• Published 15th May 2013
  • 601 Views, 0 Comments

Ghosts of the past - Timstro59



A strange force works from behind the scenes to unsure that certain events play out.

  • ...
 0
 601

Chapter 3

As a green earth pony colt walked up Sugar cube Corner he thought about walk he would call himself. ‘dirt? Nah, too racy. Grass? Nah, still too racy. Ah I've got it. Green Pasture.’ A flash appeared from his flank. ‘huh? What’s this? The sun shining over a green field of grass. Appropriate to say the least.’ He thought about it for a second. 'It’s still a bit strange.’

On his way to the corner, he happened to look up and a saw a green motion trail flying through the air. Then he saw it stop in the air then take a dive straight towards the ground, He saw the trail grow longer and longer as the Pegasus making it go faster and faster until, its stopped completely. Then he saw an orange Pegasus tumbling through the air. He then facehoofed at the sight and groaned. ‘He should have known our abilities were diminished.’

He arrived at Sugar cube Corner shortly after witnessing the crash landing, he didn't feel the need to check on the Pegasus, even after hearing him shout out “why am I still spinning?”. He walked in through the front door and saw a blue earth pony standing at the counter. “Hello, welcome to Sugar cube corner. What can I get for you?” (I bet you’re tired of seeing that written by now. Aren't you?) Pasture asked “I’m actually looking for Pinkie Pie. Is she here?” The blue mare looked at him for a moment before replying “She’s upstairs in her room. She’s very depressed right now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she won’t let you see her. Give me a second I’ll let you know you’re here.” Pasture spoke up, “No need. I’ll be fine.” He started up the stairs. “Her room is the third on the left.” “Thank you.”

He walked up the stairs thinking ‘I hope she isn't in Pinkamena mode right now.’ As he approached her room he could hear a quiet sniffling sound. He knocked on her door, and the sniffling stopped. “What do you want?” the pink pony inside asked through the door. He replied “I heard you were sad and I came to help.” The door opened slightly and Pasture could Pinkie through the gap. Her coat was a darker shade of pink than normal and her mane was completely deflated. “How can you help?” “Let me in and I’ll show you.”

The door opened up slightly more, “Come in.” He walked into her room, thinking it to be filled with party supplies. It wasn't, it was in fact the perfect picture of a neatly kept room. Bed perfectly made, what little clothes she owned neatly filled away in drawers, her few dresses neatly hanging in a closet and a nice nightstand next to her bed. It was a room that Twilight Sparkle would be proud of, and it just left Pasture standing there gaping at the picture of perfection that was Pinkies room.

“What’s wrong?” He shook his head, “Nothing. Nothing’s wrong. I just wasn't expecting your room to be so neat.” She shied away “Is that a bad thing?” Pasture looked at her and smiled “No, no. It’s actually a pleasant surprise.” He walked over to her and asked “Now, what’s wrong? Why are you so sad?”

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Are you sure you want to hear?” Whenever Pinkie is this serious, it’s usually a sign that whatever problem she has is very serious. Pasture just looked at her with a smile and said “Of course. Whatever it is, I’m sure I can handle it.” She looked at him with doubt in her eyes, but yet started her story.

“Today is the anniversary of my grandmothers’ death. I was closer to her than I was to my parents, even closer than I was to my sisters, Inkie and Blinke. She died in an accident that I caused. I was moving some rocks on top of a hillside, and one of them fell off the side of the hill and it started a rock slide and I shouted that a rock slide, but by the time she could react it was already too late. She was crushed by 16 tons of solid rock and boulders. Her body her eventually recovered but it was so badly crushed and torn that we had to hold a closed casket funeral. Every year since then I just very, very , very depressed. If you want to leave now, go ahead.”

She looked up and saw Pasture gaping at her. “Aren't you going to leave?” Pasture shook his head and tears started forming in his own eyes, and he said in a quiet, almost Fluttershy-like voice. “No I’m not going to leave until this memory is just that, a distant memory.” And before she could react, he grabbed her in a tight hug. She struggled in his gripped, eventually she gave in and started crying, full unrestrained tears. Pasture was with her the entire time, comforting her as she cried her heart out.

Once the tears started to slow, he said to her “It wasn't really your fault.” She asked “What do you mean? I started the rock slide.” He released her. “But did you mean to do it?” She replied “No, but I..” “Then it wasn't your fault. Accidents happen and there’s nothing we can do to prevent them. But what we can do is remember those who are claimed in such accidents and take measures to ensure that the same thing doesn't happen again. That came out wrong.” Pinkie looked at him quizzically. “Things can happen, bad things. But sometimes the ones who cause them aren't bad ponies. They just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then the unforeseen happens. You are not to blame because it was just an accident. And besides even though she is gone. Do you really think she would approve of you locking yourself away from the ponies who need you?” Pinkie thought about it. “I don’t think she would.” “Then try to move on. Remember, as long as you keep her in your heart,” He put his hoof to her chest, “, she is never truly gone. Her spirit remains with you every day, throughout everything.”

Pinkie looked at him with newly reformed tears in her eyes, Pasture spread his forelegs and Pinkie embraced him, crying once again. “Let it all out, Pinkie, just let it all out. Don’t hold back.” After a few moments of crying, She released him. He said “I know this is a painful memory and it will take a long time for it to not make you sad anymore, but I’ll be here to help you anytime you need it.” She looked at him, “Pinkie promise?” He did the motion, “Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. I will always be here to help those who need it.”

Her mane started to re-inflate and her coat started to return to its normal shade. Just then her fore-hooves clacked together. “You need me to meet you in Canterlot in two days, right?” “That’s right.” She smiled and said “Meet you there.” And she bounced out of her room. ‘I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that.’ At that moments he heard a massive explosion from outside. He turned to look out the window and at moment he saw a rainbow colored mushroom cloud in the distance. Facehoof.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment