• Published 25th May 2013
  • 3,401 Views, 302 Comments

Fluttershy, the Pokémon Tamer - Derping Doo



Discord accidentally transports Fluttershy and Angel to the Pokémon universe, where they turn into human and Pokémon. A rookie trainer finds a pink-haired girl with a Buneary lost in the Ilex Forest. He soon decides to help her find her way home.

  • ...
16
 302
 3,401

The Shy Center

“Wow, this place reminds me of Manehattan,” Fluttershy said in awe.

“Yeah... Whatever that is...” Leon muttered. They kept walking through the bustling city, until finally, they reached a building with a red roof, sporting a white, round logo. “So, here we are! The Pokémon Center.” Leon stepped in front of the building’s double doors as they slid open. Fluttershy saw other humans and their Pokémon everywhere. She saw so many different species, many of which she could compare to animals back in Equestria.

Fluttershy tensed up, her shy, timid nature kicking in. She whimpered a little.

Leon took notice to her sudden change in behavior. “Hey, what’s up? You okay?” he asked.

“Y-yeah...” Fluttershy said, barely audible. “It’s just... there’s so many of them.”

Leon arched an eyebrow. “You’re scared of them? Why?”

“I... I’m not good with meeting new people...” Fluttershy said, looking down. “I’m a little... shy,” she continued, timidness apparent in her.

“You weren’t shy when you met me,” Leon said.

“Yes, well, that’s because I was thinking about Angel’s safety, and how you saved him,” Fluttershy replied.

Leon shrugged, and said, “Don’t worry. You’ll fit right in. Trust me, people here aren’t that scary. As a matter of fact, they’re very quie—”

“YOU’VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!”

“Well, most of them are anyways...” Leon said. He turned to Fluttershy,who was hiding behind a potted plant. She was burrowing her face into her arms. “You okay?” he asked, arching his eyebrow.

“Mmm mm...” Fluttershy whimpered.

“Bun bun...” Angel said to Fluttershy, stroking her hair. Leon guessed he was trying to calm her down.

Leon sighed, “Oh boy.” He turned away to think. He turned around, and said, “Uh, Fluttershy? You don’t have to worry about meeting all of those people. We’re just gonna ask Nurse Joy if we can use the Pokémon Center’s database, since the one on my Pokédex is too small to teach you all about Pokémon. If any trainers happen to try to talk to us, I can talk to them. If they want to, oh I dunno, attack us,” Leon said jokingly, “we have our Pokémon to defend us.”

“Our Pokémon?” Fluttershy asked, looking up.

“Yeah. I have Fleecia, Scout, and Cynders, and you have Angel.” There was a slight pause. Leon sighed and said, “Don’t tell me you forgot Angel was a Pokémon...”

A slight blush of embarrassment formed on Fluttershy’s face. “But even if Angel’s a Pokémon, he’s still a little bunny,” she protested.

“A little bunny who managed to knock out a full-grown Beedrill!” Leon countered. “Angel may be small, but he’s a really strong Pokémon.”

Angel turned around. “Bun?” he asked, pointing at himself.

“Angel did that? How?” Fluttershy asked, surprised.

“He used Pound on the Beedrill,” Leon said. “Hit him right in the face.”

Angel cocked his head. “Bun?”

Fluttershy grew confused. “Pound?”

Leon looked at her. “See, this is why we need to go in there.” He gestured towards the Pokémon Center. “I need to teach you about Pokémon so that you can catch some and get back to Equestreeah.”

“Wait, so if they fall and I catch them, they’ll do a favor for me?” Fluttershy asked.

Leon sighed, and said, “No, Fluttershy. That’s not what I meant. C’mon, we have to go. Plus, I wanna find out who yelled.” He tugged at Fluttershy’s arm, trying to get her into the Center.

Fluttershy sighed, and said, “Just promise me there’s nothing in there that’ll try to hurt Angel.”

“Trust me, if anything tries to hurt us, my Pokémon will protect you guys,” Leon said, trying to reassure his shy friend.

“...Okay.” Fluttershy scooped up Angel, and followed Leon into the building. The first thing that caught her eye was an angry boy near a counter, talking to a human who reminded her of Nurse Redheart.

“Whoa, what’s going on there?” Leon asked curiously.

Fluttershy grew nervous. “I don’t really want to find ou—”

“Hey you! What’s up?” Leon yelled, waving his arms. The boy stopped talking to human Nurse Redheart and turned to Leon. Fluttershy noticed that the boy was older than Leon, probably by a year or two.

“Huh?” the boy said, looking around.

Leon waved again. “Over here! Hey, do you know who yelled a while ago?”

“I think that was you!” the boy replied, pointing at Leon.

Leon walked closer to the boy with Fluttershy in tow. “Ha, that’s funny. But seriously, who yelled out ‘You’ve gotta be kidding me?’ a while ago?”

The boy scratched the back of his head. “Oh yeah, that. Yeah, that was me.”

“Well then, would you care to tell us why you were yelling?” Leon asked.

