• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 7,752 Views, 105 Comments

The Rogue and the Mare - darkangel_31314



The life of the Rogue Stallion, the Broken Mare, and their filly, Moonlight.

  • ...
11
 105
 7,752

Chapter 2 - Crystal Ponies

Chapter 2 - Crystal Ponies

A lot can change in three years. When I first realized that the Mare in the Moon and Nightmare Moon were the same pony, I thought I was just doing my duty as the Princess' Faithful Student in warning her so that she could take the appropriate steps to protect ponykind.

Boy was I wrong.

Instead I found myself a pawn in the Princess' ultimate plan to save not only ponykind, but her long-lost sister as well. I even found the friends I had long neglected to find. I have done my part to deal with ancient evils, and I'm all but resigned from being the 'Faithful Student': I am now I am a mother, and am engaged to be married.

Times change, but fate is a finicky mare. We had just set the date for the wedding when Spike belches out another letter, another warning from the Diarchs of another ancient evil making its return; and apparently I'm the only Mare that Princess Celestia trusts to stop it. When this is over, I'm going to have strong words with her about cutting me some slack... At least until Moonlight is in her teens...

At the very least I get to spend the weekend with Shining and Cadence, and Moonlight with her Grandparents in Canterlot while I deal with this. I expect I'll be doing a lot of running...

.....

"Contact Rear!"

"MOVE!"

"Go-Go-Go!"

A dozen ponies rush headlong through the snowy landscape toward a soft pink dome in the distance. Each is breathing heavily - the soldiers even more so - as the black clouds form up behind them.

"Keep going! I'll hold it off!"

"Not so fast, Shining! Evac Plan Soarin! Swiftwind, grab Twilight!"

"On it, L.T.!"

Rainbow Dash snatched up Shining Armor in her forehooves and fired off rapidly; "One, Two, Three, HUP!"

The Pegasi in the group snatched up the ponies next to them and literally flung themselves through the shield at the last possible moment, everypony crashing to the ground in startled squeaks. Behind them the clouds splash harmlessly on the shield. Twilight could swear it let out a roar of frustration before vanishing, and everypony breathed a sigh of relief when it did so.

Rainbow was the first to leap to her hooves. "Everypony all right? Sound off!"

As each pony responded, Janus and Twilight stood up, dusting themselves off. A cry from Pinkie Pie drew their attention to the city that lay sprawled before them.

"Sparkleriffic!"

They all stared in awe at the city before them.

"Its gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!" Rarity muttered under her breath. "... there are no words..."

"So this is the Crystal Empire..." Janus whispered at Twilight's side.

Shining Armor broke them from their stares as he pointed toward the tall spire in the center. "Cadence is waiting."

.....

It was a quick and rather happy meet-and-greet inside the throne room, but the undercurrent of bitterness was hidden despite the exhausted look on the Princess' face. With her using her love magic to keep just enough within the city to keep the corrupt unicorn Sombra out, she had not been able to eat much less sleep. Shining Armor was busy dividing his time between patrolling and keeping Cadence awake. Things were definitely not looking up.

But even with all of this Twilight is more than eager to accomplish her mission and get back home to Spike and Moonlight currently residing with her parents in Canterlot. Idea after idea flowed through her mind as she paced between the throne and her friends.

Time for some Anthropological studies!

"Okay, gather round Janus, girls..." Twilight drew her fiancee and friends into a huddle at the base of the throne. "I don't know why Princess Celestia didn't give Shining much help, but that's probably why we're here. I need you and your squad to go do what Guards do." She pointed at Rainbow Dash.

"Right."

"Janus, you and the girls are going to question the Crystal Ponies. There's got to be something around here that will keep this Sombra out, and the only way to get that information is to take a quick census."

"You mean a defense other than a pair of Alicorn Demi-Goddesses?"

"Well..." Twilight rubbed the back of her neck as everypone else stared. "... "

"The Princess Celestia didn't give ya' much, did she?" Applejack grinned, tapping her brace on the floor.

"Uh... she gave me..." A blush. "Nope."

"..."

"Par for the course. What do you want us to ask them?" A.J. gave her friend a playful push.

Twilight drew a scroll and quickly wrote a series of questions. "Here. While you get the observations going, I'm going to combing through their records. There has to be a library here somewhere, and hopefully Sombra didn't trash it too badly. Together, we can get this done!"

