• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 1,830 Views, 40 Comments

Doctor Whoof: The Iron Horse - Muleicous

  • ...
3
 40
 1,830

Prologue

Prologue

Two weeks after Time of the Hourglass...

“Ow! Blasts!” The Doctor grabbed his hoof and stuck it in his mouth, sucking on it to stop the pain. He had just burnt himself on the Time Cortex Heating Agent, something he had never done before when he had hands.

“You ok?” Derpy asked, her wing folded over a small tool box her time colt friend put her in charge of. The grey, wall-eyed pegasus hadn’t stopped helping The Doctor for the past three days. Thankfully, Dinky loved exploring, as she called it, ‘Mr. Doctor’s silly blue box’, and that kept the filly entertained for a while. Derpy was happy that her daughter was quick to befriend the time traveling pony, even taking him on as sort of a father figure, but even then the mail pegasus knew her little muffin’s happiness wouldn’t last forever. The Doctor wanted to go home, and nothing would stop him.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just got burnt a bit, nothing new.” The Doctor lied. He thought he was getting used to this strange pony body, but little mistakes like that told him otherwise. It was like it was rejecting him, trying to push the time lord out of his and turn him into a normal Equestrian. He couldn’t even eat his Jammy Dodgers any more because of his awful pony teeth, and he couldn’t even bring himself to mention the apples. He was starting to hate them more then pairs... Ok that was a bit of a lie. The time colt shook his head a bit and looked down at his companion, “Derpy, could you hand me the Screwdriver?”

The grey pegasus reached into the tool box with her mouth and pulled out the long, metal object. She slid it under the TARDIS consol, but a few moments later it was tossed back at her hooves. “The other one?”

“The other one.” The Doctor replied, now feeling his Sonic Screwdriver being tossed at his right front hoof. He placed the device in his mouth and slid it over the giant hot plate. It was strange how just two weeks ago, he and a group of ponies took down one of the last Time Lords. What surprised him even more was how intact her TARDIS was, even after being turned into a pony robot. He managed to salvage a few parts from it, but nothing powerful enough to fix the troubles with his Time Cortex. As for The Rani, The Doctor hopped that it wasn’t just alicorns who could breath on the moon.

Suddenly, the sound of tiny knocks came from the TARDIS doors. Before the brown time colt could move though, the doors where flung open to by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Just seeing the three fillies made The Doctor worry, but what they shouted out next made him absolutely terrified.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders! TARDIS Repair Mares!” Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle called out in unison. The three then stampeded to the consul and started pressing random buttons, making remarks like ‘Maybe this’ll work!” which was always followed by a small set of sparks and Scootaloo saying ‘Nope.”. Finally, after twenty failure, The Doctor had had enough.

“Girls!” the time colt yelled, causing the entire TARDIS to become silent, “Listen... Maybe you should go and find Dinky.”

“Awww, but that sounds boring.” Scootaloo remarked, her eyes drifting towards the shinny buttons once again.

“Wait!” The Doctor stood, hitting his head on the metal consol and groaning in pain, “How about...uh... Cutie Mark Crusaders Search Party?”

“Yeah!” Apple Bloom said, looking at the other crusaders, “Let’s go girls! There’s a filly who needs our help!”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders! Search Ponies!” The three yelled out, then raced towards one of the open hall ways. The Doctor wiped the sweat from his forehead and sighed, as much as he liked the three fillies... They where more then a hand full. Or hoof full, as it where... He still couldn’t get used to the Equestrian sayings.

***

A breeze rushed through the back alley of Appleloosa, kicking up a small cloud of dust that spiraled back to the ground quickly. Suddenly, the hoof beats of a yellow earth pony in a vest and brown Stetson broke the silence of the small road. In front of him was a pony in a cape and hood, a pony who had been sighted at two foalnappings in the same area. As the new deputy of Appleloosa, Braeburn felt it was his duty to catch this suspect. Behind his was his partner, and lover, Little Strongheart, who had spotted the cloaked pony first.

“You cut around the other way Lil!” the Apple pony called out, “Cut him off at the past!”

“Got it!” the buffalo called out, her hoof beats getting softer as she sped to the next street. She knew that her beloved’s plan would work out, no one knew Appleloosa like Braeburn Apple. However, once she got to the other end of the alley the cloaked figure had stopped and just stood there. It looked to her, then back and the deputy pony, a small humming noise coming from under its hood.

Braeburn took a step forward, “We just want ta ask you a few questions partner.” he began, “First off, who are you?”

The hooded pony stayed silent, until it’s eyes locked onto Little Strongheart. Then, in a cold, unfeeling voice it said only one word. A word that would haunt Appleloosa, and Braeburn, for the rest of time.

“Delete.”