• Published 15th May 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 4 Comments

Don't Fear the Reaper - Literature



A reaper falls through a warp gate after a mishap and is teleported to Equestria. Will he overcome his differences with the populace? Will he break down without his meds? And most importantly, will he be able to satisfy the urge to kill?

  • ...
3
 4
 1,089

Got Something for Me to Kill?

Don't Fear the Reaper

A fanfiction by: Literature

Chapter 2: Got Something for Me to Kill?

It was always hectic in the Dominion bases on the planet that Unit 511 was stationed on, an endless noise always present no matter where you were in the compound. Strangely enough, it was the absence of noise that woke up the Reaper. He shot up in the bed he was currently in, noting the white walls and sterile appearance of the room before a feeling of vertigo caught up to him, causing him to fall back to his side with a grunt.

He quickly pulled up the Heads-Up-Display on the inside of his helmet, quickly scanning it with his eyes for anomalies or shortages in any of the many chemical substances he used on the battlefield. He could only stare in shock as he found most of them empty, opting to turn his head and stare at the strangely patterned door.

He promptly began to busy himself looking around his bedside table for replacements. The medics on base always had spares out just in case a forgetful Reaper ran out. He hoped he could find them soon, as he knew that the withdrawal symptoms were less than pleasant. He distinctly remembered Unit 263 meeting a messy end at the hands of his own weapons after trying to remain off of the drugs after a mere three days. He promptly began to panic as he searched the ward, noting that the cabinets were all strangely on the floor, and that many of the common tools found in a Terran medical ward were absent, such as scalpels and syringes filled with various chemical compounds that many thought not even the medics were aware of their contents.

He took a deep breath and scanned the room, trying to scramble his brain as he began to feel pain in his arms, something he was not used to feeling. He noted the low ceiling that most marines would not be able to stand up straight in, and the door that even he would have to duck to enter. He noted one wall that looked like a giant mirror, strangely not tilted like most Terran medical bay walls were, as he noted that the limited amount of tools that were in the room were not only lacking sharp edges, but also had strange grips clearly not intended for Terran hands.

Taking another breath, he came to one conclusion.

He was not in a Terran medical bay.

He looked over to the wall that was covered with the mirror that he was now realizing was a one-way glass pane. He looked around for something to use to break through it, before realizing that whatever had him in their custody had left his weapons behind on his person. He paused to look at the mirror, wishing he could glare through his mask.

He wasn't trapped in the slightest. The question was, did his enemies know that?


Captain Shining Armor of the Equestria Royal Guard stood in the observation room of the medical room, reinforcing the walls of the chamber the creature was in with continuously changing complex shield spells, preventing anything from seeing into the room from anywhere except the room he was currently in. An excited clamor from one of the scientists that was observing their charge, his voice guiding Shining Armor to recognize the scientist Spontaneous Observation. He opened his eyes to the room around him, seeing all of the science ponies looking down into the room that held what was currently considered Equestria's most dangerous threat, considering the breach in magic it took to teleport the creature into the Royal Throne Room of Equestria was close to the size to destroy an entire city.

Shining moved closer to the one-way-glass, seeing the creature frantically looking for something in the medical wing.

"Should we talk to it?" One of the science ponies asked, looking at the creature as it rooted through the medical cabinets on the floor.

"Don't be ridiculous," a pony that Shining Armor recognized as Test Tube replied, "he won't be able to understand us."

"Doesn't the sound of a helpful voice help a confused animal become calmer?" Another scientist asked softly, largely being ignored by the others.

As the other ponies bickered, Shining Armor readied his backup shield spells. He stared at the creature, remembering to send a telepathic signal to the princess's bedchamber to notify her of the creature's ascension into consciousness.

The creature then paused, the soft glow of its eyes passing over the room around him, slowing and finally stopping the the window that Shining Armor now looked out of. He brought himself into a more prepared position in case the creature tried something.

The creature took a strange metal spherical device from the loop of black material around its middle, looking at it for a couple seconds as a new one began to form with a blue light from where he had pulled the first one. The creature looked once again to the glass, pressing in the red circle on the device, which began to blink slowly as he hurled the object towards the glass.

Shining Armor reacted quickly, reinforcing the glass so it wouldn't shatter from the impact of the heavy looking device. He saw all of the scientists jump back as four metal spikes jutted out from the point of impact from the device, tracing their ways to form four more orbs that continued to blink, spawning two more each for a total of thirteen blinking metal devices, whose aforementioned blinks were growing quicker as almost a full second passed before Shining Armor recovered from his shock to craft a shield around the orbs, reinforcing it with runes from the outside walls as the middle one erupted into fire and shrapnel, triggering the others to do the same, pulverizing the glass that shared the shield with the devices. Shining let out a gasp as the explosion strained his barrier before dissipating into the shield, which Shining then quickly mimicked the one-way view effect of the glass. Effectively repairing the damage to the shield.

Negotiations were not going well.


Hardly thinking, Unit 511 threw a G-4 Cluster Bomb at the glass. When the bomb stuck into the glass, which began to glow purple, he quickly scrambled for a way to get out of the line of fire, opting to flip a table and duck behind it. He heard a series of muffled explosions, giving him pause. The explosions of a G-4 Cluster Bomb were anything but quiet.

He looked back up from his table to see a perfectly round hole in the glass seal up with a purple light before reforming the material and its one-way plane of view. He cursed softly as he couldn't get a good look inside.

"What?" He cried out angrily, "should I have said 'hello' first?"

Almost a minute passed before a voice crackled to life on the intercom in the corner of the room. "Um, yes," the voice said, "that would have made things a lot simpler."

The Reaper glared at the glass. "Well if you had started by introducing yourselves, then all of our lives would be made a lot easier!" He began to feel a pressure in the back of his skull, reminding him of his lack of drugs.

"Oh yeah, by the way," he began, "Do you have any-" he trailed off as he tried to read the names of the drugs he was out of on his HUD, "Methyolysitarisus Irrenetularin...?" He said, confused, understanding little to no of what that meant, praying that the creatures or whatever he was talking to did.

"Can you spell that out?" The voice returned, causing the Reaper to sigh.

"Fine!" He shouted, getting strangely angry at the intercom. He spelled the name of the chemical out for them, reading it off of his HUD. He waited for a few moments, growing anxious.

The intercom crackled on again, "we have never heard of such a substance, I'm sor-"

He was cut off by a string of curses from the Reaper, who slammed his gloved fist into the wall. He leaned heavily against the wall, pushing his masked forehead into the sterile surface, thinking over his suicide note while he still had the brain to do so.

There was a pause in the static before it picked up again, the voice saying cautiously, "is that a problem?"

"A problem?" The Reaper said quietly, before slamming both of his fists into the wall angrily, "a problem? I can't live without the stuff!" He took a slow breath. "It's one of 14 different chemicals that are injected into my bloodstream at regular intervals to satisfy the physical restraints of..." He paused, thinking better than to tell these creatures of what he did, "of my profession."

A silence fell over the room as the Reaper began to feel very light-headed. He winced and put a gloved hand over his masked scalp. He felt a sudden urge to remove his mask, something he had not done since he had put it on. Why hadn't he done it? Why must his mask stay on. He struggled to remember.

He fell to his knees. Both of his hands now on his head as he felt a wave of nausea accompanied by frantic voices from the intercom.

He didn't feel the ground when he hit it.

Comments ( 3 )

Yes a update!

Reaper!
Hit and Run!!!

Come back literature! I love this story! Please continue it!

Login or register to comment