• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 1,092 Views, 18 Comments

Ponies through the Portal - Zoom Star



After finding a strange rock in the river, three best friends find themselves in Ponyville.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,092

Epilogue

As the rushing waters continued to flow, a strange swishing sound began to fill our ears. It was similar to a large object with wings, soaring through the sky. We looked around for the source of the noise, but there was nothing. After searching the skies over and over, I spotted a colourful blur, and in a single moment, the blur had landed in front of us, as Princess Celestia.

“Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student” said the Princess, smiling down at us. Twilight smiled back, walking forward. “Princess! What a pleasant surprise!” she said, bowing low. We decided to follow suite, bowing just as low as Twilight. Twilight finally spoke, simply asking "What brings you here Princess?"

Celestia smiled at her student. "I am here because I am soon to lose 3 ponies from my kingdom" she said as she pointed her hoof at us. "The links between Earth and Equestria have been drastically repaired, so that the river is fully functional to take you three home" she smiled at us. We nodded in appreciation.

The Princess looked around. “And now I suppose you will be leaving?” she asked looking down at Ginger Snap, Ginger Bread and me. We nodded, looking up at her. I opened my mouth to explain, when she held up her hoof. “I already know everything, young ones. And I understand completely” she said, smiling.

“However” she continued, beginning to pace, “I do not wish for you to go empty handed. I have now set up a special system between our two worlds, so that myself and your friends” she gestured to the 6 mares beside us, “may message you at any time” We all jumped up, happy as ever at this new proposition. She smiled at our enthusiasm, and then frowned.

It was at this point that I realised what was happening to me. My heart felt heavy with sorrow, heavy with the burden of saying goodbye to my newest friends, that I cherished so much. These ponies were everything, and I didn't want to leave, but I knew that I would have no choice but to go back home. I felt miserable all over my body, and it was horrible.

“There is only one thing left to do now” she concluded. “It is time for your goodbyes” she said, stepping back a few paces. We looked at each other, and then nodded. Ginger Snap was first, as she approached Pinkie Pie and Rarity. “Pinkie” she said, smiling at her, “Thank you for all the good times, and Rarity, thank you for the wonderful dress ideas. I hope we see each other again”.

Pinkie burst into massive gushes of tears, and continued in this manner for a few minutes before calming and hugging Ginger Snap tightly. Rarity joined the hug, her own eyes teary. Ginger Bread smiled, approaching Fluttershy and Twilight. “Fluttershy, thank you for being such a good friend, and helping me with my wings, and thank you for all your help as well Twilight” she said.

Again, the three embraced in a big group hug. I watched, a few small drops falling from eyes. I turned to Dash and Applejack, who seemed to already be crying softly as well. “Rainbow, thank you for helping me with the flying techniques. Applejack, you were an inspiration throughout my time here. I hope I can come back to spend some time with you guys” I said, more tears forming.

And then we had joined into a massive group hug, all of us in one huddle, letting our tears go. We waved at them as we walked back to the Princess. She smiled, and pointed at the river. “To get home, you will need to jump into the river, where the current will take you down the hole in the pond. Good luck” she said finally. We smiled back, and began walking towards the river.

We turned around, seeing the others lined up and waving at us. We returned the waves merrily, and then we turned and looked at the river. Before now, we had not admired the beauty of the river. It was a deep blue, the waters sparkling from the sun high in the air. The deep blue gave off a spectacular green aura that filled anypony near it with warmth and comfort.

We sighed as we prepared for the jump. And then, we leaped off the bank and into the river. The water was cold, and I squirmed a bit as I floated downstream towards the pond. Once there, the water began spinning, as did the world around me, making me very dizzy.

And then, I felt a déjà vu as I fell through on endless tunnel. Nothing was real here, everything was nothing. I could feel my body change as I continued to plummet deeper into the tunnel. Then a bright light appeared in front of me, getting closer and closer. My eyes widened as the light engulfed my vision, and I was thrown into deep sleep.

When I awoke, I was lying on the hard-wood floor of my bedroom. I felt around, waiting for my vision to return. After I had struggled to my feet, I began making out details such as a bed, a bookcase, a chest of drawers and two people just waking up. My friends had returned as well, and they too were gaining back their vision.

I looked around again. The bed was made, the bookcase was dusty as usual, the chest of drawers was clean and the saddlebag was lying comfortably against the wall. Wait, a saddlebag? I rushed over to it, picking it up and opening it. It was barely empty, but unmistakable. This was the saddlebag I had with me while in Ponyville.

I picked up the only object in the bag. A book, a small book with the title ‘Elements of Harmony’. I went back into my memories. I had bumped the shelves with my flank, causing the book to fall into my open saddlebag. I looked down at the book, amazed that it had made it through to my world. I excitedly added it to the bookshelf and smiled at the others.

And they smiled back, eager to get going to tell others of the adventure. And so there you have it. The Pony Crusaders, venturing through the portal into a mystical world full of ponies. Awesome huh? After the events, I decided, I need to share them with you. So this is my collection, of the journey back and forth. They story isn’t over yet though. We went back every week or so, and our adventures continued. But they are for another time.

Note: If you liked this, be sure to check out the Spin-Off written by Ginger Snap, set 1 year later.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment