• Published 31st May 2014
  • 9,107 Views, 303 Comments

Acceptance - Riddle-Me-Think



Ponyville is seen as a quaint little town by those who live there, and for Twilight Sparkle, it has all she needs with her friends by her side. When a stranger that she is familiar with comes into town, she finds herself questioning as to what to do

  • ...
24
 303
 9,107

Trough thy Dreams

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


The Dreamscape, a world filled with mystery, intrigue and all the fantasies one would hope for in a place that only exists in the minds of those who dream. It was a place were one might be as they wish without others to judge them, or a place of refuge from day to day problems.

But for Luna, the self made protector of this realm, it was a wonderland of imagination, hope and possibilities for the future. Granted, there were the occasional pesky nightmare that called fore her intervention, but otherwise she was free to roam this place freely.

Tonight though, she was going to delve into the dreams of one Twilight Sparkle, the prodigy student to her sister and ‘pen-pal’ since last Nightmare Night.Strange terms ponies use these days, She absently thought while moving through the vast navy-blue space filled with the stars of dreamers, in our time, we would just say we were sending letters to those close to us.

Flying closely to one of these stars, Luna could clearly see it slowly form into a six-pointed star with an additional five stars with six points. Peering inside, she could see the slight reflections of what the dream held within. Gently, the princess of the night slowly moved through the glass like shell and slipped into the dream itself.

She softly landed on polished marble floors that lined the large corridors and arcing pillars. In the center were carpets of ruby shades, lined with golden trim as they lead down each hall. Large windows with stain glass were set above each entry way to the guardians to her left, letting in pleasing aromas and a crisp breeze.

Guards stood at attention at their posts, and some servants going about their daily duties of keeping the castle in top condition. All these ponies however, were not who she was looking for. Walking the halls, she searched for her targeted pony and where she might be inside this dream.

Foalish giggling and scampering were heard, making the princess stop and listen in. It got steadily louder as time past, letting Luna know that all she had to do was wait for whatever it was to come to her.

Around the corner came a small filly, joyful smile on her face and purple eyes lit with wonder. She moved her small lavender legs quickly, blowing aside some of her indigo mane with it’s pink stripe.

Luna blinked, realizing this was Twilight as a foal, and that she was indeed in Caterlot Castle. But why would she dream of now? She wondered to herself, quickly finding the answer as a colt with a coat black as night and a mane of deep-blue rushed along side her. On the colts back was a plate that had a lid, hiding its contents from those around them.

“Think we lost them?” The filly Twilight giggled, rushing past a specter Luna who watched in interest.

The colt looked back saying, “Nope!” And picked up his pace as his own green eyes seemed to scan the hall before calling, “There!” Darting for a pillar.

Following his lead, Twilight darted for the same pillar and hid behind it with the small colt. For a moment nothing happened after that, but was quickly past when one chef and a small group of cooks rushed around the corner. They charged on by without bothering to look around, going down the hall and turned down the next hall.

When they were gone, both foals giggled from their hiding place as Twilight loudly whispered, “That was scary!” Not holding back her amusement, “We could‘ve been caught!”

The colt then giggled, “But we didn’t, and they don’t know who did it!” Peeking out around the corner to look around saying, “Their gone.”

They both walked out of their hiding place with Twilight now holding the plate and asked, “What’s in here anyways?” Apparently wondering what could have been inside that would make the cooks chase them.

Tilting his head he said, “Cake?” Not sure where Twilight was going with this.

With bugged out eyes she said, “You took the Princess cake!” Looking about frantically as if the solar ruler would pop out of no where with an angry scowl.

Luna snorted to herself, amused to know her sister still had a sweet tooth, even during her banishment. What made it funnier was that her sister had told her of a time where her cake would mysteriously vanish during the day, with no culprit found.

Looking to the small colt she thought, I have apparently found my sisters cake thief. Looking the colt over with a raised brow. He didn’t look like much, being nearly the same size as filly Twilight. He was a unicorn just like she was, but has even less baby fat on himself, leaning on being underweight. So it begged the question, how did this little colt steal such highly guarded cake?