“Oh, right. Well, if you really must know, I was asking Nurse Joy where my cousin was. I’m meeting him here today, and he was supposed to be here by now,” the boy replied.

“Oh. Why’re you meeting your cousin here?” Leon asked.

“What’s it to you? Stay outta my personal business,” the boy replied rudely.

“I was just asking,” Leon said, annoyed by the boy’s reply.

The boy sighed, “Sorry. I’m just annoyed by the fact that Bill isn’t here yet.”

“Oh. Bill’s your cousin?” Leon asked.

“Yeah. He’s supposed to give me a new Pokémon, but I don’t know where he is. I’m Emmett, by the way,” said Emmett.

“Oh, okay. I’m Leon, and this is, uh...” He stopped, knowing that a name like Fluttershy was out of the norm. “F... Flutter... shy...” he said slowly.

Emmett snickered, “Fluttershy? What kind of a name is that?” Fluttershy looked at the ground, her hair covering her face. Emmett’s reaction caused her to feel humiliated.

“Bun bun,” Angel tried comforting Fluttershy.

“Hey, don’t laugh at her,” Leon said, glaring at Emmett.

“Sorry, sorry. I’m really trying to fix that. Sorry about that, Flutter... shy?” Emmett looked at Fluttershy, who was covering her entire face with her hair. What’s with the pink hair? he thought.

“Bun...” Angel said softly.

Leon sighed. “That’s just great. Hey, Fluttershy, you okay?” Leon asked.

“Y-yeah...” Fluttershy said in a soft tone.

“Hey, sorry about that... I didn’t mean it.” Emmett said.

“It’s okay...” Fluttershy said softly.

Emmett stared at her for a moment. “Okaay...” He muttered to himself, feeling awkward. He returned his attention to Leon. “Well, I need to go find Bill.”

“Oh, that’s right. What Pokémon is he giving you, anyway?” Leon asked.

“Uh... I don’t know actually...” Emmett said. He then noticed something. “You don’t seem to be in a hurry to heal your Pokémon, so I’m guessing you’re not here for that. I told you why I’m here, so could you tell me why you and Fluttershy are here?” he asked curiously.

“Huh? Oh, right. I’m here to teach Fluttershy about Pokémon,” Leon replied.

“What? How does she not know about Pokémon? She has one,” Emmet said, pointing at Angel.

Leon shrugged, “I’m not sure about that, but I know she’s not from around here. I want to help her get back to Equestreeah so she can be safe and sound at home.”

“Eckwhat now?” Emmett asked.

“Equestria,” Fluttershy said. “It’s where I’m from...”

“Yeah... Hey, Emmett, can I talk to you for a sec?” Leon pulled Emmett aside.

“What? What is it?” Emmett asked.

Leon looked back at Fluttershy, who was looking around the building. “Honestly,” he said in a whisper, “I think Fluttershy, if that’s her real name, is suffering from amnesia.”

Emmett arched an eyebrow. “Why?”

“I mean, look at the circumstances,” said Leon. “I found her in the Ilex Forest, she didn’t know what she, or her pet bunny, was, and she has no clue whatsoever about anything Pokémon related.”

Emmett thought for a moment. “I’m not... exactly sure what to make of that.”

“Look, I don’t know why she is the way she is, but I need to help her. If she doesn’t know how to catch Pokémon, how is she gonna make it back to Equestria?” Leon asked, knowing he wouldn’t get an answer.

Emmett thought for a moment. “So wait,” he said. “You have no idea who this girl is? You’ve never seen her before?”

Leon shook his head, “No.”

“Then I gotta ask you something,” said Emmet.

“What?” Leon asked.

“Why are you helping her? Didn’t you just say you found her in the Ilex Forest?”

“Well... yeah, but...” Leon stopped, and thought for a moment. “It’s just... I feel obligated to help her. I rescued her Pokémon after a Beedrill dropped it fifty feet from the ground. Because of that, she trusts me. She’s extremely shy. You should know; you saw the way she shut down after you laughed. She’s not shy towards me because I’m the reason she still has Angel. I don’t think she’s all for asking some stranger who didn’t do anything for her about Pokémon. It’s different for me because she already trusts me; I’ve already proven that she doesn’t have to be afraid of me. You understand, right?” Leon asked.

Emmett touched his chin. “Huh. I mean, if you’re the only one she trusts, I guess so. I think you should be careful about this, though. Even if she acts clueless, it could be just that: acting.”

“Yeah, I guess so, but look at her. She’s so defenseless out there. As far as I know, she only has Angel to protect her,” Leon said, pointing at the brown bunny.

“That reminds me: do you even know what Angel is? ’Cuz I’ve never seen a Pokémon like it before.” Emmett asked.

“Nope. Not a clue. My Pokédex only registers Pokémon when I catch them, and since Angel belongs to Fluttershy, I can’t catch him,” Leon explained.

"Wow, your Pokédex sucks,” Emmett said. “I’ll just use my Pokédex.” He took out his Pokédex and, opening it, aimed it at Angel. Emmett muttered, “Let’s see here...”

