• Published 31st May 2014
  • 9,107 Views, 303 Comments

Acceptance - Riddle-Me-Think



Ponyville is seen as a quaint little town by those who live there, and for Twilight Sparkle, it has all she needs with her friends by her side. When a stranger that she is familiar with comes into town, she finds herself questioning as to what to do

  • ...
24
 303
 9,107

Remembering Things

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


With the news of an impending invasion on Equestrian soil now known to the changelings of Ponyville, each one began to ready for the coming day. Roma was one of those changelings, slightly excited at the idea of fighting other changelings again like she use to. There was a certain thrill she got from fighting, slashing and throwing her chakrams about to make damage like no other.

Granted, Roma took her time to take stock of her remaining disk-like-knives and see how many she had to actually use. This took her to her basement, were all her chakrams were currently stored until needed. There was just one thing that bothered her when she had ventured down into her dimly-lit space under her house.

Off to the side and unknown to all, three cocoons hung from the ceiling of her basement, each holding a changeling from the small incident at Twilight’s. Roma snorted at the sight, hearing from the Snuggles and Cuddles that their clan would not be stopping by any time soon.

I’m talken’ to scarecrow about that, She settled to herself, mentally counting out the number of chakrams she had on hoof. I don’t know about that heir, but I’m not keeping these leaches around for much longer, Already tiered of the three taking up some of the other changelings’ food stocks.

She nodded at the number of chakrams she had, turning around and already planning to visit Masquerade and find out what to do about her immobile guests. Heading upstairs, Roma went to one of her closets, digging through the small space to find her saddlebags and use them for a little shopping she had in mind.

Taking some extra time to find the bits she would need latter, the mare gave a confident smile and made for the door, opening it to great the day. Her smile slipped off though, when she spotted a pegasus colt, trying to use his camera to see past her tinted windows to her basement.

Giving a slight snort at the colts actions, she shouted, “Hey kid, can I help ya with something?” Catching the scrawny little pegasus’s attention, “Cuz I‘m pretty sure your snoopin’ where ya aint suppose to, now scram!” And sent the colt scrambling off.

With another snort, Rome rolled her eyes, locking the door behind her saying, “Kids these days, don’t know a lick of respect.” Before making her way towards the Golden-what’s-it’s-Library.

Roma wasn’t lying when she said the mare who own the library was crazy, considering everything she supposedly has been through and done. First that Nightmare Moon gal, then the ursa, that mismatch-goat-thing that looked like a snake? Roma still wasn’t sure what the last one was, only that it made everything go crazy.

The changeling shrugged thinking, I gotta admit, half the stuff it did was funny…making houses fall like cutout cardboard! Snickering to herself at the scene she still remembered to this day. The pony that had made them all fall with a sneeze also looked so lost and confused after the event too, it only added to the humor.

While she made her way through town, Roma could not help but notice all the newspapers that seemed to have sprung from no where and in everyponies hooves. With her interest piqued, Roma drifted over to one of the ponies asking, “Hey bub, what‘s with all the papers?”

Lowering his own copy to take a look at who was asking, the pony pointed into the paper saying, “Only the most interesting gossip being written in the Foal Free Press.” And scooting over for Roma to get a look.

Reading into the paper some, Roma could not hold back the smile that formed on her muzzle at what was written down, chuckling a little saying, “So this Gabby Gums thinks the mayors mane is actually pink, not grey?” Reading a bit further before pulling away, “Funny, but that’s about it. Thanks for letten’ me see.”

Getting a nod from the pony who went back to reading, Roma got set back on her destination in mind while thinking about the latest news. I’ll ask what the buzz is inside the grapevine later, for now I have a heir to see, coming up to her stop and readying a hoof at the door.

The earth mare had to stop her moving hoof as the door had chosen that time to open, leaving a lavender mare in the doors place. Twilight came to a halt, getting Spike to run into her from behind at her sudden lack of movement.

Roma blinked for a moment before smiling saying, “Hey there Sparkles, mind if I come in, I have some stuff t‘ ask that colfriend of yours.” Pulling her hoof back and acting like she wasn’t about to smack the unicorn.

With a calming breath, Twilight said, “I‘m sorry Roma, he‘s not here right now, said something about ribbons…” Scratching her head at the last bit before saying, “I don’t think he‘ll be back for a while.”

“Well shucks.” Roma kicked the ground some, “I needed to talk to him about my house guests since those Gems aren’t commin‘ by.” Moving out of the way so the mare and her little dragon could pass.

