• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 903 Views, 49 Comments

Pokemon NightlySilver - Luna Cosmic Nightmane



Welcome to the world of Pokemon where ponies have Pokemon as pets or train them into battle so just jump in and be careful of tall grasses!

  • ...
4
 49
 903

Chapter 1: New Adventure

...
...
Yawnnnnnn huh? what?! It is already that late?!

Oh no! I overslept!

"Sorry to keep you waiting welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Professor Linden. But everyone calls me Pokemon Professor, before we go any further, I'd like to tell you a few things that you should know about this world!"This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokemon."

Professor Linden pulls out Pokeball and presses the button, releasing an Eevee.

"We humans live alongside Pokemon as friends. At times we play together,and at other times we work together. Some people use their Pokemon to battle and develop closer bonds with them." said Linden.

He then proceeds to withdraw Eevee into its Pokeball.

"Now why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself." Do you understand the nights or do you understand the day. Won't you please tell me?" asked Linden.

"I am the princess of the night. I have been understanding the nights since my birth." said Luna.

"And won't you please tell me your name?" asked Linden.

"My name is Luna" said Luna.

I see, that is very interesting. Well, anyway... Luna! Are you ready? Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold. Fun experiences, difficult experiences, there's so much waiting for you! Dreams! Adventures! Let's go to the Pokemon world! I'll see you later!" shouted Professor Linden as the world faded to black.


Luna awoke to the pain of falling out of her bed.

"Ow....that hurts" Luna groaned in pain.

The princess of the night heard the sound of frantically stomping hooves coming towards her room.

"Princess! Are you okay?!" said the guard.

"I'm fine, royal guard, I just fell off the bed" Luna assured, picking herself up from the polished wood floor.
"Are you sure? Did you get hurt badly?" asked the guard, concerned for his princess's safety.

"No...not too much, but I'm fine" Luna stressed, putting on a smile to ensure that she was not harmed.

"Well....okay, good to see you're safe." the guard eased, relieved that nothing was wrong,and went downstairs.

"Since I'm awake now, might as well go to the PC." Luna decided while walking to the PC.

At the PC, she opened up her mailbox to check if anypony had sent her any messages.

"Hmmm... let's see oh I got a email from my "big sister", Tia." She proceeded to click on the mail, opening it.

"Finally, I'm old enough to go on a adventure! I'm really excited to see Pokemon and you will come too. I will see you later, Luna!" the e-mail from Celestia said.

Luna decided to pass the time playing on the computer for ten minutes.

"Well...I've had enough fun on the PC; might as well go downstairs."concluded Luna as she trotted towards her bedroom door to go downstairs.

When she reached the bottom of the staircase she was met by the guard from earlier, "Hi,Luna! I see you recovered from that fall. Your sister Princess Celestia was just here.She is probably outside somewhere.Oh, I almost forgot! our acquaintance, Professor Cedar, was looking for you." said the Guard

"Why was he was looking for me?" asked Luna

"He said he had a favor to ask of you." the guard responded

"What kind of favor?" Luna asked, confused as to what the Professor would want.

"He said something about pokemon but it's best for you to figure out." said the guard

"Well, okay,if it has to do with pokemon then I'm willing to help out." Luna stated excitedly

"So, anyway, do you have everything you need to go out?" inquired the guard.

"Why do I need something when I'm just going next door" retorted the princess.

"Cause you're going to town to town and you need your things to get ready for what's out there." responded the guard

"Fine, at least I'm going somewhere." said Luna

" Here's your trainer card..." the guard said as he handed her a card.

"I'm now going to be a trainer and I'm ready for anything that is out there" said Luna confidently

The two spent time packing and preparing things that the princess would need on her adventure. After all, she couldn't go in unprepared. The whole task only took about five minutes until Princess Luna was perfectly fit for the outside world.

"And that all you need. Stay safe out there." advised the guard

"Thank you, royal guard, I will." said Luna while walking out the door

(Canterlot Garden)

Making her way outside, she took a deep breath, then let it out, "Ah, fresh air! Now, better go to the lab." Luna decided.

"Luna! there you are." Celestia shouted while trotting to Luna

"Tia, why did you wake up so early?" Luna asked, putting on a smile

"Well, I'm excited to get my very own pokemon!" Celestia cheered giddily, overexcited at the thought of a big adventure.

"I'm excited too...Finally we can travel the world!" Luna exclaimed confidently.

"Hey lets go to the lab together to get our very first pokemon!" Celestia suggested.

"Ok! lets go together to get our very own first pokemon." Luna agreed with a smile

With their minds made up, the duo made their way through the gardens, excitedly chatting about their expectations of their future adventure. The time they spent came to an abrupt end as they saw the door leading to the lab. Opening the door, they were met by a familiar professor pony.

