• Published 25th May 2013
  • 1,647 Views, 75 Comments

Dragon Quest VIII; The Adventure of Eight - Roarin Thunder



After supposedly defeating Rhapthorne The Lord of Darkness, our hero, Eight has been taken away to a new world. With a whole new world to explore and a possible threat looming on the air, how will Eight take this new quest?

  • ...
18
 75
 1,647

What happens in Los Pegasus stays in Los Pegasus

~Somewhere in a Dark Forest~

“I made it, just barely...” Rhapthorne had taken the form of a spirit to avoid detection, but his power had been drained from his inter dimensional trip.

“I managed to escape from certain death, but I'm nowhere near finished! I must find a suitable body so that I can continue on...” Rhapthorne knew if he stayed in this spiritual form that he may decompose forever.

He had avoided decomposition since he had been trapped in a staff for more than a millennium, but without the staff, or his full strength there is no way to keep himself from dying.

Rhapthorne moved forward through the dark woods 'I will take a predator, nothing short of the best creature will make this worth it.' Rhapthorne thought to himself as he phased through tree after tree.

Rhapthorne continued until he heard a rustling in the bushes. He turned and found himself face to face with a wolf like creature made out of sticks 'A wolf made out of wood? Seems like a waste of creativity, but I won't question a free body!'

The wolf in front jumped at the spirit and went right through Rhapthorne “Rerrr?” it questioned as it was attacked by Rhapthorne.

Rhapthorne sunk it the beast's brain 'Yes! Give me your mind, your body!' the wolf he was taking over was kicking around the dirt in the area and trying to fight the influence in it's mind. All the while, it failed to stop Rhapthorne as the depths of it's mind became all of Rhapthorne.

The wolf stopped thrashing around and laid silently upon the ground. The other wolfs made their way over and sniffed their leaders body.

Then they moved back as the body twitched to life again. The wolf's eyes had become a dark black. It then howled into the sky as the other wolfs joined in.

'This new world shall be MINE!'

~Canterlot Castle~

Eight walked along the corridor as he followed Celestia and Luna. They had made idle conversation about their days and what Luna had planned for the night. Shining Armor had sent away the other two guards that had been with them up until the point where Eight used magic.

Eight looked around as they walked down the corridor. He noticed stained glass depicting Celestia and Luna going around a weird thing in the middle of them 'It looks like a dragon with all this messed up stuff hanging on it's body...' Eight thought to himself as the walk continued.

He saw several more stained glass windows where it depicted six colorful ponies surrounding an obviously evil black pony 'Did that pony get maimed by those six other ones? I wonder why they would have a picture like that made...'

Another stained glass window revealed those same ponies around the weird dragon mix up creature 'Did they maim him too? I better be careful! It seems like she has a special force of ponies that kill things!' he continued despite that thought in the back of his head.

Shining Armor saw the slight change in Eight's walking pattern 'Something is getting to him it seems, but what?' was all Shining could think as they continued.

Then they passed by the latest stained glass window. Eight looked at it and noticed the same six ponies, a baby dragon in the center with a crystal heart and an obviously black and red evil entity being smashed to pieces 'Oh man.... I need to watch my back...' Eight thought as he continued onward despite his nervousness.

Eight knew a lot of physical techniques without a weapon like Multifist and the like. Though he had no idea what he would do in a situation where he has to fight creatures that could use magic more than he could and not get as tired as he does 'Keep walking, don't let them notice any difference!' Eight steeled himself as he finally began to walk once more like he was in the beginning.

“Is there something wrong Eight?” Celestia asked him as he looked up at her with a smile.

“Actually, I have a question.” Eight said to Celestia.

She smiled and said “What's on your mind?” she asked Eight.

Eight considered what his question should be. He didn't want to be dishonest and ask a different question, but he was really curious about those windows and what the ponies inside were actually doing “It's about those stained glass windows we just passed by, Who are those six ponies and who were those enemies they were fighting?” Eight asked Celestia.

Celestia stopped walking which prompted everyone else to stop as well “Those six ponies are some of the bravest ponies of this generation, the first window depicts my sister Luna being possessed by an evil nightmarish spirit, the second window depicts a creature whose name is Discord that they defeated a while back.”

“What about the last window?” Eight asked her.

