• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,498 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,498

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 41: Lost Melody

“Blue Melody! Blue Melody!” Leo called out as he rode into the alleyways. “Where is she? …Huh?” He looked ahead to notice a figure move behind a building on his right, heading down another path.

As he approached the next intersection of alleys, he looked to his right to see the figure making another turn.

“Hey!” he shouted, giving chase.


“Sassy!” Luna called to the unicorn.

“What happened? Where is Blue Melody?” Sassy asked her.

“I don’t know. Leo and I saw her run out of her dressing room, and I’m guessing it’s because of this.” The young girl held out the scroll she had found.

Sassy levitated the scroll and opened it, quickly scanning the page. “Oh, dear… Wait… Come to think of it, I haven’t seen Sour Note around.”

“I think she must’ve went after him.”

“Right. Now we must—”

“Hey!” shouted a stallion in the crowd. “Where’s Blue Melody? I came here for a performance! Not to waste my time standing around!”

“Yeah!” added a mare.

“Oh… what should I do...?” Sassy wondered out loud. She then approached the microphone on the stage. “Ladies and gentlecolts! We are experiencing some rather unusual circumstances! Please remain seated! The concert will begin soon!”

The unicorn glanced back at Luna, motioning for her to leave. Luna nodded as she removed her Duel Board from the bag on her back and placed it on the ground.

The sky rumbled as she rode away from the stage.


“Hey! Come back here!” Leo shouted, following the figure into an open area. His eyes scanned the vicinity until noticing a much taller figure.

“It’s been a while, young Signer,” the male said.

“Wait… you’re—!”

“That’s right. I am Drystan. And here, I shall finish what I started.” The man lifted his arm and activated his Duel Disk.

“I don’t have time for this!” Leo turned away on his Board.

Drystan scoffed, placing a card on his Duel Disk. A tremor shook the area. Leo stopped, nearly falling off his Duel Board.

The windows in the nearby buildings shattered. Shrieks were heard as ponies fled while the walls facing the two Duelists crumbled. They were quickly surrounded by a steep pile of rubble.


“What was that?” Luna asked herself, recovering from the tremor.

“Kuri kuri!” the creature appeared before her once more.

“What is it, Kuribon?”

“Kuri!” Her monster motioned toward the dust clouds in the distance.


“But how could…?” Leo wondered, turning back towards Drystan. “You must be a—”

“I’m afraid that piece of junk you’ve been standing on won’t get out of here that easily,” Drystan said.

Leo groaned, stepping off of his Duel Board and unplugging the cord connecting it to his Duel Disk.

“It seems we have some more spectators this time around,” Drystan commented.

Leo glanced around to notice ponies—mostly unicorns—poking their heads just above the rubble, eyes toward the Duel about to ensue. “I guess I don’t have a choice,” he said, activating his Duel Disk.

The two Duelists drew five cards from their respective Decks.

DUEL!
Leo (LP 4000) VS Drystan (LP 4000)

“I’ll go first!” declared Leo, drawing a sixth card. “I Summon Morphtronic Scopen!”

Morphtronic Scopen
LV: 3
ATK: 800

“Once per turn, if Scopen is in Attack Position, its effect lets me Special Summon a Level 4 “Morphtronic” monster from my hand!”

Morphtronic Slingen
LV: 4
ATK: 1200

“I tune Level 3 Morphtronic Scopen with Level 4 Morphtronic Slingen!”

3 + 4 = 7

“Docking strength with courage to protect the world's peace! Synchro Summon! Envoy of love and justice, Power Tool Dragon!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300

A mechanical dragon appeared behind Leo.

“Your ace monster already?” commented Drystan. “You must be in a hurry.”

“I activate Power Tool Dragon’s effect!” Leo continued. “Once per turn, I can choose three Equip Spells from my Deck, and you have to choose one of them at random to be added to my hand! Power Search!”

Images of three cards appeared to Drystan before vanishing and reappearing face-down.

“I’ll choose the middle card,” the man stated.

