• Published 13th May 2013
  • 31,596 Views, 1,591 Comments

The Sun and her little Sparkle - Dark0592



pic inspired alternate universe mommylestia story.

  • ...
111
 1,591
 31,596

C.10

Needless to say, the three fillies weren’t bored as Dinner came around. The meal was rather uneventful, save for Chef Iron freaking out at having so many ponies to feed, and so they were back to being bored as Celestia’s night court was held. Their boredom was alleviated when night first started to fall by a knock on the door. Dash and Twilight were currently trying to find the energetic pegasus a book she would at least look twice at, so Fluttershy answered the door.

“Fluttershy! Darling! So it IS true that you’re staying at the palace!” A white unicorn filly exclaimed, nearly tackling the shy filly in a hug. INstead of freaking out, though, Fluttershy returned the embrace with a smile.

“Oh Rarity, it’s so good to see you! What are you doing here?” Fluttershy asked. Twilight and Dash walked over to see what was going on.

“Well my parents, Celestia bless them, passed away last week so I’m currently living with a friend until I’m old enough to live in the Boutique by myself. I actually left the day after we met. Anyways, I heard about the storm and knew you didn’t have a place to stay so I asked around a bit. ” The white filly explained. The shy more put a hoof over her mouth in a gasp.

“Oh I’m so sorry Rarity, I didn’t mean to bring anything like that up...” She said in a whisper.

“Not at all Darling, while I’m not exactly thrilled about it... I’m not exactly devastated. Well, I was when I first found out, but they lived good lives. They died smiling ,or so I’m told, so I’ll live the same way.” Rarity explained.

“Wow, Rarity was it? That’s really intelligent of you.” Twilight said. Rarity blinked and looked at the two new ponies. Well, new to her.

“Thank you Darling, and yes. Rarity is my name. You two are...?” The white filly asked.

“Rainbow Dash.” Dash said.

“Twilight Sparkle. Nice to meet you. If you’re a friend of Fluttershy’s why don’t you stay a bit?” Twilight offered. Rarity seemed utterly shocked at the offer, but she appeared to recognize the name.

“Twilight Sparkle... Are you that little filly that impressed the Princess so much she made you her protege?” Rarity asked after a moment of thought.

“Protege AND adopted daughter!” Dash exclaimed. Rarity’s surprise meter skyrocketed and she felt the sudden need to bow. Twilight managed to stop her, though.

“It’s a recent development, but yeah. Come on in, we were just trying to see if Dash likes any books while we wait for Spike to wake up.” Twilight said, stepping backwards and letting the other unicorn in.

“Whadaya whatsa whoosit?” Said sleepy dragon mumbled, rubbing his eyes as he walked over from a rather messy basket-bed. Rarity’s demeanor instantly changed as she had a reaction to the dragon that was very similar to Fluttershy’s.

“Ooh~, you are just the most adorable thing ever!” She exclaimed, picking him up with her hooves and hugging him suddenly. That woke spike up. The scales on his cheeks lit up at the contact.

“Whoa... you’re pretty...” He said, earning a laugh from the other three.

“We were going to see if he can control his fire breath enough to heat up a kettle without burning the place down. I’ve set up some fire proof spells around it.” Twilight said when the white filly finally but the dragon down. He shook his head after a few seconds and ran over towards where there was a slight distortion in the air around a kettle.

“You already have it all set up?” Spike asked.

“I got bored waiting for you to wake up.” Twilight shrugged. She then turned to Rarity. “I read in a book that a dragon can send and receive messages using their fire breath and a bit of draconic magic.” She continued. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t feel shy around this filly she had never met. The thought confused her, but she decided to think it over later.

“Ready?” She asked, Spike gave a thumb-claws up and picked up the kettle. He took a breath and blew. Green flames engulfed the pot and exploded out, stopped in its tracks by the distortion.

“Spike? You alright?” Twilight called. Fluttershy had cowered behind Dash, Dash let out a ‘Whoa!’ and Rarity had yelped in surprise. The flames quickly died down to reveal a red hot kettle and a slightly blackened Spike. He gave another thumbs up.