Not that I can complain, I think his thefts have done good for my sisters figure during that time.. Luna smirked to herself while she followed the now moving foals.

With a cute little smile, the colt said, “Nopony see‘s, nopony knows!” Lighting his horn and trying to take hold of the plate.

The young filly rolled her eyes and just walked on, apparently not even noticing the colts attempts to get the plate from her magical grasp, “No Masquerade, this cake is the Princess‘s, we can‘t just take it.” Making her way towards where Luna suspected the kitchen was.

“But Twinkles!” The colt whined, “Don’t you ever wonder what something like that tastes like?”

That made the filly halt and seemingly think to herself. She lifted the lid a little to take a look at what was inside, getting a whiff of the freshly made sugary delight within.

Looking about she told, “To the library!” And rushed down the halls with one colt on her heels.

Luna swiftly followed, both entertained and curious. After her sister had read the letter form her student, she had gone on to tell Luna about the small colt named Masquerade and how he was apparently shy around all ponies but Twilight. But after a while, something nagged the lunar princess about the colt. For some odd reason he looked…familiar to her.

Perhaps I knew of one of his ancestors? She thought, knowing that every now and then she would see a pony that looked like somepony she knew from a thousand years back. Her sister said it was something called genetics, a subject that made her head spin some.

Soon, the dream began to warp some, fast-forwarding to the library and allowing her to see them sitting a table with the pilfered cake, sharing with the other.

Twilight seemed to be enjoying her little bites, humming in slightly guilty satisfaction while reading a beginners spell guide. Masquerade, though taking bites, would constantly scan the area as if expecting somepony to show up.

Looking around, Luna took a seat on one of the pillows in the room and just watch the interaction of the two. With a flash, some ‘popcorn’ appeared next to her with a ‘large pop’.

Taking a few sips of the nonexistent drink, he could only shake her head again at what the present day ponies came up with. Tis not a bad thing though, Luna smiled as Masquerade hid himself a little when ever a pony would pass by, foods such as this popcorn is wonderful to snack on for a show!


Twilight’s eyes looked over the clipboard she held in her magic while she poured a beaker of liquefied changeling resin into a small glass pan. Next she took a few other chemicals and mixed small amounts in, trying to figure out the resin to much greater extent.

Like most other attempts, the liquefied resin refused to fully dissolve, showing that it could take any harsh punishment she did to it. The only thing that seemed to have worked on it was, surprisingly, her rather recently acquired Passion Fire spell. Like most things channeling related, the resin seemed to absorb emotions, only on a much smaller scale.

She surmised that the emotion powered fire spell worked because emotions were what helped hold the resin together so well. Since the fire feed off emotions, that meant that it would take the resins strength away before the fire itself, melted what was left. She looked at the small pan in thought, placing it aside for later and taking up a new beaker.

This beaker she didn’t have any fear of touching with her magic, seeing as unlike the rest of the changeling samples, didn’t feed off the emotions in her magic. Twilight eyed the contents with some apprehension, getting small flashes back to when she was trapped in the cocoon.

Inside the beaker was something Masquerade called Haze, a gas changeling produce inside their lungs before expelling it through their mouths. This sample was donated to her by her coltfriend, who had warned her to not breath any in.

Swaying the beaker from side to side, she watched the gas move about as if it was some slime-like-liquid then a viper it was identified as. From what she was able to gather, the gas was made up of chemicals that when breathed in, cause entropy or if mixed differently, excitement. Water molecules or any sort of moisture is also gathered in, making it’s liquid like effect. This is all held together by some magic to create this…gooey vapor.

She had found out rather quickly that if hit with a simple spark of unfocused magic, the field holding it together falls apart, dissipating it. In other words, when alone, it can be easy to get around. But mix this with resin that saps one of strength and also making sure a pony already had breathed a good amount in… The idea of escape were none existent, and once again reminded her of her experience with them.