The answer was unanimous: "RIGHT!"

.....

At the first house Janus stopped out, he learned that things ... might not be so easy.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could help you. But I... can't seem to remember anything before King Sombra came to power." A beat. "... and I don't want to remember anything about the time he ruled over us." The poor mare shuddered.

The girls weren't having much better luck;

"I wish I could help you. Really."

Applejack scowled suspiciously. "Ya should know somethin'..."

"I'm sorry, I don't have any information."

"Oh, um. Excuse me! Oh! Hello! Umm, I was just wondering." Fluttershy took a deep breath. "Oh, oh, that's okay, um, you all look really busy." She frowned and shook her head at the ponies walking past her.

Even Pinkie Pie, with her now-trademark insanity, put on a black suit with a set of night-vision goggles on her forehead, yet still encountered similar problems: "Time to gather some intel!" She slid close to a pair of conversing ponies

"It just feels like something is missing."

"I know. It looks the same, but it doesn't feel the same."

Pinkie was doing good until she blurted out; "Because it isn't!"

"A spy!"

Pinkie gasped! "A spy?"

The two ponies dashed into a nearby doorway, slamming it in the pink pony's face.

"Aww! How did they know?" A beat. "Ah! Must have noticed my night vision goggles." She clicked the goggles on and held out her forehooves in front of her. "Ooh! Night vision-y!"

.....

In the Library, the group gathered around Twilight whom was surrounded by stacks of books that she had been sorting through for the last couple of hours.

"A'hm sorry, Twi, but these Crystal Ponies seem to have some sort of collective amnesia of their time under Sombra's control."

"Yeah, I know how that feels..." She muttered, setting another book aside and pulling down another one.

"Its not like your an expert on mind-control, Twi." Janus arched an eyebrow.

"Close enough. All I've read would indicate he had some serious mental influence on them. And he did a pretty good job of erasing any indication of how they protected themselves before he took control." Another book was set aside.

Applejack had plucked another book from the shelf and flipped through it rapidly. "Uh, anyone else startin' to think this is a lost cause?"

"I'm not giving up yet..." Twilight scowled as she pulled another book close with magic. "The Princess said I could be able to help these ponies, and with my brother and sister-in-law both on the line I'm not quitting."

"Darling, really, you seem to be taking this to heart." Rarity tsked.

"I've got plenty of reasons to succeed, Rarity. My brother, Cadence, Princess Celestia's faith in me... and my daughter I have to get back to..." She trailed off as she stared at the book.

"Don't beat your self up, Twilight." Fluttershy rubbed a gentle hoof up and down her back. "Even if you don't succeed we'll be here to help you."

"No, that's not it." She held up the book. "I think I found it!"

.....

Regrouping back in the throne room, Twilight levitated the book in front of her. "They called it 'The Crystal Faire.' According to this book, it was established by their first queen and became their most important tradition. It was held every year to quote; 'renew the spirit of love and unity in the Empire so they could protect it from harm' unquote."

Shining Armor glanced at his wife in concern who looked down from the throne, exhausted, but with hope in her eyes. "Sounds promising."

Beside him, Rainbow was suspicious. "How could a simple festival keep out a undead unicorn like Sombra?"

"Magic, like life itself, is fueled by emotions." Twilight explained. "I nearly killed Luna because the Nightmare's mind-control was driving me with hate and fear over loosing Moonlight. That alone basically boosted my power a hundred fold. Filling many depressed ponies with hope could increase that effect exponentially!"

"Its worth a try." Janus looked over her shoulder at the book. "There's a lot of information on it here. We could probably throw this together by lunch."

Twilight nodded, scowling at something off about the book, but then looking up at Cadence. "We have to try."

The exhausted ruler nodded; "Do it."

.....

With the help of the guards, the set-up of the event went quickly. Horns, painting, games, even a couple of the Royal Guards duking it out in a mock sparring match. Pinkie Pie even called in her reserve streamers and party balloons that she had in long-term storage to decorate the area around the Crystal Palace.

All-in-all, it was forming up to look like a massive morale-boosting event.

Twilight, however, couldn't take her mind off the fact she was missing something. The book was right in that the Crystal Ponies were coming, curious at all the activity, and seemed to be brightened by the idea of the Crystal Faire. But something was just ... off...

