• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,512 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,512

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 36: Without a Refuge

“So you’ve finally decided to stop hiding, huh?” said Carter.

Leo stood, scratches on his body and clothes.

“Not exactly the brightest move.”

“You want me? Come and get me! Unless you think your Runner is too slow!” Leo taunted, sticking his tongue out.

Carter groaned, Leo turned around and rode away. The man hopped onto his Runner, turned the engine on and began his pursuit. “You’re naïve for thinking that skateboard can escape me.” He pressed a button on his Runner’s touch screen.

“DUEL MODE ENGAGED,” said a computer voice, as a card appeared on-screen.

“I activate the Field Spell Speed World 2!” Carter stated, as his Deck was shuffled.

Leo noticed his Duel Disk activating. “I need to buy time for Luna and Sassy to get away…” he thought, drawing five cards after his Deck was shuffled.

DUEL!
Leo (LP 4000) VS Carter (LP 4000)

“I’ll go first!” Leo stated, drawing a card. “I Summon Morphtronic Celfon!” A large, yellow cellular phone appeared next to him before morphing into a humanoid shape.

Morphtronic Celfon
LV: 1
ATK: 100

“I activate Celfon’s effect! Once per turn, if it’s in Attack Position, it can randomly dial a number between 1 and 6, then I excavate that many cards. Then, if there’s a “Morphtronic” monster, I can Special Summon it! Dial Up!”

The keypad on his monster’s chest flashed erraticly until only the 2 key was lit. Leo then picked up the two cards on top of his Deck.

“I Special Summon Morphtronic Datatron!” he continued. A giant flash drive appeared and morphed into a humanoid form, just as his first monster had.

Morphtronic Datatron
LV: 3
ATK: 1200

“Now for Datatron’s effect! Once per turn, if it’s in Attack Position, I can Tribute one of my monsters to deal 600 damage to you! I Tribute Celfon!”

The Celfon transformed into a small light that entered the turret on Datatron’s head. The latter then fired a blast at Carter.

Carter
LP: 4000 – 600 = 3400
SPC: 0

“Cheap trick,” Carter scoffed.

“I’ll Set a card face-down and end my turn!” Leo concluded.


Luna stood on her Duel Board against the corner of the building, scanning the area.

“Why are you doing all this?” Sassy said, approaching from behind her. “Are you waiting for the right time to get to me all to yourself? I can’t imagine any other reason you’d help me.”

Luna paused for a moment. “My brother might not be the sharpest tool in the shed… and he can say the stupidest things sometimes without thinking, but his heart is in the right place,” Luna turned back towards Sassy and smiled. “If it meant saving your life, he would gladly smash through windows to protect you.”

Sassy remained silent.

“Well, not that it’d be a good idea, considering all the glass…”

Sassy couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Anyway, you’re our friend. We’d much sooner turn vegan before ever dreaming of killing you or another pony just to have food, even if my brother would give an attitude anyway.”

“I’m sorry I thought that way of you. I suppose you two are different from the rest.”

“If you ever got to meet the rest of our friends, I’m sure you’ll see they’re the same way,” Luna said.

“Kuri kuri!” a voice said.

Luna, now more alert, began scanning the area once more.

“What is it?” Sassy asked.

A black Duel Runner came to a stop nearby. Its rider jumped off and stood at the junction, as if waiting for someone.

“That’s the woman from before…” Luna whispered.

“What?” Sassy replied.

“She was the other person that was chasing my brother and I. Wait, who is that?”

A hooded pony approached the woman.

Luna and Sassy were speechless at the apparent conversation the two were having.

“I-I don’t understand… what pony in their right mind would dare approach them and speak with them so casually after what they did?” asked Sassy. “Just why in Equestria—”

“Uh, Sassy?” Luna interrupted.

“What?”

“I think they see us.”

Sassy noticed the pony pointing a hoof at them. “Oh.”


“It’s my turn!” Carter declared.