She shivered at the thought, knowing that it would possibly haunt her every time she thought about it. Looking up the stairs, she thought about talking to Masquerade about it. She certainly felt better when she told her friends about her experience, but it didn’t have the same effect as she might have hopped.

Turning back to her experiments, she shook off the thought, deciding to just do what she did best and let the rest slip away. Working on figuring out how magic works was something she enjoyed doing, and letting the research just sweep her away always did wonders for her mood.

A small cough made Twilight stop in her work and turn to the stairs again, spotting Spike who said, “Somepony‘s here to see you Twilight.”

Putting down her work and giving it a look over to be sure it was safe to leave alone, the unicorn nodded and followed the dragon up the stars asking, “Who is it Spike?”

“Caramel, he said he wanted to ask you something.” Spike shrugged, opening the door that led them to the main room.

Entering in, Twilight saw the mentioned stallion standing off to the side and looking about the library with it’s vast amounts of books. In the seemingly darker corner of the room, Masquerade watched the stallion with suspicious eyes, keeping to his work but always keeping Caramel in sight.

Rising a brow at her coltfriend, but not saying anything about it, she approached Caramel saying, “Good evening Caramel, what can I help you with today?” While Spike walked off to continue sorting a few books that were returned.

Turning his attention away from the shelves of books, the tan coated stallion gave a charming smile saying, “I was making my way though town to get something to eat, and stopped by to ask if you wanted to go grab a bit with me?”

From where he stood, Spike jumped as the changeling in disguise made a low hiss, only heard by him and not the other two who were talking.

With a dismissive wave Twilight told, “Thank you for the offer, but I‘m not hungry at the moment.” And turned to head back towards her lab, “I was in the middle of some experiments, and I think I might be onto something!” Getting giddy at the thought of a new discovery she might have found.

Looking around he asked, “Well, how about tomorrow, I heard Hay Burger was going to have a half off day?” Moving next to the mare as he told this.

“That’s nice of you to offer, but I have some things already planed out for tomorrow.” She said simply, not even registering that Caramel was trying to keep her attention on him, “Fluttershy had asked me if I could help her make day planer for the next week, and I couldn’t refuse to help with it!”

Thinking quickly, Caramel asked, “Do you have any free time?”

The lavender mare stopped as it seemed to finally click in her mind, “Wait, are you asking me out?” Giving a curious glance to Caramel.

Nodding he smiled, “Yes, yes I am.” Standing slightly awkwardly, “So…would you go out with me?”

If she had not gone through so much research into the subject of dating, Twilight might have turned the stallion down for research instead. Now however, she might have accepted his offer to see what it was like. But was quickly swatted aside with Masquerade as her coltfriend.

Looking to the mentioned stallions corner, she could see him glaring at Caramel while also keeping Blades close to him, and fur slightly rising where his insect like wings would be. Looking back to Caramel she told, “Sorry, but I‘m spoken for already.” Nodding over to Masquerade that relaxed some, but still held his swords next to him.

Leaning over to get a look at the black stallion, Caramel said, “Oh, uh…” Now understanding why the pony was giving him such a suspicious look when he had asked for Twilight, “No hard feelings?”

With one last look over, Masquerade relaxed a bit more and set Blades aside saying, “None at all.” Going back to his own work, “As long as you don’t move in on my Twinkles, I‘m good.”

“Possessive.” Twilight rolled her eyes at him.

Looking up quickly the changeling in unicorn form said, “Oi, I resent that!” Feeling his lip twitch.

Rounding on the stallion she told, “What, we both know it‘s true, you almost glare at every stallion that even look at me.” Smiling on the inside as Masquerade acted insulted.

“I do not glare!” Crossing his hooves and stating, “Just transmitting through my eyes that they are not to come to close to you.” Nodding as he said this. Caramel just stood awkwardly as the two continued their bantering, completely forgetting about him.