Leo’s Deck was shuffled by his Duel Disk. Upon finishing, it left a single card on top of his Deck partially kicked out for him to pick up. “I’ll now use the Equip Spell added to my hand! Double Tool C&D!” said Leo. “During my turn, the equipped monster gains 1000 ATK!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300 + 1000 = 3300

“I’ll Set one card face-down and end my turn!” Leo glared at the man. “I won’t mess up this time! The pony that’s inside his Disharmony monster… with Power Tool’s help, I will save them!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 3300 – 1000 = 2300

“It’s my turn!” Drystan declared. “I Summon Ape Scout!”

Ape Scout
LV: 3
ATK: 1100

“When this monster is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon an “Ape” monster from my hand. Come, Ape Sentry!”

Ape Sentry
LV: 2
ATK: 900

“I now tune Level 2 Ape Sentry with Level 3 Ape Scout!”

2 + 3 = 5

“Wild beast, pierce through your enemies without mercy! Synchro Summon! Come forth, Ape Lancer!”

Ape Lancer
LV: 5
ATK: 1900

“Not Disharmony…” Leo thought. “So does that mean there’s no one inside it?”

“I activate Ape Lancer’s effect!” Drystan continued. “When it’s Synchro Summoned, for every “Ape” monster I control, I can destroy up to that many of your face-up Spell and Trap Cards!” His ape hurled its lance at Leo’s machine, destroying its equipment.

“My Double Tool!”

“Without that, your Power Tool Dragon can no longer use its protection effect. Next, I activate the Continuous Spell Brutality of the Ape King! Now, battle! Ape Lancer, attack Power Tool Dragon!” The ape charged towards Power Tool Dragon.

“Even though my monster is stronger?” His machine flew towards the ape.

“At this moment, the effect of Brutality of the Ape King activates!” Drystan said. “When an “Ape” monster I control battles an opponent’s monster with higher ATK, until the end of that battle, my monster gains 200 ATK while the opponent’s loses 500 ATK!”

“What?!” exclaimed Leo.

Ape Lancer
LV: 5
ATK: 1900 + 200 = 2100

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300 – 500 = 1800

“I activate the Continuous Trap Morphtronics, Unite!” Leo declared. “Once per turn, I can target a “Morphtronic” or “Power Tool” monster on my field and either equip it with a “Morphtronic” from my hand to it or discard a monster for to equip it with one from my Deck! I equip my Power Tool Dragon with the Morphtronic Staplen in my hand!”

A large stapler appeared next to Leo’s Power Tool Dragon.

“Monsters with “Morphtronics” equipped to them by this effect gain those monsters’ original ATK!”

Morphtronic Staplen
LV: 4
ATK: 1400

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 1800 + 1400 = 3200

“Now my Power Tool is stronger than your Ape Lancer!”

Drystan chuckled. Sparks flew as the two monsters clashed. “While Ape Lancer is attacking, it cannot be destroyed by battle!” he stated.

“But you’ll still take dama—”

“Brutality of the Ape King’s effect! Once during each of my turns, if I would take battle or effect damage while I control an “Ape” monster, you take that damage instead!”

The clash between their monsters created an explosion that shook the vicinity.

3200 – 2100 = 1100

Leo
LP: 4000 – 1100 = 2900

“And now I activate another of Ape Lancer’s effects!” Drystan continued, as the smoke cleared.

“What now?” responded Leo.

“At the end of the battle that it attacks an opponent’s monster, I can destroy that monster!” The ape hurled it lance at Leo’s Power Tool once again.

“Power Tool Dragon’s effect! I send one of its Equip Cards to the Graveyard to prevent it from being destroyed!”

Another explosion. Leo gasped, watching the nearby structures continuing to crumble. Ponies screamed, narrowly avoiding the falling debris.

“Trapping ponies inside monsters… destroying their homes and almost killing them… Why are you doing this?!” asked Leo. His Power Tool Dragon returned to its spot behind him.

“To fulfill the wishes of my masters,” Drystan replied

“Your masters? Who?”

“You have more important things to worry about, young Signer.”

Leo groaned in response.

Ape Lancer
LV: 5
ATK: 2100 – 200 = 1900

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 3200 – 1400 + 500 = 2300

“I’ll Set one card face-down. I end my turn,” Drystan stated.