Rather like her stray thoughts when in the hospital... that turned out to be the Nightmare influencing her...

She paused and flipped back through the book. The Crystal Heart - the centerpiece of the Faire - was mentioned. But what was it? How could they make one? Was it important?

She turned the book over and her eyes went wide as she examined the spine...

... there was a page missing...

It had been almost surgically cut out. From the page before, it might have the answers to those questions.

"We're almost ready for the announcement, Twi." Janus jogged up to her after helping set up a jousting line for the Royal Guards. "Just need you to... is something wrong?"

"Just a minute, Janus." She trotted to the crowd on the edge of the palace grounds. "Hi there!"

"Hi!" A random Crystal Pony greeted.

"Feeling any better?"

She nodded. "Seeing all of this, I feel like I'm starting to remember. Remember things from before the king."

"Me too." Another nodded eagerly. She suddenly gasped. "The Crystal Heart!"

"Do you think they really have it?" The second glanced at her friend.

"We're close to finishing everything. What can you tell me of the Heart, and I'll go find it!" Twilight put on a very large, and very fake smile. The two ponies were eagerly to speak of it, but inward...

... Twilight was in a full-blown panic...

.....

In the Throne Room, she allowed her panic out. "I can't believe I missed that!"

"Can't we make another one?" Fluttershy squeaked from one side.

"Of course we can't. The whole purpose of the Crystal Faire is to lift the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, so the light within them can power the Crystal Heart, so that the Empire can be protected! According to one of the Crystal Ponies, King Sombra hid it away where nopony would never see it again!

Rainbow Dash went wide-eyed, letting out a soft strangled sound. "... then I think we may have a problem..."

TwiIight didn't appear to notice, still pacing. "I didn't think it was an actual relic! The book didn't mention anything about the Crystal Ponies powering the Heart! There was a page missing... How did I not notice?!"

"It's alright, Twilight." Cadence offered hopefully from the Throne as Janus stopped her and hugged her.

"Twily..." Shining started before a soft howl sounded from outside.

One of Rainbow's Guards, Private Swiftwind, dove in from a window in a near panic; "We got Contact!"

The shield protecting the city had vanished, and black smog rolled in growling in anger.

"Dash! Get Everypony under the Palace!" Shining Armor took immediate charge of what appeared to be a full-scale attack on the city by the deposed King Sombra.

As the Pegasus leaps into action, she can't help but think that this 'Sombra' looks remarkably like a certain other ancient evil she had fought just over a year prior.

Neither can the victim of that previous attack. "Shining! Cadence!"

The honorary Prince held onto his wife, helping her up so she could re-power the shield. "Here... just like at our wedding..." He murmured into her ear, helping her to stand so she could send out another shield. It now only protected half the main city.

"Shiny, keep Cadence comfortable. I need to find that Crystal Heart and fast!"

"Twily-"

"Don't argue, Shiny!" His sister glared at him, then looked to the nearest one of her friends, Applejack. "You and the rest of our friends have to keep the Faire going.

"Twi, ah love ya and all, but how are we supposed to do that with that thing moving in?"

"The whole purpose of the Crystal Faire is to lift the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, so they can activate the Crystal Heart. If the Crystal Ponies find out that King Sombra is trying to take over the Empire again, their spirits are gonna be anything but lifted. It won't matter if I find the Crystal Heart. They won't be able to make it work. You have to keep them happy here at the Faire."

A.J. could only set her jaw and nod. "Right... ah'll figure out somethin'."

"Right then. Janus, you're with me..." She headed deeper into the palace.

Before he could follow, Shining Armor stopped the blue stallion. "You keep her safe."

Janus glanced back, matching the Prince's expression. "You know I will."

The two unicorns bolted into the Palace with intent.

"I hope you have a plan, Twily." Janus huffed, keeping up with his fiancee.

"I'm making it up as I go along."

"Seems like something you regularly do. What happened to that mare I keep hearing about that likes things planned out in exquisite detail?"

"She got foalnapped, raped, brainwashed, and become a mother." The purple mare responded without breaking stride. "Something like that is guaranteed to change one's perspective on life." She shoved open the doors into the throne room, looking around.