Smiling, Twilight told, “And I don’t mind that, as long as you do it to those who actually try wooing me.” Then snapped her eyes open when Mask gave a small howl in her direction.

Seeing his grin she said, “Oh, ha-ha Mr. comedian.” Rolling her eyes at the stallion.

With his grin still in place he reminded, “Now Twilight, I‘m an actor, not a comedian.” But sat up more saying, “Though I do appreciate the praise of my humor.” Shinning his hoof on his coat as he did.

Backing up some Carmel said a bit loudly, “Well, since I‘m in the way, I‘ll just show myself out and get that lunch I was talking about.” Exiting out a bit hastily as he said this.

Masquerade smile, now completely relaxed as the stallion had ran out of the tree. With a small twinge rippling in his sense, he looked up to see a slightly annoyed Twilight who said, “We really need to work on your social skills when it comes to dealing with other stallions.”

Holding a hoof up he told, “By changeling standards, that would be seen as being restrictive of ones self.”

With a raised brow Spike asked, “Hissing and glaring daggers at somepony is considered restrictive?” Pushing a book back into it’s place on a higher shelf.

“You were hissing?” Twilight asked blankly.

With a shrug he told, “If this was a changeling clan hive, I would have floored the guy for even hitting on you.” Going back to his documents while thinking, in changeling society, I’d be technically be giving Twilight a bonding band…Eh, maybe much later.

With a sigh she admitted, “I suppose that‘s better than you attacking every pony in sight.” Shaking her head at some of the culture differences, “I‘ll be down in my lab if you need me.” And turned to go back to experimenting with her changeling test objects.

Once Twilight was out of earshot, Spike asked the heir, “You seriously would have floored Caramel over that?”

Looking up from his work Masquerade told, “Well, technically, I would have done far worse…” Tapping his swords to get the message through, “But since were in a land of peaceful ponies, I don mind playing by their rules.” Diving back into his work.

The dragon blinked at the changeling, looking from the swords to where Caramel was previously standing. Turning around and starting to get back to work he muttered, “Harsh.”


Two hours later, the door was once again knocked on, drawing the attention of one changeling who was trying to win a staring contest with an owl. He lost due to looking away at that moment.

With a pointed look, Masquerade told, “This aint over you flying feather duster.” The librarians pet only tilted his head saying, “Who?”

With a huff, the black unicorn got up and walked towards the door. Opening it wide he went to greet whom was at the door, but felt it die in his throat when he not only tasted the pony’s feelings, but also who was before him.

“Hello Masquerade.” Cloud Kicker cheerfully smiled and gave a wink, “I was passing by and thought to ask if you‘d like to go out and grab a bite?”

Masquerade took a step back, noticing a few extra things on the mare like the blue mascara or the lightly added makeup blush. She also had a blue bow tying her now braided mane to the side and exposing more of her neck.

With a unsettled smile he politely told, “Thank you, but no thanks, not hungry at the moment.” Ready to slam the door and hide in the closet as he thought, besides, I can't eat with the taste of your emotions, jeez what is that?

Apparently not one to be shaken off so easily, the pegasus made her way forward for every step the stallion took back. Fluttering her eyes she asked, “Something wrong handsome?” Continuing her advance on the retreating stallion, “I‘m not making you nervous, am I?”

“Nervous, no not in the least!” He grind uneasily while altering his retreating course, “Perhaps unsettled might be the term to use…” And lit his magic to grasp the door just outside of his sight.

Cloud Kicker’s eyes darted from his lit horn to his eyes and finally the door that was being effected. Quickly, she gave a light tap to his horn, making all his focus break, sending him tripping and falling to his rear-end. With a smile she asked, “Are you playing hard to get?”

Masquerade’s eyes seemed to only grow in size in his predicament and going through what he could do. Don’t panic, you’re a master at cloak and dagger techniques, just use your knowledge to escape this.

The only problem was that his normal silver tongued tricks didn’t work, and his disappearing acts only worked when ponies took their eyes off him. I could cast an illusion on her? The idea appealed to him, but who knows what Twilight might say about using magic on others like that.

