• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,311 Views, 176 Comments

The Night's Knight - The Dragon Warlock



After the sight of families and loved ones make her feel lonely, Princess Luna decides to find her special somepony

  • ...
15
 176
 4,311

Epilogue: Reunion

“Happy Birthday!”

Nearly all the inhabitants of the castle of Canterlot shouted out these words to one colt who had just entered the ballroom at the request of his mother. What greeted him was decorations of party streamers and a giant cake in the center with many ponies in the room shouting out the two words to him.

“Happy Birthday, Star,” Luna said as she entered the room with her husband and Captain of the Guard, Pipsqueak.

Star Light beamed as he looked around and back to his parents, who he immediately tackled as he fluttered his wings to fly towards them. Star’s coat was a match to Luna’s, with his mane being the same as his father’s and he sported teal eyes. The thing that made him special though was his horn and wings, for he was born an alicorn just as his mother and Celestia were.

“Thank you, Mom and Dad!” Star said as he was held by both his mother and father, who were nuzzling him affectionately.

“Our pleasure, son,” Pip replied as he let go of Star. “Now why don’t you go say ‘Hello’ to your aunts and cousins?” When Pip let go of his son, Star immediately rushed towards the other ponies in the room. The ones Star was coercing with first were the Elements of Harmony and their families.

Seeing her son so happy, Luna giggled at the colt’s enthusiasm. Her eyes drifted away from Star for a moment, landing on a stained glass window depicting her and Celestia.

Pip sighed as he looked to his son, looking to his side to see Luna’s eyes becoming moist for a moment before turning around and leaving the room. Confused, Pip decided to follow her.

“Hey Lulu…” He called out to her, causing Luna to stop in her tracks. “What’s wrong love?” Pip reached to Luna and he was brought into her embrace as she reared her hooves around his neck.

“It’s been ten years…”

Realizing what she was talking about, Pip stroked Luna’s mane and nuzzled her head as he closed his eyes. “I know, I know…”

“I miss her so much…” Luna sniffed, tightening her hold onto him.

“I know…”

“Every day, I hope she’ll come back safe and sound.”

“And I’m sure she will one day . . .”


The snow was coming down hard in Canterlot. Even with the streetlamps on at night, the visibility made it next to impossible for other ponies to go out. Regardless of the blizzard though, two ponies wearing brown cloaks and hoods trotted down the street and didn’t seem fazed by the weather. Although the visibility was done, the two ponies could see the tall castle gates coming up before them. They looked at each other and gave a nod before going forward.

Inside the guard shack, two Lunar Guards, one brown and one blue, were sitting down, each of whom were holding mugs of a steamy brown liquid and marshmallows in it.

“Thank Faust for hot chocolate,” said the brown guard. “I know we need to be vigilant and protect the castle, but there’s a difference between bravery and being suicidal.”

“You got that right,” said the blue guard. “You’d have to be insane to break into this castle in this kind of weather. The streets are deader than Blueblood’s last birthday party.” He laughed at his own joke, but the other guard didn’t respond. “Hey, come on, Blueblood is a real bore at social gatherings.”

The one guard raised his hoof and pointed out the window. “I think we’ve got some insane ponies then.”

The blue guard turned around and saw the hooded ponies approaching the gates. He got up and grabbed his spear. “Come on, the sooner we can get this over with, the better.”

The guards marched out of their shack and galloped over to the ponies. The surrounded them and pointed their spears at them.

“Hold it right there!” Ordered the brown guard. “This area is restricted to Royal Family and by those invited to the castle only.”

One of the hooded ponies reached into their hood. The guards readied themselves for the worst. Instead of a weapon though, a small badge was shown before them. The guards looked at it and their eyes widened in shock.

“That . . . that can’t be . . .” said the blue guard. “The Royal Seal of Equestria. How did you get this?”

“What should we do sir?”

The guard closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Escort these two into the castle, but have them kept on guard. We don’t want any unwanted surprises. Have a group of guards take them to Princess Luna.”

“Yes sir!”


“Let’s go back to the party, we don’t want our son to see you like this on his birthday now, do we?” Pip encouraged Luna as he held onto her.

Sniffing and wiping her eyes, Luna nodded with a forced smile. “You’re right Pip, I’m sorry for feeling like this on Star’s birthday.”

“No need to apologize Luna,” Pip kissed her forehead, eliciting a giggle from her. “Now let’s go back.”