"Well... so where do we start then?" Janus began walking around the outer wall, examining it for hidden doorways.

"Well... Lemmie think." She sat in the middle of the throne room. "Princess Celestia explained to me Light and Dark Magic."

"The things the Nightmare used on us."

"Not that specifically, but PURE dark magic." She closed her eyes, tilting her head. She tried to recall anything from the Princess' briefing that could help. "This isn't Sombra's castle. But he did rule from here. If he's anything like the Nightmare he'd want to keep things close, to keep an eye on it. Especially if the Crystal Heart is the focus... he'd want to ensure he was corrupting it." She opened her eyes, glancing at the throne. "It's in here."

Janus glanced over. "Where?"

She pointed to a crystal behind the throne. "Princess Celestia gave me a clue! Something like that!" Her horn began to glow, but not with its normal rose-tinted light.

"Twilight!" Janus stepped back in shock.

Twilight opened her eyes and hit the crystal with the dark spell. It began to glow in turn, casting a terrible black shadow that stretched across the throne room's floor. As it moved, its darkness revealed a hidden stairwell right in front of the throne.

Twilight eased off the spell, and smiled. "Jackpot."

"Twilight..."

"I'm okay." She set her jaw. "Just something Celestia showed me. Let's go." She led the way down the stairs.

"When we get married..." Janus started, following her down the stairs to find her staring at at closed door. "I'm going to insist on no more adventures. We got Moonlight to worry about, after all."

"I'm with you on that one, Janus. This must be it." She opened the door-

.....

Twilight found herself in a grey room. The nighttime sky could be seen outside a window in the back. To her left, a bed rested against one wall. The room was sparsely furnished, and she was not alone.

A black shadow formed up behind her, black feathers caressing her cutie mark causing her to shiver. "I knew you would fail this little 'test' of Celestia's."

Twilight turned to face the Nightmare. "What are you doing here? Where am I?"

"Back where you belong." The corrupted Alicorn purred oh so softly. "You failed. You tripped a trap spell and Sombra overran the Crystal Empire. As a reward, he returned you to me!" She grinned, showing her fangs.

"No. This isn't right. I'm not finished yet!" Twilight yelled.

"Yes, you are." The alicorn stepped forward, forcing Twilight back against the bed. "You failed, and you are mine once more!"

"No! If I failed, Janus would take over! He'd win!" Twilight's heart pounded in her chest as she faced down her nightmares. But Moonlight wasn't here to wake her up with her crying.

"Relax, my love, we just need to try again." Black wings draped around Twilight. "Now open your mind-"

"NO!" Twilight pushed the black alicorn back forcefully. "I'M NOT DONE YET! I'M GOING TO SUCCEED! THEN I'M GOING BACK TO MOONLIGHT!"

.....

"NO!"

"Twilight!" Janus grabbed her, shaking her. "Twilight! Are you okay?!"

The mare in question jerked in his arms, looking around, panting heavily. "Wha-what?" Seeing her stallion, she latched onto him, holding to him tightly. "Janus!"

"Twilight! What happened?" He held her, gently rocking her as tears began to stain his fur.

"I'm... I'm okay. I think..." She still remained his arms. "It was like the nightmares... but real."

Janus glanced at the door, his horn glowing to push it the rest of the way closed. "It must've been trapped."

"It was. Dark magic... it was..." She shook her head, burying his face in his chest. "A doorway that leads to your worst fears, your nightmares."

"Shhh... you're okay now. I'm here." He held her for a minute longer before she pushed away.

Twilight glared daggers at the doorway. "There must be a way to disable it." She spotted a gem above its top. "Huh."

Janus followed her gaze, spotting it as well. "I'm seeing a pattern here."

"Dark Magic... so, let's try this!" Twilight grinned, her horn sparking its normal color then brightening. A bolt of white struck the gem, shifting its color.

Janus looked the door over, exchanged looks with Twilight, then opened it.

Beyond were stairs, in a rather brighter-colored room, wrapping around a pillar stretching what could only be the height of the Palace spire.

"Woah." Janus followed Twilight inside as the two unicorns looked around.

"Well, this is promising."

"We'll never climb to the top in time, Twi."