Nodding her thanks and closing the door behind herself and Spike, Twilight asked, “I didn’t know they were still here…they‘re not causing you any trouble are they?” A little unnerved the changelings from nearly a month or so back were still around.

Deciding to follow along with the mage, Roma said, “Still unnerved ‘bout what they did huh?” Seeing Twilight nod at her inquiry. With a slight smile, Roma said, “Hun, you have nothing to worry about. There little places are so filled with haze, I don’t think they even know it‘s been a month since they were put down.”

Twilight let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding and said, “That‘s…good to know.” Taking a moment to think before asking, “Since Mask isn’t around, would you like to join me and Spike at the spa?” Seeing Roma think her invitation over, Twilight added, “All my friends are going to be their--”

“Like Marshmallow?” Roma smirked, already coming up with little teasing comments to say to the mare. Looking back to her bags, the mare shrugged, “Eh, I nice soak might do me good…maybe a massage too.” Likening the idea more and more.

With a smile, she nodded, “Why not, even if Marshmallow isn’t there, it still sounds nice.” Following along the two while saying, “I also have heard something about a pony called Gabby Gums, know anything?”


Apple Bloom looked to the door before her, shifting from hoof to hoof as she considered what she was doing. With the Gabby Gums column gaining such a big reputation in such a short amount of time, Apple Bloom and her friends wanted to keep going with the idea. When they asked if she could find the next big thing, the filly had agreed she might have something.

However, standing before the door to the Gem sisters guest room made her nervous. Since they had gotten a letter from that Masquerade fellow, both of the twins had taken up to some privet time to morn for their clansmen some. She turned to leave, but the door opened anyways, showing Ebony who smiled down to her.

Seeing the small filly before her, Ebony asked, “Is there something you wish to ask Little Bloom?” Doing her best not to show any pain in front of the filly.

Shyly, Apple Bloom scuffed the floor a bit saying, “I-It‘s alrigh‘ Eb, I was thinkin‘ of asken‘ ya’ll ‘bout the Gems more…” Peeking past the black mare to see a somewhat teary eyed Ivory in the room, “Bu‘ I can go ask another pony if--”

“No Apple Bloom.” Ebony put her hoof on the filly’s shoulder to keep her from walking away, “My sister an I would be happy to tell you more about the Gems.” Looking back to Ivory saying, “Is that not right sister?”

With a slight sniff, Ivory nodded saying, “It would do us good to talk about our clan.” While also thinking, it will help us to remember what we have strived for.

Looking a little unsure, but nodding anyways, Apple Bloom let Ebony guide her inside the room and took a seat on the bed. Getting her notepad out with a pencil, both Gem sisters held back a giggle at how cute they found the filly while laying down on either side of her.

“Where would you like to start?” Ivory asked, feeling somewhat better with the fillies presents and excitement coming off her. She apparently wishes to know much, she conveyed to Ebony, who smiled at what her sister thought.

Looking between the two, Apple Bloom asked, “How did the Gem Clan start?” Knowing some of the Apple clans origins, but not the Gems.

With wide smiles, both sisters said, “It started long ago, in a time much longer before our own.”

“It started with our forefather, Anarchy Breaker, who with the help of his wife bared five children that would be his heirs.” Ebony started off, remembering the story that one of the elder had told her and Ivory, “These five heirs were: Malek Eye, the first heir to his fathers clan. Willed Winds, the second heir and strong warrior. Gem Caller, the third heir and tradesmen. Veron Vertigo, forth heir and protector from the shadows. Then Lue Little, fifth heir and magical prodigy.”

Ivory took over next, saying, “When Anarchy passed on, Malek eyes saw the clan he had, and saw that he could not handle the responsibilities as clan head.” Then had to hold the urge to giggle as the young Apple foal was busy writing away, “He gave each of his siblings a part of the clan, thus creating the five prominent clans that we talk about today.”

Ebony went next saying, “Gem Caller was in charge of keeping the treasures of the five clans safe, and helping to use it wisely.” She closed her eyes to think of all the places she and her sister and bother had been doing their travels, seeing so many things. “The Gems made it their life to gather treasure near and far, gathering it so their family would always have what they need...”

“Years passed on.” Ivory picked back up when her sister seemed to stop, “The once five clan heads became five different clans, with the Gems constantly exploring the lands for new treasure and cities to trade with.” With a smile, Ivory nuzzled the filly saying, “This is how the Gems met the Apple Clan, Little Bloom.”

