• Published 17th May 2013
  • 2,011 Views, 111 Comments

The Thirty Minute Dash - Esle Ynopemos



Nopony's faster than the Dash!

  • ...
3
 111
 2,011

3: Me and the Mares I Love [Romance]

((Prompt: Three ups and three downs of three ponies being in love.))

Polyamorous relationship? Geez, Twi, what an egghead way to put it.

No, I know what the word means. It's just that it's such a big word, totally unnecessary for what it really is. I love Pinkie. I love Rarity. They love each other, and they love me. Love, Twi. It's as simple as that. You don't need to tack on all those extra syllables.

No, it's all right, Twilight. It's just fine. But since you asked, that's the first thing; a lot of ponies don't get it. They think we do it to be different, or because we're too weak to choose, or some kind of horsefeathers like that. They don't get that it really is just love, just like if it was just two of us.

You get used to shrugging it off pretty quick. Who cares if somepony doesn't get it? There's only three ponies that need to understand: me, and the two mares I'm in love with.

But yeah, enough about that. Let's see, what is there to say about what Rare, Pinkie and I have?

I suppose, other than other ponies, the thing you gotta watch out for is that you have twice as many ponies there to get mad at you if you screw up.

Oh yeah, Pinkie definitely gets mad. She's not as good at showing it as Rarity is, and sometimes I don't think she realizes it herself when she gets angry, but it's there. You gotta look for the signs, and when you spot them, you gotta be extra careful. Pinkie'll keep smiling right on up to the point she breaks into tears if you don't pay attention to her.

Fortunately, I got Rarity to back me up. She's got good eyes, and good instincts. She catches things I don't always spot. That's one of the awesome things about this whole deal. You got twice as many ponies looking out for you. When Rarity gets into one of her moods, Pinkie's there to help me bring her back up for air. We keep each other standing, we keep each other balanced. It's real cool.

And that brings up another thing, too. I get to see a side of each of them that I never would have gotten to see if the other wasn't there. You wouldn't believe how good Pinkie cleans up, Twi. Without anypony to tell her otherwise, she'd be just fine going along with her mane bouncing in the air and wearing nothing but a smile. And if it was just me with her, she'd never have a reason to be any different. But lemme tell you, Twi, when Rarity puts that pink hair up in braids and gets her to wear one of those nice dresses... oh wow, you've never seen anything like it.

And then Pinkie gets Rarity to let her mane down once in a while. I love that mare even when she is a little uptight, but when she lets herself start having a bit of fun, well, it's a whole new side of her, and I fall for her that much harder. There was this one time when Pinkie broke open a whole barrel of pickles. I thought Rare was gonna have a stroke, but...

Oh, hey, I think that's Rarity now. I did tell her I was gonna model a dress for one of her pegasus clients today. That's one for both sides of your list. There's never a moment's rest with those two, but there's never a dull moment, either! I better fly!

Oh, and Twilight?

Good luck with A.J. and Fluttershy. I really hope it works out for you.