“Oh my gosh is he ok?!” Fluttershy and Rarity exclaimed.

“He’s fine, dragons bathe in lava.” Twilight said. Her horn flashed and the kettle and the surrounding area went back to how it was. “Spike, maybe you should start small instead of big.” She continued. He nodded and repeated what he did before. This time, though, it produced a small stream of fire. He stopped and took another breath, this time the fire came out bigger. He kept doing this until it was just big enough to encase the lower half of the kettle. He held it there for a little bit and then the kettle whistled.

“Good job!” Twilight exclaimed when he stopped, panting.

“Yeah... I... need to... work on my... endurance...” Spike breathed.

“We can talk to mom about that spell now.” Twilight said, walking up and hugging the dragon.

“Well I’m happy that you managed such an amazing feet, and it was very nice meeting all of you, but I need to return. Thank you for you hospitality, Twilight.” Rarity said, turning to leave after eyeing the big clock above the door.

“Oh, um so soon?” Twilight asked.

“I’m afraid so... If I stay much longer I’ll worry my caretakers. I’m already a bit behind.” Rarity replied.

“Well, you’re welcome back any time. It’s always nice to make friends.” Twilight said.

“Hey, if you’re friends with Fluttershy then why not come back tomorrow when we go down to the barracks? I want to get down there and practice some stuff before we do anything so we can all hang out for a while.” Dash suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea.” Twilight said.

“Hm... I agree. I’ll try, that field right down there?” Rarity said, pointing at the field through the window.

“That’s the one.” Twilight said.

“Very well. I’ll see you tomorrow, then, I hope.” The white unicorn said. She gave them a little curtsey and left.

“When did you meet her?” Dash asked after a moment.

“Oh... um... remember when I fell off of cloudsdale? Well, I landed near Ponyville... She found me wandering around talking to the animals with a whole bunch of gems following her!” Fluttershy explained.

“Wait... you fell off of cloudsdale? How does that even happen and how were you ok?!” Twilight asked.

“She’s not the best flier, and when something startles her, her wings snap shut and won’t open. Ever since she got back, though, I’ve been doing it on purpose to get her used to it.” Dash explained.

“And... um... a bunch of butterflies helped stop my fall... oh it was such a wonderful place filled with so many wonders!” Fluttershy said.

“That’s... That sound really unlikely but... I guess anything’s possible...” Twilight said.

“That’s what I remember happening... um... And she was so nice to me and she took me to the Ponyville spa and even used some of the gems she had to pay for me! It was so generous of her, and she wouldn’t let me promise to pay her back! Though I refuse to not do so, so next time we meet in ponyville I’m going to treat her to a spa day.” Fluttershy explained rather confidently for her personality.

“Well that’s very kind of you. You guys know where the shower is, right? I’m going to go use Mom’s baths. Saves time, y’know?” Twilight said.

“Right, or maybe it’s because it’s an awesome hotspring waterfall thing.” Dash said, rolling her eyes. Twilight grinned sheepishly. She had told them about the baths and Dash was kind of jealous. She had always wanted to shower under a waterfall.

“Once I come back we can see if we can find you a book you like. I have to admit, it’s quite a challenge.” Twilight said.

“Pfft. Good luck with that.” Dash said, turning towards the bathroom to shower first as Fluttershy sat down next to where Spike was practicing writing messages using a stack of things Twilight penned up for him for that very reason. He asked her for help every now and then, things like what a word meant or if his clawwriting was decent enough.

Author's Note:

Ugh... I'm really, really sorry for this chapter... I almost feel ashamed to upload it but I just completely lost what I had planned after some rather draining life stuff... If I would have tried to extend it any more then it'd have turned out even worse... Sorry Rarity, but you got a pile of shit of a chapter... Pinkie and AJ are next and I promise it'll be up to snuff...
again, sorry for this truly shoddy update... I wish I could change it to make it better- and I tried- but it just turns out worse...
and BTW, I had planned to tell everyone to stop liking the story when it hit 1337 likes so it would be forever glorified
but I forgot