• Published 17th May 2013
  • 573 Views, 6 Comments

The spirits of the forest - Death Moon



two giants, you're brave ponies, ancient and mysterious stories.

  • ...
6
 6
 573

An ancient threat

The days followed one another at ease in Ponyville, for citizenship and for newcomers.
More and more were made strong links between Garland, Iacopo and those people, who with incredible courage had faced a very ancient legend welcoming them into the country.
The two giants had already found a way to repay helping people, thanks to the impressive physique had done a lot of heavy work with incredible ease. Some even discussed the possibility have them join the Closing of Winter are confident that with the two giants and the guide element of magic the work would be completed in record time.
Yet both were not easy.
Iacopo had discovered that his great battle against Mephisto, he had lost his friends, was unknown as well as the fate of his people, for having always lived for most of the war and the battle now he was persecuted by the thirst for blood feared would take him to use his weapons on the ponies, while Garland was afraid that his ferocious nature, who had helped him to survive, he had the upper hand again and take him to make those terrible acts that had marked his life, fears that it could take it without any reason with the innocent.
Luckily there was one thing that prevented both of losing their soul and revert to the wild beasts of a distant time and they were the regular visits of the puppies in the village, although it still amazed by its majestic Apple Bloom, Scootalo, Sweetie Belle and all the atria puppies often went into the barn, often together with their teacher, where the two lived, more and more eager to hear their stories so interesting, their personal stories and myths and legends of their homelands.
The two had been smart enough to romanticize their stories, especially the legends of Diomedi in which the blood flowed freely, and those of Sleipnir where death reigned supreme, so as not to frighten those puppies which inspired the giants never felt a tenderness .
The same was planning Rarity often a way to create custom-made suits, but was forced to give up due to lack of mannequins that size and with the same number of legs, and wings for fabrics such large sistemargli accessories from head and also the availability of the two to talk about the fashion of their places of birth.
However, one night could not sleep either, perhaps because the past had come back to bite the giants by weighing their past by soldiers
"Garland can not sleep huh?"
"No! Nor do you seem to have much luck! "
"Yeah. You know it is a bit 'that I'm thinking ... but what the hell are we doing here? "
"I do not know my friend, these ponies who have welcomed with open arms and treat us as friends but I feel out of place!"
"Me too. You know I think the fault of our origin, thou hast been created to destroy and terrorize people and then you have that strange symbol on the side, while I am the perfect soldier, only that a soldier without a war or without a purpose in life is useless ! And do not talk Cutie Mark because my folks did not have that magic "and he turned his head to his side," then I do not understand why the people here from so much importance to a tattoo! "
"I believe that we will not solve anything by staying here! It behooves us to take a stroll and maybe the night will help us and in any case the Cutie Mark is a symbol that appears on the side of each pony when he discovers his special talent that makes it unique is a magical time and expected by every pony! "
Having said that the abandonment of his three-cornered hat makeshift bed of hay and left out in the open followed by the soldier.
Wandering around the streets of Ponyville, including the homes of people who enjoyed a well-deserved rest from the labors of the day, Garland sought peace without an answer to his questions. Because those things were happening to him?
"Can not sleep?" Asked a friendly voice, right behind Iacopo. It did not take long to conclude that the voice came from Twilight.
"It's nothing, we just needed a little 'air ... how come you're not sleeping, "he asked curiously then Garland. The response was swift:
"I have to study the motion of some stars to perfect some spells. Can I help you with something? "Then asked the purple unicorn, with a smile. "There ... I still can not comprehend a thing. Why did this happen? "Said Iacopo calmly and then go see the curious gaze of the element of magic
"I will be very grateful for everything that has happened since you have given me a better life. I've changed, and finally made happy with what you have. I have accepted of you but ... why? What made you decide to travel to the darkest depths of the Everfree Forest and convince me and my friend to get out of that hell broke? "
At that point, Twilight stood up, his horn could not touches the belly of Garland, the one closest to her and tried to look at both the giants.
"Listen ... I'll be honest. It all started because of my stubbornness, "he said, with a very serious tone.
"I had been told of a legend, something that frightened the inhabitants of the forest, and he was terrified Fluttershy further evidence. I never wanted to believe the legends, and I decided to go all the way to this story: I wanted to find out what incutesse so scared in all people but that he had never done harm, and this seemed strange to me! The rest .... Well you were present.
But I do not want you to believe that you are only a trivial "proof" of the falsity of a legend, you have become our friends. We have heard your stories and we decided we had to help, perhaps without even asking permission ... and for that I apologize to you both.