The doors leading outside opened with four ponies coming in to greet Luna and Pip. Two guards and two cloaked ponies.

Luna looked to her guards and to the other ponies before speaking to the guards. “Are these trespassers, guards?”

“No Princess…” One guard replied as he stepped forward, revealing the royal seal one of them had given to him. “They did have this though.” He passed it to Luna, who grabbed it with her magic to inspect it before looking sharply at the cloaked ponies.

“Where did you get this?!” She demanded from them, using a fraction of the Canterlot voice on them. “Who are you?”

One of the two ponies stepped forward past the guards. “Somepony who loves you very much.” The pony spoke, revealing to be a mare before she removed her hood to reveal a hued rainbow ethereal mane and white coat.

Everypony gasped at the mare, silence following soon after. Luna gulped before breathing erratically, her eyes releasing a new batch of tears before she carefully stepped forward. “Tia?” She spoke softly, receiving a nod from the mare. “Tia…” She trailed off again, biting her lower lip as tears were streaming from Luna’s eyes. “Tia!” Luna called out and immediately galloped towards her sister, holding onto her for dear life as she was sobbing away into Celestia’s coat.

“Sorry we’re late,” said Stealth as he removed his hood. The pony’s face had changed a little as he grew a beard, but still had that wide smile on him.

“I missed you so much sister!” Shouted Luna.

Celestia nuzzled against Luna. “I missed you too.” A small smile formed on her face. “Isn’t this scene familiar though?”

The blue alicorn gave a nod. “Yes . . . it’s just like when I first came back to Equestria after my banishment. I never thought this would happen again.”

“Mom! Are you okay!?” Star cried out.

The group heard hooves galloping and approaching the door. As soon as Star, Spike, the Element Bearers, their spouses, and their children came into the room, everypony let out a gasp for who they saw.

“Princess Celestia!” They all shouted in unison. Everypony, in the case of Spike, dragon, ran over and had smiles on their faces.

“Welcome back your highness,” said Big Mac.

“It’s great to see you again princess,” said Elusive.

“How was your trip, mom?” Inquired Spike.

“What did you see?” Wondered Rainbow.

Twilight, in complete joy and disbelief, ran out and hugged her former mentor. “Oh Princess Celestia, it’s so good to see you again!” She enthusiastically shouted. “I’ve been working so hard for you and your sister! What’d you see out there? What did you . . .?” Twilight saw everypony was looking at her funny, causing her face to turn red and chuckle awkwardly. “Um . . . sorry princess.”

“It’s quite alright Twilight,” said the white alicorn. “You, as well as your friends, have every right to be very happy to see me again.”

“Hey! Who are you?”

All the ponies stopped chatting and turned their attention to a curious looking Star Light. The young alicorn was staring at Princess Celestia and vise versa.

“Who am I, you ask?” She wondered.

“Yeah! Everypony is calling you a princess, but only my mom, Princess Luna, Auntie Cadence, and Auntie Twilight are real princesses. Who are you to say you’re one?”

“Star!” Scolded Luna. “That’s no way to talk to-”

“It’s okay Luna,” said Celestia. “This little pony is curious and it’s time she learned of her other aunt.”

Looking back at Celestia, Star only blinked and looked back at his mother who nodded. He saw the stained glass windows depicting Luna and Celestia. Connecting the dots in his head, Star gasped and beamed at Celestia.

“Wow! That’s so cool!” Star shouted out used his wings to be leveled with Celestia’s eyes. “You’re so big though.”

“Star!”

Giggling, Celestia reached for the colt with her hooves to hug her nephew. “It’s alright Luna…”

“But if you’re another aunt of mine…. where were you?”

Celestia sighed as she let go of Star, standing next to Stealth. “It’s a very long story…”


When Celestia explained her absence to Star, the ponies decided to return to the ballroom and restart the party with full swing. Twilight and Celestia spoke about her adventures and Twilight was happy to introduce her foals to her mentor, something Celestia was very proud off. When Celestia finally spoke to Pinkie Pie though, the pink mare couldn’t contain herself longer.

“I’m so happy you’re back! Now we can finally throw you a party! But what kind?! I was thinking ‘Welcome Back Princess Celestia’. No wait! How about we do a ‘She is back!’ party! Oh, oh! Or perhaps--”

“Pinkie Pie,” Celestia cut her off, silencing Pinkie. “That won’t be needed, thank you. No ‘Welcome Back Party’.”

