• Published 18th May 2013
  • 987 Views, 8 Comments

For Retaliation and Judgement - TheChroniclerPrincess



Princess Celestia feels the need to face judgement for her past mistakes, but there is one who takes the judgement upon herself.

  • ...
7
 8
 987

All is well. . . But. . .

Chapter 1: All is well. . .But. . .


It had been only a few short years since Celestia had been rejoined with her beloved sister. The time she had recently spent with her younger sister had been joyous and plentiful. She lay upon the highest balcony of the Canterlot Castle royal tower pondering her great bliss. But there was something else that was gripping her thoughts which she could not let go. The thought had been there for just over a thousand years now. Just then, her train of thought was interupted by an enchanting, but familiar voice.

"May I join you, my sister?" The speaker emerged from the staircase. It was Princess Luna herself. The sunlight reflected off of her mane with a majestic elegance that could outshine the stars. Celestia was one of the few ponies to ever see her sister during the daytime, and even for her the occurences were rare. "Forgive me little sister. You startled me a bit. It is very unusual for you to be out here with me during the day." Luna slightly chuckled and approached her sister's side. Her brief smile was swiftly swept away as she began to speak. "I think we have been sisters long enough for me to know that something is troubling you Tia. The way you've kept the sun in the same place for about an hour now also tells me that your focus has been elswhere." Celestia made a sharp gasp as she corrected the sun's position in the sky.

"I'm sorry for troubling you during your resting time little sister. It's just. . . well. . . nevermind." Luna felt a little drawn back at her sister's reluctance to speak her mind. "It's okay Tia. Nevermind my sleep, just tell me what the problem is." Celestia hesitated for a moment. "Do you know how badly I feel for sending you away sister?" Luna smirked and almost chuckled at her sister's statment. Celestia had already apologized several times and they had discussed the matter on several occasions already, but it had not come up for about a year or two. "Yes, my sister and I have already-" she was interrupted by Celestia's crying voice. "It isn't fair Luna! It just isn't fair!" Luna was about to speak until she noticed the tears coming from the eyes of the sun princess. Princess Luna was quite shocked, considering that the only time that she had ever witnessed tears within Celestia's eyes was when she was looking down from the moon, and after she was reverted back from being Nightmare Moon. But it was different this time. It was the very same look that Celestia made when singing lullabys to Luna during the last thousand years.

"Do not cry sister. Wha-" Before Princess Luna could utter another word, Princess Celestia took to the skies with a powerful wingbeat that shook the balcony and cleared away some nearby clouds. Princess Luna was just about to chase after her, but stopped herself out of compassion. "She just needs some time alone for now", Luna whispered to herself. Luna knew that Celestia would tell her the troubles of her heart when she was ready. She still couldn't help but be bothered at the tears in her sister's eyes. It troubled her. It made her cry also. . . Something was wrong. And she would find out very soon why.