The door Masquerade was trying to reach chose that time to open up and let in one Twilight Sparkle, complete with clipboard and some notes. She scribbled away at the clipboard, muttering to herself about how adding sugar made such an interesting reaction.

She found herself running into something, making her take a step back to see what was in her way. Looking up she found Masquerade, sitting and looking very relived. This confused her, until she looked past him to find a slightly annoyed pegasus, who quickly covered up her displeasure.

“Hello Cloud Kicker.” Twilight greeted somewhat slowly while trying to figure what was going on, “Is there something I can help you with?” Quickly looking to her stallion that was trying to scoot away.

Noticing where Twilight looked, Cloud Kicker looked to the retreating male and simply put her hoof down on his short tail, stopping him form possibly getting away. With a polite smile she told, “I was just asking this gentlecolt if he would like to accompany me to get something to eat.”

Now with her own look of slight annoyance Twilight told, “You do know Masquerade and I are dating, correct?” Keeping her voice level and civil.

This new bit of information gave the pegasus pause, and ask, “I thought he was still single?” Slowly feeling the strain of trying to hold the stallion in place by his tail. He apparently didn’t mind the slight pain and found escape worth it.

“He was,” Twilight nodded, “But he and I talked after you left that one day and got together.” She smiled to more to herself and feeling a strange satisfaction at seeing the other mare’s utter shock. Just to drive the point through Twilight added, “From there, we have been going steady for about a week now, right Mask?”

With fast nod the stallion told, “Yep, sure have!” Still trying to pull his tail away, “Just a couple of peas in a pod both of us!”

“I-I see.” Cloud Kicker seemed to force out nicely while letting go of the stallions tail. Turning around to leave she told, “Congratulations then, I‘ll just leave you two and be on my way.” And cast one last look towards Masquerade before heading for the door.

The changeling wasn’t fooled by the mare’s act. He could feel her seething anger from within for being interrupted. He took a moment to think wondering, was that really planed out?

Going back two hours in his mind he thought about how Caramel had asked Twilight out. Now, Cloud Kicker shows up with touched up looks and nearly says the same lines on the same day-- No way that is coincidence, I don’t believe in them.

Twilight watched rather warily as the grey mare made her way out, swaying her hips while glancing back. Looking to Masquerade, she was happy to see a look of horror crossed his features and seemed ready to bolt. Cloud Kicker smirked and gave one last wink to the dark unicorn before leaving out the door.

“Spider spite.” Masquerade sighed to himself, “I don’t think that‘s the last we‘ll see of her.”

Giving her coltfriend a glance, Twilight asked, “What makes you say that?” Wondering what he seemed so worried about.

Gesturing to the door he told, “She came here looking all prepped up for a date.” Then poked Twilight saying, “And hours after that guy--”

“Caramel.” Twilight reminded Masquerade, deciding to let the slight hiss he made go, when mentioning the stallion.

“--Caramel had asked you for one too.” Still looking a little aggravated at the idea, but not pressing any further on the matter.

With a risen brow she asked, “Your saying it was a set up?” Not thinking the pegasus mare would be so shallow as to think of something like that.

Shrugging, the disguised heir told her, “All is fair in love and war.”

“Another changeling saying I take it?” Twilight asked a little intrigued.

Giving a nod he smiled, “Yes, an old one at that.” Turning to her with some excitement, coming to enjoy telling the mare about his culture at time, “Started about a few hundred years back, when warring was still the big thing--”


Silence seemed to be only thing that was existent in her surroundings before two dark-blue wings of the night snapped open and propelled her forth. Once again in the vastness of the dreamscape, Luna scoured the star filled world for Twilight's dreams once more. She had been keeping an eye on the mare’s dreams, finding them entertaining for each night.

She considered stopping by Spite Fire’s dream, but chose not to this time. Granted, she enjoyed some of the things the mare dreamt of, the lunar monarch thought something more innocent was called for.

