• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,512 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,512

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 38: Frozen in Despair

Leo shuddered. Icicles formed, hanging from the buildings nearby.

“What’s wrong, kid?” Carter said. “Is the freezing temperature too much for you?”

“Can it,” Leo replied, struggling to rise to his feet. He glimpsed back at his opponent’s monster.

Disharmony – Genex Blizzard
LV: 9
ATK: 3000

“Even if I can turn this Duel around…” he thought. “I can’t do it if he’s got a living creature inside that thing…”

“Why in the world is he hesitating like this? It’s disgusting,” Carter observed. “I wonder what it could be.”

Leo stepped onto his Duel Board and began riding down the street.

“It’s about time,” remarked Carter, resuming his pursuit.

“My turn,” Leo said, drawing a card.

Leo
LP: 100
SPC: 5 + 1 = 6

Carter
LP: 1800
SPC: 5 + 1 = 6

“A monster and two Speed Spells…” Leo glanced at his hand, then at the Set card in his Duel Disk’s Spell and Trap Zone. “I could use Speed World 2’s effect to inflict some major damage, but… it won’t be enough. I don’t have the Spell Counters to finish him that way. If I use these two Speed Spells and my Set card, I could counterattack, but then… that means putting the life of a living being at risk, and that’s assuming there is someone in that machine!”

“You’re taking an awfully long time to make a move,” said Carter.

“Be quiet!” shouted Leo, looking back again at Genex Blizzard. “I can’t believe you’re the kind of people that would trap innocent creatures inside their monsters!”

Carter grinned.

“Maybe there’s something else I can do to defend myself…” Leo continued, grabbing a card from his hand. “I activate the Speed Spell – Synchro Relief! Since I have at least four Speed Counters, I can return a Synchro Monster from my Graveyard to my Extra Deck, then I can draw one card!” Leo froze upon seeing his drawn card.

“Well? What are you waiting for?”

“Speed Energy now?! If all I had to worry about was winning, this would be perfect, but…” Leo thought.

“You don’t want to hurt the pony inside my machine, right?”

Leo gasped. “So… there is someone in there after all…?”

“Absolutely,” Carter sneered. “Go ahead. Fight back. You’ll just have their death on your conscience.”

Leo stood on his Board in silence as they traveled along the streets of Canterlot.

“He’s mine,” Carter chuckled.


“Try all you want, you’ll never free those fillies,” Adelinde stated, watching the adult ponies try to rescue the captured fillies.

Adelinde
LP: 1600

“Let them go!” demanded Luna.

Luna
LP: 2200

“As if,” the woman responded. “This cold air… Carter must’ve Summoned his Genex Blizzard. This Signer’s brother will soon be ours.” She grinned.

Luna glared at her opponent, readying herself.

“Now then…” Adelinde continued. “I activate the Spell Card Reptilianne Spawn! I banish Reptilianne Naga from my Graveyard to Special Summon two Reptilianne Tokens!”

Reptilianne Token
LV: 1
DEF: 0

Reptilianne Token
LV: 1
DEF: 0

“Then I’ll Tribute one of them so that I can Tribute Summon Reptilianne Medusa!”

Reptilianne Medusa
LV: 6
ATK: 2200

The new creature hissed, causing the fillies still on the ground to back away into the wall of branches created by the swamp.

“You think that’s terrifying?” Adelinde grinned. “I activate Medusa’s effect! By sending one card from my hand to the Graveyard, one opponent’s face-up monster loses all of its ATK and cannot change its Battle Position!”

“What?!” exclaimed Luna. She and the ponies watched in horror as the Sunlight Unicorn was encased in stone. “Sunlight Unicorn!”

Sunlight Unicorn
LV: 4
ATK: 2500 – 2500 = 0

“Now for you ponies to get a taste of what’ll happen to you very soon! Battle! Reptilianne Medusa, attack Sunlight Unicorn!” Adelinde commanded. “It’s over!”

“I won’t let you hurt any of my friends! I activate the Trap Card Twinkle Wall!” Luna countered. “This card negates your attack. In exchange, I take damage equal to half of your monster’s ATK!” A barrier appeared and repelled the Reptilianne Medusa, creating a shockwave that nearly caused Luna to lose her balance.

2200 / 2 = 1100

Luna
LP: 2200 – 1100 = 1100

“That’s right, keep struggling!” Adelinde continued her turn. “I’ll just go ahead and activate Medusa’s effect once more! I’ll send another card in my hand to the Graveyard. Now it’s time for Regulus to share Sunlight Unicorn’s fate!”

“Lu… Luna…” Regulus mumbled, squirming as he turned to stone.

Regulus
LV: 4
ATK: 1700 – 1700 = 0

“Regulus!” Luna shouted. “No!”

“With that, I end my turn,” the woman chuckled.


“It’s still your turn, kid,” Carter said.

“Is there anything I can do right now?” Leo wondered. “If only there was a way for me to break into that monster…”

As his Duel Board made a turn down a curve, Leo screamed as he lost control while going over an ice patch. He found himself against the wall of a building, rubbing the back of his head.

