• Published 19th May 2013
  • 1,439 Views, 37 Comments

Tidbits of Mast and Sail - Habanc



Ye 'Ole Collection of Ships

  • ...
3
 37
 1,439

Key

Author's Note:

This a prompt written for the TwiLuna Prompt Tag Collab.

"Gah!"

Twilight sprung away. She didn't get far, however. A sharp pull on her hoof dropped her like a sack of potatoes.

"Oof!"

Luna lurched up, her stomach having been crushed by Twilight's weight. Looking around, she tried to break free, only to find her forehooves immobile.

"Twilight?"

"Hey there, Luna..." Twilight trailed of sheepishly. She tried her best to look anywhere but her equine cushion.

"What– what are you doing here?" Luna, for her part, was doing her best keep her composure.

"I... I don't know."

Luna paused for a moment, the cogs in her head finally sputtering to life. Her eyes drifted from the bed and up towards Twilight. "Did we–"

"Maybe?" Twilight blurted out.

"So that's why you're–"

"–Yeah."

"But I can't remember anything."

"I can't either."

"Well, this is awkward."

"I know. But– no, nevermind..."

"What?–"

"–Nothing."

"Twilight–"

"–It's nothing."

"Fine."

The two laid there, avoiding each other's gaze. Luna looked up. To her surprise, her hooves were encased in magical hoofcuffs, bound by a magenta beam of magic.

"Did... did you do this?" Luna asked.

"I would think so. Although," she lifted up one of her own hooves with its own cuff, a navy band of energy connecting it to one of Luna's forelegs, "you did it too."

"Dammit," Luna murmured. "Do you remember the key you set?"

Twilight shook her head. "No." She focused her own magic on Luna's hoofcuffs. "I... I can't break the foreign magic deflection, either."

Luna scanned her own arcane work. "I– I must've made this myself. There's no way I can remember the combinations now."

"So, are we stuck here?" Twilight's voice quieted.

"I... I think so." Luna groaned. "Whip me with Orion's belt, I'm such a fool!"

Twilight's ears and cheeks tinted. "Well, I mean, if you want me to, I guess I wouldn't mind..."

"Huh?"

She flushed further. "N–n–nothing."

Luna sighed, fixing the young alicorn with a stare. The moments passed by, and Twilight began to shy away.

"You're hiding something," Luna surmised.

"What?" Twilight perked up, looking down at her.

"You keep muttering things and then denying it."

"I do not!"

Luna regarded her flatly. "What is it, Twilight?"

"N– nothing."

"See!" Luna jangled her forehooves about, in a pitiful effort to wave them. "There's that 'nothing' again."

"N– no!"

Luna paused for moment. "Was... was last night your first–"

"–No!" Twilight clamped her free hoof over Luna's mouth. Her face was beet-red. "No, it was– just no!"

Luna waggled an eyebrow at her.

"I mean it!" Twilight took her hoof off Luna's mouth and threatened her with it.

"Fine..." Luna sighed. "Then, that only leaves one more possibility." She gave the younger alicorn a sympathetic look. "You must be completely, maddeningly, uncontrollably smitten with me."

Twilight pressed her hoof into Luna's chest, leaning in close to her. "I– I– I am not!"

Luna nodded gravely. "I'm afraid to say this, but you are. All the tell-tale signs are there. The blushing, the stammering, the obvious exclusion of the fact that you would like to bed me again. It's plain to see."

"Luna!"

"Fortunately, I know just the key to unlock this conundrum. Come closer, Twilight, and I shall tell you."

Begrudgingly, Twilight drew nearer.

"Closer..."

Twilight was nearly breathing on her.

Luna sprung forward and kissed her. When she drew back, she found the wide-eyed, astonished Twilight Sparkle.

"Granted, I do not stammer or blush like you do, but... I fear I am sick too."