• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 6,183 Views, 168 Comments

Shisno Chronicles: Friendship is Magic - nightelf37



Basically, it's a 'retelling' of the popular "Friendship is Magic" TV series with an OC.

  • ...
61
 168
 6,183

PreviousChapters Next
(NOT) Chapter 20: Green Isn't Your Color

Author's Note:

"Hey, I thought this was 'Green Isn't Your Color'!"

While that was supposed to be the case, Pinkie Pie, I couldn't find too much scenarios for Chronicle to take part in. Besides, it's a fashion show episode. While it does contain my best pony, there's little he could do there. I will make references to what he did during that time, though.

"Won't you be tricking your readers with the title?"

Astute ones would be able to tell from the word count. Besides, I added a "(NOT)", so they would be able to tell from the get-go.

"Okie-dokie-lokie!"

Disclaimer: I own only the following: Chronicle, Mystic Shield (not appearing in this chapter), Timerity, Blue Diary, and anything that doesn't happen in the show proper.

Special 1: About the Story Crew

In the dreamscape…

Chronicle, his sister Timerity, and his brother Blue Diary stood together in front of a recording camera.

"Do we really have to do this?", complained the female as she fidgeted about.

"Yes.", Blue answered. "It's for our catalyst so people can know a bit more about what is it we do."

"But I hate talking in Fourth Wall!" She then gave a sigh. "But I guess I'll have to…" She then took out a pair of shades and put them on, in spite of the fact that they wouldn't stick to her face as her ears are above the arms of the eyewear. "…deal with it."

Blue rolled his eyes and groaned, "That is a lame way pull off that line, sister."

"Camera's about to roll.", Chronicle told them. "We should begin."

"Right." The three siblings then gathered together so that the camera can see all of them, with Chronicle's siblings between him.

"Greetings, 'readers'. My name is Timmy Timer, but in here I'm called Chronicle."

His sister was next. "And I'm Tabitha Timer, but I'm called Timerity by my friends."

Their brother was last. "And I'm Crais Timer, a.k.a. Blue Diary."

"And we're here to tell about the Story Crew.", the three spoke in unison.

They paused for a while, then Timerity spoke up. "Man, this sounds like we're in a talk show or something. I'm never watching "Shelldor Koopa presents Fun With Frags" ever again. We have to warn you a bit though that we won't be able to answer all of your questions due to our rank and role in it, which we'll get to later."

"Just what is the Story Crew?", Blue asked the camera. "For starters, you got your animé, comic books, films, live action shows, plays, video games, cartoons, and all things fictional, including the fan works based on all of the above."

"Well, all of those things are actually real.", Timerity provided. "As real as the computer you're using to…read this chapter even as we speak. Just not in a place your civilization will have any access to in the near future. If you ever played the video game series titled Kingdom Hearts, let's say a portion of what you see there is the reality of the universe."

"In case you're wondering where do series that take place in outer space or in several worlds like Star Wars, Starcraft, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the like fit into this—"

"Wow. Many of those galaxy setting works are of the sci-fi genre.", Chronicle interrupted, getting a smack from his brother's wing.

"Don't cut in, Chronicle, while I'm still speaking." Blue then turned back to the camera. "Anyway, in those 'works', they take place in light speed proximity to where we are stationed. However, thanks to us, these star systems never interact with one another."

"Now, the Story Crew visits various worlds and sends down agents like us. We witness or experience adventures in them—"

"And the Story Crew is lenient on that term since that includes stuff that go under the 'slice-of-life' category." The pegasus then gets smacked by Chronicle's paddle.

"Hypocrite. As I was saying, we witness or experience adventures in these worlds, and chronicle all of them—hence the alias I use. Of course, we are assisted by plenty of others, hence the scenes that take place not in our presence. Then, for some reason classified to us Field Operatives, this information is transmitted into "client worlds" like your earth and into the people you know as authors, producers, artists, scriptwriters, and the like—even fanfic writers like our catalyst here—in the form of ideas. As they do not think it is real, save for perhaps our catalyst, these creators treat these 'messages' as fiction and tell them to you as fiction. Also, the information more often than not gets garbled in translation, so there aren't that many hard facts."

"We in the Timer family are assigned to all sorts of different Equestrias.", Timerity explained. "Chronicle is assigned to Equestria Prime, the data of which is made into the TV show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". I am assigned to Solaris Equestria, where just about everybody there is a gender swapped version of everybody in Prime. As for Blue Diary, he is assigned to Luna Equestria, its data sent to the writers of the fan-made collaboration known as the Lunaverse."

"You may be asking yourselves, "Hey, if what you're saying is true, why do we not see you in the shows we watch or the games we play?" or something like that.", Chronicle said. "Well, only a small proportion of worlds the Story Crew goes to actually have Field Operatives assigned to them, and a small proportion of that have such that directly interact with the work's protagonists like we do. And the same guys that transmit the info to the client worlds also edit the info so that no evidence of us, or those we "directly interact with", exist. Hence why there's also no trace of Mystic Shield or his first four students in your show."

"And for that reason, we who befriend the resident heroes usually try to minimize our influence in their fight against the main villains."

"Although we might sometimes go too far, like I have, hence why Nightmare Moon seems to just stand there as Twilight undergoes her speech about her friendship."

Timerity grumbled from her brother's interruption, then continued. "Of course, we make sure to keep the existence of the other worlds a secret, unless those worlds already make contact with other worlds, like the House of Mouse."

"Speaking of villains, there is also a rival organization that wishes to directly interfere with "how things go" according to our higher-ups.", Blue said. "This org is called the Book Troop. Don't ask why they and our group have names related to literature, because we haven't a clue. Our groups have been rivals for ages and we always clash whenever we could. Otherwise, they, or at least their Field Operatives, follow the same code as we do."

"When their Field Ops befriend the natives, they do so with who you identify as the villains. Although there are sometimes scenarios where…say…a hero and villain are together." Timerity then 'took out' a list and began to read it. "Like when heroes and villains have to work together to defeat a greater evil, or when a hero who's destined to beat the bad guys joins them for a while, or vice-versa. In that case, we make a begrudging truce until we can try and off one another without raising too much suspicion from our allies or breaking their trust."

"The Story Crew also has 'replicas' across different universes, especially in the ones where "fan fictions" and alternate comic world timelines take place.", Blue stated. "There are also alternate versions of ourselves there in addition to more members of our extended family, where the results are different."

"Enough about that. I think we've talked too much about our organization.", Timerity said in an attempt to change the subject. "Let's talk about our family. We told them about us. Why not talk about them too?"

"As much as that would be a great idea, I'm afraid we're running out of film.", Chronicle said as he gazed at the camera's side.

"We're using that kind of camera?"

"Afraid so." He then tuned back to the camera. "Of course, you may think of us as just another concept of fiction made by our catalyst, but we sorta foresaw that as our higher-ups have kept our masquerade so well you wouldn't believe us even after we might stop holding it up."

"We'll have to say goodbye now. Film's running out.", Blue said.

"Oh, all right." She then turned to the camera with his brothers and they all chorused. "Goodbye!" The camera then stopped.

The pegasus turned to Chronicle. "Can we do another of these next time?"

"You were the one who suggested it, remember?"

"Right."

"And you know I'm game for making videos."

"Right. Well, see ya."

"Bye.", Timerity said. And with that, she and Blue Diary vanished back into their dreamscapes, leaving Chronicle alone in his.

"Hmm…I really should visit my siblings' dreamscapes sometime."

PreviousChapters Next