Leo
LP: 4000
SPC: 0 + 1 = 1

Carter
LP: 3400
SPC: 0 + 1 = 1

“I Summon Genex Neutron!”

Genex Neutron
LV: 4
ATK: 1800

“Battle! Genex Neutron, attack Morphtronic Datatron!” His monster charged forward.

“I activate a Trap! Morphtransition! It changes the Battle Position of my Morphtronic and negates your attack!” Leo stated.

Genex Neutron stopped as Leo’s machine morphed back into a flash drive.

Morphtronic Datatron
LV: 3
DEF: 600

“I’ll Set a card face-down,” Carter continued. “Now during my End Phase, since Genex Neutron was Normal Summoned this turn, I can add a Machine-Type Tuner monster from my Deck to my hand. I’ll add Genex Spare, then I end my turn.”

“A Tuner monster, huh? He obviously means to Synchro Summon next turn,” Leo thought. “It’s my turn!”

Leo
LP: 4000
SPC: 1 + 1 = 2

Carter
LP: 3400
SPC: 1 + 1 = 2

“Datatron’s monster effect! Once per turn, if it’s in Defense Position, I can inflict 300 damage to the opponent!”

“What?!” exclaimed Carter, as Leo’s monster shot at him.

Carter
LP: 3400 – 300 = 3100
SPC: 2

“Now I switch Datatron to Attack Position!” Leo continued.

Morphtronic Datatron
LV: 3
ATK: 1200

“Then I Summon Morphtronic Radion!” A large radio emerged beside Leo and morphed into a humanoid form.

Morphtronic Radion
LV: 4
ATK: 1000

“Radion’s effect! While it’s in Attack Position, all of my “Morphtronic” monsters gain 800 ATK!”

Morphtronic Datatron
LV: 3
ATK: 1200 + 800 = 2000

Morphtronic Radion
LV: 4
ATK: 1000 + 800 = 1800

“Battle! Morphtronic Datatron, attack Genex Neutron!” Leo commanded. His monster’s turret shot at Genex Neutron, destroying it.

2000 – 1800 = 200

Carter
LP: 3100 – 200 = 2900
SPC: 2

“Go, Radion! Direct attack!” Leo’s humanoid radio dashed towards Carter.

“I activate the Trap Card Genex Scrap Wall!” Carter shouted. “First, I pay 500 Life Points!”

Carter
LP: 2900 – 500 = 2400
SPC: 2

“Then I Special Summon a “Genex” monster from my hand! Come, Genex Spare!”

Genex Spare
LV: 3
DEF: 1200

“This turn, the monster Summoned by Genex Scrap Wall cannot be destroyed by battle!”

Leo’s Radion ceased its assault and retreated to his side. “I activate Datatron’s other effect! Since it’s in Attack Position, I’ll Tribute it to inflict 600 damage!” His Datatron fired at Carter.

Carter
LP: 2400 – 600 = 1800
SPC: 2

“I’ve had just about enough of this nonsense,” Carter groaned, as Datatron vanished.

“I end my turn,” Leo stated.


Luna rode her Duel Board alongside Sassy down the alley.

“I don’t see why they’re after me now!” Sassy exclaimed.

“They’re probably not. They were after Leo and I, after all,” Luna responded.

The two stopped as they saw the pony pursuer appear at the end of the alley. The pony removed its hood. Before them stood a female unicorn with dark gray fur and an even darker mane with streaks of green.

“You didn’t honestly think you could escape me, did you?” the unicorn asked.

“How did you even find us?” asked Luna.

“Call it my special talent: I’m one of the best trackers in Equestria. Slight Trace is the name.”

“Special… talent?”

“But why would use your talent for these creatures that have attacked Canterlot?!” exclaimed Sassy. The two looked behind them to see the woman from before block their way into the alleyway.

“For a better Equestria,” answered Slight Trace.