"Luna and Celestia! There you two are! I need to ask you two a favor. I'm conducting new Pokémon research right now. I was wondering if your royal highnesses could help me with it. You see, I'm writing a paper that I want to present at a conference. But there are some things I don't quite understand yet. So! I'd like you to raise a Pokémon that I recently caught." finished Professor Cedar with a lightly pleading smile.

"Yes! we are willing to help you Professor!" said the both of princesses in unison

"Thank you, your royal highnesses! You're a great help! When I announce my findings, I'm sure we'll delve a bit deeper into the many mysteries of Pokémon. You can count on it! Oh, hey! I got an e-mail!

Professor Cedar turned to the PC and opened his inbox, checking the message. "Hm... Uh-huh... Okay. Hey, listen. I have an acquaintance called Mr. Pokémon. He keeps finding weird things and raving about his discoveries. Anyway, I just got an e-mail from him saying that this time it's real. It is intriguing, but we're busy with our Pokémon research..."

The stallion paused in thought before coming to a conclusion, "Wait! I know! Luna and Celestia, can you go in our place? I want you to raise one of the Pokémon contained in these Balls. You'll be that Pokémon's first partner! Go on. Pick one!" Professor Cedar encouraged, excited about how close his research was to completion.

"Um...you go first, Luna, I'm a little nervous right now" Celestia receded, unsure of what Pokeball to choose from.

"Okay then, at least I get my first Pokemon..." Luna said as she walked to a Pokeball, "But this is the hardest decision of my life... What should I choose?" Luna wondered, as this Pokemon would be one she would have for the entirety of her journey. This wouldn't be a simple decision for the princess of the night.

To Be Continue.....

Author's Note:

Sorry... I can't remember what starter I chose back in the day because it's been a thousand years or more. But I could count on my dearest readers to choose the starter for me. I'll put the Pokemon choices down in the comments and, if you want me to have that starter, just thumbs it up and the most voted will be my starter.

Comments ( 48 )

Should I choose the fire-type pokemon Cyndaquil?

Should I choose the water-type pokemon Totodile?

Should I choose the grass-type pokemon Chikorita?

Trixie is best Trainer

Ummm, is this basically ponies replacing humans in the pokemon world?:unsuresweetie:

Should I choose the water-type pokemon Mudkip?

Oh please oh please oh please oh please OH PLEASE pick Chikorita!! Chikorita is ADORABLE!!!

2861522
Then vote its down in the comment

This story needs so much grammatical work, it is insane. Honestly, who's typing this? And why does it sound TOO much like Pokemon? Why, of all ponies, were the Princesses nominated? Couldn't you make up OCs for this matter? Plus, from what I've gathered, this "Rainbow" in the Prologue isn't Rainbow Dash. It's just Rainbow; it clearly states in the summary that there was a legend. Either it really is Rainbow Dash and we're reading about the legend itself, or something is REALLY out of chronological order.

Good luck with this, buddy. Just... good luck.

2861642
Oh because its almost exactly the same as the game that's why and I have no ideas for a Oc for the main so yeah....

Dude, how convenient. I'm reading this story, and at the very bottom of the page, there's a Facebook ad about Pokemon.

2861650 If I gave you some names and general descriptions, would you use them instead? I disagree the Princesses should have this role.

2861660
Its already too late anyway....and why do you disagree on the role

2861665 The hell it's too late. All you'd have to do is just go back and change where Celestia and Luna was used & replace it with said OC. I guess they'd have to be siblings, for one, and royalty, for two, since the Royal Guard was with Luna that morning. Or you could change that dudes job and name as well...

2861686
what if I told you they were fillies cause a right age for adventure?

2861703 I would ask you to put that in the story somewhere then. That is a critical detail.

2861730
I just put this up today and something already went wrong like I already have OC names for the gym leaders

2861736 Did you expect it to take off? Well, so did I when I posted my Alicorn OC, but now it's finished with 25 chapters, 11 likes, and 13 dislikes. At least you have a positive count of likes, cry me a river. I'll go rafting on it.

EDIT: For now. Looks like it's getting dangerously close to turning negative.

2861815
oh well I'm going to work with the next chapter soon I need a break with this

2861826 I need a permanent break from this story. And here I am, with 8 years of Pokemon experience, thinking I'd give this a chance. *snorts*

2861853
I'm not giving up I played Pokemon since gold and I've gone through this before...just give this a little chance it will be good soon

2861862 Let me share with you a little something. A list:

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Silver
Hey you, Pikachu!
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Pokemon DIamond
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon White
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
And I've already preordered Pokemon X.

