• Published 20th May 2013
  • 2,369 Views, 242 Comments

Dragoon Wars; Seven Lords Rising - Crystalis McCloud



When the magic of ancient dragons is unleashed, Spike is put through a shocking transformation. As more dragons awaken to the power, trouble looms on the horizon. He and Princess Twilight must fight to protect their friends, and all of Equestria

  • ...
8
 242
 2,369

Prologue: A Seal Broken *Edited*

"This is the place?"

"It certainly is. The resting place of magic so dangerous even the Elements of Harmony alone could not stand against their might. Oh what delightful chaos it will unleash upon the world. It gives me chills just thinking about it."

"Just work on breaking the seal, Discord. I don't want to rely on your assistance any more than I have to."

"Boo. Little Miss Changeling Queen is quite a sour puss, isn't she, Sombra?"

"..."

"Right, you aren't the talkative type. None of you are any fun! Loosen up a little!"

"We are not here for fun, Discord. You promised us a magic that surpasses the Elements. Lord Tirek will be quite displeased if you don't deliver on your claims."

"I'm working on it, Grogar. Seriously, who shoved Parasprites up all of your-"

"Enough of your insufferable banter!"

"Alright, alright, Mister Grumpy-Crystals. My lips are sealed."

"..."

"Finally it is open! The sooner the Draconequus leaves, the-Gah! What is this blinding light?!"

"Too damn bright, but the magic in the air is incredible!"

"These, dear Chrysalis, Sombra, are the lights of eight powerful magical souls, bound to the very forces that make up our world."

"Souls? You said nothing about this!"

"Wait! Where are they going? Discord! What is happening?"

"Oh, did I forget to mention? Silly me, it must have slipped my mind. You see, the original vessels of these magical souls were destroyed eons ago when their power was sealed away. Now that they are free, they shall scatter around the world, seeking new vessels to inhabit."

"This is not what you promised, Discord!"

"On the contrary, Grogar: I promised to unseal a power that you could use to defeat the Elements of Harmony, and any magic of comparable power; I never guaranteed that you would be able to use them."

"What do you mean?! What kind of vessels are they going to take? How do we get the power?!"

"Oh no no no, that would spoil the surprise, wouldn't it? All I will tell you is this: Seek the vessels as fast as you can, and tame their power whilst the seeds of war spread. Should you bring the power of all eight under hearts filled with malice, then the conquest you seek shall be realized with ease. However, should they find their way to those of righteous heart, then the fate that awaits you will not be so kind. No banishing, imprisoning or seals. The battle for the spirits is one to the death."

"You-"

"I bid you all farewell! I hope you all stir up plenty of chaos!"

"Discord!

Author's Note:

I had a lot of fun with this prologue. Got it hammered out in only an hour, but it was very easy since it's only dialogue. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.