• Published 15th May 2013
  • 604 Views, 0 Comments

Ghosts of the past - Timstro59



A strange force works from behind the scenes to unsure that certain events play out.

  • ...
 0
 604

Chapter 2

As the Orange Pegasus stallion flew towards Ponyville, he began to think of a good name for him to go by. Firestorm? Firestorm? AHA, I know a good one. Firestone. He began singing along to an old song that he remembered. “There ain’t no stone like Firestone, where the rubber meets the road” He sing out loud. It was then that a proper cutie mark appeared on his flank. “Huh? What’s this?” he asked out loud, “A burning stone? Shouldn't that be an earth pony cutie mark? Oh well, It’s fitting for my name.”

He began testing the limits of his body, pushing himself to his limits. Attempting tighter and tighter turns, until he found himself performing perfect 90 degree turns with difficulty. Now for a speed test. He brought himself to a hover and took off as fast as he could, testing himself at climbing, acceleration, deceleration and top speed. He climber up to an appropriate height and then put himself into a steep dive. He felt the wind tearing at his face. Why don’t I have goggles?, he thought to himself.

He began to feel a mach cone forming in front of him, and he began pushing his wings harder and harder in an attempt to break the barrier. He struggled and struggled until finally he stopped moving completely. “uh oh.” He said before being flung back by the barrier like a stone in a rubber band. He went screaming through the air until he finally landed, well crashed is more the word, in the Ponyville “mane” square.

A yellow Pegasus walked over and asked, in a very timid manner, “Are you alright?” He replied, “I’ll be fine once my eyes stop spinning.” He got up onto his hooves and for some reason starting spinning in a circle. “WHY AM I STILL SPINNING?!?!?!” he shouted. The yellow Pegasus shied away from him. “Sorry for yelling. I’m just a little confused.” He said while still spinning. He then felt a hoof stop him from physically spinning, although his eyes kept right on spinning. “Are you trying to make an idiot of yourself?” He heard a tomcoltish sounding mare ask. “Not really.”
“I saw you flying, you’re a pretty good flier. We should race sometimes.” The mare asked. “Maybe, but first, could you smack me in the back of the head?” The mare asked, “Why do you want me to do that?” he replied, “It’ll help make my head stop spinning.” After he spoke she didn’t hesitate. “Ouch. Did you really have to hit so hard?” She replied, “You asked for it. Did it help?” He focused for a second. “Yep, it worked perfectly. And Sorry for being so brusque, but I have some stuff I need to take care of. Oh Do you know if a little filly by the name of Scootaloo lives here?” The mare looked downtrodden at the question, “She died over a year ago.” Hmmmm, she doesn’t know yet, He thought. “Well, what about….never mind. I’ll find out myself. And thanks for the help.” He flew off leaving two confused mares.

He flew over to Sweet Apple Acres, he landed nearby to an orange earth pony mare, who was busy bucking trees. “I might have to try that someday.” She looked up. “Howdy pardner, what can I do ya fir?” “I need to ask you sister about something?” he asked politely. “What do ya need to ask her ‘bout?” It’s about her friend Scootaloo. I need to ask if she’s in town.” The orange mare replied, “Ah believe she’s still over in Cloudsdale. No one’s bothered to go git’r yet. She’s spent an entire year in Cloudsdale and only a few here in Ponyville even know she’s alive. It’s a darn shame I tells ya.” He replied, “Thanks for the info, I need to be off.” “Not a problem, and if yer ever interested in learnin’ how the buck trees, Ah’d be happy to show ya how.” Thanks for the offer.” He flew off.

He flew over to where a Rainbow maned Pegasus was lounging in a cloud and he asked “Are you planning on going to the Wonderbolts show tomorrow?” She replied “Heck yeah I am. It just won’t the same without Scoots though.” He replied “Cheer up, You’ll see her again, and sooner than you think.” He flew off leaving the mare confused. I need to talk to the princess.

After arriving in Canterlot He spoke to the Princess about his plan for Rainbow Dash. She seemed intrigued by it. When she asked why, she got a lecture. “Because Loyalty is an offshoot of Honesty and Generosity. If you are loyal to a someone, a friend for example, then you are honest with them and generous to them. Rainbow hasn’t exactly shown those qualities to this filly. And I’m going to help her out.” Celestia replied “I hope you are right.” He replied “Me too.”

In Cloudsdale, a few of the Wonderbolts were clearly annoyed at a new addition by royal order. Spitfire was somewhat annoyed, but that went away quickly once she saw him in action. “You pretty good. For a newb.” “How many perfect 90 degree turns can you pull off in a row?” Soarin’ replied “About 3, after that she gets gassy.” “Dammit Soarin’.” So, do you mind giving me the details of the Routine ?” “Uhh, sure.”