"Come on, Janus. This entire thing is about faith." Twilight started up the stairs. "We have to have faith in ourself, in our friends, in our family." The two ponies continued to climb up the spiraling ramp. "Without that faith... darkness can consume us. Its what happened to Luna..." She frowned. "... what nearly happened to me."

"That thing still haunts you, doesn't it, Twi?" Janus quickly trotted up to her side.

"And not you?"

He set his jaw. "Yeah. Yeah, it does."

"We have to keep going." She took a deeb breath and concentrated on the climb for another full minute. "I think its one of the reasons Celestia insisted we come here."

"Something like 'group therapy' on the battlefield?"

"Something like that, maybe..." Twilight smiled. "But it won't stop me from having some rather harsh words when we return to Canterlot."

"I'm with you there, Twi." Janus smiled.

Twilight slowed and glanced up. She walked to the edge and tilted her head to glance up the side.

"You think this may be a third trap? They do come in three's, you know."

"Hmm?" Twilight was busy studying the spire.

"A doorway hidden unless you knew about magic, a boobytrapped door that leads you to your worst fears, why not a set of stairs to infinity?"

"One way to find out." Twilight grinned.

Janus lifted a forehoof to her. "You have that look again. The one that has an insane plan."

"Hold onto me."

"Well..." He blushed.

Twilight let out a huff of frustration before grabbing him and lighting her horn. "If Pinkie's antics are any indication... this is going to be fun!"

"Huh?"

Janus had just enough time to get a look of absolute confusion on his face before gravity reversed itself. Twilight twisted her body in midair, landing on all four hooves, facing down a long, spiraling slide. It took a moment before she found the right list to lean into the curves to avoid flying off the edge, with Janus tucked under one forehoof.

"My fiancee` is absolutely insane!" Janus yelled in surprise.

"I know. Pinkie's got her certificate framed on the mantle!" Twilight smirked.

I'm not done yet. I'm not going to fail. I'm going to get this crystal heart, heal this kingdom, and perhaps myself, then go home to hug Moonlight!

No more nightmares...

.....

"WOOOHOOO!" Twilight fired her horn was the two popped out of the entrance to the top of the stairs, landing on all fours before smirking at Janus who landed in a lump at her side. "You okay?"

"Oh, I'm perfectly normal. My pride, however, has been killed-in-action, please send me the condolences..." He sat upright, shaking himself off before standing. "Twily!" He pointed in surprise.

The crystal heart, just as depicted in the book, hovered before them in the center of the tallest part of the palace spire.

"... I think we found it, Janus..." Twilight stepped forward, eyes shining with a twinkle of crystal blue as she stared at a heart carved out of a brilliant blue crystal, the shade of which was remiscant of Moonlight and Janus' eyes.

"Wait!" Janus latched onto her tail with his magic. "Remember what I said about traps and threes?"

Twilight paused, glancing at him, then at the crystal heart. She noticed the pattern on the floor that seemed to be pointing toward it. "... you're right. Like everything else, this is just too obvious."

The two unicorns circled from opposite sides of the room, looking over it. Twilight paused after making one circuit, and glancing out the alcoves over the Crystal Empire.

The shield was flicking again, and the black clouds were surrounding it, waiting for their moment to pounce.

"Janus, we're running out of time!"

Janus scowled out at Sombra, then at the heart. "Then I guess we just have to go for broke." He took a running leap.

"Janus!"

With the sound of glass shattering, the room was suddenly filled with blackness. Spikes shoved upward, growing from the floor itself in a ring around the crystal heart. Knocked to one side by the sudden triggering of the trap spell, Twilight shook the dizzyness and spots from her vision to sit up. "Janus!"

"I'm okay!" His voice came from the other side. "I'm sorta pinned in here, but I'm all right! Do you see the Crystal Heart?"

Twilight looked around in concern, finding it laying at her feet. "Its here! I got it!"

"Good... you know what to do."

She looked up at the line of black crystals. "What about you?"

"I'll be fine, Twi. You can get me out of here once that Sombra jerk is dealt with."

Twilight nodded sadly. He had a point. "Okay. I'll be coming back for you."

"Good. Give that sucker a punch in the nose for me, will ya?"

Twilight grinned. "I will." She levitated up the heart and turned toward the nearest alcove. Getting up was a pain, but getting down?

In the distance the shield failed - it was now urgent she do so as quick as possible.

