• Published 22nd May 2013
  • 1,744 Views, 95 Comments

Eight - ThunderChaserCreate



Eight characters, eight clues, eight hours to change history.

  • ...
3
 95
 1,744

Whatcha baking, Pinkie? *Twilight*

A crash, a splat, and a shriek. That was how my day started. I rolled out of bed, hauling myself down the stairs and toward the kitchen, where I thought the sounds had come from. I used my magic to open the door, and found the familiar face of Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, hey Twilight!" she exclaimed, cheerful as ever. Something dripped off of her face, and it dripped sloppily onto the floor.

"Hi... what just made that sound?" I asked sleepily, my eyes still trying to adjust.

"Which one? The sound I made? The--" she yelled again, and I winced at the shrillness of her voice.

"No, the other one."

"The shlorp? That was my batter flying up to the ceiling!" She bounced a bit.

I looked up, seeing the large tan spot on my ceiling. Another huge drip collected as I watched, and fell onto my hair.

Pinkie giggled, "Sorry about that. Oh! Were you talking about that big smash? Or the noise before it? That--" she breathed wheezily, trying to duplicate a sound that I still wasn't clear on.

I groaned, thinking of the mess I now had to clean up, "You know what? Never mind. Just-- why are you in my kitchen? Why don't you use the one at Sugarcube Corner?"

"'Cause! I'm baking a souffle for Mrs. Cake's birthday! It's gotta be a surprise, silly!"

I sighed. I'm not a morning pony. "Fine. Just-- fine. Please be quiet about it. The sun's barely up."

"I know! Crack of dawn's my favorite time of day. How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess."

Outside, there was a creaking sound, and the slap of wood on wood. I heard a strangely familiar voice shout, "YOU ARE THE WORST BUCKING ALIEN EVER!", and the sound of four hooves hitting the ground.

"Who's out there? I swear to Celestia, if you hit the balcony--" I stepped outside, Pinkie following at a closer proximity than was comfortable. I pushed open the door, prepared to see anything; anything, that is, except what I saw.

The best way I can explain it is a blue... box had landed in my yard. Lyra Heartstrings, a mare I had known practically since birth, was standing beside it, helping to pull out a cream-colored earth pony and a brown stallion. The whole box was sort of... glowing, shimmering in the way only a living thing could. Black smoke puffed out of the doors, creating what would be a very obvious display from across Ponyville.

"Wh- what are you DOING?!" I shrieked upon seeing the mechanical carnage.

Lyra turned to look at me, her face telling me that she was bored with me already, "Oh. Hi, Twilight. You don't remember me, do you? Didn't think so." She said this so quickly that I couldn't respond to the question before she reacted to my silence.

Pinkie, in typical Pinkie fashion, said, "I know you, Lyra! I've seen you playing your lyre in the orchestra! Well, trying to... not really..."

"Thanks..." she sighed, hauling the stallion to his hooves.

"Pinkie!" I yelled.

"What?"

There was an awkward silence, until the cream-colored mare sniffed the air, "Something smells good. What is that?"

"It's a souffle! I'm baking it for Mrs. Cake's birthday. If you come to the party, I'll be sure to save you a piece, Rose." She grinned.

"Um--" the pony, 'Rose,' looked confused, "How did you know my name?"

"I know everypony, duh!" she beamed, pointing at Lyra, "you're Lyra Heartstrings!" she pointed at Rose, "And you're Roseluck!" she pointed at the stallion, "And you're--"

"I'm the Doctor," the stallion proclaimed.

I sniggered, "Um, does a surname come with that title, 'Doctor?'"

"No. It's just 'The Doctor.'"

"First name?"

"Docor."

"Last name?"

"Doctor."

"Rank?"

"Doctor."

"Nickname?"

"Doctor. Or 'Doc,' I suppose. But I've never actually been called that."

I groaned, "Fine. So you're 'The Doctor.' And-- may I ask about the alien remark?"

"Sure. I'm from another planet. It's called 'Gallifrey.'"

"Did you say 'Gallopfrey?'" I asked

He looked a bit confused, then burst out laughing, "Of course! World of equines, figured they'd name things after themselves. Yes! I am the Doctor, a timelord from Gallopfrey! And I need her help," he pointed his hoof, not at me, but at the one pony who couldn't handle the simplest task. The one pony who couldn't be trusted to do anything on her own, at least not without having to do twice the work when she was done.

He pointed at Pinkie Pie.