• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,508 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,508

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 16: Dissonance

Yusei, with Twilight sharing the seat on his Duel Runner behind him, remained silent as he continued down the Duel Lane, with Crow in close pursuit.

“I won’t say it again,” Crow replied.

“Why? Aren’t you two supposed to be friends?” Twilight asked.

“It’s no use, Twilight,” Yusei spoke.

“What?”

“Something’s wrong with him.”

“Well, obviously!” Twilight remarked.

“That’s not what I—”

A rumble interrupted Yusei’s words. The two Runners immediately halted as large green tentacles covered in thorns burst through the Duel Lane between them, obscuring their view of one another.

“What is this?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Yusei! Twilight!” a female voice called out to them. Yusei and Twilight glanced toward the upcoming fork in the Duel Lane to see Akiza in a red motorcycle suit and helmet that matched her Duel Runner’s coat, signaling them to follow her.

“Akiza!” Yusei responded.

“Let’s go!” Akiza shouted.

“Got it. Twilight, hang on!”

“Whooooaaaa!” Twilight yelled, as Yusei sped forward behind Akiza.

The tentacles vanished. Crow looked past the gap in the bridge that obstructed his path. Scoffing, he turned around and drove off.


“Looks like I caught up to you two just in time,” Akiza stated, driving alongside Yusei and Twilight.

“What was with those tentacles?! Did you do that?” Twilight quickly questioned. “How did you do that?”

“I’m a Psychic Duelist.”

“Psychic… Duelist?”

“Some Duelists have the power to use their cards outside a Duel, making any damage they cause real. They are called ‘Psychic Duelists’.”

“Real… damage? So does that mean…”

“No,” Yusei said. “Out of the world’s population of Duelists, only a fraction of them are actually Psychic Duelists. The difference between them and everyone else is very noticeable. Only Psychic Duelists can give their monsters and cards physical form and cause real damage. We may feel impacts from our Duels, but it would be much worse facing a Psychic Duelist, like Akiza, should they choose to use their powers. The only other cases where a Duel can cause physical damage would be if two powerful forces clashed.”

“Sounds pretty dangerous…” Twilight commented.

“Don’t worry. I’ve already learned to control my powers a long time ago,” Akiza reassured her.

“So what are we going to do about Crow?”

“Crow? That was him following you?” Akiza asked.

“Yeah,” Yusei answered.

“But why is he…?”

“I don’t know… but I do know he’s not himself.”

“Not himself?”


Yusei managed to get a glimpse past the visor on Crow’s helmet for the first time. “What are… those eyes…?” All he could see was a blank expression in Crow’s eyes.


“His eyes… something isn’t right about them,” Yusei continued.

“What do you mean?” Twilight questioned.

“I don’t know yet.”

“Yusei…” Akiza mumbled. “Huh?”

The three of them glanced behind them as they saw an approaching Duel Runner merge onto the lane they were on.

“You can’t escape,” Crow said.

“Crow?!” Akiza exclaimed.

Crow moved his hand to push a button on his Duel Runner.

“Wait! I’ll be your opponent!” Akiza stated.

“What?” Crow said.

“Akiza!” Yusei responded.

“But why?” Twilight added.

“Yusei, you said so yourself,” Akiza replied.


“Crow? That was him following you?” Akiza asked.

“Yeah,” Yusei answered.

“But why is he…?”

“I don’t know… but I do know he’s not himself.”


“If he’s not himself… then I’ll be the one to bring him to his senses,” Akiza stated.

“Got it,” Yusei nodded.

“Be careful, Akiza,” Twilight warned.

Akiza nodded back.

“Fine, then,” Crow said. “You need to be taken into custody as well, for being his accomplice and aiding in his escape.” He pressed a button on his Duel Runner’s monitor.

“OVERRIDING SUSPECT DUEL RUNNER,” a computer voice said, as the Speed World 2 card appeared Akiza’s and Crow’s screens. “DUEL MODE ENGAGED.”

Both then drew five cards from their Decks.

DUEL!
Akiza (LP 4000) VS Crow (LP 4000)

As the battle began, Yusei, Akiza, and Crow all flinched at the strong pulse in their right arms.

“Yusei?” Twilight said.

“My mark…” Yusei mumbled.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine… this Duel… things are going to get rough.”

“It’s my turn!” Akiza declared, drawing a sixth card. “I Summon Dark Verger in Attack Position!” A small plant with two large leaves, an eye opening at the center of each one, appeared next to her.

Dark Verger
LV: 2
ATK: 0

“I Set three cards face-down and end my turn.”

“A monster with no ATK…?” Crow mumbled.

“What’s she doing?” Yusei wondered as he and Twilight watched in anticipation.

“My turn,” Crow stated.

Akiza
LP: 4000
SPC: 0 + 1 = 1

Crow
LP: 4000
SPC: 0 + 1 = 1

“I Summon Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn!” A feathered humanoid being descended next to Crow.

Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn
LV: 5
ATK: 2000

“Since you control a monster and I don’t, Sirocco the Dawn can be Normal Summoned without Tribute. And now, since I control a face-up “Blackwing” monster, I can Special Summon these two from my hand!” Crow grabbed two additional cards from his hand. “Blackwing – Bora the Spear!”

Blackwing – Bora the Spear
LV: 4
ATK: 1700

“Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind!”

Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
LV: 3
ATK: 1300

“Three monsters already?” Twilight commented.

“I’m not done. From my hand, I activate the Trap Card Delta Crow – Anti Reverse!”

“A Trap from the hand?!” Akiza exclaimed.