“That last one depicts my Most Faithful Student giving up the chance to save the empire in order to learn that she doesn't have to do everything by herself, my student is a Unicorn, not dragon just in case you asked.” Celestia told Eight as they all started walking again.

“Wow, I thought they were something completely different!” Eight said with a small laugh.

“What were you thinking?” Celestia asked Eight.

“I thought they were a special force sent out to kill evil entities, or enemies in general...” Eight said to which Celestia laughed.

“You're really thinking outside the box, I think we're going to like you!” Celestia said as they finally made it towards their destination.

~Weapons Room Inside the Castle~

“Welcome to the Canterlot Castle Weapon Room!” Celestia exclaimed as several members of the Royal Guard saluted to their beloved Commander Celestia and Captain Shining Armor.

“We have two Royal Gaurdspony's cleaning your weapons and I must say, Your collection of weaponry is quite amazing since I looked at everyone of them, I even saw items that have me completely confounded as to how they work. You must be quite the warrior, Eight.” Celestia commended Eight as he blushed a bit.

“It takes a while to find all that stuff it takes to make the weapons, but it was worth it!” Eight finished with pride.

“Well, we've cleaned the sword you were found with and the other weapons you kept in the bag. I was surprised at how much stuff fit inside that bag, was there an enchantment on it?” she asked Eight.

“I think that it was enchanted by the magicians back in Trodain, I was given that bag when I became a Captain. King Trode told me that I would need it eventually and he was right! I found so many things on my journey with all my friends that we would never have been able to carry it on our own.” Eight said to Celestia.

“King Trode? Captain of the Guard? Wow, never thought I would meet another Captain... How did you make it to the top?” Shining asked in curiosity.

“King Trode said that he had found me as a child, he took me in and brought me up from when I was young. I was taught to fight by the last Captain and I learned many things from him. I was pretty good at my job until Dhoulmagus came around and stole the ancient staff that we kept under guard for so many years... But that's just another long story...” Eight trailed off as he finally got a look at his polished Dragovian Sword.

“Wow! Your guards are really good at what they do in here! It hasn't looked as good as it has since I first got it in the Dragovian Trials.” Eight said as he pulled the sword out of it's sheath and swung it.

“Dragovian Trials? What's sort of trial is that?” Celestia asked Eight.

“It's a trial where you face the The Lord of the Dragovians in his dragon forms, He's extremely powerful in each form, But I managed to defeat them one by one with the help of my friends and I got this sword that I used to fight in the final battle!” Eight said as he sheathed the blade.

“How many dragons do you have to fight?” Shining Armor asked Eight.

“Only seven dragons in a row without healing or anything.” Eight said to Shining who's mouth dropped.

“Seven full grown dragons?! Without healing?! You'd have to be insane to try something like that!” Shining exclaimed to which Eight smiled.

“I also had my friends that I could count on to have my back. The fours of us altogether can defeat anything!” Eight said confidently as he strapped the Dragovian Sword to his side. Eight also dug through the bag and picked out the Metal King Shield and strapped it to his back.

“That should be all I need!” Eight said as he picked up the bag and put it on his shoulder.

“We think that you are leaving yourself very unprotected! We found a very nice set of armor in the bag that was red and black, maybe you should wear that too!” Luna said to Eight who shook his head.

“That's Dragovian Armor and I don't nee to much armor on, it might get in the way for me! I can't cast spells like I used to. I'll get to tired if I wear armor, so I'll take my chances with the outfit I have now.” Eight said to Luna.

“Perfect! You seem confident in your abilities, so we won't hold you back! There is one thing that I want you to do Captain Shining Armor!” Celestia said to Shining.

Shining turned her way and saluted as he waited for his orders 'She doesn't use titles unless she means business, I wonder what she wants...' he wouldn't wonder very long.

“I want you to accompany Eight to Los Pegasus, I have taken the liberty of having a chariot pulled to the front of the castle just for you both! Shining, I have already found a replacement for you while your gone.” Celestia said to Shining.

“Yes Commander!” Shining Armor saluted Celestia and she nodded to him.

“I leave this in your capable hands and hoofs, don't let my trust be meritless.” Celestia said as she left them in the Weapons Room, Luna followed suit leaving Shining Armor and Eight alongside a bunch of Royal Guardsponies.

Eight looked around and said “Hey Shining, can you show me some of the weapons before we leave? I want to know how far ponies are compared to everyone back on my world.” Eight finished as Shining nodded.

