• Published 20th May 2013
  • 713 Views, 12 Comments

Equestrian Revelations - DuskApproaches



Equestria, the land that is made from dreams. And I am in it, the people are nice and there are many things to do around here. I was happy until I discovered the truth.

  • ...
5
 12
 713

Prologue

Where am I?

I sat up and looked down at my arms. My scars were gone and my missing finger was back.

Great, I thought. I'm dead. Oh well, that doesn't matter. I seem to be in a forest. Obviously, the first thing to do would be to leave. I got up and started to walk. Quickly did I realize that I have absolutely no idea where I’m going. Is this what the afterlife looks like? The outlandish appearance of my surroundings suggested that maybe there is going to be dragons and unicorns.

I made out my general direction by looking at the sun's position in the sky. I was still deciding which direction to head in when I heard commotion in the west. It was hard to hear, but it was close so I ran as fast as I could to the source of the disturbance. It didn’t take long for me to see what was happening: A giant-flying-lion-thingy about 3 metres tall was fighting a much smaller flying creature. Gee, there seems to be a lot of flying creatures around here.

I slapped myself to focus on the situation. The fight was a bit one-sided. It was mostly just the lion-thingy attacking the horse-thingy. In any other situation, I would be inclined to help the underdog so that is what I did. I dashed behind the lion hoping to get a surprise attack. The lion, however, perceived this movement much quicker than I expected and turned to face me. He swiped both his claws at me, but I managed to dodge them with ease by evading to the left and right avoiding each swipe. Then he tried to step on me. I immediately dodged this by executing a forward dive. I was now under the chest of the lion and turned onto my back. I kicked upwards into the connecting point of the rib cage. This caused the lion to get up on its hind legs.

I saw an opportunity in his tactical error. I quickly got up and pointed my elbow at the point the rib cage ends. I balled my hand on that arm into a fist. With my other hand, I pushed my first hand forward and the rest of my body followed. All of the air in the lion’s lungs where knocked out the moment my elbow made contact causing the lion to bend forward.

I swung both my arms to my bottom right and my body followed. The force from my arms gave myself enough strength to spin my body in a sideways somersault in the air. Halfway through the circle I extended my right leg. The heel of my foot hit the top of the lion’s head. There was a lot of recoil from the kick, but I managed to land and balance on both feet.
The fact that the lion stopped moving made it obvious that it was now unconscious. After further analysis, I noticed that the lion had a scorpion tail and a bat’s wings. What the fuck!? Man, this’s lion’s mom must have fucked every animal in the animal kingdom. I guess the top of the food chain can do that. Why does it feel like I forgot something important? Oh yes, I had to save the flying horse.

I turned around to look at the horse. I could tell that the horse was much more afraid of me than it was of the lion. I guess that is only logical. I approached the horse-thingy. It tried to fly away but its wings were injured and it couldn't get itself off the ground. I studied it and i asked it

"Sup?"

Author's Note:

Oh my god I am terrible at describing things. Any constructive criticism is appreciated. Comments like "you are a cunt" are not, people seems to have trouble understanding that

Thanks to sweeT2010Tooth for fixing the format. Thanks to fimfiction for messing it up again.