• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 6,345 Views, 753 Comments

KIA - Darkswirl

  • ...
79
 753
 6,345

Escape!

"We do not trust it, 'Tia. Something feels wrong about that being. We felt it when we held them." Princess Luna stated quietly to her sister as the pair sat silently on their respective thrones.

There were few times the sisters could enjoy each others company, mostly during meals, but this was an emergency.

The Royal Guard had received reports or an incredibly odd meteor shower suddenly popping out of nowhere over the Everfree Forest and, as Celestia was nearly exhausted from the day, Luna had taken a small detachment of Guards to investigate the matter and assess the damage.

Not in all of her years of living, both in Equestria and on the Moon, had she ever seen anything so unusual like the materials that lay embedded in trees and the ground.

She and her guards had managed to retrieve a few pieces of it, but it was so strange... It reacted very little to her magic, which felt as if it simply slipped off the material.

It was the same with that creature one of the guards had found, and Luna had to keep applying more and more magic to it if she wanted to continuing dragging it along... But she knew it would be worth it; an alien, most likely sentient and highly advanced, was sitting secure in Twilight Sparkle's old quarters! Princess Luna simply wished the creature hadn't broken her nose...

"That is understandable, Lulu, but we can't treat it with violence. You and I both know how catastrophic the result can be from agitating powers unknown." Princess Celestia replied.

"We know, 'Tia, but what are we to do? Simply let the creature sit in the dark forever? Surely it has dietary needs, but I could see not even a mouth on it! How are we to take care of it, 'Tia? We know nothing about it."

"Which is why" Princess Celestia interrupted with a small, knowing smile. "Twilight and Shining Armor will be perfect candidates to interrogate it."

"Sister, we understand your decision for including the Captain of the Guard, but why Twilight? Surely she has more important things to be doing as a new princess?"

"Shining Armor is a prime interrogator, but I wish that the situation won't require some of his more extreme methods... With Twilight there, it will likely keep him in check, and I feel as if it is a good start for her to learn about diplomatic relations. Would you disagree?" Celestia inquired, slightly as a challenge.

Princess Luna lowered her head slightly before replying.

"Sister, you would risk war with an unknown alien civilization for the sake of teaching your student?"

"Luna, we are already risking war by binding it up and bringing it here. Besides, we have no knowledge to if it even has a civilization. Do you remember Mother and Father?" Princess Celestia said quietly, to which Luna lowered her head even more and did not respond. "We are the last of our kind, sister: the last of the pure blooded Alicorns. What's to say that the creature isn't the last of it's kind, as well? That metal you found, it's obviously severely damaged. There's no telling what catastrophic event it managed to survive."

Princess Luna sighed and stepped off of her throne, heading towards the door. "We suppose you are right, 'Tia. We are retiring to our quarters, now. Goodnight, sister."

"Goodnight, Luna." Celestia whispered as her sister stepped out into the hallway, leaving Celestia alone in the throne room.


Six was amazed, but gave no indication of it.

She had managed to escape from her barely secured room and creep down the hallway, avoiding patrols of guards here and there without making contact even slightly.

And now, she was standing on a red carpet that rolled out through a rather large hallway, complete with stone pillars on either side of the room in between stained glass windows depicting odd and confusing scenes.

One showed six horses, two with wing, two with horns, and two without either, jumping up to strike a large dark horse with both wings and a horn.

Another showed some bipedal reptile holding a heart.

Noble Six ignored the odd works and turned her attention back to the door at the end of the hall, quickly and quietly closing the distance between it and her.

It was obvious that there was something very important behind this door, based on the intricate design, and Six felt like she needed a bargaining chip more than ever. If only she could get inside...

Taking a quick glance behind her to make sure the hallway was devoid of any life, Noble Six began working on a plan to get the door open.

In the center, at the points of the triangles, there was a small hole; too big for any key she'd seen, but it had to be necessary to open the door properly...

Unfortunately for the door, Six didn't have time for proper.

Taking a step back and charging forward, the Spartan hit the door with the sound of splintering wood and creaking metal as Six's barrier gave way slightly.

Taking another step back and preparing again, the Spartan was too busy to notice the three faint blue dots on her motion tracker...


Thud.

"Your majesty, we can't just sit here and let that thing get to the Elements!" Shining Armor whispered urgently to his leader.

"Be still, Captain. It can't know how to use them or what they're even used for. It will probably think it stumbled into a small treasury, if anything." Princess Celestia replied quietly, turning her head away from the scene and towards her pupil. "And what do you think it's doing, Twilight?"

Twilight Sparkle, recently turned Alicorn princess, snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Princess Celestia in confusion.

In return, Princess Celestia offered a small smile before repeating her question. "I asked you what you think the creature thinks it's doing."

"Oh, right. Sorry." Twilight whispered sheepishly before turning her gaze back to the alien, who had now successfully broken through the door and was making its way into the Chamber of the Elements. "I honestly have no idea, princess. I'm surprised it stuck around, instead of trying to escape. Maybe it's looking for something to trade it's freedom for? But how could it know something valuable was behind that door?"

"Well, the door does stand out quite a bit..." Shining Armor offered, at which point Celestia gave a small, pleased, bow of her head.

"Very good, both of you. I think it's time to meet our new friend..."


So, horses that have a thing for jewelry... the Spartan mused as she flipped the lid closed to the large, ornate chest that held five necklaces and a tiara, each embedded with a few smaller gems to complement the larger centerpiece gem.

As Noble Six exited the room, chest in hand, she immediately dropped the case and kicked it behind her; gripping the shard of mirror and taking a defensive posture against the three ponies that now stood blocking her way.

The tallest of them, the white horse she had seen before, made no reaction, while the smaller, purple winged-unicorn reared back a bit, and the white unicorn took up an aggressive stance.

Each held their ground as an uneasy feeling crept over the room. If a fight broke out, it certainly wouldn't have a pretty end.

After a few more moments of silence, the tall white horse gently nudged the side of the purple one, easing her towards Noble Six.

Giving a nervous gulp, the small, winged-unicorn cautiously trotted forward until she stood a few feet in front of the alien, who tensed slightly at her approach. Reaching her hoof out slowly in greeting, Twilight hopped she wouldn't die here; away from all of her friends and everything she loved, at the mercy of a terrifying alien.

Noble Six, however, did not return the greeting; opting, instead, to dash back towards the box, snatch it up and then make her way down the hallway in nearly the blink of an eye to the purple horse and the small white unicorn.

To the taller horse, however, clearly anticipated an unfriendly reaction from the alien and, as Noble Six neared the exit, she felt a heavy weight slam into her side, sending her down to the ground and the chest sliding across the floor.

Looking up to face her attacker, Six smirked beneath her helmet at the return of the dark blue horse, who now sported a bandaged splint across the bridge of her nose. Noble Six tried to fight back, but found that she had an incredibly hard time moving anything in her body as her shields flared once more and began draining.

The dark horse stepped off of her to make way for the white one, whose horn was glowing with a slightly breath-taking golden, wavy glow- as if it were part liquid, part gas.

Snapping out of her little trance with a jolt, Six found herself staring into the worried and confused eyes of the tall white pony, who made an attempt to communicate something to her, but slammed into the language barrier.

The horse gave another try at speaking to Six, saying whatever it was at a slow, steady pace before taking a step back.

As she did so, Noble Six found her shields recharging and she slowly sat up to see the purple horse slowly approaching once more, offering her hoof in greeting.

Noble Six slowly reached her hand out to grasp and shake the hoof.