Looking up with some amazement, the filly asked, “Really?” Feeling excited to know some history she never knew before.

With a collective giggle with her sister, Ebony said, “Yes really, near a few hundred years, one of these explores for the Gems found a small group of ponies looking for a place to call home.”

“They joined up with these ponies, helping scout out he land and make friends with them.” Ivory said while remembering a few places with her sister, “The explore saw much in their travels in Equestria, becoming close to the ponies known as the Apples before they settled down.”

Giving a sad smile, Ebony told, “The explore however, left the Apples, as he still had more places to explore and didn’t wish to be in one place.” But with another smile, the black pegasus told, “A month latter, he came back with the Gem Clan, leading a caravan full of supplies for his friends.”

With wide eyes the filly asked, “A whole caravan fer us?” Completely stumped at the idea of a number of ponies --who were changeling-- coming in and all but giving away a caravan of things for free.

With giggles, the sisters both said, “The Gem clan have always been shrewd when it came to business, trade and long term planning.” Putting their wings over the filly saying, “They thought that helping the Apple clan would be a good investment, we certainly think it was.”

Curious at the word used, Apple Bloom asked, “Investment?” Recalling her older siblings using the term now and then, but never really asking what it meant.

With smiled, Ebony told, “An investment is where a pony spends some bits so they might make more bits latter on.”

Feeling the fillies confusion rise, Ivory explained, “It would be like your apple trees, you spend bits to keep them healthy, with the goal to sell their produce for more bits.”

The yellow filly gave a nod after some thought, now understanding what they were getting to. Apple Bloom was then quick to write this down now, thinking that this story would be interesting to other ponies.

A new set of knocks alerted the three to somepony at the door, stopping from any further story telling. Taking initiative, Ivory got up off the bed and trotted over to the door, smiling some as she had a good idea who was beyond the door.

Swinging it open, she gave a wide smile saying, “Beau!” Hugging the stallion and pulling him in, “Come, sister and I were about to go further into telling more of the Gem clan.”

Both ponies on the bed gave giggles at the large earth stallion being pulled along by the smaller pegasus mare and sit him down. Ivory then sat down, leaning onto Mac with a content smile on her muzzle.

Macintosh patted the mare to get her to stop for a moment, and looked to Apple Bloom saying, “Can I have a moment with Ebony an‘ Ivory, Bloom?”

Giving a confused look but nodding, Apple Bloom jumped off the bed and headed out the door, wondering what her brother wanted to ask the two Gems.

When the fily was gone, Mac motioned for Ebony to join him with Ivory and taking a moment to collect his thoughts. With both mares on either side of him, he said, “Ah wanted t’ talk ‘bout your clan in hidin‘.” Rubbing his hoof up and down Ivory’s back he asked, “What does tha‘ fully imply fer you both?”

Both sisters felt themselves sag at the question and telling, “It means until further notice, all Gem clan members are to remain hidden and away from one another.” Nuzzling closer they told, “It means we must remain here and away from our own clan, lest we become suspect to being infiltrators.”

Mac could not say he completely understood why ones own family would turn away their own or be even suspicious of them. But when thinking about a changelings power in taking the face of those you love, their actions were justified.

Reaching over Ebony’s head, Mac gave her fore head a light kiss, doing the same for Ivory while telling them both, “We aint your clan, bu‘ we Apples look after our own.” Using his other hoof to reach over Ebony and pull her closely like he did Ivory, “An‘ ya‘ll are Apples in our books.”

Sniffing a little, Ebony hugged back best she could saying, “Thank you Beau, it means much to us.” Her body trembling as she felt her sisters relief while she sobbed on Macintosh’s other side.

The stallion ear twitched a little, hearing his sister yelling she was home from visiting her friends from the spa in town. Giving one last squeeze to both sisters, he told, “I gatta go talk t‘ AJ ‘bout somthin‘ now.” Giving one last kiss to their lips telling, “Remember, we Apples are here any time fer ya.”

Leaving out their door and leaving both sisters in their lowly lit room again. Both sisters seemed to waver in place with dreamy smiles after the kiss, feeling worlds better from it and more full then they normally felt.


With the day drawing to a close, a number of stalls and shops began to move their wears inside and lock their doors for the night to come. Others decided to stick around a bit more later, seeing if any other potential customers might stop by.

The shop Masquerade came out from was not one of them, as they chose to close up on time and had asked him to leave. The second heir wasn’t bothered by this, as he didn’t find what he wanted. He had stopped by Rarity’s earlier, but the mare apparently had gone out before he could catch her leave.

