• Published 20th May 2013
  • 2,215 Views, 30 Comments

Titans of war - Trigger_Finger



Two rival tanks enter Equestria. One commander deems the Equestrians a threat while the other offers to help stop the menace...

  • ...
8
 30
 2,215

Chapter 2

The mane six had gasped in absolute horror as they heard the news, but when they arrived, Rarity and Fluttershy, had puked from the revolting sight. “Oh muh goddess…” Applejack murmured.

They all gasped in fear as a monstrous looking thing wheeled into the remains of the town. Two red glaring eyes beamed and made Rarity faint in fear. Celestia stepped forwards to protect the young mares and tried to cast a spell on the tank… but nothing happened.

“STAY BACK!” Celestia ordered but the beast didn’t respond and simply continued on until it stopped a few feet away from them. It stayed idling still for a moment before the turret hatch swung open and Vlad peeked out.

“Stay away creature, I warn you! You will not be forgiven for what you did here!” Celestia boomed. Vlad scratched his head.

“I did nothing… what the hell happened here?” He gasped as he looked to the horrible surroundings. He had seen scenes like this before but for some reason this just felt… terrible.

Celestia lowered her guard for a moment. “You mean… you didn’t… do this?” She asked, still suspicious but willing to listen.

“No, I didn’t do… this. We just arrived and were looking for directions.” Vlad informed her.

“Please step down so we may speak… I feel uneasy with your monster running.” Celestia suggested. Vlad whistled and Dmitry killed the engine. The trio emerged from the tank and hopped down.

Vlad was for the most part, unarmed. Ivan held an old non-issue AK-47 while Dmitry held a more modern AKS-74U compact assault rifle. The trio sat and conversed with the white princess for over two hours before Vlad realized that he was in a completely different world, perhaps a different universe.

“So… how do we get home?” Vlad asked.

“We’d have to use an inter-dimensional teleportation spell.” Twilight replied and Celestia gasped.

“Twilight, that could cause a crack in the dimension!” She warned her protégé who in turn nodded.

“So… I guess that means no…” Vlad asked as he swore briefly then stroked his shaven head. “So… basically you’re telling us we’re screwed.” Vlad stated.

“You’re screwed! YOU’RE SCREWED! Have you even seen what this place looks like?!” Dash yelled. Vlad gave her an uneasy look.

“Easy Dash, they ain’t gotta help us if they don’t want tah.” Applejack tried to calm her friend. Suddenly a gasp caught everypony’s attention and they looked to a bloody, Nurse Redheart.

It wasn’t her blood she was covered in, but that of other ponies that she had tried to save. “A thing… like that one…” She whispered fearfully, having seen the events unfold.

“American… probably an M1 Abrams…” Ivan muttered. Vlad looked over to him and caught a spent shell that Ivan tossed him. It was a .50 caliber BMG cartridge. “Fucking NATO…” Ivan spat.

Nurse Redheart collapsed from the pure repute of the destruction. Suddenly there was a crack of thunder and a carriage set down near the group. Rarity once again fainted in fear as a cloaked figure stepped forwards.

“The beast is heading towards Dodge Junction… through the canyons.” Said a lumbering voice. The figure pulled back her hood to reveal a stunning and beautiful face that belonged to that of Princess Luna.

“Thank you dear sister…” Celestia trailed off as she looked to the trio of Russian tankers in front of her. “Please feel free to refuse but also consider our situation… we are in dire need of your assistance… for some reason magic does not seem to work on your… tanks.” Celestia began.

“So… what are you asking?” Dmitry interrupted. Celestia sighed then stepped forwards.

“Do you think… you could defeat it for us? We have nothing that will be able to stand up against it without heavy casualties.” She asked. All three of them gave a different answer.

Vlad said “Maybe.” Ivan replied with “Yes!” and Dmitry simply scratched his head with an “I dunno.” Celestia raised an eyebrow.

Vlad spoke for his team. “Perhaps… if we could track them down… but we may need fuel.” He replied and Celestia tilted her head to one side. “Diesel fuel, for the tank.” He stated and Celestia nodded.

“Luna.” Celestia began and her sister paid close attention. “Travel with this group and scout for them, but do not get close to that… thing…” She ordered and Luna nodded.

Elsewhere, near the canyons of Dodge Junction:

Alex sat on the tread cover of the tank and smoked a cigarette. James rubbed his crotch against the barrel of the tank cannon. “UGH! I need a woman so fucking badly!” He yelled. Alex simply chuckled to himself as the soldier allowed himself to flop off the cannon and onto the hard ground with a THUMP.

Jackson was busy tinkering with the tank to make sure it was in tip top shape. Deny was busy chatting with their new friend. James staggered along with a flask and quickly wailed some back before staggering forwards some more.