“Scanning,” A computerized voice said.

Angel heard the voice and looked at the red device. He stared at it in wonder. “Bun?”

Fluttershy, hearing Angel, also shot a glance at the Pokédex. “What is that?”

The Pokédex beeped. “Scan complete. Identified Species: Buneary, the Rabbit Pokémon. You can tell how it feels by the way it rolls its ears. When it’s scared, both ears are rolled up.”

Leon looked at Angel. “Huh, so you’re a Buneary. You hear that, Fluttershy? You have a healthy little Buneary.”

“He’s still Angel to me,” Fluttershy said, smiling at Angel.

“Bun,” Angel said, meaning Yeah.

A small smile formed on Emmett’s face. “He is if you want him to be. You can give your Pokémon a nickname, you know.”

“Yeah. Fleecia, Scout, and Cynders are all nicknames,” said Leon. “My Pokémon are actually Mareep, Furret, and Quilava.” As he said this, Leon took a Pokéball off of his belt. “Even if I give them these names, they’re still a certain species with a proper name.”

“Yeah,” said Emmett. “That makes me think of what I’d name my new Pokémon, if I gave it a nickname.” He touched his chin. “That makes me think about what nickname I’d give it if I knew what type of Pokémon it was.” He shrugged. “Well, I gotta go look for Bill. See ya.” He waved goodbye to Leon and Fluttershy and walked out of the Pokémon Center.

Leon gazed at the entrance for a moment, thinking. He slapped his forehead. “Gah! I forgot to ask him what Pokémon he has! Now he knows what Pokémon I have. He has a strategic advantage!” Leon sulked, “Now I’ll never be able to beat him...”

Fluttershy thought for a moment, and said, “Um... Leon? Do you really think you’re going to see him again? You told me that there are countless trainers in Johto.”

Leon sighed, “Yes, but those trainers have a common goal: winning the Pokémon League! I’m willing to bet Emmett’s gonna be at the Indigo Plateau in a few weeks. He’ll be waiting for me, and since he knows what Pokémon I have, he’ll easily take me down.”

“Aren’t you being a little paranoid?” Fluttershy asked, looking at Leon.

Leon sighed. He scratched the back of his head. “Eh heh heh... Maybe, just a bit... Oh...” He blinked. “Oh! I forgot.” He walked towards the main counter, and rang the bell.

The nurse at the counter turned around. “Welcome to the Pokémon Center. How may I help you?” she asked.

Leon waved, “Hey, Nurse Joy. Do you mind if me and my friend go and use one of the Center’s PCs? There’s some things we need to touch up fact-wise.” He leaned in closer to Nurse Joy and whispered, “We may or may not have forgotten about type advantages.”

Nurse Joy smiled. “Of course you can. The PCs are over there.” She pointed towards some computer-looking boxes. “Just pick one, start it up, and access ‘Help’. It should have more than enough information on types,” she said, cheerily.

Leon looked at the boxes that Nurse Joy had pointed out. He looked at Fluttershy, smiled, and nodded. “Thanks, Nurse Joy,” he said, heading towards the PCs.

Fluttershy turned to Nurse Joy. “Thanks for the help.”

Nurse Joy smiled and said, “No problem. It’s my job.”

Fluttershy smiled back, and followed Leon to a PC. “Bun?” Angel said, taking in the strange box.

“So, she said ‘turn it on’, right? How do I do that?” Leon asked, examining the PC.

Fluttershy looked at it. “I think the power button is here.” She pressed a button—the only button—on the screen’s side. In an instant, the PC made a beeping sound, and the screen flicked on. Leon and Fluttershy stared at a blue screen. A white box appeared with the words Which PC should be accessed? written in black text. With it came a select screen with seven options: Bill’s PC, Your PC, Trainer Profiles, E-Mail, Call, Help, and Switch Off.

Leon moved the keyboard’s mouse, and dragged the cursor above the menu. “She said ‘Help’ right?” he asked.

“I think so,” Fluttershy said.

“Let’s see...” Leon moved the cursor above the Help option. He clicked it, and a new screen came up. On it were five new selections: Pokémon Center Info, About “Battle”, Pokémon Info, Pokémon Types, and Other Topics. “So, what do you wanna go through first, Fluttershy?” Leon asked, gesturing towards the select screen.

Fluttershy looked at the selections. She pointed at the Pokémon Info button. “How about this one?” she asked.

“Okay, let’s start.” Leon pressed the button. A loading sign came up, shortly followed by a new set of topics to choose from. Leon sighed, “This is gonna take a while.”

Author's Note:

Lemme know what you guys thought of this chapter.

Sorry for the delay of this chapter. My laptop didn't seem to want me to publish it. My internet went out, so I had to fix that. My mouse pad broke, so I had to get a new one. Now, my screen has a huge crack in the center, so it's kinda hard to see. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy a new one, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just have to put up with it until I can come up with the money for a new screen. Still, this will not delay the chapters... hopefully.

I've decided to make a certain time limit for me to publish a new chapter. I intend to publish a new chapter every other week. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that.