“That’s right. Since I control at least three face-up “Blackwing” monsters, it can be activated directly from my hand. This card destroys all of your Set Spell and Trap Cards!” Lightning bolts shot from the dark gray clouds above towards Akiza’s cards.

“I won’t let you! I activate the Trap Card Rose Illusion!” A barrier appeared and deflected the lightning. “The activation of your Spell or Trap Card is negated and a Plant-Type monster I control switches to Defense Position.”

Dark Verger
LV: 2
DEF: 1000

“Then we both draw one card,” Akiza continued, she and Crow both drawing an additional card.

“In that case, I activate the effect of Gale the Whirlwind!” Crow stated. His winged beast flapped its large wings once to create a large gust that struck Akiza’s plant. “Once per turn, I can halve the ATK and DEF of one of your monsters.”

Dark Verger
LV: 2
DEF: 1000 / 2 = 500

“Next, I activate the effect of Sirocco the Dawn. Once per turn, one “Blackwing” monster I control gains the ATK of every other “Blackwing” monster I control. However, any “Blackwing” other than the powered up monster cannot attack this turn. I give the ATK of Sirocco the Dawn and Gale the Whirlwind to Bora the Spear!”

Blackwing – Bora the Spear
LV: 4
ATK: 1700 + 2000 + 1300 = 5000

“5000 ATK…” Yusei mumbled. “And on top of that… if Bora attacks a Defense Position monster, piercing damage is inflicted…”

“Piercing damage?” Twilight asked.

“It’s exactly what the phrase suggests. Normally, when an Attack Position monster battles a Defense Position monster with DEF lower than its ATK, no Battle Damage is inflicted. But…”

“You mean… even though her monster is in Defense Position… she’ll still take damage?”

“That’s right.”

“That’s not good…”

“Go! Bora the Spear!” Crow commanded. “Attack Dark Verger!” His beast raised its spear and charged forward.

“If this attack gets through, Akiza will take 4500 points of piercing damage!” Yusei stated.

“That won’t happen!” Akiza countered. “I activate the Trap Wall of Thorns! When a Plant-Type monster I control is attacked, all of the opponent’s Attack Position monsters are destroyed!” Several thorny vines appeared between Bora and Dark Verger. An explosion occurred as Bora collided with the vines. Smoke covered the field.

“All right… now Crow doesn’t have anything, right?” Twilight commented with moderate excitement.

“No…” Yusei replied.

“Huh?”

A chuckle was heard from Crow.

“What?!” Akiza gasped as Crow’s beast continued its attack, the smoke quickly fading away as the monster burst towards Dark Verger.

“No way!” Yusei shouted.

“Too bad,” Crow smirked. “I’ve activated the monster effect of Dark Wing Wroc from my hand.”

“‘Dark Wing’?”

“By sending it to the Graveyard, I can make all DARK monsters I currently control unaffected by card effects until the end of the turn. Now go! Bora the Spear! Obliterate Dark Verger!”

“I activate the Trap Card Ground Capture!” Akiza frantically stated, as her plant was smashed. “The Battle Damage I take is halved!”

Another explosion occurred. Smoke briefly overtook Akiza.

5000 – 500 = 4500

4500 / 2 = 2250

Akiza
LP: 4000 – 2250 = 1750
SPC: 1

“No way…” Twilight could not help but gaze at the injured Akiza as the smoke cleared. “Akiza, are you all right?”

“I’m fine… It’s not over yet,” Akiza answered.

“Is… is this…”

“Yeah… this is what I was talking about earlier…” Yusei replied.

“Since I took more than 1000 damage, I can draw one card,” Akiza continued.

“This is crazy,” Twilight commented again. “To put your own well-being on the line like this… for a card game…”

“It’ll be fine. Yusei and I will protect you, Twilight.” She smiled at the alicorn.

“Akiza…”

“When you’re done chatting, I’ll continue,” Crow interrupted. “I now tune Level 3 Gale the Whirlwind with Level 5 Sirocco the Dawn!”

The three Signers felt another strong pulse in their arms, as their marks began to glow.

“Wait…” Akiza mumbled.

“He must be…” Yusei added.

“It’s over for you,” Crow said.

3 + 5 = 8

“Darkened squalls, become the wings that soar from resolved hope! Synchro Summon! Soar, Black-Winged Dragon!”

Black-Winged Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2800

“Black-Winged Dragon now?!” Akiza exclaimed.

“Crow…” Yusei mumbled. “If you’ve Summoned Black-Winged Dragon…”

Crow grabbed the last two cards in his hand. “I’ll Set two cards face-down and end my turn,” he concluded.

Blackwing – Bora the Spear
LV: 4
ATK: 5000 – 3300 = 1700

“Crow, is this what you meant?” Akiza asked.


“Wait, Crow. You don’t seriously think Yusei is guilty of crimes, do you?” Akiza asked.

“I don’t know what to think of that right now, Akiza,” Crow replied. “But I do know this… once I find out the truth… I’ll have no choice.” He started his Duel Runner and drove towards the highway.

“Crow!” Akiza called after him, despite her voice not reaching him.


“Is this what you’ve decided to do?” Akiza asked again.

Crow remained silent, as his dragon and spear-wielding winged beast floated in the air behind him.

“Answer me, Crow!”

“You won’t… you won’t stop me,” Crow replied.

Yusei and Twilight looked on in anticipation.

Akiza clenched her fist. “Fine… I’ll do everything I can… to wake you up!”

Author's Note:

Somewhat shorter chapter this time, but the next one will definitely have a bit more to it.

Parts of this could've been written better, though.

PreviousChapters Next