So without his main means of acquiring what he was searching for, the Malek went on a little shopping trip. One that quickly turned into a bust as he still couldn’t find what he needed. Except the ribbons, he corrected in thought, found those with no trouble.

With another glance around the emptying streets, the stallion thought about what he would do for the rest of the evening. Eyes wandering a bit, he gave a shrug when he spotted Sugar Cube Corner down the road and deciding to go see what was happening. After all, the place was a hotspot for changelings to pass information through the grapevine, might as well see what the buzz is today.

With a quick pace set, the black stallion made his way over to the bakery while scanning his surroundings once more. As much as he has come to like the peaceful town of Ponyville, he also felt a bit board with the lack of action. He had done what he could to make sure he prepared for the day of the invasion, but he needed something a bit more fun to do.

I should see what Toe-Tapper’s up to. He thought, thinking about the only changeling in town that would even touch friendship levels, Ancestors knows I need more practice, or I’ll get rusty!

That also brought up a new thought in mind for the changeling when it came to fighting. He knew Twilight could hold in her own in a magical fight, having both skill and magic to do the task. But she lacked any real combat skills that he and other changelings had, just some practice dummy’s and maybe the common stunning spell or magic beam that unicorn ponies liked to learn.

Note to self, teach Twilight how to use some of my illusions, and maybe some swordplay. Giving a satisfied nod at the idea, Masquerade reached the sweets shop and reached for the door, already thinking of what he should be teaching later.

As soon as the door opened though, he sorely wished he just went home instead as a surprised --but now extremely happy-- grey pegasus stood before him. With a wide smile Cloud Kicker said, “Why hello handsome, I see your back!” And making a step towards him.

Just as quickly, Masquerade took a step back, mind rushing with ways to avoid being around the mare for long. Eyes darting about he told, “Oh hi, uh… Cloud Kicker right?” He asked nervously, wishing changelings could learn the teleporting spell ponies had invented.

Rather unexpectedly, Mask found himself landing on his rear as he tripped over something, letting the mare quickly advance on him and get too close for his comfort. She slid up right next to his body, putting a foreleg around him to keep him from escaping.

Fluttering her eyes, she said, “That’s right, now tell me.” Moving closer to his face that had bugged out eyes, “Would you care to escort me home, its getting rather late and a I would feel better with a stallion such as yourself to walk me back?”

Masquerade gulped, trying to edge out of the mares grasp and said, “On a normal sort of way, I would.” His ear flicking as he heard a distinct snapping sound somewhere, but ignored it for his current problem, “Buuut, I gotta run!” Charging his horn quickly to cast a low-powered smokescreen.

The mare was taken by surprise, hacking and coughing at the foul green smoke and using her hoof to wave it away. In her distraction, the stallion had escaped her grasp and was now gone form sight. Looking around, She gave an irritated huff, stomping her hoof saying, “I was so close.”

Giving the empty area one last look, the pegasus opened her wings and set flight for home, deciding to try her hoof again later. As she made her leave, a nearby tree rustled a bit and made a few leaves fall down. Soon enough, a branch snapped and Masquerade came crashing down groaning.

Ponies are not meant to climb trees. The infiltrator thought while shaking his head and slowly got back up. Ponies are also too soft… He also added, wishing he was at least protected by his harder changeling shell. As use to pony bodies as Masquerade was, he still did not like the fact pony bodies were so easy to hurt.

Not that soft bodies are bad, he grinned while deciding to head home, after all, it makes cuddling with Twinkles all the more pleasurable. With a progressively growing grin he thought, Training waits, cuddling with Twinkles comes first. Snickering in his mind while he approached the library door.

Quietly opening it and peeking in, the stallion quickly scanned the area for his prey, feeling a little disappointed she wasn’t in the main room. Closing the door behind himself, Masquerade looked about again, extending his sense best he could to feel her emotions. Above him, Twilight’s feathered owl hooted down at the changeling, curious as to what he was up to.

Looking up, Masquerade quirked a brow asking, “You don’t happen to know where Twilight is, do ya?” Getting only small bits of remnant emotions on the floor and on the stairs.

With another hoot, the owl took off from his perch and flew over to the stairs, conforming what Masquerade thought. With a grin he nodded, “Thanks.” Trotting to the stairs and ascending them with a wolfish grin.

On the second floor, Twilight read over one of her older tomes on spells, researching for anything she might have missed. Behind her and sneaking in the darker spots of the room, one stallion carefully positioned himself to ready for his next act.