While in her prowl, Luna felt the cold sharp touch of a disturbance, one she always felt was more like a bug-bite. Twisting in the starry world of dreams, Luna made haste for what she knew was a nightmare. They didn’t occur nearly as much as they use to in her time, but when they did they always put a damper on her mood.

Getting closer, she could see the origin on the nightmare, feeling surprised when she spotted it to be Twilight’s dream. Already close, she could see large amounts of green being reflected through the glass like exterior, feeling her hairs rise on her back. The eerie green glow from the nightmare sent a familiar chill up the alicorns spine, one she shook off while entering the dream-turned-nightmare.

Landing inside, Luna found herself in a earth like room, filled with various lab equipment and tomes for references. But the room itself was dark, very dark, nearly having no lighting.

“Mask!” Twilight's voice called out, “Mask, please came out, this isn’t funny!”

Looking back, Luna spotted a panicked Twilight looking about, green smog slowly creeping it’s way along the ground she stood on. The unicorn looked about frantically, searching for the stallion as she did.

“Rarity, Pinkie Pie?” She called again, turning around as a shadow rushed by, “Rainbow Dash, Applejack?” She moved about, trying to spot who she was being stalked by.

Turing around quickly, Twilight let off a breath of relief at seeing a white unicorn foal saying, “Sweetie Belle, you got me worked up there…”

Scuffing her hoof on the ground she said, “Sorry miss Twilight, I was just curious at what you did down here.”

Smiling, Twilight turned around saying, “Well, all you had to do was ask me, no need to run down here.” Shaking her head for being so scared.

A flash of green lit behind her, and by the time Twilight turned around, a bolt a green magic struck her. The lavender mare fell to the ground, unmoving and now looked rightly panicked. Above her, a bug like pony stood above her, grinning wide with it’s fangs fully bared.

Luna felt her own eyes widen, reflexively opening both wings and looking on in shock, no, sister said they were extinct. She told herself while the changeling began to slowly bound Twilight in a green resin that formed into a cocoon. We routed them out, they were all eradicated! She watched with mute horror as the mare was slowly lifted to the ceiling in her prison, struggling about inside and trying to scream for help.

Feeling that enough was enough, the protector of dreams lit her horn, ready to stop this nightmare and find out how Twilight had found out about such horrors. But any attempt to was stopped when the dream was shaken, and a muted voice bled in.

With a quick start, Luna realized that somepony was trying to wake the mare, meaning she would not get the answers she seeked, I must act swiftly before the fool wakes her!

Her attempts however kept being interrupted, as the fabricated world began to shake and crack all around her like glass, as Twilight Sparkle began to wake up and--

“NO!” Luna yelled, eyes snapping open as her focus on the dream realm was shattered before she could do anything. Both doors to her chambers were kicked in roughly as two of her night guard rushed in searching for any threats.

The first guard on her right called, “Are you alright princess, we heard you scream?” Both his leathery wings twitching as his yellow cat-eyes scanned the room they were in.

Taking a moment to breath and relax herself, Luna raised off from the cushions she was using to lay on during her traveling in the dream realm saying, “I am fine, but I must speak to my sister post haste.” Not waiting for either guard as she made her way out.

Quickly to move, both guards stationed themselves to either side of the lunar princess, the other guard saying, “Not to say otherwise your highness, but your sister is just starting to sleep--”

“We are aware of this Night Shift.” Luna nodded, “But I may have come up with a matter that need immediate attention.” Heading to the most closest balcony.

The guards didn’t question as to why the princess went to the balcony, already knowing she was going to fly to her sisters tower opposed to walking. They too, opened their wings when she did, taking flight to reach the other balcony. Quickly landing on the other side, they made their way out some stairs before coming a crossed two solar guards.

“I have come to see my sister, do not disturb us.” Luna ordered, bypassing the two white guards in golden armor without sparing a glance. She quickly entered Celestia’s room, closing the door just as swiftly and making a slight slam. This seemed to be enough to rouse her sister, making her rise quickly and see Luna looking less then happy.

