• Published 21st May 2013
  • 1,291 Views, 24 Comments

Little Apple Cousins - kwr2k13



Brad and Alex Smith, cousins of Jack and Evan, find themselves transformed into Babs Seed and Apple Bloom on their 25th Birthday. What will happen next?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,291

Chapter 5: Down on the Farm

Chapter 5: Down on the Farm

It had been a strange week for our little fillies, Apple Bloom and her favorite cousin, Babs Seed. Going from two adult males to two adorable elementary girls, one with red hair and one with pink hair, to little fillies from the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic took time to adjust to. Thankfully, family members like Granny Smith and Auntie Apple Brown Betty were able to fill the fillies in on the missing pieces of their pony lives. Apple Bloom was the youngest of the Apple siblings, with the eldest being the red stallion, Big McIntosh, or Big Mac, to his family. The middle sibling, Applejack, was an orange mare with a blonde mane, and a holder of the Element of Honesty. The farm, known as Sweet Apple Acres, was a family-run business, specializing in apple production and apple-themed products. The girls had already sampled some of these "Apple-tastic Treats" at Auntie Betty's, including her famous Apple Brown Betty (the dessert, not her). Granny Smith offered the Zap Apple Jam and some seeds to start the Zap Apple trees, along with a story behind the founding of Ponyville. Apple Bloom was finally at home with the farm. She couldn't wait to explore ways to earn her Cutie Mark. She thought about her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, who formed a club called the Cutie Mark Crusaders. These three fillies, along with Babs Seed were now part of this special club, dedicated to helping "Blank Flank" colts and fillies earn their Cutie Marks.

Still in their dream-induced slumber, Apple Bloom got the seeds from Granny Smith, who told the fillies they could start work on the apple orchards and showed the fillies the proper way to plant the regular apple seeds and the Zap Apple trees.

Granny Smith smiled as the girls began tp plant the seeds, "Oh, this reminds me of one of your ancestors, Apple Bloom and Babs! His name was Apple Seeds. He travelled with our family to meet with Princess Celestia. The Solar Princess offered him and his growing family the farm land we now call home." Apple Bloom remembered about Apple Seeds from Family Appreciation Day.

Granny Smith continued her story, "Sadly, Apple Seeds passed away long ago. I can show you where we buried him. His last wishes were to plant new trees from the seeds we gathered whenever we harvested the apples." The fillies' ears drooped as Granny nearly teared up, "Oh, buck up, youngins. Those seeds we got from Auntie Betty are descended from the very seeds your Great Great Great....Grandfather showed Princess Celestia that day when we arrived to found Ponyville. Perhaps we can recreate our own Ponyville, right here. What do you say?"

Apple Bloom smiled and looked at Babs, "You wanna start plantin' the apple trees, cuz? We can be just like our pony ancestors!" She secretly wanted to get her Cutie Mark in either apple planting or selling apples to customers.

Babs nodded, blowing a tuff of hair from her face, "What are we waitin' for...let's start the orchards!" The young fillies started galloping off when Granny Smith spoke up, "Now, hold yer horses, young ladies, Ah'm comin' to supervise. I know where those seed should be planted. Now, where's my waterin' can and gardenin' tools?" She looked for them in the shed. Apple Bloom went to help her grandma search for the tools they would need for the job. Spades for digging small holes, check. Watering can, check. Seeds, check. Water....uh-oh.

Granny Smith looked to find some buckets and the water pump. "Is that the water pump, Granny?" Apple Bloom said, pointing a hoof towards an old-fashioned water pump used on the farm to wash up from work or get water for crops.

Granny Smith nods, "Yessire, half-pint. Let's see if it still works." She headed over and pulled up on the handle, releasing the fresh-clean water into the watering can. Babs got a bucket for water and waited to fill it with water, as did Apple Bloom. This feat was hard to do with little hooves and an eldery mare supervising two energetic fillies made this task difficult for three ponies to do. Just then, two forms appeared over the horizon to see what the ponies were up to. One was a rather large stallion, and the other was a mare with blond hair.

The mare, Applejack, saw the red haired filly trying to pump water into the bucket and nearly getting soaked by spilling the bucket, falling on her head. Apple Bloom pouted, all soak and wet, and no Cutie Mark. "Ah reckon there's no Cutie Mark fer wearin' a bucket on yer head and bein' soaked wet." Apple Bloom pouted as she crossed her forehooves as Babs helped remove the bucket.

Big McIntosh and Applejack neared the trio, "Looks like mah little sister needs some help. How 'bout it, Sugarcube?" The green eyed mare offered her hoof to Apple Bloom, who saw her sister's warm smile, "Applejack! Sis! Ah am so glad to see you! Look, Granny Smith brought y'all gifts from Auntie Brown Betty. They're over on the front porch." She pointed over at the gifts still on the porch.