That's my history of Pokemon, in that order. If you've got a better list than me, then write a better crossover than I can. And I know I already have you beat. I have not just one but two handwritten Human-In-Pokeverse stories, one in 3rd-person about Lily who turns into a Gardevoir, and a role play where my friends and I take roles of our favorite Pokemon such as Raichu, Blaziken, Luxray, Rapidash, Meganium, Charizard, Froslass, and more, where we save Belle Town from a Shadow Pokemon invasion led by Giratina.

Tell you what: I'll put this on my read later list.

2861928
I almost have the same list as you upset I didn't played pokemon red or stadium also but did play poke park 1 and 2 wonders beyond also already have the pre order for Y and what you expect something different this is like SoulSilver but have differences
Edit: did play pokemon rumble,pokemon platinum,and battle colosseum also pokemon black 2

2861948 DAMNIT WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT POKEMON POKEMON IS AWESOME WE SHAN'T BE ARGUING ABOUT THIS!

Umm...

I... hope I got my point out, there... Anywho, I wanna stop this. From one Pokemon trainer to another, I wish you luck on your fanfic. As I said, I've put this on my read later list.

Umm... One more thing, if I may? I just visited your home page, where I saw your Black2 team. I suddenly got this urge to tell you my team, between trainers, you know? I don't wanna sound like an ass or anything... May I?

2861977
if you want to battle me on wi-fi just give me your friend code and your name I will show you my battling skills
Edit: just for fun and we are the same here right? peace...

2861985 umm, no, I just wanted to share, in a similar way that you have, a couple of my best pokemon. I'm asking for permission first.

2862068
eh ok just wanted to battle thats all

2862077 I'll fill you in on a PM

2861853

I need a permanent break from this story.

I'm sure that if I, as the proofreader for all things grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and suggestive (not that kind), can be willing to proofread this to the end, I'm sure you should be able to simply read a more advanced product. :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

2862285 What? Anyone can proofread and edit this, even I could.

2862746 Would you do it without complaints?

2862784 This might sound dumb, but... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Are you asking if I'd take up the role of proofreader/editor without complaining? Well... I could do it, but I'd probably still think them, to be honest.
Unfortunately, I've already done my share of complaining.

2864316 Yes, that was my question.

My retort would be that I have learned the art of the open mind and am using it to help others in the fandom. My reasoning for proofreading is that I want to help others become better writers kinda like how I have.

I've done a ton of papers, whether they are research or creative writing, and I've learned many things from those experiences. I've made it my duty to help others learn these things as well, but with the help of another person, rather than with yourself and a grammar/spelling/punctuation book.

2864584 As you can probably tell with my typing, I also have quite the bit of experience in this field. Not only have I written those two Pokeverse stories, I've also written multiple mini-works in school, and I've got 6 fics published here.
Since Kindergarten I've had a knack for writing. (well, all things, actually: I was the top of my class in every subject up until 3rd grade) I've been writing for a very long time, mostly on my own. All the grammar & spelling classes back in school is what I still go by now, and other than that, I've always been a lone wolf.

If I wanted to teach someone, it would come out in a format of auto-correct. That's why I cant proofread/edit. I don't have the patience for other people.

2865280

If I wanted to teach someone, it would come out in a format of auto-correct. That's why I cant proofread/edit. I don't have the patience for other people.

I think that's an understandable reasoning. That's probably the main thing a proofreader needs when working with first-timers: patience to help guide them to the end.
If the person who's writing already knows how to write, but only has a few grammar mistakes, it's only a matter of listing all the mistakes made once every thousand words. The person who wrote the story just needs to correct these as they're just simple errors that were looked over.

A first-timer does not have the experience putting out many stories and, while having knowledge of what to do in general, would not have the experience tied with creating many stories or writing several research papers.

2865347 On this site, (said person) asked me to proofread one chapter of (said story). According to him, I did a very good job. Since this guy was relatively good, I took the offer. I was to look through his rough draft & point out any mistakes or inconsistencies I found.
Since he said I did a good job, I started offering proofreading services, but quickly found it rather tedious, monotonous, and boring.

Therefore, I could do it. I guess I think it's just boring and would rather write my own story.

That said, I wish you luck with this story. And good luck to you too, Princess of the Night.

2865413 That's one of the reasons why I don't have too many proofreading projects happening at the same time. I'm spreading them out as I take my summer vacation.

And thank you, I wish you luck writing as well, Blazing.

3319141
Well as soon I get more ideas...then you shall get more....

3319141
But thank you very much for the support I'm sure the second chapter will come out very soon hopefully...

3321593 oo I have an idea what if Luna's starter Pokemon is lunastone and Celestia 's was sole rock

3322168
Sorry for the late reply....this is exactly like heartgold and soulsilver so I can't do that but I can make Luna catch a Lunastone and Celestia catch a Solrock...

Comment posted by Luna Cosmic Nightmane deleted Nov 8th, 2013
Comment posted by Luna Cosmic Nightmane deleted Jun 18th, 2014
Login or register to comment