“I suppose a quick look around won't hurt, besides I'll have to talk to Cadance after we're done here anyway.” Shining said to Eight who had a big smile on his face.

“Alright! This weapon over here looks different...” Eight trailed off as he looked at what appeared to be a sword with a serrated edge on one side and smooth blade on the other side.

“That's pretty cool, I'm sure you lop off the heads of enemies with this blade!” Eight said as he picked it up and moved it through the air.

“That's a multiple edge sword and yes, I know the name could use some work. You can infuse magic into it and the blade already has magic to keep it from breaking or dulling!” Shining said as Eight set down the blade.

“I would probably cut through that with my Dragovian Sword really easily.” Eight stated to Shining.

“There's no possible way that you could do that! This blade is perfect!” Shining said as he looked over the blade that sat on the table.

“I doubt it. I think you should test it against me Shining. We can do a sparring match when we get back!” Eight said in excitement.

Shining looked at the blade on the table and then back at Eight “I haven't done much sparring since the Changeling Attack, I guess we can do that when we get back.” Shining said with a grin.

“Great! I can't wait to see what a pony can do with a sword!” Eight said to Shining.

Shining smiled and nodded “I think it will be interesting.” Shining then looked over to the door.

“Let's get outside the castle, I need to talk to Cadance and my replacement before we leave!” Shining said as he began walking out the door.

“Alright!” Eight said as he followed Shining out the door.

~Celestia's Bedroom~

Celestia had just walked into her room. She took off her regalia and then proceeded to her bed. With fervor she jumped onto the cushion paradise. She sat there for a while and then said “Come on out Luna.” it was more of a greeting than a command.

Luna stepped out of one of the shadowy areas of her sisters room with a surprised look on her face “How did thy know of our position?” Luna asked her sister.

“I know you Luna, it's not to hard to figure out when another presence is in my room. Also, you breath loudly.” Celestia said as she turned over on her bed to stare at her sister.

“Hmmm.... Thou thinks that we breath to loudly? We must work on our skills in the shadows of our own night, but that's not what we are here about!” Luna said to her sister.

“And what are you here about?” Celestia asked her sister.

“We are here about Eight.” Luna said to her sister.

“What do you want to know about Eight, Sister?” Celestia asked her sister once more.

“We have heard that thou has sent him on a mission of utmost importance!” Luna said to her sister.

“Yes, I have sent him on a mission Sister. I want him to prove himself and he took the mission with confidence!” Celestia said to her sister.

“Well, We wish you to allow us to watch Eight and Shining Armor on their mission so that we may access his abilities.” Luna said to her sister.

“Of course you can, just don't get caught by them. I wouldn't want them to think we could have taken care of the problem as easily as they would.” Celestia said to her sister as she shifted on the bed once again.

“Thank-you Tia! We are off!” With that, Luna disappeared in a flash of blue light.

Celestia sighed and turned over again 'Now maybe I can get a little nap...' Is what Celestia thought until a knocking was heard at her door.

“I'm coming!”

~In front of the castle~

Cadance, or who Eight assumed was Cadance, stood outside waiting for Shining Armor and another pony stood beside her.

Shining Armor went to Cadance and nuzzled her “Hey Cadance, There's someone you should meet!” Shining said as Cadance looked around him.

“Is that the “someone” I should meet?” Cadance asked him while returning his loving gesture.

“Yes. His name is Eight and he's going with me to Los Pegasus to stop whatever is causing issues in the area.” Shining said as Cadance walked past him.

“It's nice to meet you Eight, I'm Princess Cadance, but you can call me Cadance.” she said to Eight while holding out her hoof.

Eight looked at her horns and wings 'Another Princess? I wonder how many of these exist in this world? I'm sure to find out eventually... Oh! She's holding out her hoof! Greeting for a Princess....' Eight put his hand out and took hold of her hoof, then he leaned down and kissed it.

Cadance blushed a little 'Such a gentle.... errrr man, I think....' she thought as Eight got back up and put her hoof down.

Eight looked over at Shining Armor who seemed mad at his gesture 'Angelo said that you should always treat a Princess, or any woman like that! Shining seems a little mad...' Eight thought to himself as Cadance made her way back to Shining Armor.

“He seems nice!” Cadance said to Shining who seemed to be shooting a bit of steam through his ears.

“Yeah, he sure is....” Shining said with a warning glare at Eight.

