• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 806 Views, 10 Comments

Feathers and Flames! - Ethereal Trixster



Blossomforth and Twilight have noticed something strange of late at Manehattan and it all revolves around one thing in particular; Fire! Can they figure out the source of these timely fires and dangerous fires or watch their fair city burn.

  • ...
1
 10
 806

Now some Crackle

Blossomforth bit into her haywich, the grilled hay was a poor way to drop the sudden request on Twilight. The reason was because after her first drink of carrot juice, she went into a lengthy explanation of what was happening. She started with he fire station recruiting ponies and others alike to help combat a widespread of fires that had been downplayed so far. It wasn't soon after that she brought up the exhaustion and tired looks she got, including today's incident with the missing fire hose. The occasional gasp for air or drink of her carrot juice was the only thing that deterred her from finishing her story.

So when she asked for help finding the culprit(s) after she finished, she imagined Twilight standing up at the end of her rant, donning a bowler hat pulling a bubble pipe from nowhere with her magic and taking the case that very instant, but unfortunately that wasn't what she got. Instead, Twilight then stared at her like if she grew another head.

"Blossomforth you want me to do what now? I'm pretty sure I misheard you somewhere in your explanation." Said a confused Twilight

Twilight looked at the pegasus with disbelief, this wasn't exactly something she believed her friend would say.

"I want you to help me find the one starting the fires." Said Blossomforth.

She honestly thought Twilight would be willing to help, as she was always willing to help in some way or form. This was apparently not one of those days.

"Don't you think the police and fire department should handle this Blossomfoth?" Says Twilight.

The pegasus already told Twilight of how well they had a grasp on things, she wanted to tell her what she believed the fire chief thought, how Manehattan's finest were slowly unraveling with these fires. They need a beacon of hope, and if they couldn't be that beacon, then they'd surely help them.

"I do, but we could help even if its just a little Twilight." Says a persuasive Blossomforth.

Blossomforth knew the studious unicorn was the best choice, Daring was a good second and Trixie third because of their obvious talents, but Twilight is her best bet if she was going to find a whatever is causing these fires. Twilight had an answer or idea for just about everything, so by that logic Twilight had already caught the culprit or the very least was right on their tail in Blossomforth's eyes to say the least..

"Blossomforth doesn't this seem a little dangerous to you?" Twilights said worriedly.

Twilight hoped to dissuade her friend from well this sort of thinking, it wasn't the best of plans, but it was a far cry from some of the things they've done while here. Nightmare Moon was pretty big on the idea scale of this was dangerous and why are we doing this, besides to save Equestria?

"I understand that you want to help, but I don't think this is the best way too help, maybe I could volunteer with you? I mean if there are unicorns freezing up like you said then this would be the perfect thing to help out." Twilight Explained.

"I guess, I just don't think you being there would be more helpful then both of us catching the fire starter." She didn't want to tell Twilight this but if the book-smart mare wasn't going to assist the junior weather cadet, she'd go to the next pony on her list and so on until she ran out of a list.

""It might be, but I think we should help put out the fires...see like that one." Twilight's eyes peered at the column of black smoke, four or five blocks away. Twilight rose to her hooves quickly, Blossomforth and herself sharing a quick glance before both heading off towards the newest fire in Manehattan. Twilight's thoughts pertained to how swiftly she and Blossomforth could put out the fire, perhaps that would get her friends mind off catching this arsonist. This wasn't was on Blossomforth's mind though, the smell of burning wood, oak to be specific, filled the air. It was a bit unsettling actually, because she could only think of one place oak in Manehattan; the library.

"See you at the fire." Blossomforth's words couldn't have come out any faster as she flew off leaving a perplexed unicorn in her wake. Blossomforth had to get there first, she had to beat Twilight, she had to beat the fire department and she had to find out because if it was the library, then one of her friends might've already been in danger.

Comments ( 3 )

So now the library catches on fire...a bit of a short chapter, but it's still good.

4674534 know its short but being able to type on something though will change that.

Login or register to comment