After spending a while taking in the details of the show routine. He decided it was time to work out his plan. He put on his Wonderbolt uniform and went out into Cloudsdale looking for a fuchsia colored filly, And he found her in an alley crying. After landing near her, he asked “Why are you so sad little one?” The filly asked “Because I’ve been trapped in Cloudsdale for a year now and nopony from Ponyville has come to get me.” She continued crying “That’s sad. I’ll tell you what. I’ll give you a special V.I.P. pass to the Wonderbolts show tomorrow, Would that make you happy?” The filly jumped with joy, “Would it!!!?!?!?!” I think she’s bipolar, He thought to himself. He pulled a pass seemingly out of nowhere and gave it to the filly. “Show this to the guards tomorrow and they’ll escort to a special vip booth. You’ll get a seat all to yourself and no one the bother you.” She jumped for joy. “I heard you’re good with a scooter. Do you mind showing me?” “I would if I had one.” “Not a problem, There’s a scooter store not too far from here.” “A scooter store in Cloudsdale?” He shrugged and said “Don’t ask me, I just saw it while flying by.”

After visiting the Scooter store and buying a top-of-the-line scooter for Scootaloo. They when to a nearby skatepark. (WHY DOES CLOUDSDALE NEED A SKATEPARK?!!?!?!?!?! WHY!?!?!?!) “Okay, show me your stuff.” She kicked off on her scooter and performed some tricks on it that left Firestone gawking. After a while of showing off, she rode back over and collapsed, gasping for breath. “Are you alright?” “I’m alright, I just need to catch my breath.” She caught her breath “This scooter is AWESOME!!! It must have cost a fortune.” “750 bits.” Her jaw dropped at the statement. “Keep it. I’ve had the money saved for a while. It’s even got a hitch that you could hook a trailer to.” She looked over and saw he was telling the truth.

The next day. Scootaloo was in her booth, she was looking out at the crowd looking for Rainbow. She saw her on one of the cloud seats and tried waving. Rainbow looked up and rubbed her eyes, thinking it was an illusion; She shrugged and continued waiting for the Wonderbolts, who showed up shortly after.

After the show, Firestone came over and asked Scootaloo to follow him. After a bit of a walk and some unanswered questions she found herself out on the Cloudaseum main floor. It had been modified to match a skate park. “Your time to shine.” He said. “W-w-w-w-what do I do?” “Just do what comes naturally.” She looked over and saw him putting knee pads onto his legs and a helmet on his head. “Catch.” He threw her new scooter over. And she caught it in her hooves, doing a spin in midair as she caught it, landing perfectly. “I’m surprised you haven’t discovered your special talent yet.” He said as he kick up a skateboard. It was then that she noticed his Wonderbolt uniform was gone. (She’s not very observant is she?) “What are you going to do?” “I’m joining you out there? Why? Nervous?” “Yeah, a little.” “First time’s always the hardest. Now Allon-sy” He jumped onto his board and rode out into the open followed shortly by Scootaloo. The Announcer shouted “And now for something completely different. Let’s give a round of cheer for Wonderbolt Firestone and the little filly Scootaloo, There here to show a thing or two about how earth ponies do their tricks.” A resounding “WHAT!?!?!?” was heard in the crowd. Scootaloo was frozen in her tracks by all the attention, “What if I mess up, what if I embarrass myself?” “Don’t think about it, just do what come naturally.”

(I find it difficult to properly write down how the show went. All I can say is that it was amazing.) After the show, Firestone and Scootaloo were standing on top of a podium. “Let’s give a huge round of applause for young Scootaloo. She has lots of potential and may, one day, become a member of the Wonderbolts.” She basked in the cheering and applause she was getting, she was enjoying it so much that she didn’t see a flash of light come from her flank. “Hey, check it out.” “Check what out?” “Your cutie mark.” She looked over and just as she was about to ask, she saw her cutie mark. A wheel with two wings flanking its sides. The grin that appeared on her face so wide it nearly reached from ear to ear. “YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! I’ve finally earned my cutie mark.”

After things had settled down after the show, Rainbow Dash showed up. She poked Scootaloos side with her hoof. “You’re alive?” she managed to gasp out. Scootaloo was a little mad at here, “You didn’t know?” “I didn’t. No pony told me. Scootaloo, there’s something I was going to tell you before…..you know. I was planning on adopting you.” Scootaloos eyes went wide and she went slack-jawed. “That would be AWESOME!!!!!!” She grabbed Rainbow in a hug, “I love you mom.” Rainbow went teary, “I love you too, daughter.” Firestone found himself getting emotional as well. One down, 5 to go, he thought. “Hey Rainbow, I hate to ruin the moment. But can I ask you a favor?” “Sure. What is it?” “Can you meet me in Canterlot in two days and Bring Scootaloo with you?” She replied, “I’ll be there.” “Excellent, see you then.”

As he flew off, he began to wonder if any of the others had any luck. He shrugged and flew off towards Canterlot to inform the Princess of his success.

Author's Note:

I LIVE!!!!!