Eight smiled obliviously as he pretended to look at the castle. Shining turned back to Cadance and said “I'll miss you when we go.”

Cadance smiled and said “You'll be back before you know it and I'll be waiting for a special night.” Cadance said as she gave him a half lidded stare that made his face burn.

“Yeah, I'll make sure it's special....” was all Shining could say as Cadance kissed him on his lips and then drew back.

“I'll see you soon.” Cadance said as she walked towards the castle with a shake of her tail. Shining looked at her until finally she disappeared inside, then he turned to the Guard that had been standing at attention the whole time.

“At ease, Soldier.” Shining said with practiced ease.

“Yes Sir!” the Guard then waited on his superior to begin explaining his mission.

“I expect that you take care of the guard while I'm away! As the Temporary Guard Captain, you must be ready to fight at moments notice! I expect you to make sure that citizens uphold the law in Canterlot and for you to guard the Princess's without regard for your own life! Can I be assured that you can do all of this?!” Shining exclaimed to the Temporary Guard Captain.

“Shining Armor, You can rest assured that the guard will be taken care of until your return!” said the new Temporary Guard Captain.

“Then I trust the Guard to you, Burst Blade until my return!” Shining Armor turned to the rest of the Guard standing in front of the castle “I expect all of you to remain vigilant until my return! Until then! Fall Out!” The Royal Guardsponies left the area as told and Shining got on the chariot with Eight.

“So, how long until we get to Los Pegasus?” Eight asked Shining.

“I would estimate our arrival there will be in four and a half hours.” Shining told him as the Pegasus Guards pulled out and began flapping their wings.

The Chariot picked up and left the ground and soon they were clear over the Canterlot skyline. Eight looked down as the buildings passed by “Woah! It's like being on Empyrea's back all over again!”

“What is an Empyrea?” Shining asked Eight.

“Empyrea isn't a thing, she's a big bird! A God Bird! She allowed us to ride on her back in the final battle against Rhapthorne! The view was amazing from how high she flew!” Eight said as they finally left Canterlot.

“Sounds pretty epic, since we've got some time, why don't you tell me about that?” Shining asked Eight.

Eight cleared his throat “Well, this is what happened....”

~Four and a half hours later in Los Pegasus~

“And that's the story of how we defeated Rhapthorne, Then I ended up here...” Eight said as the chariot went in for a landing.

Shining sat there with his eyes wide open “That battle was awe inspiring! Then you went down in a blaze of glory just like that! I can't wait to see you fight! Do you have anymore stories?!” Shining asked while acting like a little kid fascinated by the tales of an adventuring hero.

“I have plenty of stories, but it seems like we're already here... I think...” Eight said as the pegasi in the front of the chariot spoke.

“We've arrived at Los Pegasus!” said the first pegasus in the front.

Shining looked down as the chariot finally came to a stop “Eight, we need to proceed cautiously. The mission states that two dragons had taken over a portion of this city. They shouldn't be to far from us, so keep up your guard Eight!” Shining said quickly.

“Alright! Let's get going!” Eight said as he ran ahead of Shining.

“Hey! We need to stick together!” Shining exclaimed as he began running forward to keep up with Eight.

Eight rounded a corner and stopped 'Well, now what?' Eight had only went around a single corner and he already felt lost.

Shining ran around the corner and stopped when he found Eight “If you don't know this city, you'll get lost! Come on Eight! Today is not the time for all... of... this... Did we already find the problem?” Shining asked Eight.

Eight nodded as they both looked upon two dragons sitting atop a building. They heard screams and lot's of the word “SHUT UP!” being thrown around on top of the building.

Eight and Shining looked at each other, then nodded and began to run towards the building.

~On Top of the Building~

The first dragon looked at the five ponies as they huddled together in fear of the dragons on the building with them “You ponies always think you're better than all the other races because you're so peaceful! HA! You ponies are weak! The only reason you're all alive is because I have decided to allow it until Celestia takes us seriously!” the first Dragon roared at the ponies.

The first dragon is green with sideways slit eyes, a crest on his head, a sail that goes along his back, and a leaf-shaped flap at the end of his tail.

“Gorbash, you're going about this all wrong. I think you should sit back and just let me eat them. It will make it much easier to gain Celestia's attention that way.” said the second Dragon to Gorbash.