She walked around the outer ledge until she could look down and see the balcony on which Cadence was laying sprawled out, exhaustion having taken its toll. The pink alicorn was ringed by Shining, Rainbow, and their guards, ready to defend her from the black mass that started to advance forward.

"... as Janus said, go for broke..."

Twilight took a leap off the spire.

Her horn flared brightly, guiding her descent. From her vantage in mid-air she could see the black crystals overtaking the city. Riding one that was growing straight for the palace she could see a black, badly corrupted unicorn, riding atop it like a beast of burden. His eyes were set on Cadence and her friends.

No. Not again. This time I won't be so easily defeated.

She used her magic to nudge herself toward a nearby black crystal that was nearly touching the palace and slid along it, holding the crystal heart aloft.

"Hay, Mister McSnooty!" She shouted, waving the Crystal Heart before her and drawing the dark unicorn's attention. "Come and get me!" She leapt onto another black crystal, sliding away from him around the backside of the castle.

Honesty.

She has admitted she has a problem.

Kindness.

The Crystal Ponies needed her help.

Loyalty..

She had to protect her friends.

Generosity.

She was going to place herself between Sombra and her friends.

Laughter.

... and she was going to enjoy every minute of it.

She bounced from one black crystal to the other, finally landing on the balcony, her horn glowing a brilliant white which shot out a blinding white sphere to strike the crystal Sombra was riding on. She grinned as, as she had hoped, it snapped cleanly. Sombra actually looked down in surprise, before shooting her a hate-filled glare, then fell. The collapsing spire deposited the black unicorn unceremoniously onto a street a block or so from the palace.

Twilight turned to Cadence. "I found it! Quick, that won't delay him for long!"

Cadence was already climbing to her hooves, smiling at the crystal heart as if it was her long-lost savior. She plucked it in her forehooves and used her wings to glide to the ground level in the midst of the panicking Crystal Ponies.

"The Crystal Heart has returned. Use the light and love within you to ensure that King Sombra does not!" The Princess announced triumphantly, holding the heart aloft in her slowly regrowing magic. All around her the Crystal ponies stopped their panic, looking on in awe before bowing to their new ruler. From the center of the palace outward, a white glow spread, washing over everypony and everything, vaporizing the black crystals.

From the black cloud surrounding the city, there was a roar of pain and surprise.

When the light faded out, Twilight opened her eyes.

Light her physical form, her heart was a reflective glow of peace.

.....

"I do so wish it was permanent. Did you see how my mane just absolutely sparkled?" Rarity smiled, prancing in place on the snow-covered platform that was serving as an interim train station for the Crystal Empire.

"Rarity, hun... good things are better when they're..." A.J. smiled; "...a rarity..."

The fashionista shot her friend a shy smile. "I should slap you for that one."

"Really." The handicapped farmer, smirked.

To one side, another, just as awkward conversation was happening. "Everything's okay now. We've also gotta stop saving each other's rump like this. It's starting to get embarrassing."

Twilight smiled at her brother. "Well... we do have interesting lives."

"All the more reason I have to keep an eye on this particular stallion." The white unicorn gave the blue one a playful shove. "And... well... thanks. For looking out for my sister."

"Shining Armor, are you actually warming up to me?" Janus smirked.

"Don't push your luck."

The whistle of the train could be heard, along with the chugging of it slowly grinding into the station. As it slowed to a stop, the group of ponies prepared to board.

"Twilight. Did it help?"

"Hmm?" Twilight glanced at Janus.

"Princess Celestia's little mission, here?"

"Maybe." The purple unicorn looked thoughtful. "Just a little. I can face my fears, now."

Janus hugged her close. "C'mon. Let's get back to our daughter."

.....

And so started the next chapter in my long, and overly interesting life. In retrospect, I probably should have paid more attention to what was going on around me as I buried myself in my new life as a mother, Librarian, and soon-to-be wife.

If I had just paid closer attention to my friends, the next problem that came my way might not have happened...

Author's Note:

No cute Moonlight in this chapter, but this something I promised myself I'd at least write to get it out of the way.

Teeth-meltingly cute Moonlight in the next chapter! I Pinkie Promise!

Comments ( 62 )

Great chapter.

Can't wait for your next one! :pinkiehappy:

so... MMC :pinkiehappy:

So is a horde of Pinkie Pies going to ruin Twilight's wedding rehearsal?