“Is there even a point in trying…?” he began to think, shuddering from the cold once more. “I could defend myself but… with only 100 Life Points, Carter just needs almost any monster… I can’t sacrifice another’s life…”

Carter pulled up his Duel Runner in front of Leo. “Guess that’s it,” he said. “Time to take him away. He’s as good as lost.”

Leo was startled as a pitch-black darkness appeared beneath him, grabbing him. “No…”

“That’s the end of that.”

“Luna… I’m sorry… I couldn’t protect you…”

The Signer mark on Leo’s right arm began to glow.

“What?!” exclaimed Carter.

As the light faded, Leo found himself no longer covered in darkness. “The Crimson Dragon,” he mumbled. “Wait a sec!”


The ground shook as a part of the mountainside broke open. As his Signer mark burned brightly, Leo held his sister close as they moved slowly through the rugged terrain on their Duel Boards.

“Luna… we made it out…” Leo said, wearily. Falling to his knees, he looked back to see his Power Tool Dragon shaking off the last of the rubble on its body only to collapse immediately after. As it vanished, he noticed the glow on his arm fade away. “Thanks, Power Tool…”

He looked up and down the path that went alongside the mountain.

“A city…? Hold on, sis.”


“Maybe… just maybe…” Leo thought as he stood up and stepped back onto his Duel Board.

“And here I thought you gave up,” commented Carter.

“Not on your life!” replied Leo. The two continued down the street. “I activate the Speed Spell – Fallen Synchron! If I have five or more Speed Counters, I can banish Synchro Materials from my Graveyard to perform a Synchro Summon!”

Carter scoffed.

“From my Graveyard, I tune Level 3 Morphtronic Remoten with Level 4 Morphtronic Radion!”

3 + 4 = 7

“Docking strength with courage to protect the world's peace! Synchro Summon! Revive! Envoy of love and justice, Power Tool Dragon!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300

“The monster Summoned by the effect of Fallen Synchron is banished during the End Phase.”

“Hoping for a rematch?” asked Carter. “Your Power Tool Dragon will only lose again!”

“Not this time!” Leo replied.

“What?”

“I activate the Speed Spell – Speed Energy! Since I have two or more Speed Counters, for each one that I have, one of my monsters gains 200 ATK until the End Phase!”

6 * 200 = 1200

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300 + 1200 = 3500

Disharmony – Genex Blizzard
LV: 9
ATK: 3000

“Now its ATK has higher than your Genex Blizzard’s!”

“Have you forgotten? I still have an innocent pony inside it. Surely, you wouldn’t attack knowing that.”

“Battle! Power Tool Dragon, attack Disharmony – Genex Blizzard!” Leo’s monster charged at Carter’s machine.

“Even if you destroy my monster, I’ll still have Life Points remaining!”

“No, you won’t! At this moment, I activate the Continuous Trap Morphtronics, Unite! Once per turn, I can activate one of its effects! I target a “Power Tool” or “Morphtronic” monster on my field, then I can either equip it with a “Morphtronic” monster from my hand or, by sending a monster from my hand to the Graveyard, a “Morphtronic” monster from my Deck! I’ll send the Morphtronic Magnen in my hand to the Graveyard so that I can equip Morphtronic Staplen from my Deck to Power Tool Dragon!” A large stapler appeared behind Power Tool, as an aura surrounded both.

“What’s going on here?”

“While a monster is equipped with a card by this effect, it gains the original ATK of the monster I equipped to it!”

Morphtronic Staplen
LV: 4
ATK: 1400

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 3500 + 1400 = 4900

“That means…!” mumbled Carter.

“Go!” shouted Leo. “Crafty Break!”

Carter scoffed. “There’s still the pony inside my monster! I suppose you’ve consigned their life to Tartarus?!”

Leo closed his eyes, clenched his fist, and held it tight to his chest. “Please…” he thought as his Signer mark began to glow.

Carter gasped as he watched Power Tool Dragon’s eyes light up. Sparks flew while the mechanical dragon carved into the chest of Genex Blizzard, pulling it open.

“If there’s someone inside… save them!” Leo thought, looking up at the two monsters.

“How is this possible?!” exclaimed Carter.

“I can’t… see anyone…?”

Carter’s machine exploded. Smoke smothered both of them.


The two Duelists and ponies were startled as the ground shook.

“Smoke?” Luna noticed.

Adelinde looked at the puff of smoke with uncertainty as it began to fade.


Leo coughed as the smoke cleared. His Power Tool Dragon retreated to his side before vanishing. The Signer mark on his arm ceased to glow. “What about—”

Carter lay sprawled on the ground next to his broken Duel Runner, darkness beginning to cover both.

4900 – 3000 = 1900

Carter
LP: 1800 – 1900 = 0
SPC: 6

“Hey! Where’s the pony that was inside?!” Leo shouted to Carter. As he pulled up, the blackness pushed him away before engulfing his opponent. The darkness vanished; Carter was no longer in sight.

Leo stood still as he found himself at a complete loss for words.

Author's Note:

This chapter would’ve been longer, but due to the length, I decided to split it into two.

EDIT 6/6/2017: That brief feature, though.

PreviousChapters Next