This second dragon is a Frost Dragon. He has a light gray color with darker gray patterning. He is adorned with massive protruding black spikes from the back of his neck down to his tail. His tail looks like a giant spade at the end.

“Glaurung, that's a bad idea! We'll need them as bargaining chips!” Gorbash exclaimed to Glaurung.

“What about just killing one? That would make everything much easier and our waiting time would cut in half.” Glaurung retorted back to Gorbash.

“There's no need for that, I'm sure we'll get what we need soon enough!” Gorbash said to Glaurung.

Glaurung grinned and said “I think you're scared of Celestia! After all, nobody should kill her precious little ponies.” He finished with a laugh.

Gorbash fumed in anger “I'm not scared of some pony princess! I'll prove it!” he turned to the five cowering ponies with a sinister grin “I want to play a ga-”

“Why have you got to say it like that?” Glaurung asked.

“Never mind, I was going for a more sinister approach, but I'll say the rest anyway.” Gorbash looked at the 5 ponies “There are five of you, but I want you all to pick only one of you to die for each hour that passes by. Choose wisely, starting now!” Gorbash said as the ponies returned to screaming for help.

“They're not playing the game right, they're just screaming...” Glaurung said to Gorbash.

“I know that! Forget the game! We'll just have to take more hostages later, but these ponies have thoroughly annoyed me long enough!” Gorbash exclaimed in anger.

Gorbash summoned heat from his stomach and it traveled up his neck and then burst out his mouth. The fire quickly covered the five ponies and soon covered the rest of the part of the building they had been on.

“Gorbash! Don't cook them to much, I like ponies with a bit of blood still flowing through their veins!” Glaurung exclaimed to Gorbash.

Gorbash nodded and stopped the flames. Smoke had gathered quickly, but Gorbash flapped is wings and soon the smoked was gone to reveal five still very much alive ponies under a purple shield of magical energy.

“A shield? A shield?! Who would dare protect these ponies?!” Gorbash roared in anger.

“We're the ones you're looking for!” Shining said as he and Eight stepped onto the roof from the stairs that ran up the side of the building.

Glaurung looked at them “One pony and a.... Whatever that is!? Stop playing hero and get in the spot with the hostages, we wouldn't want to break you both in half!” he finished with a chuckle.

Shining was about to say something, but Eight had walked passed him “If you don't let go of these ponies, We're going to be the ones to break you.” Eight didn't say it with anger nor confidence. He was completely serious despite the knowledge of his magic being nearly impossible to cast without weakening himself.

“That's rich! What do you expect to do to full grown dragons?! Gorbash exclaimed to the two small heroes.

Shining had begun to burn runes into the roof of the building as he prepared for a larger magic spell 'We're going to need some serious fire power if we have any chance of defeating these dragons, I just hope Eight can keep them distracted while I finish up the transmutation circles.' Shining continued to draw out the glyphs as Eight drew his blade.

“What I'm going to do is make you pay!” Eight then pulled his Metal Kind Shield off his back and continued “In anyway I possibly can!” he finished with a smile.

Gorbash chuckled “I'll let Glaurung handle you while I deal with th-” he was interrupted by Eight who had charged and slashed at his leg.

Gorbash roared in pain as blood sprayed from the wound on his leg. Eight came back around and swung at the other leg, but Gorbash didn't give him the chance as his tail swung toward Eight.

Eight ducked and rolled under the tail and swung upwards with his sword cutting through Gorbash's tail flap near the end of it. Gorbash roared in pain once again “Damn you!” Blood sprayed from his tail as the other part of his fan like tail hit the top of the building.

Eight moved into a defensive post with his shield in front of him and his sword to at his side 'If this keeps up, I won't have to try very hard, or use spells at all! I love it when everything works out!' Eight thought to himself as Gorbash seemed to be using some type of spell on his tail.

The blood stopped spraying from it, but he didn't grow anything back. Gorbash looked down at Eight “You've made me quite angry! I'm going to break you in half and eat you!” Gorbash finished with anger.

“I'd like to see you try!” Eight exclaimed back as he ran toward Gorbash.

Glaurung moved in front of Gorbash “Take my Frost Breath!” Glaring summoned an Icy Breath that blasted towards Eight who held his shield against it.

Eight's shield collected the ice upon it until it seemed to point outwards like a spear from the shield 'I can use the icy spear as an attack!” Eight thought as he ran forwards with his shield pointing outwards.

