• Published 15th May 2013
  • 604 Views, 0 Comments

Ghosts of the past - Timstro59



A strange force works from behind the scenes to unsure that certain events play out.

  • ...
 0
 604

Chapter 1

The Pegasus guard Cloud Striker asked Twilight “What do you mean he’s still alive?” She replied “Look his eyes are open, they were closed before.” He looked up at the crystal and gasped at what he saw. “We need to tell the princess right away.” They both left and once they got to the entrance to the tower, they started full gallop toward the throne room. Once they got there, they were stopped by a pair a unicorn guards in front of the door.

“The princess in court right now. No visitors are permitted.” Cloud spoke up, “Something has developed that the Princess needs to be made aware of.” The guard said, “She is very busy, whatever it is, it can wait.” Cloud asked, “What about Princess Luna?” The other guard said “She is in her study.” “Good enough.” Cloud galloped toward Lunas study with Twilight in tow. “What could Princess Celestia be doing that requires so much attention?” Twilight asked, Cloud replied “There’s no way of knowing without asking her yourself. When the guard are instructed to let no one pass like that, it’s usually ‘future of Equestria’ type stuff.” Twilight stopped suddenly, “Would the guards let me through? I am one of the elements of Harmony.” Cloud stopped and replied “She would have sent for you if that were the case. In any case, they still wouldn’t let us through even though you were standing right next to me. Our only option is still to see Princess Luna.” They began their journey once again.

They found themselves standing right outside the doors of Lunas private study. Cloud knocked on the door and a voice replied “Come in.” Cloud gave Twilight a quizzical look and she just shrugged. They both walked in, and Princess Luna was at her desk studying a particularly interesting nameless volume. “Cloud, Twilight. ‘Tis a pleasure to see with you again.” Cloud replied “Likewise Princess, but this isn’t a social visit. We came to inform of a situation involving a certain pony.” Luna replied “What is it you wish to say?” Twilight said “It’s Dashing Light, He’s alive.”

Luna jumped out of her chair and said “Take me to him, so that I may see.” Cloud said “Of course.” They left the study and went toward the tower, on the way Luna asked “Are you certain he’s alive?” Twilight replied “ I am certain, When I went up to see him, his eyes were closed,” Cloud spoke up “And I can confirm this.” “, And after I spoke to him I looked back up and his eyes were open, when I took a closer look to confirm if my eyes weren’t playing tricks one me He winked at me.” Cloud spoke up again, “When I went to check on Twilight after I heard her scream I saw his eye were open too. That’s when we went to tell Princess Celestia. But we were stopped by the guards at the door, saying that the Princess was very busy and that no pony was allowed to see her.” Luna replied “That’s not unusual. We are here.”

They climbed up the stairs to the top of the tower and when they got there all three ponies gasped at what they saw, or more accurately what they didn’t see. “He’s gone.” Cloud said, shocked. Luna Replied “Very astute observation.” She walked closer to the empty crystal and her horn lit up as she scanned the crystal. “There is very unusual magic surrounding the crystal. Similar to my own but also very different from Alicorn magic, or any kind of pony magic. There of strange forces at work here.”
Meanwhile off in an empty field not too far from Ponyville, a blue mist floated down toward the ground and a voice came from it “I remember this place. It’s where I was reborn as what I am now.” The cloud shifted its attention upward to see a race taking place, a black Pegasus stallion racing against others and there were some Wonderbolts racing as well. The Black Pegasus stallion had draconic wings and looked like Lunas night guard and was tied for first with Spitfire. The mist could hear various insults being thrown from Spitfire. The mist couldn’t make out most of them, but one of them had a choice phrase thrown in, “Blank flank”. The mist looked again, and the stallion did indeed not have a cutie mark. “Unusual, but not unheard of.” It thought. “In any case, I need to set my plan in motion.” The mist began to glow brightly, then separated into six other clouds of mist, each one settling down into the form of a pony. Two earth ponies, two Pegasi and two unicorns. A green earth pony colt with a brown mane, an orange earth pony stallion with a red mane, a light blue unicorn mare with a mint green mane, a purple unicorn mare with a pink mane, an orange Pegasus stallion with a green mane and a red Pegasus stallion with a light green mane.

“Okay we need names.” The Green earth pony colt said, the purple unicorn mare said “We really don’t need names until our chapter comes up.” The orange Pegasus stallion said “So I see we learned a bit from Pinkie during our short time with her.” The green earth pony colt spoke up “We’re getting off topic. We need a plan. I’ll go after Pinkie.” The Orange earth pony said “I’ll go after Applejack.” The light blue unicorn said “I guess I’ll go after Rarity.” The purple unicorn said “Twilight is in Canterlot, I’ll have to find a way to make this work to our advantage.” The Orange Pegasus said ”I’ll go for Fluttershy, That shouldn’t be too difficult, right?” The other just stared at him “Okay, so maybe I got the most difficult one of the all.” The other just shook their heads. The red Pegasus stallion said “The leaves me with Rainbow Dash. I already have a plan for her, I just need to make sure that things and ponies are where they need to be. Wish me luck.” He then flew off toward Ponyville. “I wonder if Rainbow knows that Scootaloo is alive? Or is she even in Ponyville again? I’ll just have to find out.”

Author's Note:

Story 2 of the Dashing Light cycle begins.