• Published 21st May 2013
  • 2,889 Views, 18 Comments

A Lady's Mistake - xXLadyErica99Xx



Rarity notices her Spikey-Wikey's every move... His smile whenever he's around her, his mood lights up whenever he sees her. She knows what he feels towards her. But does she know how she feels towards him...?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,889

A visit is all she needs

As she prepares for a certain dragon to arrive at her boutique, she tries to fix the saddlebags filled with a variety of gems stones as they were overflowing with the large amount. Charging up her horn, a few gems that fell out of the bags floated their way back into the them. Suddenly, someone rang her doorbell. She rushed downstairs, preparing to turn the knob with her magic, only to remember the reason why he was visiting. Running back upstairs, she quickly gathered what she came to take and galloped back downstairs and finally answered the door.

"Hi, Rarity!" Getting greeted by a teenage dragon, she smiles at his presence.
"Good evening, darling! I suppose you'll be wanting these now..." She trailed off, now showing the gentledrake the bags filled with the treasures she dug and polished on her own. This caused the lilac and emerald colored dragon to slightly drool. That caused Rarity to chuckle silently, putting a hoof to her mouth. Snapping back to reality, the dragon quickly wiped off his saliva and opened his mouth.
"Thanks, Rarity... I... I don't know what to say... I'm sorry for drooling, though... It was rude of me..." The dragon apologized, standing up straight and scratching his neck.
"You are very welcome, Spikey-Wikey! Oh, by the way, these were collected at Rocky Hills, so I do hope you appreciate the taste..." Rarity responded, causing her cheeks to light a faint crimson. Spike just smiled at the beauty he got to witness and nodded.
"Understood! I love these! They're perfect! And I think I'll save some for their natural beauty... You picked them so well, not even a scratch noticeable! Usually, when ponies dig around Rocky Hills, the treasure they came for either gets ruined, or just plain crack, ruining the quality..." He finished, feeling proud as if he just gave the unicorn in front of him the fact of the day, or night, in this case...
Rarity let out a small laugh and surrounded a randomly picked gem with her blue aura. "They are pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. I'm really glad you enjoy them..."
"Yeah... Um... Thanks... I'm really glad you... Uh... Picked 'em..." The teenager said, unknowing what to say next. Silence filled the room, as the two both stood there. The dragon in the doorway, while the pony in the building.
After a few more minutes, the pony broke the silence by clearing her throat.
"Um... Would you like to stay for dinner? I haven't prepared anything yet, and you have to wait a little while..." She said, nervously laughing at the end.
"Oh! Uh... Sure! I don't mind waiting..." Spike said, clearing his throat as well.

The white unicorn invited him to enter, as he accepts. He walks directly to the displaying area, seeing himself in the three mirrors surrounding the middle. As for the unicorn, she makes her way to the kitchen, humming a tune to herself. Spike sits on a stool nearby, the humming filling his ears, causing him to smile softly. He looks around to pass the time. He sees a collection of clothing on a rack, some he recognized. For example, the dresses Rarity made for her fashion show. The memories filled his head. He remembered how he thought Rarity's career would go off the charts if he tells someone about her show! Seeing the famous fashion critic, Hoity Toity, around Ponyville, he decided to tell him! He was a fashion critic, after all, telling somepony how their taste in fashion was. Though... It didn't end very well for the mare of his dreams. He gave out a sigh in reality, the memories now getting stored back into the storage cabinet in his brain, locked up and safe for another time he remembers it. His nose suddenly gets filled with the delicious aroma of mashed potatoes and grilled steak. It made him drool all over again. After he cleaned up his Saliva on the floor and around his mouth, he made his way to the kitchen.

"Smells delicious..." He says, interrupting the unicorns humming.
"Oh! Spike! You're just in time! I have just arranged a meal for two, like promised! Give me a few more minutes to get things organized... Why don't you take a seat, hmm?" She said, turning back to the counter top and returned to her stirring. As asked, Spike takes a seat and watched the mare put the meal together. She plops two of the steaks onto the two plates she pulled out of the cupboards earlier. Mashed potatoes came next, as they were perfectly placed beside the two meat. Adding some peas on the side, she tops it all off with creamy gravy on the potatoes. Her magic took over at the moment, levitating and sending the plates filled with the delicious edibles onto the table. The dragon, still watching the unicorn, sees her pull out a wine bottle and two wine glasses. As usual, her magic got the items to the table safely.
"One last piece..." Rarity whispers to herself. From an old, dusty cupboard, she gathered a white candle and a gold candle holder and placed them together fitting perfectly. Placing them on the table as well, she made her way there. As the candle made a perfect centrepiece, a spark of light triggered a ball of flame to appear on the wick. She levitates the bottle of wine, and it looked like Red wine to the dragon. Tilting the bottle, the liquid started to fill the wine glasses. She now lowers the bottle and used her magic on her glass and gave the wine inside a quick swirl. She tries a little sip and smiles.
The dragon couldn't believe his eyes. He's served dinner like this to her older sister, Twilight Sparkle, back at the library. Potatoes and everything! But it wasn't as classy as what Rarity was serving him... Fresh peas, potatoes steaming hot... Gravy covering half of the steak, the steak itself was juicy and tender! And the wine's aroma? Oh, it was all too much for him! All he could do was sit there, wide eyed as Rarity started her meal.
"Aren't you going to eat now?" She asked, successfully getting Spike's attention.
"Uh... Yeah! I was totally going to do that!" He chuckled nervously, making the pony across from him smile.
"Well, bon appetit!" She says cheerfully.

Then there was a knock on the door.

Author's Note:

DUN! DUN! DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
Kidding... First chapter of a whole new story! Hope you enjoyed it!
Please do tell me if I messed up on anything... Grammar, spelling! I NEED TO KNOW!

~Erica

UPDATE! (May 21st, 13)
I changed and added a few things. I fixed a few things, I'm sure it didn't make a difference... But, I fixed a few things! Thank you for the people who helped me! :)
{There was only one person, but still... THANK YOU! :D}