Glaurung saw the icy spear and dodged it just barely “You miss- AGHHHH!” Glaurung roared in pain as instead of the icy spear he felt a blade lodge itself into his right leg.

'So far, so good! Just have to stay on my toes!' Eight thought as he pointed the shield back to Glaurung who was on his left knee while holding his right leg in pain.

Eight ran at Glaurung once again only to see Gorbash come up beside him and fire spewing out his mouth 'Oh no!' Eight thought as he pointed the ice covered shield towards Gorbash's attack. The ice on shield took the brunt of the fire away from Eight and melted itself into water.

Glaurung had healed his leg by that time and saw the water underneath Eight's feet 'Gotcha!' he thought as he spewed out ice breath all on the floor where Eight stood.

Eight looked at Glaurung “This time you missed!” Glaurung gave him a toothy grin.

Eight began to move, or at least he tried to when he noticed that his boots had been frozen to the ground 'Darn it! Not now!' Eight thought as he began to struggle against the ice.

“Looks like this hero can't walk on thin ice hehehehehehe... hehe?” Glaurung looked at Gorbash and asked “What?”

“That was horrible! Just attack him! No stupid puns!” Gorbash said as he looked back at Eight.

“Whatever... You're no fun...” Glaurung trailed off as he looked at the hero as well.

Shining saw what was happening 'Eights already caught?! I guess it's time to activate the first transmutation circle!' Shining reared back and then stamped both of his hoofs on the circle which then glowed a bright blue and electricity shot out as the building around the dragons began grow spikes at alarmingly fast rate.

“Glaurung fly!” Gorbash roared as he took off.

Glaurung hadn't been so lucky as Gorbash. When he had opened his wings to flap to spikes ripped right through them “AGGGHHH!” Glaurung roared in agony as his wings were penetrated by spikes and soon his roaring would cease automatically as a spike lunged out of the ground into Glaurung's throat and out the other side.

Shining looked at the dragon as it slid down the spike which drove it further into Glaurung's body 'I didn't think that circle would do so much damage....' was all Shining could think as he watched blood drip down the spikes that had penetrated the wings and throat of the now still dragon.

Eight used his sword to break the ice around his boots and then he sheathed the sword and put his shield on his back. He took a look a the dead dragon 'Wow, Shining is one powerful magician. This one attack killed a dragon in one shot...'

Eight then thought something else 'What if my magic is stronger here too? I need to train my spell casting ability.'

Gorbash landed back on the roof and looked at his friend “I knew this was a bad idea and now your dead...” Gorbash looked at Eight in rage “You will pay along side that pony!” Gorbash said as he bolted forward in order to attack..

Eight looked at the beast as it sped towards him. Eight quickly pulled out his shield as Gorbash's tail smashed into Eight's shield. Eight felt his footing completely disappear from beneath him as he fell back through the air and then Eight flipped over in midair. Eight looked down at the street as it became bigger and bigger.

“AHHHH!” Eight yelled as he opened his bag and dug into it with his hand. Eight hoped that he would pull anything out that might help him in this situation. Eight grabbed something and pulled it out. It just so happened to be the Godbird Soulstone.

As soon as it was pulled out it activated and glowed golden all around. Eight disappeared and a golden bird flew away from where he had previously been.

~In a Shadowy Ally~

Princess Luna looked where Eight had been previously and looked disappointed 'Thou was not supposed to get out of this miraculously on your own, we were supposed to catch thee and then make an epic entrance....' Luna thought to herself before she sighed.

'Guess we'll have to continue watching Eight's performance, Is that a Haydog stand?! Rainbow Dash said those were awesome! Perhaps we shall try some for ourselves!' Luna thought as she ran over to the stand.

“HOW MUCH FOR THOU'S HAYDOGS?!” Luna said in the Royal Canterlot Voice with far to much excitement.

The salesman had been knocked out by the unexpected attack. Luna picked him up and tried to awaken the poor pony “WAKE UP THY SALESPONY!”

~On the Roof~

Shining Armor reared back and stamped down on the second transmutation circle. As the same sparks and blue light shot out.

Gorbash looked at him “You won't get me with that!” Gorbash roared as he took off into the sky. Then a Golden Bird flew onto the roof and glowed gold as it disappeared leaving Eight still standing on the roof.

