• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 6,344 Views, 753 Comments

KIA - Darkswirl

  • ...
79
 753
 6,344

Hostile Relations

"What's with you, Shiny?" Twilight began as soon as the pair stepped out of the room.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, all you did was try and stare the creature down. You didn't ask it any questions, or suggest things to me. You just glared at it the whole time." Twilight Sparkle explained as she settled herself onto the floor after hours of standing.

"You looked like you had everything covered, so I just stood there." Shining Armor explained as he turned his head away.

"You're a terrible liar, Shining. What's wrong? You can talk to me, you know. Just because I'm a princess, now, doesn't mean I'm not your LSBFF."

With a sigh of defeat and a small smile of relief, Shining Armor turned his head back to his sister and sat next to her. "I don't like this thing, Twily. It's just so... So menacing, like it wants to rip me into little pieces every second of its existence. I don't trust it, and you should be more careful around it."

"Relax, Shining. If it wanted to do anything to me, or any of us, it could've easily taken me hostage when I was so close to it. We both know you wouldn't attack it if I was in the way." Twilight replied with a small smile and a comforting nuzzle against her brother.

But Twilight's words did little to ease the soldier's mind. Shining Armor knew there was something terribly wrong about that creature, but he had no proof. And without proof, the princesses wouldn't hear him clearly.

"So, how's your first week as a princess been?" Shining Armor teased, to which Twilight sighed dramatically.

"It's horrible! There's hardly any time to do what I want to, anymore, and every day just seems like the same thing, over and over again! How do Princess Celestia and Princess Luna manage to stay sane through it all?"

Shining Armor let out a small laugh at his sister's distress before ruffling her mane a bit. "Relax, Twily. You'll get use to it, eventually. The princesses have been around for thousands of years, and that means a lot of time to learn patience. I know you never really asked to become a princess but, I'm sure if you asked, Princess Celestia wouldn't object to turning you back into a normal unicorn."

"And let the princess down?! No way! She's counting on me, Shiny! She gave me this responsibility for a reason, and I'm not going to let her down! Mark my words!" Twilight announced triumphantly.

"Ten bits says she makes you the royal archivist." Shining Armor whispered with a smirk, to which Twilight glared.

"You're just jealous that I'm a pretty princess, and you're not. I read your diary when we were little." Twilight replied smugly.

Blushing furiously, Shining Armor recoiled a bit. "Y-You read my diary?! I-I mean, what diary?! Soldiers don't keep diaries- they keep journals! Yeah!"

Snickering at her older brother's outburst, Twilight continued with a knowing glimmer in her eyes. "Don't worry, BBBFF: your secret desire of becoming a pretty little alicorn princess is safe with me."


"The weapon." Six said firmly, pointing down at her DMR. "Give it to me."

The horses seemed to understand the Spartan, a bit, and gently pushed the weapon behind themselves as the monster before them continued its charade of pointing at the object, and then itself.

"Look, horse. I don't know where the hell I am, or how I managed to get here, but thing you're keeping from me? It's a part of who I am, so I suggest you hand it over, unless you want things to get ugly." Noble Six threatened, rising to her feet.

In response, the white horse lifted her weapon with some unseen force before it vanished into thin air as the darker of the two horses took up a defensive stance.

Cracking her knuckles and neck in preparation for a fight, Noble Six smiled at the challenge.

"Better make it last, horse."


"Cadence is doing fine. I just wish Princess Celestia would select a new Captain of the Guard, soon, so I can stay with her in the Crystal Empire." Shining Armor explained.

Twilight nodded in understanding and opened her mouth to comment, but whatever she said was drowned out by the sounds of battle as Princess Luna crashed through wooden door and into the hallway, grappling with the alien as Princess Celestia charged out to join in the fight.

"Release us, foul cretin!" Princess Luna commanded as she struggled to pin the alien down to jab at it with her horn, while Celestia was busy struggling to persuade the two to stop fighting; simultaneously attempting to force the creature off of her sister with her magic.

As soon as a fight was obvious, Shining Armor was seconds from defending his princesses before Celestia caught whiff of his intentions and ordered him to stand down. Twilight, in the mean time, simply flicked her gaze between every pony in quick secession- utterly confused as to what had happened and how to stop it.


Noble Six's blood pounded through her veins as she fought against the blue horse who, surprisingly, was a lot stronger than it looked. So strong, in fact, that Noble Six was having a difficult time gaining an advantage on her opponent- which is not something that had happened in a very long time.

As the pair tumbled around in the hallway, the shouts and scraping of metal-on-floor filling the castle, guards began filling the empty space to help their princess, only to be held back by the voice of the large white pony.

Noble Six left herself open in order to strike, slamming her fist into the horse's chest and receiving two hind hooves to her groin- being thrown off of her enemy and slamming into the wall hard enough to leave cracks in the stone.

But Noble Six was far from finished, falling to her feet and charging once more towards the dark blue horse, who lowered its head as its horn began to glow in a menacingly way, reminding Six of a certain Covenant weapon.

At the last second, the Spartan veered to her right, narrowly avoiding a potentially deadly bolt of... What ever it was the horse launched at her, and threw herself against the horse's side.

With the horse secured under her and seemingly shocked, Noble Six proceeded to slam her fist into the horse's snout over and over again, until she felt a burning sensation building up behind her.

In an instant, Noble Six found herself kneeling on a stone floor as if she had been beating that to death the entire time, rather than the horse. The burning presence behind her still lingered, and Six turned to face whatever it was that was causing it.

When she turned, however, she found herself flying backwards at speeds she never could have imagined- smashing into a wall so hard that her shields drained in an instant.

Collapsing onto the floor from the impact and giving a little pained cough, Noble Six looked up just in time to gaze into the pure white eyes of a god-like horse, whose coat was just the slightest bit darker than its eyes while its fiery mane flowed gently on an unseen wind; little bits of flame licking at the creature's hooves.

As their eyes connected, Six felt immense pressure on ever inch of her body as she was slowly lifted into the air and unable to move. Without her shields, the Spartan felt ever point of pressure being applied to her body before she came face-to-face with the enraged horse, who spoke a few incomprehensible words before flinging the Spartan into an outdated prison cell and cracking her visor.

But, before the horse slammed the gate closed on her and trotted away, the two shared a look of hatred as the bars on cell seemed to grow larger and larger before Six was trapped in a metal box.

Noble Six was, yet again, all alone; like she was used to being.

Author's Note:

Check out this neat little tool that helped me break one thousand words for this chapter!
http://www.wordcounter.net/