“What?! That’s absurd! How dare you suggest that taking out the princesses leads to a better Equestria!”

“Sassy… maybe you should go,” Luna said. “They’re not after you.”

“On the contrary, little human,” Slight Trace interjected. “For one, thanks to my own efforts, we found out she was harboring you and your twin brother. Second, she works for one of the Elements.”

“Elements?”

“Third, she just now dared to challenge our ideals. As far as we’re concerned, she is dead to us. You and your brother as well.”

Slight Trace’s horn glowed and the woman’s Duel Disk activated as they approached from both sides. Magical energy shot out of Slight Trace’s horn towards Luna and Sassy. As the human girl braced herself, her right arm began to glow, creating a red barrier that surrounded them.

“What the?!” shouted Slight Trace, as an explosion occurred. She and Adelinde coughed violently until the smoke cleared, noticing that Luna and Sassy were nowhere to be seen.

“You’re the tracker, Slight Trace,” replied Adelinde. “Find them.”

“Don’t order me around. Besides, you wouldn’t need an expert tracker to see that.” The unicorn spotted a nearby door left ajar. “Too easy.”


“Thanks for helping us out there,” Luna said. She, Sassy, rth pony stepped outside the building.

“No problem,” replied the earth pony. Her mane was blue and her coat was turquoise. “I saw and heard enough. You don’t seem to be like the rest of those creatures that attacked Canterlot.”

Sassy hung back, studying the earth pony.

“Is something wrong, Sassy?” asked Luna.

“Wait a minute! I know who you are!” Sassy shouted with glee.

“You… do?”

“Oh my, it seems I’ve run into another fan here,” replied the earth pony.

“Excuse me?”

“Allow me,” Sassy turned towards Luna. “This is Blue Melody, a new but well-known singer in Equestria.”

“I’m still nowhere near as popular as Sapphire Shores or Coloratura,” Blue Melody smiled. “But it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“My name is Sassy Saddles. I work at Canterlot Boutique,” replied Sassy.

“And my name is Luna,” Luna added.

“Luna? As in the princess?” Blue Melody asked.

“Who?”

“She is one of the two rulers of Equestria… and an alicorn at that,” Sassy explained.

“Oh,” Luna responded. “I’m going to get that a lot, aren’t I? I’m starting to think I should’ve been given a different name.”

The trio stopped in front of a door. Above was a sign that seemed to depict an elephant holding a spoon.

“Here we are,” Blue Melody said. “It’s not the hotel we’ve originally booked, but given the circumstances, we’ve had to make do.”

“‘We’?” asked Luna.

Blue Melody knocked on the door with her hoof.

“Who is it?” inquired a male voice.

“Sweetheart, it’s me!”

The door was opened by a chartreuse-colored earth pony with black and white stripes in his mane. “Blue Melody!” the male pony said, embracing her. He then looked at the individuals behind her. “You!”

“Uh… hi…” Luna nervously waved at the stallion glaring at her.

“Why in Equestria are YOU here?!”

Luna was taken aback by his words. “But I…”

Blue Melody stepped in front of him. “Now, now, she’s not one of them. I promise.”

“Why should I believe that?”

“I wouldn’t have brought her here if I thought she was going to hurt us.”

“…Fine, but that creature is to stay away from the rest of us,” the stallion headed back inside. “You’re really pushing it this time.”

“No need to be like that!” Blue Melody turned back towards Luna. “I’m sorry about him. He’s a little…”

“I know,” Luna replied with a melancholic expression.

As they stepped inside the building, they noticed tables and booths decorating the wooden floor. Fillies sat at the tables eating carefully prepared food.

“This is the Tasty Treat,” Blue Melody stated. “I came here with my boyfriend—Sour Note, whom you just met—because it was recommended by all the locals… despite what a particular food critic says. We thought we’d try the food, anyway.”

“Blue Melody, did you find more lost fillies?” asked a female voice. A unicorn emerged from the back kitchen. “Who do we have—ahh!”