“You!? You were dead! I threw you off the roof with my tail!” Gorbash roared in anger.

“Guess I just wasn't done with you!” Eight exclaimed back at the dragon.

Suddenly the blue energy found itself around Eight “What's going on?! Shini-” Eight disappeared in a flash of blue light.

Gorbash also found the light engulfing his body “WHAT IS HAPPEN-” Gorbash was gone the next second.

Shining Armor then felt the magic constrict around himself as he disappeared from the rooftop as well. The hostages looked around them blankly and then one of them shouted “What the buck just happened?!”

~Luna with a Haydog~

Luna spit out the food she had just been consuming “A massive teleportation spell?! Thou must be kidding?! Now we have to look for your magic trail.....” Luna threw her haydog off the building as she activated her horn.

On the sidewalk below a hungry pony was wishing for food and then Luna's half eaten haydog fell onto her head. She picked up the food and smiled despite the fact that food pieces were lodged into her mane “Thank-you mystery food thrower!” she then proceeded to eat what was left of the mystical haydog.

Luna had managed to find the trail of bright blue energy 'Thou cannot get away from us so easily!' she then teleported in the direction that Shining had teleported everyone.

~A field outside Los Pegasus~

Gorbash, Eight and Shining had finally reappeared outside the city. Eight looked up at the dragon, but he wasn't in the air anymore, he had landed.

Eight looked into the dragon's eyes. He didn't see anger, he saw understanding. Then Gorbash spoke “I understand now.... It's not what you are it's who.... I remember legends of warriors who stood on two legs... They were called Dragon Slayers....” Gorbash stopped as his eyes regained the angry fire inside them.

“I have to kill you! If I don't, then more dragons will die!” Gorbash roared at Eight.

“I do have one question before we fight again! How did you get on this world?!” Gorbash asked Eight.

“I was told that I appeared from a portal of dark energy... But that's all that I'll tell you...” Eight said to Gorbash.

Gorbash looked upon Eight and then in the back of his mind he heard one word 'Run' Gorbash still stood his ground though 'Glaurung never had the feeling to run, but I haven't until now? What's wrong with me? It has to be the pony! He did something to my mind, or the Dragon Slayer is messing me up!'

“NO! Forget this! I've had it!” Gorbash roared as he charged up an energy ball in his mouth and then fired it at Eight. The energy struck where Eight was and exploded. Earth was churned up from the explosion and smoked rose from the area where it hit.

Shining's horn had activated before the attack had hit and a shield had covered Eight and himself in seconds. Eight looked around to find the bright blue shield defending him and Shining 'Good save there Shining....' Eight thought to himself for a few seconds before he started hearing more explosions around them

“What's he doing Shining?!” Eight asked the pony.

“He's lost his mind and is rapid firing attacks at us! This shield should protect us for a few more minutes, but I won't last that long under this kind of pressure! He's really strong!” Shining exclaimed back to Eight.

“Hey Shining! Can you distract him for a few minutes?!” Eight asked Shining.

“I'm game for a plan! What's your idea Eight?!” Shining asked him.

“I'll raise my tension and strike with a spell powered sword!” Eight said to Shining.

So you want me to distract this dragon while you power up?!” Shining asked him.

“That's my only plan and it's got to work!” Eight exclaimed to Shining.

“Alright, this better work.” Shining said as he dropped his shield and then reactivated his horn. Shining fired several magical blasts against the attacks the dragon was firing them. The dragon's blasts collided with the magical blasts from Shining Armor and exploded in midair.

Shining then ran forward to try and catch Gorbash's attention “Hey you big ugly dragon! Why don't you fight like a pony?!” Shining said as the dragon began to fire attacks at him.

Shining activated his shield while he ran and avoided all of Gorbash's attacks 'Just keep going!' Shining thought as he got closer and closer to the rampaging dragon.

“Take this!” Shining yelled as he fired two magical blasts at Gorbash.

Gorbash felt the attacks explode against his body and he regained his conscience 'I really lost it for a second there...' he looked down to see the white pony that had killed his friend.

“I'm not sure what you're trying to do pony, but rest assured that I am no fool!” Gorbash roared at Shining as he prepared to use fire breath.

Eight watched the whole thing from where he stood 'Tension times 20!' the violet aura around him grew and so did his strength.

'Looks like he's regained his composure. I hope Shining doesn't get killed......' Eight thought as the energy built up inside him.

