• ...
4
 97
 5,641

Keeping an Open Eye

(As a reminder, don't expect anything AAA quality, at least not yet. I'm new to writing like this and any helpful advice, praise, honest criticism would be great, as long as it isn't downright rude).

As Twilight Sparkle sees Celestia teleport back to Canterlot, she has a uncomfortable feeling about the creature in her home. It never looked like any pony or anything she has seen. It had no hooves, was taller than any pony out there, and looked somewhat threatening.

"I hope Spike comes back from Rarity soon." Twilight says in a unerving voice.

Just then, a knock on the door is heard. Quickly, Twilight heads to the door and opens it. Relieve and happy to see it was her assistant and friend, Spike.

"Hey Twilight. I just finished working with Rarity and because she thinks I'm such an amazing gem collecter, she let me keep this delicious ruby." Spike says holding his reward.

"That's great Spike, I'm glad that you are happy but I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure Twilight, what do you need me to do?"

" Something very important but can you promise me not to mention this favor to anyone?" Twilight says in a now more serious tone

"Ok" spike says in a slightly uneasy tone

"Thank you." Twlight says as she walks back to her bookshelf, finding book/s on abnormal beings

"So.... What do you need me to do Twilight?" spike says as he walks inside, and shuts the door

"I need you to keep a watch on a strange creature I found in my bed a hour ago"

"Creature?!" Spike says shocked "You mean that you're keeping something that you don't even know the name of?"

"Celestia said that this creature isn't from Canterlot, she thinks that it might be from another world. I need you to keep on eye on it so that it doesn't escape or possibly wreck my home. We don't want to risk it hurting any pony out there. Are you up to the task?"

"Will do Twilight!" Spike says in a more heroic tone

"Thank you Spike, I'll be studying on who or what this creature is. If anything gets out of hand or you need help, call me. It seems to be inactive at the moment so there shouldn't be a problem."

"No problem" spike says as he walking to Twilight's room

As Spike makes his way to Twilight's room, he gently opens the door and enters the room and sees the strange creature laying upon Twilight's bed, motionless, almost as it were dead. As Spike gently closes the door. He spots a chair next to the door, and moves the chair just a few feet closer to the creature. He then sits on the chair while laying his precious ruby in his lap and watches the creature for some time.

"That thing is creepy. I could see why Twilight was serious with this task but if Celestia was here a hour ago, wouldn't it be better if she assigned a guard to watch something like this?" Spike says nervously in his mind.

To lighten himself up a bit. Spike gets the ruby Rarity gave him which lays on his lap, and decides to eat it.

"This looks delicious" Spike quietly says drooling on the ruby. As he is about to feast on the ruby, the drool on the ruby and the tight grip makes the ruby slip out of his hands and silently lands close to the creature's hand."

"Rats, it's right next to him" spike says in mind, panicking. The creature remained motionless. Spike was worried that if he tries to recover his ruby, it might wake up.

"If I don't get back my ruby, he might eat it and I did work hard for it. Maybe if I "carefully" get it back, it won't wake up."

Spike then leaves his chair and starts to walk as quietly as possible to the creature. Just a few feet away from it, Spikes heart starts to race and trembles the more closer he walks towards the creature.

Now next to it. Spike then reaches out his hand slowly and carefully to his ruby and just as he touches it...

"HI TWILIGHT!" which sounds like Pinkie Pie, outside the room.

Startled, Spike slapped the ruby which landed next to Spike's left foot, and his hand touched the creature's hand. Spike then quickly looked at the creature's face to see any signs of movement, the creature remained motionless.

"That was a close one. Might as well get my ruby." Spike says in his mind as he slowly begins to pick it.

"I am one sneaky little guy." Spike said with a chuckle, proud to reclaim his prize.

As Spike walks quietly back to his chair, he then hears a very quiet, raspy voice behind him.

"SYSTEM RECOVERY. ACTIVATE DEFIBRILLATOR."