Apple Bloom snuggled up against her sister warmly, and Applejack returned the favor. "Well then, you must be Babs Seed. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres, cousin. Y'here for some plantin'? Those trees aint gunna be growin' themselves..." Applejack took the seeds from Granny and Big Mac went to get more tools from the shed, including the wheelbarrow to place. Babs and Apple Bloom, Big Mac and Granny Smith began to sing a song about planting the apple orchards.

As soon as the song ended, the family admired their handywork. "Boy Howdy, those trees will be sproutin' some delicious apples in no time, right big brother?" Applejack commented, pointing to the orchards.

Big Mac smiled and nodded, "Eeyup!" He then turned to the kids, "When did you get on the farm?"

Apple Bloom smiled, "We got here earlier this afternoon. Granny went inside the farmhouse to announce our arrival...Didn't ya hear her?"

Applejack scratched the back of her head, "Must've been upstairs gettin' ready for the day." She attempted to keep a straight face, then composed herself. "Oh, by the way, thanks f'r the new hat, sis." She placed her trademark Stetson on her head. Applejack then looked over at her sister and Babs Seed. "Ah saw Aunt Betty got ya one too. Why ain't ya wearin' it? Ah'll go fetch it f'r ya. Oh, Babs, you got one too. We should get a group photo for the family album!"

Babs blew that stubborn lock of mane from her face, "Sure, that'll be great!" She turned to Apple Bloom, "This is gonna be a great story to tell my big sis back home in Manehattan. I could use some help writing a letter to her."

Apple Bloom nodded, "Yeah! Maybe Applejack or Big Mac can get some paper, pencil, an envelope, and a stamp! Cutie Mark Crusader Letter Writers!" She and Babs High-Hooved, but something seemed off. Apple Bloom was missing two friends. An empty outline of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo appeared when Apple Bloom and Babs completed their signature Cutie Mark Crusader hoof-bump, reminding the youngest member of the Apple Family she was missing her friends. The family business came first, though, as Applejack, Big McIntosh, and Granny Smith instilled in the little fillies. Soon, the sun set over the horizon, and it was dinner time.

Applejack rang a triangle to signal dinner was ready, "Yee-Haw! SOUPS ON, EVERYPONY!" She hollered, as Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, Babs Seed, and later Granny Smith, who had woken from her nap, came to the dinner table.

Sadly, this family moment in the dream was rudely interrupted by Apple Brown Betty's call for dinner. Just as Applejack had used the dinner triangle for mealtime, Aunt Betty had done the same. "Girls, wash up for dinner! Your'e food's getting cold!"

Comments ( 11 )

I'm going to have to redo this story.

While that's happening, check out my OC, Small Horn the little Unicorn as a rescue attempt is being launched by Zecora and possibly Dr. Hooves, and possibly Spitfire.

:pinkiesad2: yeah good idea but please take advice from my previous comments when you do

I'm planning to redo this fan fic, so I will need an apple Bloom and I will play as Babs Seed.

We will need a Granny Smith and maybe the aunt became Applejack's auntie mentioned in The ticket master (The dessert, not mah auntie). Apple Brown Betty is a dessert item Applejack has in her cart that she was planning to sell at the Grand Galloping Gala. Apparently, there's an Earth Pony in the Apple Family named Aunt Apple Brown Betty. I am sure she attends the Apple Family reunion.

What if a whole group of people end up as members of the Apple Family (minus Big Mac and AJ)?

We have :

Apple Bumpkin
Apple Strudel (brother of Granny Smith)
Red Gala
Yellow Delicious
Hayseed Turnip Truck
Dosie Do (seen square dancing with the other family members)
Fiddlesticks (plays violin)
Auntie Apple Rose (cousin of Granny Smith)
Auntie Apple Sauce
Appleseed (based on John Chapman aka Johnny Appleseed). Appleseed could have a descendant also named Appleseed
Apple Sprout (one of the foals mentioned by his/her mother while she was making apple fritters).

Comment posted by flyinggirl deleted Jan 4th, 2014

:trixieshiftleft:This story- at first, I thought it worked, sort of. Then, I debated downvoting out of frustration, and having it removed from the group. But now, with the news of the rewrite- Well, I'll be merciful. You deserve that much.:trixieshiftright:

8057820 It'll take time to do so since this story was a part of the Five score divided by 4 universe. My 1st attempt at a fan fiction involving two characters who were going to become younger characters.

Well a good start a bit rished but overall it qas fun

8057794
I know man. I once put an EG story in the CMC 10K group by mistake.

8058927
It may be worth clarifying in the description it's a 5cd4 story, cause otherwise the tf comes out of nowhere.

oi get of your ass and do more chapters:pinkiesad2:

10494507
i seem to have lost interest in this. It is supposed to be a 5 score, divided by 4 side story. The real CMC story is The Last Crusade, which has all 4 CMC members, including Babs Seed and told from Sweetie Belle's POV.

Login or register to comment