Gorbash spewed fire from his maw as it melted the very ground before Shining 'Oh no!' Shining began to run from the attack.

Gorbash was happy to see the pony running in fear of his attack 'This is my most powerful fire breath! I doubt you know what your up against now!' he thought to himself as Shining turned around and summoned his shield.

Shining looked from behind his shield as the fire lathered itself over his shield. Shining could feel his horn heating up from the energy clashing with the fire and he struggled to continue holding his shield up 'Nggghh! This isn't turning out like I thought it would!' Shining thought as his shield started to crack from the pressure.

“I'm done!” Eight yelled to Shining as he sped toward Gorbash.

Gorbash noticed the Dragon Slayer and turned away from Shining “You've offered your blood Dragon Slayer!” Gorbash fire his powerful fire breath at Eight only for him to swing his sword and cut straight through the fire.

“WHAT?!” Gorbash roared as Eight swung his sword above his head and jumped into the air.

Eight's sword sparked with orange energy as he brought the sword down Gorbash's side “DRAGON SLASH!” the sword cut straight down Gorbash's side and hit the ground. From the area where the blade touched down rocks flew into the air from behind Gorbash.

Gorbash fell to the ground and stayed there as Eight stood up “I told you that you would pay...” Eight trailed off as he to ran out of energy and collapsed onto the ground below him.

Shining saw the finishing move and he went over to Eight “Eight! You alright?” he shook Eight trying to get a response, but all he got was Eight's quiet breathing. Shining breathed a sigh of relief 'Well, at least he didn't die from hypertension, or some other thing.' Shining then turned to the downed dragon.

He saw that he was alive as well 'I'll teleport me and Eight from here and see if there is anything else needing to be done. Shining didn't think he could forgive the dragon and so he left him there.

Shining activated his horn and teleported Eight back into Los Pegasus. He then teleported himself back to the city.

~Several Hours have passed since the final attack~

Gorbash still breathed despite the blood he was losing. He heard something faint on the air 'Flapping wings? That sounds like dragon wings... But who?' Gorbash tried to move, but he couldn't. Any small movement brought many spikes of pain all over his body.

The other dragon landed and noticed Gorbash trying to move. He decided to reprimand Gorbash.

“Do not move Gorbash. You're far to heavily wounded for anything other than laying there.” said a new voice.

“Lance? Is that you?” Gorbash asked the unknown dragon.

“Yes, It is me. Who did this to you Gorbash?” Lance asked

“The Dragon Slayer... Did this.... To me....” Gorbash said through labored breaths.

“The Dragon Slayer is a myth! It had to have been Celestia! I can heal you and bring you back to the others! We'll have her head for this!” Lance roared in anger.

“No... It wasn't her... the Dragon Slayer.... told me..... himself that he..... came from a portal.....” Gorbash said as he forced himself to breath in air.

“It can't be him! This would mean that someone brought him here! Maybe Celestia made the portal! Why would she do this though?! This could spell the end of us!” Lance roared in exasperation.

“Tell the Dragon Council.... about the Dragon Slayer.... get my revenge..... for me....kill him....” Gorbash closed his eyes for the last time while Lance watched.

“Dammit! Dragon Slayer! You will die!” Lance roared as he flapped his wings to take off and blasted toward the Dragon Kingdom.

~The Throne Room in Canterlot Castle~

Luna flew into the throne room and saw her sister sitting on her perch. The moon's light seemed to be on her sister as Luna stepped forward “Sister! The Dragons were slayed by Eight and Captain Shining Armor!”

Celestia looked down at Luna and nodded “So he has proven himself, I do hate that it had to end in violence though.” Celestia said as she flapped her wings and touched onto the floor with Luna.

“Eight had initiated the conflict, he had saw hostages and it angered him into attacking. We were impressed with his skills! He managed to fight a dragon without any magic whatsoever while on the rooftop.” Luna said as she continued to retell the tail that she had witnessed today.

“And then he defeated the last dragon with a large slash down his side! We were most impressed if we haven't said so before!” Luna finished with a smile as she realized they were at her sister's room.

“Oh and Luna!” Celestia said as Luna replied.

“Yes sister?” Luna asked.

“Good night and you got some mustard on your chin.” With that, Celestia shut the door.

Author's Note:

Third-Person chapter for everyone! As warned!

I hope you all enjoy this.