Shaking her head some, the solar princess took a look at her internal clock, knowing what time it was saying, “Luna, it is late, why do you barge in so loudly?” Moving some to get comfortable and maybe go back to sleep if it wasn’t important.

Stomping her hoof, Luna raised her voice saying, “The changelings are back.” This alone made Celestia quickly rise back up from her covers and sending a surprised look to her sister.

“What do you mean, they are gone, dust in the sands of time!” The white alicorn told, “What could have made you say otherwise?” Getting out of bed to carry the conversation out more formerly.

Walking up to her sister, Luna said, “I saw them in a pony‘s nightmare, one that belonged to your student, Twilight Sparkle.”

With new found worry, the elder sister asked, “My student, is she alright, did you find out how she knows?” Feeling more confused then before when hearing this piece of information.

“I do not know.” Luna shook her head, “Somepony woke her before I could intervene myself…”

Nodding to herself, Celestia told, “It must have been Spike, her dragon assistant.” Seeing the logic in that. But she still shook her head again saying, “But how would Twilight know about them?” And began to pace some, “I have never told her about them, and our little ponies have forgotten about them over time.”

The mare of the night watched her sister pace about her room, going over her thoughts as to how her student knew anything. Putting herself in Celestia’s path to halt her, Luna said, “Sister, that is not what concerns me the most.”

Stopping in her tracks at her sister being in the way, Celestia nodded her head saying, “You‘re right, we should send for Twilight soon and know how she knows of this threat--”

“Twilight‘s nightmare was of her being imprisoned by a changeling.” Anything her sister was bout to say just screeched to a halt with those words, “Which only means that she has been near or subject to such.”

Celestia just stood in place, going over a number of thoughts before saying, “Why would she not tell me of this?” Letting her eyes wander towards the large window in her room.

Feeling a hoof on her shoulder, the elder sister looked to Luna who told, “You and I both know changelings are capable of much.” Ruffing her wings saying, “It is possible Twilight Sparkle is under the influence of one, and does not realize it.”


Twilight woke with a start, gasping for air and flailing her forelegs before her in sudden panic while a voice called out, “Whoa, Twilight, calm down!” And held her more firmly to the bed, “Your alright, it‘s just a dream!”

Calming down from her sudden rush, Twilight looked about her dark room in confusion. She no longer was in her lab, and the changeling that had captured her was gone. Instead, she was in her bed drenched in sweat with Masquerade over her and holding her down with concern in his eyes. Over the edge, Spike looked at her with an equal amount of concern, looking unsure what to do as to what was happening.

“You alright Twinkles?” Masquerade tried to sound a little joking, letting her know he was unnerved, “You had quiet the nightmare just now.” Rubbing her shoulder in a relaxing manner.

Taking deep breaths to calm herself, Twilight nodded, “Y-yes, just a dream about…what happened in my lab…” Feeling the stallion grip her shoulder a little tighter.

Looking to Spike, then back to his fillyfriend, Mask told, “We‘re here Twilight.” Pulling at her shoulder to persuade her to sit up some. Complying, he gave a gentile hug telling, “Both Spike and me are here, if you need to talk about it, we‘re here.”

Jumping up onto the bed and joining the hug beside the two, Sipke tried to hold Twilight close. Both males found that Twilight decided to do that for them both, using her limbs to pull both of them close and let out a small whimper.

Masquerade just held more tightly, still feeling that he should have done something more to prep the mare about changeling attacks. But that was the past, I can only prep her for the future now. Then ran a hoof through her mane, much like how his mother would do to him when he was scared.

“I‘ll be here for you Twilight.” He whispered in her ear, “Cross my heart, hope to die.” Letting the mare pull away some to look at him as he continued, “Stick a needle, in my eye.” And lightly bopped Twilights nose, grinning, “A changeling promise, from me to you.”