Finding the right angle, but also feeling he was too far, the black unicorn stalked closer to the mare, making sure to keep as silent as possible. True most any pony could walked around Twilight Sparkle and not be noticed when she was reading, but it was no fun just doing that. Besides, his changeling instincts and training demanded he sneak up on her.

So, when he was close enough, Masquerade leaned down and readied his legs with the most mischievous grin on his muzzle. On an instant, he let all tension release in his legs and pounced on the mare, causing her to yelp in surprise as he pinned her to the floor saying, “Surprise!” Stealing a quick kiss from her lips.

Twilight looked up at the stallion completely bewildered at his actions for a moment, caught off guard at what had happened. This quickly morphed into a challenging smile as she lit her horn to teleport and get back at him.

Before she could cast the spell, all focus was lost as Masquerade began to tickle her, making her squeal and laugh.

“Nu-uh, I caught you fair and square, I want cuddles.” Masquerade told his fillyfriend, chuckling as he jumped off of her and used his magic to gather a few pillows in one spot.

Getting her breath back, Twilight looked back up with a small smile asking, “What brought this on, did you miss me today?” Watching as he arranged the pillows into a semicircle.

With a grin, he waved the mare over, using his magic to pick up her book telling, “I did miss you, but that’s not the reason.” Tapping his hoof to ask her to lay down.

Rolling her eyes at her stallions actions, Twilight got up from where she was and lied down next to him, relaxing back and using him like a backrest. Seeing her book before her, Twilight moved it over some asked, “So what brought it on then?” Paying only some attention to the book now.

Bending his neck from side to side and getting a few pops, he told, “I ran into Cloud Kicker in town, had to use a tree as cover.” And felt Twilight's rather bemused emotions, explaining, “It reminded me that you ponies aren’t meant to climb trees, and have way too soft bodies.”

Craning her neck to look at her coltfriend, Twilight satiated, “You fell out of the tree and hit the ground.”

“Not my fault, the branch thought it would be funny to drop me on my head.” He said with an upturned nose, “Never did like climbing trees anyways, all those branches and leaves getting in the way…”

Twilight giggled at his grumblings, delving back into her book as she relaxed on her stallion saying, “I‘m guessing you wanted to cuddle with me after remembering how soft out bodies are then?”

Grinning the stallion replied, “But of course, changelings cuddle too, but doing so as a pony is much more preferable.” Nuzzling her mane saying, “Much more warmer and softer fur, opposed to cold and hard shells we don.” With a slight sniff he asked, “Spa?”

Nodding to him, Twilight then remembered, “That reminds me, while Spike and I were heading to the spa, Roma stopped by to ask what you wanted to do about those three changelings from a few weeks back?”

Masquerade narrowed his eyes a bit and felt the urge to hiss, doing his best to hold it back saying, “I don’t know, and honestly I don’t feel like I should care.” Taking a deep breath to calm himself, getting a good whiff of Twilight’s scent, “But they can‘t stay there forever, and it‘s partially my responsibility to do something about them…”

He could feel Twilight’s concern flow into him with her close contact as she asked, “Maybe they could be talked to, convince them to leave?” Knowing that the stallions cold actions towards the three imprisoned changelings was just him being protective of her.

“Maybe Twinkles.” The heir nodded, “Maybe…”

Ignoring her book for a moment, Twilight looked back at the thinking changeling saying, “Maybe I should come with.” Receiving a shocked look from him as she explained, “We both know you like doing things in a changeling way, but maybe going about this a pony way might help change the results?”

Masquerades head tilted down some, going deeper into thought at Twilight’s reasoning. Like all the times before, his eyes moved about as he looked more about his mind then what was in front of him. On a normal case, he would deny letting Twilight anywhere near the changelings that had attacked her, dealing with them himself.

However, she was going to talk with them with him around. Roma will be their too, and I’m sure I can convince a few others to join in, knowing that a few changelings would be willing to protect the mare that had helped them all. He also remembered that of the three, one of them was a drone.

And like most drones, they are complete cowards without others to pull support from. This was more of a hindering problem then a benefit, as drones would become bubbling messes without another friendly changeling to get some comfort from. But when he added Twilight and her knack for being able to reason with others, it might do the trick.

With a sudden thought, Masquerade looked to Twilight asking, “Fluttershy‘s is a quiet talker right?”

Taken back from the question but nodding, Twilight told, “Sometimes, she‘s gotten better but she‘s usually a quiet talker, why?” Unsure how to take his growing smile.