But it is thanks to your arrival we learned not to fear what they do not even know, to open ourselves to ... um ... ".
"I believe the term you are looking for is different." Garland continued, sounding almost sad. He understood that Twilight did not want to say that word, "different", not to hurt him.
"Er ... yes, that. But you are not different from us. Did you have only one life more .... ahem! "
"I think the word that sounds better both warrior!" Said Iacopo remained silent until then.
"It is not really the word I would use but that's okay, and then the mayor was right: we have helped you, and you have helped us. We love you for who you are "
And for the first time in his life, Garland moved wept while at the same time for the first time the face of Iacopo was lined with noble tears of joy because that was the answer he was looking for since his arrival in Ponyville.
The next morning, life in the city resumed its usual course with both the giants to work Garland had become even more sociable, now that he had received the answer he was looking for he knew now that his six "saviors" had done initially almost challenge, to debunk a myth that enveloped him like a black cloak, and had exploited the situation to their advantage. Now he could finally sleep soundly: his restless spirit was appeased and his inner torments seemed gone, James meanwhile had found a new purpose in life
A few days later Iacopo and received a Garland invited to a party in honor of Princess Celestia, through which a message had announced his arrival there in days, of course the people would do their best to accept it and they pulled out for the occasion their best clothes.
"Hey Garland've read correctly the invitation? It says wedding ceremony and we do not have a dress like that! "
"Well here we can do:
1) There is present
2) We introduce ourselves but naked, and this could be a problem.
3) Let's do them to us!
I would prefer the third option! "
"Even if it costs me a lot to admit I must admit that you're right! Although I fear that it will be very difficult to find someone to help us ..... "
Just then Rarity and Fluttershy with a running of fabrics and textiles
"I see that you have already received invitations! Now stand still and let me do it! "Said the designer starting to use a tape measure to take measurements of the giants.
"Have you seen Iacopo we also have the personal seamstress ... I can see a sample of fabrics to decide on the color?" Said the three-cornered hat
"Of course! James stands still please you already have so many legs if you move all the time not be able to take measures fortunately the party is in a week, otherwise I would never have been able to fulfill orders, and tests the night before! Fluttershy take the meter and give me the measure of his shoulder "
"Um excuse me but the fact is that I never went to a tailor. In my country the dress was a status symbol, only the richest and most important pony could get a dress, however, if the evidence is next Tuesday I'm afraid you can not be there from the start! "
"Why do not you start there?" He the friend of animals intent on flying around the warrior while Garland was studying carefully the catalog.
"Next Tuesday, I have to check the status of the source in the mountains south of the town and the work must be done in the evening because that's when the light of the moon reflected on the windows of the cave reveals the natural situation, during the day the sun's reflection disturbs the comments! "
"Ah it's true! Well do the job and then get changed and come to the party right? Then Garland did you choose this dress? Uhm I see you have good taste god let you as soon as possible! Dear've marked the measures of Jacopo? "
"It! Now I measure Garland and James choose! "
"Oh Iacopo if you do not find anything to your taste!"
"It does not have already opted for this, which reminds me of a military uniform. I'm still a soldier! "
"Oh, then I'll make a uniform that rivals the guard Celestia!" Said the seamstress smiling.
A week after the ponies found themselves in the party room was ready, the orchestra was heated and the inhabitants, adorned with the most flamboyant and colorful clothes, began to crowd the place eager to throw himself into the dance. It was a dress rehearsal for the arrival of the princess, a test to make sure everything was working at its best, although most people considered him (to their delight) a veritable feast, pony stood out among the many Garland also wearing a large cloak decorated with patterns in flames, colored with shades from yellow to scarlet with a series of triangular tear to make it as a side dish.
The large portal of the hall was more than enough to pass comfortably Garland, and the living room does not create a problem: high, illuminated with different types of lights and very wide. The only problem was the dance floor would have been virtually impossible for him to Ballard without bumping into at least ten other people ... but it was not his problem, not loved to dance, Jacopo had not yet arrived but had the excuse of work to be done, however, and had said that if there was to much trouble would have made an entry stage, of course, all the ponies had been agreed and expected to see him arrive.
Suddenly you hear the sound of a gunshot, a green ray can open a hole in the ground. A large green smoke, a column of emerald light, a noise that pervaded the environment and kept him stunned guests. Intrusion. Intrusion in the form of pony almost as tall as Princess Celestia, completely black, with hair of a dirty blue, the wings of the mosquito and the curious holes at the legs and the wings themselves. Twilight and her friends were well aware of the intruder ...