Blue Melody dragged herself down the street, panicked ponies quickly passing her.

“Sweetie… why…?” she mumbled. Tears continued to trickle. She slowly trotted down an alleyway and stopped halfway to the other end. “I thought you were different…” she sobbed as she slumped on the ground.

The earth pony felt a hoof on her shoulder.

“Sour Note?!” she jumped up, only to see a unicorn mare wearing a hood.

“Sorry, I’m not the stallion you’re looking for,” the unicorn replied.

Blue Melody immediately brushed the unicorn’s hoof off in disgust and began trotting away. “Go away… If you want my autograph, now is a terrible time…”

“Oh, not at all. I’m here to help.”

“I don’t need it.”

“Not even to get… your boyfriend back?”

The earth pony stopped.

“I’m certain I could help you find him.”

Blue Melody rushed to the unicorn, her hooves on the mare’s shoulders. “Tell me where he is!”

“Easy there.”

The earth pony slowly placed her hooves back on the ground. Upon glancing at the hooded pony once more, she felt something nagging at her. “Haven’t I seen this pony before…?”

“Just follow me,” said the unicorn. Blue Melody nodded. The two started back towards the street.

“Do I…”

“Hm?”

“Do I know you? I feel like I recognize you from somewhere.”

“Just a fan of yours. Don’t you have a lots of fans that go to a lot of your performances?”

“Sure, but… haven’t we met someplace else…?”

“No. I’m afraid you’re just imagining things.”


“It’s my turn!” Leo declared. “I activate Power Tool Dragon’s effect! Power Search!”

“Don’t think so,” Drystan interrupted. “At this moment, I activate the Continuous Trap Seal of the Ape King!”

Leo watched in shock as a dark aura surrounded his Power Tool Dragon. “What is this?”

“While this card is face-up on the field, the monster I target with it has its effects negated. In addition, it’s unable to be targeted by any of your card effects!”

“Then even the effect of Morphtronics, Unite! can’t be used…” Leo thought. “I switch Power Tool Dragon to Defense Position.”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
DEF: 2500

“Then I’ll Set a monster and end my turn.”

“It seems that without your ace monster, you’re nothing,” Drystan commented. “It’s my turn! I Summon Ape Fighter!”

Ape Fighter
LV: 4
ATK: 1900

“Battle! Ape Fighter, attack the Set monster!” Leo’s face-down monster revealed itself as the ape lunged towards it.

Morphtronic Clocken
LV: 2
DEF: 1100

The ape smashed Leo’s smaller machine into pieces.

“Ape Fighter’s effect! When it destroys one of your monsters in battle, it gains 300 ATK!”

Ape Fighter
LV: 4
ATK: 1900 + 300 = 2200

“And now…”

Leo stepped back, wide-eyed.

“Ape Lancer, attack Power Tool Dragon!” commanded Drystan. “Brutality of the Ape King’s effect! Since your monster has more ATK, it loses 500 ATK while my Ape Lancer gains 200 ATK!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300 – 500 = 1800

Ape Lancer
LV: 5
ATK: 1900 + 200 = 2100

Leo quickly turned around to watch his Power Tool Dragon being pierced by the larger ape’s lance.

“Power Tool!” Leo shouted.

“With Brutality of the Ape King’s effect, you take the damage instead of me!” Drystan continued.

2500 – 2100 = 400

Leo
LP: 2900 – 400 = 2500

“Ape Lancer's effect activates! I’ll now destroy your Power Tool Dragon!”

The Ape Lancer drove its lance further into Power Tool’s body, causing it to explode. The image of Drystan’s Seal of the Ape King card shattered immediately afterwards.

“POWER TOOL!” exclaimed Leo, falling to his knees.

“With this, I end my turn,” Drystan stated. “It seems that without your Power Tool Dragon, you are hopeless. I suppose that’s how it is when you rely so much on your ace monster.”

Leo remained motionless as he stared at the space where his mechanical dragon used to be. “I… I was going to…”

“To think you brought it out so early just for it to be destroyed like this. From here on out, all that’s left for you is despair.”

Author's Note:

Not much to say about this one.

PreviousChapters Next