• Published 14th May 2013
  • 364 Views, 36 Comments

Thirty Pony Minute Special - Aegis Steelshield



A collection of stories for Thirty Minute Pony Stories.

  • ...
 36
 364

349 "Twilight's Bad Day"

"And to think the day started so good,,," Twilight said as she sighed. Ponyville was in shambles again. At least it wasn't her fault this time.

She spread her wings, and took off. Scanning the ground below her, she saw an orange pony with a stetson waving her down.

Applejack wasted no time with pleasantries "The earthquake brought down the school! We gotta get over there!"

Twilight followed the pace Applejack set, and they were there in only a few minutes. Unfortunately, in that few minutes, an inexperienced unicorn colt had set fire to the building trying to lift a chunk of rubble.

"You know Applejack, I'm going to ensure this town has a proper magic training course if it kills me." She whispered to her friend as she cast spell #349. And to think she learned how to conjure water as a way to save on utilities.

With the fires largely extinguished, Twilight set about setting out blankets and water bottles for the colts and fillies being pulled out of the charred building. She gave it half a day before it was fixed. Ponyville carpenters really knew their stuff.

She turned back to her friend, "Do you know anywhere else they might need help?"

Applejack though for a few seconds, then spoke, "See if anyone's stuck at the movie theater."

The alicorn nodded before taking off.

As she flew over the town, she was relived to see all the moving bodies beneath her. She was glad the earthquake damaged more buildings than bodies.

With a sharp turn, she landed outside the collapsed building and ripped the door off its hinges. "Everypony out!" She screamed, using magic to amplify her voice, and to create a glowing trail leading to the door. Within minutes, dozens had filed out, giving her their thanks. One last magic sweep, and she was content.

She teleported to Rarity's house and place of business, the Carousel Boutique, and was relived to see it, for the most part, alright. She ran in anyway to check to see if her friend was in the same condition. She found her kneeling in front of her sister, Sweetie Belle.

"Stop fidgeting."

"But it hurts..." Came the soft reply.

"I know dear, but we simply cannot let this get infected! It only burns to let you know it's doing its job." Rarity was stern, but loving with her sister.

She turned, and flew back into the air, intending to fly to Sugarcube Corner. She stopped when she saw Rainbow's house was dripping a rainbow in the center of Ponyville. She sighed as she flew in to fix it.

A quick cloud patching spell did the job just fine, and she dashed off before somepony else needed her wings and magic. She flew in through Pinkie's window, and bumped right into her flank.

Pinkie jumped into the air, and landed in front of Twilight. Peering around, she saw Pinkie had been dragging a bag of flour.

"Can't talk, gotta take care of twins!" She gasped out urgently. Twilight rolled her eyes as she passed her an inhaler and forced her to take it.

"Thanks a bunch, Twilight!" Pinkie cheered, "But I really need to help the twins." She added with a blush. Twilight signed once more as she lifted the bag with magic.

She was getting tired of being the ultimate repairpony.