"Oh, what a good party, my dear. He married someone else? "Was the phrase debut Chrysalis, the evil queen of the Changelings.
"You ..." he commented so Twilight, while the other ponies were left speechless. On the other hand, the guests stopped to take their surprised expressions and one by one all of a sudden changed appearance, in a flash: the ponies were similar to Chrysalis completely blacks and sharp teeth and looks very cruel. Changelings The most commonly mutated or changes shape.
The evil queen reached the six ponies and Garland, the only beings or non-Changeling across the hall.
"Oh, who's back!
The only one that I had discovered, I guess like you're worrying about your little friends ... are all locked in their homes, guarded by my subjects. I'll take care, hahaha! "He said, with a chuckle. By now the astonishment of the pony was converted into pure nervousness, as well as a sense of helplessness: surrounded by dozens of Changelings who held them at your range, they could not do anything at all, as well as their friend.
"What are you doing here?" Said Twilight.
"See, honey ... the other time, in Cancerlot, you have won your friends, and I've never forgotten. So, before resuming my plans to feed my people, I thought to eliminate you.
I would say that every queen who has at heart the welfare of his subjects would have done so, no? You are a bloody thorn in the side of my plans and without you nothing can prevent me to feed my people, "said Chrysalis, from cruel all'arrabbiato in a moment.
His entrance was quick and its effective plan: indeed a village like Ponyville sure you did not have a force field and dozens of guards as Cancerlot.
"But .... how the hell did you ... "Applejack said, appalled.
"Oh, that was easy ... it was enough to catch your neighbors one at a time and replace it with my subjects on the sly. I'm not great? "Then replied Chrysalis, euphoric.
"But I'm not going to go any further. I talked too much! Now you elimin ... oh. You forgot! "He broke off suddenly, noticing the glare of Garland. It seemed to have noticed only at the time of his presence.
"Look who we have here ..." The tricorn was watching from the top of its height with an expression that would have forced everyone to flee.
"You again! I thought I made it clear that I will join you, never to become the king of your hordes of idiots changes shape. "
"V-You know each other?" Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
"Yes I do not know how, but while I was wandering Equestria in search of a home Chrysalis knew me. He has tried countless times to convince me to join her and promised the title of king, but I always refused ... by force. "
"Oh yes, my Changelings still bear the wounds of your ... violent trash, treasure. I see that you still remember of my proposals, I hope you've thought seriously in recent years in which I have tried to person, even the fact that I felt strong legends of a being who made the earth tremble.
Of course I did not expect to find yourself here and say that I wanted to win this village then offer it to you as a gift! Would not it be nice to my dear king turn this place into our house? "
They were face to face, although the evil queen arrived at the base of the neck, counting the horn.
The pony could barely believe their ears Queen Chrysalis was doing everything to convince their friend to marry her because not only did sweet eyes but moved in a deliberately provocative rubbing the side legs of the giant blushing, looked like a filly with her lover.
"At first think about it, you would have a kingdom to rule as you want, a love nest in which to live your nights, a group of loyal and disciplined soldiers with which to conquer anything, a wife ready to churn out so many loyal subjects in little time and all you need to do and accept the crown "and before the eyes of the pony a second radius green parts of the ground, making it appear a crown of malachite titan-sized clearly fits the head of the three-cornered hat.
"On my dear wears the crown and you will have the supreme power of all the mutants in the world and if you still refuse ... I think some of your ......" friends "will not see the dawn!"
At that moment the door opened and a shape-shifts as taut as a violin string entered quickly becoming Rarity and in a tone suitable to his state of mind made:
"Majesty, I saw Gungnir well planted in the ground in front of a cave!"
Even before the queen could answer a second shape-shifts seriously worried she entered and became Applejack made:
"Majesty, I was checking that there was no pony escaped when I saw Excalibur, the sword that cuts off our magic. leaning against an outside wall of a barn! "
The door was closed when a new shape-shifts, completely white, the background is constantly changing shape, but not the color, I begin to speak;
"King .... Quenn ..... Mjöllnir "
At that moment came that made Spike:
"Twilight .. Iacopo says that we are under attack and that changes shape ...! "
And at that moment lightning strikes and all the little dragon and everyone could see Iacopo wearing a long red tunic fastened by brooches in gold and silver, between the second and the third pair of legs wearing a black leather belt fastened with a buckle bronze at whose right hand was hanging Excalibur wrapped in a sheath of bronze, his head was protected by a helmet, quietly leaning against the wall fiddling with his hammer and his spear.
"News fresh sucker! You're late and much saw that the queen has already fallen in the field! "
So staring at all those present with bloodthirsty eyes and a voice as sharp as a razor made.
"Who wants to die first? Come forward on that here are Gungnir, Mjöllnir and Excalibur ready to see your ichor! "