“Saffron, darling, what’s wrong?” asked a large male unicorn. He froze upon seeing Luna. All eyes in the room focused on the human.

“Apparently, my girlfriend thought it was a good idea to bring that creature here,” said Sour Note. “Says she’s not of them, Coriander.”

“I refuse to believe this. That thing needs to leave! It is not welcome here!” Coriander replied.

“Maybe I should go,” Luna said.

“Let me handle this,” Blue Melody grinned.

Luna nodded and glimpsed out the window. “Leo, I hope you’re okay.”


“It’s my move!” Carter stated.

Leo
LP: 4000
SPC: 2 + 1 = 3

Carter
LP: 1800
SPC: 2 + 1 = 3

“I Summon Genex Undine!”

Genex Undine
LV: 3
ATK: 1200

“When Genex Undine is Normal Summoned, I can send a WATER monster from my Deck to the Graveyard to add a Genex Controller to my hand! Then I activate the effect of Genex Spare! Since I control another “Genex” monster, I can have its name be treated as Genex Controller this turn!”

“Here it comes…” Leo thought.

“I tune Level 3 Genex Spare, being treated as Genex Controller, with Level 3 Genex Undine!”

3 + 3 = 6

“With the components of the wind, the water, and the darkness! Emerge as the master of these elements! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Genex Ally Triarm!”

Genex Ally Triarm
LV: 6
ATK: 2400

“And now, once per turn, by discarding a card from my hand, I can use one of Genex Ally Triarm’s effects, depending on the Attribute of the Synchro Materials I used for its Summon!” Carter continued, discarding a card. “The one I’ll use is this: I can destroy a LIGHT monster on your field! And it just so happens that your Morphtronic Radion’s Attribute is LIGHT!”

Carter’s Synchro Monster pointed the turret on the end of its left arm at Leo’s machine, firing a burst of dark energy and destroying it.

“With your monster out of the way, I’ll have Genex Ally Triarm attack you directly!” Carter stated. Another burst of energy fired at Leo.

After being struck, Leo struggled to regain his balance.

Leo
LP: 4000 – 2400 = 1600
SPC: 3

“Seems like you’re not in much of a condition to continue,” observed Carter.

“If you think I’m giving up, you’ve got another thing coming!” Leo retorted.

Carter scoffed. “I’ll Set two cards face-down and end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn!” Leo drew a card.

Leo
LP: 1600
SPC: 3 + 1 = 4

Carter
LP: 1800
SPC: 3 + 1 = 4

Leo glanced at the card he drew. “Alright!” he thought excitedly. “I activate the Speed Spell – Vision Wind! Since I have at least 2 Speed Counters, I can Special Summon a Level 2 or lower monster from my Graveyard, but it gets destroyed during the End Phase! Return now, Morphtronic Celfon!”

Morphtronic Celfon
LV: 1
ATK: 100

“I activate Celfon’s effect! Dial Up!”

The keypad on his machine’s chest flickered once more until stopping on 3.

“Here goes…” Leo picked up three cards from the top of his Deck. “Aw, yeah!”

“What is he up to?” Carter wondered.

“I Special Summon the Tuner monster Morphtronic Remoten in Attack Position!”

Morphtronic Remoten
LV: 3
ATK: 300

“Remoten’s effect! Since it’s in Attack Position, by banishing a “Morphtronic” from my Graveyard, I can add another “Morphtronic” with the same Level from my Deck to my hand! I banish Morphtronic Datatron from my Graveyard, then I’ll add Morphtronic Boarden to my hand and Normal Summon it!”

Morphtronic Boarden
LV: 3
ATK: 500

“I now tune Level 3 Morphtronic Remoten with my Level 1 Morphtronic Celfon and Level 3 Morphtronic Boarden!”

3 + 1 + 3 = 7

“Docking strength with courage to protect the world's peace! Synchro Summon! Envoy of love and justice, Power Tool Dragon!”