I like it how you make Twilight bere much more attentive and logical. It makes your story a little different from the show. Even better in some ways. Like you're fixing the flaws of the show.

I'm really interested to see what happens next. Particularly the 'Magic duel' - probably the only S3 episode I didn't enjoy. So much that I even drew a comic.

3200401 Hehe. I like that comic. :P I've already been thinking on how Magic Duel can go down. It won't be like your comic, but will be more in line with my AU here. It'll be fun - and cute. Trust me. :twilightsmile:

I love this. :) I can't wait for the next chapter!

That was your third fav -> you just earned a follower.

3200608 I hope so :). I didn't really like the 'Magic Duel' episode for one particular reason - because it was completely unnecessary.

Trixie was wronged in 'Boast Busters', by ponyvillians acting like dicks and mane 6 being completely OOC, while Trixie herself didn't do anything wrong and was just performing her job by realizing her talent and dealing with hecklers like a good performer should. And after watching some other comedians like Jimmy Carr, I see that it could have been much worse. At least Trixie didn't call them names and didn't insult their mothers.

She didn't deserve anything that happened to her between the two episodes and there was no need for finding the amulet and trying to get revenge on Twilight.

So, i'm really looking forward to seeing what are you going to do with it :twilightsmile:.

It's an interesting way to look at the story under different circumstances. But Spike rising to the occasion is what really made this story so good the first time around.
You may want to double-check the chapter a couple more times for grammatical errors.
Looking forward to the next chapter.

3202722 My problem with boast busters isn't the mane 6 or anything, in fact rainbow dash was being herself and she felt threatened they did make jokes on the fact that rainbow dash is the same way as Trixie in that way. but Twilight was actually never to blame for any of it, in fact if you actually gone to see the episode she was refusing to actually take action against Trixie, and honestly fluttershy was perfect herself (seeing as she wasn't even there.) Applejack being old fashioned can easily be said to be against Trixie for more the fact she's showing off magic more than anything else. :trixieshiftright:

So to keep it short Trixies "revenge" is ill-founded and rather misplaced, if anything nshe should be angry with snips and snails for bringing the Ursa minor there, Twilight only stepped in because she was pretty much without options. but that ends my lecture for the day class, remember to do your homework and to review your notes! :pinkiesmile:

this is no offence to you and honestly I did this because I at this very moment of making this had ABSOLUTLY nothing better to do. I hope you take this in stride and laugh about it. :twilightsmile:

I enjoyed this chapter, and hopefully you have twice as fun making it as I did reading it!

A gentle breeze guide your way, a loving smile to welcome you home. :twilightsmile:

3205156 With all these comments referencing Magic Duel, I'm wanting to do that chapter next even though its three down the line! :derpyderp1:

3205156 Well, yes, I just forgot to mention that part. Twilight was also not at fault for simply standing up for the town and she wanted nothing to do with Trixie. And she definitely wasn't trying to upstage or humiliate her.
So yes, Trixie's vengeance was misplaced.

As for the mane 6, well even if they indeed acted within their character (which I believe they didn't), they still acted like jerks, hackling and interrupting Trixie's performance.

Well, tl;dr Trixie didn't do anything wrong and didn't deserve all the bad things that happened to her

3205355 Agreed. and it is irrational of them to be annoyed by Trixie with Rainbow Dash, so yes I fully agree on the matter they were the ones at fault for blowing it out of proportions, as my stupid teachers (but wise and smart, don't ask me how that works.) said "Don't make something with those who grab for attentions it only makes it that much harder to get away from." :scootangel: which I totally didn't follow through with myself! :scootangel:

on more key, as author said this matter should be reserved for abit later, but better a good rush then a late one I think. :twilightsmile:

Gentle breeze guide your path, and a welcoming smile awaits you home. :twilightsmile:

3205171 Sorry, just goes to show how good you are to make us want to see some of my our favorite sights, and how the characters well react. which I think it'd be fairly halious with a child being involved now (besides our dear Dragon ling Spike) :twilightsmile:

More,:flutterrage: I. NEED. MORE!!!!!!
Great work on this chapter, keep em coming, PLEASE :fluttercry:

Honesty.
She has admitted she has a problem.
Kindness.
The Crystal Ponies needed her help.
Loyalty..
She had to protect her friends.
Generosity.
She was going to place herself between Sombra and her friends.
Laughter.
... and she was going to enjoy every minute of it.

mmmmm the sudden mention of the Elements of Harmony, as well as Twilight somehow representing their qualities, the distinct lack of the element of "Magic".... Holy shit, you are gonna have Twilight become an Alicorn when she duels Trixie aren't you? :pinkiehappy: i love it :pinkiecrazy:

well no Moonlight in this chapter but still, what a chapter :twilightsmile:, some adorable moments, some really exiting, i love the way you made the chase scene, so organized :pinkiehappy:, and near the end that bit with Shinning and Janus, that put a smile on my face :twilightsmile: also loving every bit of interaction between Twilight and Janus, its just so adorable

3212693

Holy shit, you are gonna have Twilight become an Alicorn when she duels Trixie aren't you?

Ohh man, I hope Twilight chews the hell out of Celestia if that's the case. I kinda get the sense that right now, she would NOT be amused by that particular turn of events.

Something along the lines of...

:twilightangry2: "Well thanks Celestia! Now I can look forward to watching practically every pony I know, my husband, and my daughter and my friends wither away before my very eyes, spending eternity watching a parade of ponies sicken and die before me!"
:trollestia: "I just did what I thought was bes..."
:twilightangry2: "WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS BEST? HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY CONSIDER THIS TO BE THE BEST TURN OF EVENTS FOR ME!!!"

meh

this is really no diffrent than the show... and janus is now just there for the ocaisonal "woah" or "janus do this, that "

hes nowhere near the same character from the last story.

if you want him to be better then add a little more mysteriousness to him or a little badassery... as it stands now there is no reason in hell as to why he was picked by the nightmare over the however many males in the world

In one day I read the three stories you wrote... In one day I lost my sanity, gasped all the oxygen out of my room, broke my cheek bones from smiling so much, messed up my lungs from laughing a lot, dried out my eyes from sad scenes (or the happy cries), and scared myself so much that I went into a coma... Any story that can do that is...

AWESOME! Good job! BroHoof /) !!!

Oh and by the way... You're paying for any damage done to me...

Soooooo...any updates for this in the pipeline? :twilightsheepish:

3841128 Meh... whenever I can find the time between college, job searching, and my other (non-pony) projects. I knew this would be inconsistent in posting when I first thought it up. :pinkiesick:

3433163 i second all of that:pinkiecrazy:

3841540 nah... it's all good. As long as it isn't cancelled.

Mr. Author, sir, I'm still here, waiting for an update...just thought I'd let you know. Kthxbai :twilightsmile:

I hope there is more soon love this :heart::heart::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

I really like this story i really hope you make a new chapter soon:twilightsmile:

any word as to when or if this is going to update? I hope this continues, I hate to see a good story languish and die

Teeth-meltingly cute Moonlight in the next chapter! I Pinkie Promise!

:fluttershysad:

Just sayin'...:duck:

When can we expect the next amazing chapter? I'm dying to read it.

Pm me for the next chap can't wait

Where's the next chapter!

That was an interesting recap and twist to the Season 3 opener good job Look forward to the next chapter :twilightsmile:

You Pinkie Promised to make a new chapter! :pinkiesmile: Where is it?! It's been over a year! :flutterrage:

We're now working on two years, just starting but hay. Any word on updates on this or is it another one of those stories that just died

3841540 Dude, keep going! :applecry:

THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!! Oh my gosh I need more!!!!!:rainbowkiss:raritycry::

5887234 I agree with you ll the way...:rainbowderp::twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::raritycry:
Night

Sooo.... any updates?

I made the like counter bump up to 421 instead of 420. I'm happy now.

Hiatus since 2013.

DAMNIT!

You know, one of the lines is "Hope to die." Please say you (and this story) aren't dead.

Please finish the story:twilightsmile: I look forward to what happens in the end:rainbowkiss:

Yay, another series that's died..... I sure can pick'em

When will hiatus end and updates flow???

can we get an update on this pleas.
(brings out defibrillator) clear

I would have though the empire would have came back while twilight was mia,
anyway good group of story I be hope for more

NUUUU I must know what happens the trilogy must be completed

Login or register to comment