"....do you eat a pie correctly?"

All three of the ponies were wondering when they would finally hear Pinkie's secret. Everypony wanted to know how to eat a pie correctly! Everypony except for Rarity that is who seemed to know a little more than the others, but at the moment nopony was thinking of that.

"Well?" Twilight shivered as she tried to get Pinkie to talk.

Their eyes watched the pink pony with fear as they could see her tiny mouth starting to open as if she were trying to tell them something....something important....something about pie!

Pinkie's lips curved open and with a deep breath she started to make out her secret that everypony was dying to hear. Only moments away and they would know the almighty power of eating a pie correctly. Any second now and she would tell them, then their lives would be changed forever. They were a few words away from learning the secret that would change their way of thinking in this world of Equestria. Soon they would know how to eat a pie....correctly!

It was as if everything was moving in slow motion as Pinkie's lips started to form into the position of speaking the truth. This was the moment they had all been waiting for. This was moment was going to change them forever and they would know the all knowing. Now was the time. This was it!

"I don't know." Pinkie smiled as she looked back at her three sweaty friends.

One by one they gave her the glance of pure evil and as their minds began to process again, they each fell face forward into the ground before them.

Rarity lowered her tea and a grin was visible in the corner of her mouth, however, nopony saw it.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" Rainbow Dash flew up in the air in a jolt of anger and lifted the pink pony above the ground. She shook her by the arms for a few moments until Twilight made Rainbow drop her.

Pinkie giggled as her head spun around from being shaken by the aggressive pegasus.

"I never learned the secret!" Pinkie smiled as she began to stuff her face with a few sweets spread before her.

"Well darn..." Applejack said as she looked back down at her pie.

"You three would never understand unless you were there to witness it yourself." Rarity said with a smirk upon her muzzle.

The three friends that she was addressing turned to her with wide eyes as they awaited another anticipating verbal trip.

Rarity sipped her tea once more before realizing that the three were staring her down.

"What? You actually expect me to tell you the story?" The white unicorn looked confused but with a hint of relief.

"Well, duh!" Rainbow threw her arms in the air once more and this time she smacked Fluttershy right in the face.

Slowly the yellow pegasus fell backwards. Her nose was all bloody, but she had a smile on her face.

"Fluttershy?!" The cyan pegasus turned around swiftly and swooped the knocked out Fluttershy into her arms.

"Tissue!" Pinkie Pie shoved a napkin towards Rainbow who kindly accepted it and began to place it on Fluttershy's nose as she tried to stop the bleeding.

Everypony stared at her as she tended to the yellow ponies knocked up face.

Rainbow's pink eyes quickly jolted forward towards her friends and a shimmer of pink invaded her cheeks.

"What? I wasn't going to leave her there to bleed or anything..." Rainbow turned away embarrassed.

"Hurry up and tell your story, Rarity..." She mumbled as her head faced the ground.

Applejack and Twilight snickered under their breaths but Rainbow heard them and shot them both an evil glare which sent their giggles even more into a fit of laughter.

Pinkie looked at Rarity and nodded her head sending her pink fluffy mane bouncing in the air. Rarity nodded back and as she began to clear her throat she caught the attention of everypony, except for Fluttershy that is who was sleeping soundly in Rainbow Dash's care.

"Okay. So here is the story that me and Pinkie Pie share. This is the correct way to eat a pie!" Rarity said with such gusto.

"Wait. I thought you just said you didn't know the correct way?" Rainbow considered as she looked up with disbelief.

"Well..." Rarity looked over to Pinkie Pie.

"We don't!" She smiled widely.

The three ponies listening lowered their heads in disappointment.

"Then what's the point in telling us this long story if we will still not know the secret?" Rainbow asked with annoyance.

"Um..." Rarity looked over to Pinkie once again.

"There isn't!" She smiled again, but this time larger.

The three ponies listening lowered their heads in disappointment and then they sighed.

"Then why are you telling us?" Rainbow asked. Her eye lids were narrowed with the thought of her time being utterly wasted on this.

"You see...." Rarity once more looked at the pink pony.

"We're not!" Pinkie giggled.

The three ponies listening lowered their heads in disappointment, sighed, and then glared at the duo.

"We're not?" Rarity looked over with her own disappointment.

"I forgot the story silly!" Pinkie gleamed as she dove into the sweets.

The white unicorn looked down as if in thought. Her eyes widened as if she remembered something and then she sighed.

"Seems I have forgotten as well." She turned her muzzle in the air as she tried to save her pride.

"I was hoping to hear a good story... I've been needing a good story lately." Twilight sighed as she looked at the book she had been reading earlier.

"Yer right. A good story is nice every so often." Applejack's eyes glimmered as she looked up to the sky.

"Pftt....eggheads...." Rainbow snarled as she looked back down to Fluttershy who was now moaning as if to be waking up, but then she smiled, shifted, and began to cuddle with Rainbow's waist which sent the cyan pegasus' wings straight out behind her. One could almost see the steam rolling out of her ears as she hid her redness.

"Story..." Fluttershy mumbled quietly.

Rainbow blushed as Fluttershy sent her into a tailspin of heart-throbbing pain and happiness all at the same time. She looked away and smiled softly.

"I...uh...I have a good story..." Rainbow said quietly under her breath.

All her friends turned to her with excitement.

"Really?" Pinkie asked with excitement.

Rainbow looked up as she saw all her friends were staring and awaiting her story. She didn't know she had said that loud enough for them to hear, but now she was in for it. How could she tell them that story? It was just too personal. They wouldn't want to hear that...

"Come on. Tell us then." Twilight urged.

Rainbow looked around quickly. She had no idea what she had just gotten herself into. Her heart raced as everypony waited to her what she had to say, but she didn't want to say it. She was too afraid to tell them her story...

Her pink eyes widened as she tried to think of a way to brush it off and move on, but as she searched her mind, she felt a soft hoof touch her arm. She looked down at Fluttershy who was now looking straight at her with her aqua eyes, smiling. She nodded her head softly at the cyan pegasus. Rainbow couldn't believe it. Her heart raced even more. She looked back up to her friends as she felt her blood pumping and Fluttershy starting to sit up from her lap.

"Let's tell them the story, okay?" Fluttershy smiled at her rainbow friend.

Rainbow Dash looked at all the eyes watching her and Fluttershy. She took a deep breath and gulped down.

"Okay."

Author's Note:

I hope you liked the first chapter! I also hope you were able to enjoy it and the light-heartedness that I tried to portray. If so I hope you will come back for the second chapter when I complete it. Thank you for reading! ^_^