“Aww…” Pinkie’s mane deflated with her eyes becoming moist as her lips started to quiver.

Celestia leaned into Pinkie’s ear. “Rather, can you plan a wedding? For me and Stealth.”

Pinkie’s smile returned as she shot up into the sky. “Even better!” She shouted. “Oh, I’m so happy for you and Stealth! This’ll be the best wedding since . . . well, all of my friends’ weddings!” She quickly ran over to the others to inform them of the news.

Luna turned to Celestia. “A wedding, huh?” The white alicorn gave a nod. “At least you two didn’t elope while you were away. So any chances Star will have a cousin?”

“Actually Luna, you’re going to be an aunt sooner than you thought.”

The blue alicon did a double take. “Excuse me?”

“Let’s just say sister, that during one the last cold nights we were out together, we found a way to ‘stay warm’.”

“That . . . was something I could live without,” said Luna with a deadpanned expression. “How long have you been that way?”

“Three months and counting. But now’s not the time to be discussing this, we got a party to go to.”

Luna grabbed her sister’s hoof. “Before you go Tia, there’s something I must ask. Where’s that book I gave you?”

The white alicorn used her magic to remove Stealth’s cloak and reveal the backpack wasn’t as overstuffed, but looked worn out. “It’s in there, but I can tell you that it’s filled up.”

“What did you write in it? Anything enlightening?”

Celestia gave her sister a smile. “I’ve got enough in that book to not only create sweeping reforms across Equestria for some programs, but that book will always remind me of the journey I had and the lessons I learned. Now then, I think it’s time I fulfilled a promise.”

“What’s that?” Asked Luna.

“To catch up on old times with my friends,” said Celestia. She took Stealth’s hoof and trotted over to the door. “Come on Luna,” she called back. “We got a party for your son to go to.”

The blue alicorn felt Pip grip her hoof and looked to see him smiling. With a smile of her own, she said, “You’re right sister, and with you now, this party is even better.”

Together, the two sisters and their loved ones went out the door and joined the party.

Author's Note:

And that is it everypony! The story is officially over at last! It's been a long ride, not helped by how my last school semester ate up a lot of my time, but it's always worth it to know a story is done with. I want to thank TheMyth for his help and I advise you all go read his stories since they are made of awesomeness. Thanks to Equestria-Prevails for the image used in this story. Finally, thanks to you, the reader, as well for being so patient this whole time and waiting for the conclusion to this story. Hopefully, my next project won't be hampered by so many roadblocks, but for now, it's time to take a break.

Thanks for reading again. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 20 )

:twilightsmile: Anytime brother

Fuck. It's over.

Now what? It definitely doesn't look like a sequel is in order.

I hate stories ending.

I did enjoy this story. Well done, my good sir, well done.

Well damn.
You've gone done it.
I like this ship now you ass! :ajbemused:

*storms off mad and yelling*

3847062 Glad you enjoyed it.

3850962 All good things must come to an end.

3850971 Thanks.

3852019 I have successfully bended your mind and made you submit to a new pairing. My job is now done.

3852499 Yeah, and all it took was 77,000 words XD

3854691 It was kind of built up. Think about it. Stealth being so defensive over Celestia, protecting her as much as he could, there was even a small scene earlier that when Stealth left Celestia, she felt cold.

:pinkiesick: Happy endings, I hate happy endings so unrealistic:facehoof: Nonetheless I am proud of you for completing this story, even more so that Spike called Celestia his mother, that made my day:ajsmug: All in all....a 8/10:derpytongue2:

3854759 No problem, thank you for a well made story:ajsmug:

SEQUEL, SEQUEL, SEQUEL!!!!!!!

Great story. I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Lunasqueak. Good luck with future stories.

Look how great this story is. And surprise no clop! Now that's real skill

I guess i'm a little late to this party XD But still, this was an amazing story, it had me happy and in tears at the same time. Wish i'd read it sooner but we cant all be that lucky.

Wow the first time I read this I was an accountless Lurker, to come back all these years with an account and to read it all again.....it just brings back so many memories.

I am gonna have a look and see what you have written since this finished, assuming you haven’t pulled up stakes and done a Celestia :rainbowlaugh:

this was a good story you

Login or register to comment