• Published 11th May 2013
  • 3,264 Views, 169 Comments

Trixie's Class Of Theatrical Arts - Yukito



Trixie needs money, so she opens a summer course to teach ponies theatre.

  • ...
2
 169
 3,264

4 - Trixie Puts Her Hoof Down

Trixie grimaced as she looked down at the seven fillies lined up in front of her, her heads already aching from their expressions alone. Sweetie Belle seemed to be distracted by a butterfly flying above her head, Scootaloo and Alula were talking about the Wonderbolts and just paying their teacher no mind, and Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara were texting each other on their phones, despite being right next to each other, and Babs Seed and Apple Bloom were both silently making fun of the two posh ponies’ way of speaking.

“Enough!” she shouted, momentarily startling everypony, before they got back to not paying her much mind. “Do you ponies want to learn theatre or not?!”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. One second,” Scootaloo said before turning back to Alula. “So, like I was saying, Fleetfoot is-”

Trixie stomped a hoof on the floor and groaned as her students continued to ignore her. ‘This is it,’ Trixie thought to herself. ‘Time for drastic measures.’ A light shone around Trixie’s horn and she fired a spell at her seven students. They all stopped whatever they were doing immediately and screamed as the spell hit them.

“W-What happened?!” Diamond Tiara asked.

“What did you do?!” Apple Bloom demanded.

“Just a little something to get you all motivated,” Trixie said as she admired her work, grinning at the fillies’ new appearances. “The Great and Powerful Trixie did not want to resort to this, but if you have any desires to go back to the ways you were, then you will start paying attention!”

“‘Go back’?” Apple Bloom asked. “From what?”

“GAH! C-Cuz, your mane!” Babs shouted.

Apple Bloom gave the filly a confused look. “My mane? What about it?”

A loud shriek from the other end of the line of fillies made everypony turn to ace Diamond Tiara, who was looking at her reflection in a small pocketmirror. When the fillies saw her with a long red mane, they all gasped and turned to Apple Bloom. Sure enough, her mane was a pink and white-striped mane done up in a similar style to Diamond Tiara’s, the only difference being the large pink ribbon on the back.

Scootaloo’s mane was changed to a pink and purple curly mane, Silver Spoon’s was changed to a scruffy purple mane that felt like it hadn’t been washed for a few days, Babs’ was a messy purple mane that felt strangely smooth to her, Sweetie Belle’s was a clean, nice-smelling silver mane tied in a braid, and Alula’s was a short red mane with light stripes that curled over to one side.

“Get it off me!” Silver Spoon shouted.

“This feels weird,” Sweetie Belle whined, playing with the braided part of her new mane with a hoof.

“This is way too dorky for somepony as cool as me!” Scootaloo shouted in protest to Trixie.

“Hey!” Sweetie Belle cried in response.

“I dunno. I kinda like it,” Alula said, flicking her new mane’s fringe and giggling to herself.

“Eh,” Babs said. “It’d be better if it matched my tail…”

“You can’t do this to us!” Diamond Tiara told Trixie. “My daddy will be furious when he finds out about this!”

“Actually, your daddy gave Trixie permission to do this if you refused to take this class seriously,” Trixie responded, earning shocked gasps from each of the fillies present. “In fact, all of your carers gave Trixie the okay to use this spell if you give her anymore trouble.”

“That’s a lie!” Apple Bloom said. “Applejack would never let ya do somethin’ like that to us!”

“No, but that granny of yours would,” Trixie said. “Trixie believes her exact words were: ‘Eh? Oh, sure, sure. Go right ahead…’”

“No way…” Apple Bloom looked downcast for a second, before something hit her in the back of her mind. “Wait, when did you talk to Granny Smith?”

“Last night, Trixie visited your home to speak to your carer. She is not surprised you don’t remember, since the two of you were busy sleeping in each other’s hooves on the couch.”

Apple Bloom and Babs both blushed as the other fillies tried to stifle their giggles, with the exception of Sweetie Belle, who let out a ‘d’awww’ instead. To save themselves further embarrassment, the two decided to stop questioning her, but Diamond Tiara wasn’t ready to throw in the towel just yet.

“Change my hair back, now! I can’t go outside looking this!”

“And you won’t have to,” Trixie said. “So long as you stop horsing around and make some decent progress today, Trixie will remove the spell. Otherwise, it will remain in effect for seven full days and nights. And if you do exceptionally well, then Trixie will reward you special cupcakes she has ordered from Sugarcube Coroner.”

“‘Corner’,” Scootaloo corrected. “Not ‘Coroner’.”

“Oh. Yes, Trixie can see how that makes more sense,” Trixie said. “Oh, and don’t try to style your new manes or anything back into what they used to be. It won’t work.”

“This is an outrage!” Diamond Tiara shouted, stomping her hoof on the floor.

“If you don’t like it, then stop your whining and hold Apple Bloom’s hoof!”

“What?!” both Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom shouted in unison.

“The two of you will be expected to dance with each other, so at the very least you should be able to hold hooves!” The two exchanged glares at each other, before turning their heads away in disgust. “Well then, enjoy your new manestyles,” Trixie said, before turning to Silver Spoon. “Now, as for you…”

“Wait!” Diamond Tiara shouted, but it was no use; Trixie was already instructing the now-attentive Silver Spoon on her first task. “T-This can’t be happening! I can’t let other ponies see me like this. It’d be a disaster!”

“Y’think you have it bad?” Apple Bloom asked. “Look at me! I look like… well, you!”

“Watch it, blank flank! In case you couldn’t tell, I’m in no mood for your stupidity right now!”

“No, you watch it! It’s yer fault we’re in this mess in the first place!”

“No, it’s your fault! And your stupid friends’ faults!”

“Uh, it’s actually all our faults,” Alula said, receiving twin glares from the two fillies in response. “N-Never mind. I’ll just… be over there…”

“Anyway,” Apple Bloom continued, “Ah don’ wanna walk ‘round lookin’ like this, either. AJ’d never let me live it down!”

“So what do you suggest? That we actually…” Diamond Tiara made a gagging expression before continuing. “Hold… hooves?”

“It’s either that, or we walk around with each other’s manestyles for a whole week.”

Diamond Tiara looked down at Apple Bloom’s outstretched hoof, and stared at it uncertainly for a few minutes. “A-Aren’t you at least going to wash it first?”

Apple Bloom sighed and rolled her eyes. “Ah washed it this morning! Jus’ hold it already!”

With a whimper, Diamond Tiara closed her eyes, and slowly reached her hoof forward. She eventually came into contact with something solid, and furry, and dared to open and eye slightly in order to confirm that she had made contact with her enemy’s hoof.

“S-See?” Apple Bloom asked, looking to the side, just passed Diamond Tiara’s head. “That wasn’t so bad, was i-”

“Ew,” Diamond Tiara said, pulling her hoof away quickly. “Ew, ew, ew ,ew, EWWWW! I can’t believe I just did that! I’ve totally got loser germs on me now! I’ve got to go wash up before it infects me completely!”

Trixie and the other ponies watched as Diamond Tiara zipped towards the restroom as fast as she could, panicking the entire way. With a sigh, Trixie moved over to Babs and Scootaloo to give them their instructions for the day. ‘Baby steps, Trixie. I’ll get everypony else started first, then work on them. By the end of the day, they will be able to stand close proximity with one another.