Power Tool Dragon
LV: 7
ATK: 2300

The mechanical dragon appeared and hovered above Leo’s head.

“Let’s go, Power Tool!” Leo shouted. His monster let out a mechanical roar.


Blue Melody approached Luna once more. “Good news and bad news,” she said.

“Oh?” Luna responded.

“Good news is that you can stay here.”

“And the bad news?”

“Bad news is that you can’t go beyond these first two tables.”

“That’s fine. I understand.” Luna turned to see Sassy speaking casually with Saffron and Coriander, then glimpsed at all the fillies in the room.

“These fillies have yet to be found by their parents. Coriander and Saffron have agreed to let them stay until I can find their parents and bring them here.”

“They got separated. And because of the attacks, there are very few ponies willing to step outside, even more so because many of the ones that have were assaulted and either barely made it back home alive or… not at all…”

“That’s horrible…”

“So those creatures… that seem to be the same species as you… are you and they from the same world?” questioned Blue Melody.

“Most likely. I’m not even entirely sure how my brother and I got here, let alone them,” answered Luna.

“I see.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yes?”

“That unicorn Sassy and I met… Slight Trace. She said something about having a special talent and something called ‘Elements’. Do you know what that means?” inquired Luna.

“I guess being from another world means you don’t know about ponykind here.”

Luna shook her head.

“All ponies have a special talent from the day they are born. Once they discover what that is, a cutie mark appears on their flank that symbolizes that talent.” Blue Melody turned so that her cutie mark, in the form of a set of paired eighth-notes, was visible to Luna. “Mine is singing.”

“I see. So what about these ‘Elements’ I heard about?”

“That has more to do with one of the many legends of Equestria, one regarding a group of objects called the Elements of Harmony. From what I’ve heard, they’ve been the reason some major threats in recent years have been defeated, though I haven’t seen them for myself.”

“Uh-huh…”

The ground shook violently, causing Luna and Blue Melody to jump. Fillies screamed as they ran from the kitchen.

“What is it?” asked Saffron.

“Th-th-there’s something scary outside the window…” Luna looked around to see the outside of the windows blocked. “Scales…?”

The building continued to shake until the roof was ripped off.

“Our restaurant!” Coriander and Saffron cried.

The scaled creature instantly vanished.

“Found you,” said a female voice.

“No way…” Luna mumbled, turning towards her. “You!”

“My, my, what do we have here?” Adelinde grinned.

“How did you find us so quickly?” It immediately hit her.


“All ponies have a special talent from the day they are born. Once they discover what that is, a cutie mark appears on their flank that symbolizes that talent.” Blue Melody turned so that her cutie mark, in the form of a set of paired eighth-notes, was visible to Luna. “Mine is singing.”


“Call it my special talent: I’m one of the best trackers in Equestria. Slight Trace is the name.”


“Of course…” Luna said. “That’s how they found us with Sassy in the first place…!”

“How dare you do this to destroy the restaurant my daughter and I value so much!” Coriander screamed.

“I’m not even going to bother with you,” Adelinde replied, placing a card on her activated Duel Disk. A reptile-like monster quickly appeared and wrapped itself around Coriander, squeezing him.

“Father!” Saffron shrieked.

“Such delicious prey…” the woman said, under her breath.

“Let him go!” demanded Luna, activating her Duel Disk.

“Fine.” Her monster vanished.

Coriander fell to the ground. His daughter rushed to his side.

“Father, are you alright?” Saffron asked, tears in her eyes.

“Yes, I’m fine… but… our restaurant…” The two held each other tightly.

Blue Melody and Sassy began tending to the frightened fillies, as Luna stared intently at Adelinde.

“This will be fun,” Adelinde grinned, licking her lips.

Author's Note:

Turning that dial up just a bit.

EDIT 5/18/17: Another feature. Probably will be just as brief.

PreviousChapters Next