• Published 18th May 2013
  • 564 Views, 3 Comments

Avenging My Father - FoalTasty



[Sci-Fi] After her dad's murder, Skyfire realizes who she actually is...and how much devastation it can cause.

  • ...
4
 3
 564

1

Skyfire was amid a vast void of blackness.
Suddenly, she heard sounds.

Everywhere.

Sounds of metal clanging together, the sounds of flames licking. Everywhere, she heard them filling her ears.

A faint figure appeared, slowly coming into view. Skyfire's father. She hadn't seen him that handsome in years, and it eased her through what seemed to be a nightmare.

BANG!

A bullet was shot through the stallion's head, brains splattered everywhere, blood squi-


Skyfire woke up in her bed. Her heart was racing, and her fur was soaked with sweat.
She had remembered why she went into the Everfree Forest. She remembered her father's death.

But then she remembered...that.

She wasn't sure if it was a hallucination or a dream that happened when she dozed off. Surely that event didn't actually cause her to create that huge explosion.

The scars and burns on her fur were telling a different story though -- she HAD to have been at the center of the blast, or near it.

There was only one way to find out. "Maybe Twilight Sparkle has a few books relating to this matter," Skyfire thought. She knew the pony was Princess Celestia's prized student, and was aware of the pony's knowledge and extension of books.

Off to Twilight Sparkle's treehouse did Skyfire go. She knocked on the doors to the huge wooden house.

"Who is it?", a mare asked, opening the door, "Hello, can I help you?" asked Twilight, not knowing who Skyfire even was.

"Hi, my name's Skyfire. Do you happen to have books on pony disorders?" Skyfire asked.

"Ah, in fact I do! Let's see..." said Twilight, as her horn lit up and was hovering books out of the shelves, "Mental Disorders, Viral Diseases 101, Bacterial Infections Explained, Mutations in Pony Anatomy, --"

"Wait, that one." said Skyfire.

"Mutations in Pony Anatomy?", asked Twilight as Skyfire nodded, "Well, okay, but most of those in there are myths -- old filly tales....So, why do you need the book?"

Skyfire hesitated, "Uh...I'm doing some research on any types of diseases I can find so I can try my luck at a doctoring cutie mark," She pointed at her blank flank, "I just needed one more book to complete my studies."

"Oh, well good luck at getting your cutie mark! By the way, just bring that book back whenever you're finished. There's no rush, I barely use it."

"Thanks Twilight Sparkle."

"Oh, just call me Twilight. And your name was, Skyfire, correct?

"Yes."

"Well, nice meeting you Skyfire. See you later!" the purple mare said as Skyfire left through the door.


Skyfire went back to her house and layed herself and the book on her bed.

The book was worn, with the words "MUTATIONS IN PONY ANATOMY" written in big, yellow letters on the front cover. There was no author shown.
"Now, let's see if we can't find anything..." thought Skyfire.

For hours she read through the pages. Nothing. She skimmed through pages with ponies with 5 legs, ponies whose wings only flied upside down, one-eye mutations, maneless mares, etc. Nothing was as bizarre as what she thought she experience in the Everfree Forest.

After Skyfire almost gave up hope, she turned to the last page and saw a page slipped into the back. There was no title, just paragraphs of words. Skyfire began reading them.
Mutation Type: Unknown
Severity: Unknown
Rarity: Unknown
Description: Metal-like armor forms around a pony's body, engulfing them in a metal suit, with only eyes, tails, and manes visible. Usually happens during times of great stress. The affected pony is granted super-pony-like strength, along with possible anger issues arising as the form takes place. (see Anger Management, 'Pony Mental Disorders')

Skyfire stared at the piece of paper in front of her. This couldn't be happening. Then, she noticed a sticky note in the bottom corner of the paper, obviously written by Twilight.

"Obviously an old filly's tale, remember to transfer this page to Mythology, it is misplaced."

Skyfire was still staring. Was she still in her terrible nightmare? No, she couldn't have been. She remembered waking up.

Her mind was racing - full of curiosity, of fear, of anxiety - was this actually happening? Her eyes were weary from studying the book for hours. Somehow, through all of her terrible thoughts, she managed to fall asleep.

Author's Note:

And the beginning was why it is teen.

The next chapters should be out soon.

Remember, this will be a pretty long story. I think. The chapters are short, but that's how I do things. There will just be more chapters with less words.