Smiling happily at this, Mask told “Twinkles, I have a plan!”


Things slowly came into focus for the changeling, as thoughts clearing up on what happened before one made it to the front of her mind, not Flick, infiltrator. She moved to get up, only to feel resistance to her limbs.

Glancing down, panic began to rise inside the changelings mind as resin covered different parts of her body, holding her fast to the ground. On an instant she began to struggle in her binds, fear driving her more then logic.

Two hooves came down on her, gently holding her still as a voice told, “It‘s alright, you don’t have to be afraid.” Snapping both eye up and what was telling her this.

A yellow pony, one with a long pink mane looking both worried and a little nervous, but gave off the feelings of being concerned stared at her while saying, “It‘s okay, your safe, nopony here is going to hurt you.”

The changeling looked about the room in a frenzy, seeing five more ponies in the room, each one giving different looks. One of them, a blue one with a rainbow mane watched her with untrusting eyes, wings slightly twitching and ready to attack. An orange one next to her had her own wary gaze, but seemed more calmer then her friend.

Then there was a white one with a curled mane, looking between uncertain and concerned. Weather this was for her sake or the yellow pony, the changeling didn’t know. Then there a pink one, giving the most curious look of the six ponies and radiated excitement and joy. The last one was next to the yellow one, with a lavender coat and indigo mane that held--

The changelings breath caught in her throat at the pony mare before her, knowing it was the same mare Flick was imitating. The one that somehow found out about changelings, and jeopardize their survival.

As if sensing her fear, the mare --Twilight the changeling recalled-- raised her hoof up from the ground, making the changeling flinch and whimper. At first, Twilight was taken back at the action, but continued what she was doing and gently placed her hoof on the changeling saying, “It‘s alright, were not here to hurt you, just like Fluttershy told you.”

There was sincerity in the ponies words, the changeling could feel it from the hoof place on her being. Looking back at the lavender mare she asked, “Y-your not?” Still dreading at the possibility of the pony lying to her.

Feeling the mare --Fluttershy-- gently run her hoof in small circles on her chitin, she heard the pegasus say, “We didn’t mean to frighten you, but we wanted to talk to you a little after being…asleep for so long.”

Before the changeling could ask, Twilight said, “Before we get to that, I would like to know your name.”

“Name?” The changeling asked, still frightened, but not as much as she could have been around the fake Flick she had been attacked by.

Smiling, the mare nodded saying, “If you can, here I‘ll start.” And placed a hoof on her chest telling, “My name is Twilight Sparkle.” Then waved a hoof around the room telling, "And these are my friends, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash."

With calmer breaths and feeling more at ease with the ponies around her, she told, “I-I’m Quip.” Trying to shift some, but unable due to the resin.

Looking at Quip a little concerned, Fluttershy asked, “Are you uncomfortable, would you like to get out of that stuff?”

Giving the pony a surprised look, Quip could only stare in mute shock at the pony even considering letting her loose. With all she and the other changelings had been taught about pony behavior, she would think them scared of her freedom. But there before her was a pony, asking if she wanted free.

With out a word, she nodded, watching as Twilight scoot closer and telling, “Please hold still.” While lighting her horn and conjuring up--

She can use changeling fire! Quips jaw seemed to drop at the impossibility of the pony before her using a fire that felt like a changelings. Granted, she could taste emotions inside the controlled pink flame, but the fire was eating up those emotions.

The resin that held Quip down was carefully melted away by the magical fire, letting the changeling drone get free and scoot away some. Now with her new found freedom, Quip could not stop her body from trembling in fear as she stared at the unicorn in a new light.

Tentatively, the one by the name of Flutershy moved towards the her, calmly telling, “I know you must be scared, but we really want to help.”

“Why?” Quip asked quickly, backing away, “Why would you, ponies don’t help us, your changelings trying to trick me, aren’t you?” Already starting to hyperventilate as she searched for another changeling of her clan.

Slowing her approach, Fluttershy shook her head telling, “We aren‘t, I promise that your going to be alright.” Holding her hoof out to the changeling while smiling softly, “None of us are going to hurt you, not even the princesses would with us asking.”

All the ponies held their breaths as they waited for the changeling to make her dissension as Fluttershy offered her hoof to her. Quip looked to them all, fear evident in her blue prism like eyes. With a gulp, she reached a shaky hole-filled hoof to the smoother and calm hoof and nodded, “I-I believe you.”