Alex watched the man as he continued to drink from the canteen. He had never saw James show this much interest in water before, even when they had been separated from the main convoy and went two days without water.

Alex hopped down and approached James who looked to him with a drunken expression. Alex snatched the canteen from his grip and sniffed it. He nearly gagged as he smelt the foul odour of whatever was inside the canteen.

“What… the hell is this stuff?” Alex hissed. James smiled drunkenly.

“Brake fluid… you syphon the fluid from the cylinder than filter it through some bread to get all the shit out… then you let it ferment in the sun for a few days and you have some heavy… booze…” He managed through several hiccups.

Jackson’s sigh of irritation could be heard. “That’s why the brakes are a little seized…” He muttered before removing a booklet from his vest pocket and scribbling something down.

Alex walked over. “What are you doing?” He asked sternly and Jackson looked to him with an unimpressed look.

“Recording this. We’ll need new brakes when we get back and they’ll need to know what happened.” Jackson replied. Alex grabbed him and held him close.

“Listen… yeah that was a doozy of a fuck up… but he’s the best damned shot in the regiment.” Alex hissed. Jackson’s mind wouldn’t be changed about the subject. Alex grabbed the notebook and ripped the page out before shredding the scrap of paper into shreds.

Alex walked back over to James who was swaying heavily. “It… makes my aim steady commander… you should try some…” He chuckled before Alex slammed him in the face with his right fist, knocking James to the ground.

Jackson looked over in shock but Deny and Trixie hadn’t noticed. Alex reached down to the canteen and picked it up before taking a sip. He grunted in disgust but the after taste was rather pleasant. He smirked as he started drinking James’ homemade booze.

Jackson paced over to him and leaned against the side of the tank. “So commander… I heard you used to be Delta Force… what the hell happened?” He asked and Alex sighed.

“I started off as a ranger, was seen by a commanding Seal officer and he opted for me to try out the Seals. So I did and I passed with flying colours but even that wasn’t enough. So I went to Delta. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done but it was worth it. One day, on a detail scout mission, we were entering a town that was supposed to be under heavy surveillance.

I spotted what looked to be Taliban in the streets but the commander of the convoy refused to fire, stating that we couldn’t engage first, since it wasn’t a hostile territory and they weren’t armed. Next thing I know the guy has an RPG7 and hits our Humvee. We’re just about all killed and I was left in charge since I was next in the chain of command.” Alex began.

“I didn’t even get a shot off before another round struck near me… shrapnel ripped up the side of my leg and messed me up good… lucky for us there was a rescue team ready… after that I wasn’t able to train hard enough due to my leg. My dreams of becoming the best had been shattered because we weren’t allowed to shoot first.” Alex continued.

“So my commander knew this other commander in the tank division and had me redirected as a tank commander…” Alex finished his story then took another heavy wail of the homemade alcohol. “Wow… James wasn’t kidding… this stuff is harsh.” He muttered.

Over by the small fire, Deny played chess with Trixie, who was whopping his butt. “Trixie… as soon as you get the chance… you have to get away.” Deny told her.

“I know that!” She whispered back, knowing full well that the commander already didn’t trust her.

“Just make sure you do because… if he catches you… I don’t even want to think about what he might do to you.” Deny stated and Trixie nodded.

“Why is he so cruel?” She asked and Deny shrugged.

“Well… I haven’t been in this squad for very long but I have never really seen him act like this before either… not sure.” Deny replied.

Elsewhere…

A lone desert bug slowly crawled along through the cold shifty dirt. Suddenly a large tank track crushed it as it lumbered through the desert floor. The rattle of its tracks filled the air.


“Perhaps we should have code names?” Dmitry said over the radio to Luna. She had departed with them and the two kept in touch with a short range radio set that was with the tank.

Vlad answered before Luna could. “We won’t really need to. I doubt that they’ll be eavesdropping on us. We should be eavesdropping on them.” Vlad stated.

Luna’s voice crackled over the radio. “So how will you destroy it?” She asked curiously.

“I am not entirely sure… I have heard that those tanks can survive many shots from an RPG7.” Vlad replied. Ivan simply chuckled.

“At the ranges perhaps… but in a battle situation it is completely different. Those were controlled environments that they did the tests for the M1 in. In the war of Dagestan, a T90 was hit with over a half a dozen RPG rounds and it simply kept going. The American tanks could never suffice to that. Our tank is better.” Ivan stated. Vlad shook his head.

“It takes a smart tank commander to know his tank is good… it takes an even better tank commander to admit that his enemies’ tank is better… the American tank is much more sophisticated than ours…” He trailed off his sentence.

“So… you can’t beat it…” Luna stated in defeat.

Vlad shook his head. “I never said that… it just won’t be easy.” Vlad replied as the tank continued lumbering on.