• Published 18th May 2013
  • 1,063 Views, 32 Comments

Maybe once you do know - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 33 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 32
 1,063

Chapter 1

Maybe once you do...

Chapter 1 – Maybe one you do know

Twilight's wide smile is still pinned to the bright red apple as it lofts in the air in front of its puppet master.

Violet's happy smile joins in with Twilights as the apple suddenly drops from its light blue encasement.

"Yes yes yes yes." Twilight quickly springs to the filly sitting on the ground in front of her as the apple stops its escaping roll around the floor. The light purple filly wiggles her legs happily as her mother picks her up in a happy spin.

You give a slight chuckle to their motion as you look around the field of burned apples that sit around where you are on the floor...I didn't get a spinning hug for burning ten apples. You wiggle your nose to the charred apples around you, well maybe not a spinning hug but a pat on the back would had been ni...-

"Good job buddy, you burned ten of sweet apple acres finest apples in a minute." Spike's claws pats against your back but unlike what you wanted the claws feel more like tiny cactus points.

You inche you back forward as you talk, "Ya, its great."

You hold your smile to him for a moment before you look back to Twilight who now sits the filly back down to her pillow on the floor, "Is that enough?"

The lavender mare turns her head back to you as she gives you a smile, "Nope."

"What? Why?" You squint at her comment as you give a unwilling yawn, "...It's too early."

Twilight gives a giggle as she looks to the window that is just now starting to get a glow from the rising sun, "Filly magic is always better to use in the morning."

You nod your head as you continue, "Ok but why do I have to do magic?"

"Because according to you and Spike Violet has some unusual spells." Twilight's tone changes as she continues, "But I think it was just a one time thing otherwise she should had done it again by now."

You squint your eyes at the happy filly behind Twilight as you think, ya you only want to teleport and turn things to frost to me don't you. Even though your gaze has a slight firmness to it it softens as you watch the little filly give a yawn.

"...So thats why I need you to practice ok?"

You blankly give a nod to Twilight as you shift your gaze from Violet but you give a sly smile you look back to the lavender mare.

But before you can talk Twilight's voice starts back up as her hoof is brought to her chest in a know it all fashion, "...Besides Violet doesn't seem to have a..." Her own voice is cut off as she gives a yawn, "...Problem being up this early."

Your smile widens as you motion your head to the now sleeping filly curled up on the pillow behind her.

Twilight turns her head as she looks over the filly for a moment, "Well...I guess it is a little too earl.-"

Before her sentence is even complete Spike stands from his seat and gives a claw cracking stretch, "Alright everypony see ya later." He gives a smile as he points his claws to you both and then walks out of the room.

You try to follow his motion as Twilight scoops the little filly into her hold. You stand from the burnt apple cores around you.

"Oh we're not going back to sleep."
You stare at her in confusion for a moment as she walks up the stairs, "You and me are going to continue working on magic."

With a sigh you sit your flank back down to the ground as you watch the lavender mare vanish upstairs...you bring your hooves to your head as you try to relieve the headache. Since that poison joke stuff yesterday your head has been in a pressure like pain, the worst part about it is every time you try a spell like Twilight tells you it just hurts worst....and you keep lighting things on fire. But strangely that is starting to no longer bother you.

The sound of hooves coming back to the stairs brings you from your mind as you look to the pony.

"Alright first things first you need to read over your old magic reports." She holds a smile as she floats down a stack of paper to you.

The stack lands in front of you, no way....I did not write all of this. You up to her as you shake your head, "Come on I have to read all of this stuff?"

She doesn't talk as she holds her wide eyed smile.

You give an annoyed sigh as you pick the first page up. You study it for a moment in silence as you think over the words.

"What do you think?" Twilight gets closer as you continue to read.

You give a little laugh as you move the page back to the pile, "That this handwriting sucks."

Her smile grows a little as she trots herself over to you, "You said hand!"

You squint at her happiness as you talk, "What?"

Twilight rolls her eyes as she lets out a slightly annoyed huff, "Just keep reading."

Your headache grows as you pick the next page and start to read,

Dear Sirlestia,

Twilight keeps telling me that I have to write you something on what I learned today. So what I learned today is Rainbow sucks at horseshoe tossing...

You give a laugh as you continue down the page. When you're done you place it back down on the stack and reach for another one. This definitely beats memory spells...

- - -

The sun now rest at the bottom of the window, it's still early morning but you no longer feel your tiredness; instead you actually start to enjoy all these letters.

Although as you look back to the pile you notice that you're holding the last one, "Hey Twilight how come there's only like ten?"

The lavender mare has moved from your side and now stands at a wooden podium reading a book. It takes her a moment before she can peel her eyes from the page, "What?"
"How come there are only a few pages, I thought you said I had been here for nine months?"

Her eyes drift down to the pages as she thinks for a moment, "Well you kind of stopped when you became a pony."

You nod your head as you place the page down, "ok well i'm done."

"Good, now come here i'm going to try the spell again."

yay...You make your way slowly to where she stands as you stop in front of her.

"Ready?"

You nod your head as you lean it forward, "Sure."

Your gaze is to the wood grain floor as you hear her horn's chiming start up. The sound slowly starts to creep towards your ears as the low chime becomes a ringing in your head. You force a low sigh as you close your eyes to let the spell move through you.

The sounds of the chime start to become lost as you now only can focus on your breathing. Like the spell usually does it plays through your previous memories, the first thoughts that come to mind are fresh and clear. A smile crosses your face as your mind runs through yesterday, note to self stay away from poison joke...

As the scene from the last few weeks continue to flow through your head begins to lose its cloudiness and the pressure in it begins to fade. Your eyes start to slowly drift open as the spell pushes you back to the day you were brought to the library. The feelings you got from seeing the lavender mare are still palpable as your mind rolls over them, however as that day starts to run past you the block the usually stops it in a sharp pain is absent. The gap only now feels like its a moment away, your eyes widen as you stare at the ground; the anticipation of what you know is about to come makes you only want it more.

As your wide eyed gaze sits on the wood a small drop of red liquid falls into your view. Your hearing drops from its inner self as it now picks up on the loud chiming followed by Twilight sniffling.

You jerk your head back breaking the spell and sending a pain similar to slamming a door on your tail but the pain rolls through your head not your body. Your voice is loud because of it as you quickly speak, "No more spells !"

She blinks at you silently as you continue, "...Your not going to hurt yourself for me got it? I told you you would never be hurt again that count m..-"

Your voice is cut off as she springs from her stance to a hug to you, her voice trembles a little as she talks, "You remember!"

You stand with her around you as your head starts to come out of its aura of pressure, her embrace is warm and happy but you have no idea as to why you think she believes you got your memories back. You bring up one hoof to her as you talk, "I...I don't I just don't want to see you hurt."

Twilight slowly breaks her hold of you as she tries to talk through her sniffle, "Oh..." Her mouth quivers as she fakes a smile, "...It's fine...I-I just going to go clean up then."

She blinks her gaze from you as she turns up the stairs silently.

You watch her leave as you swallow hard. You want to stop her but at the same time you don't want to see her sad eyes again, as a last resort you walk over to the table near Violet's high chair and sit down. You give a low sigh as you study the empty high chair.

End of chapter 1