• Published 12th May 2013
  • 838 Views, 11 Comments

Laughter knows no Sorrow - AngelShy24



A powerful earth mare with a dark past seeks out the Element of Laughter to end all joy and happiness. Can one little filly stop her?

  • ...
0
 11
 838

Creating a Miracle

(WARNING: part of this chapter contains mild foalcon, mild rape, and mild abusive words; yep, all of it mild.)





It had been done; Ponyville and Canterlot had fallen to Gloom’s dark power, and their only hope left, Dinky Hooves, was knocked unconscious with her necklace off her neck and the dark power was now overcoming her. It was most certain that Gloom had finally won at last with no other hindrance to hold her back.

Gloom was looking down at Dinky wearing a small smirk as she saw her body being engulfed by her spell completely, “Not so high and mighty without that necklace, are you?”

‘Caw’

“Come on, girl, it’s time to finish what I started.”

She turned away and was heading back to her orb to continue her dark deed; but just before she even got halfway to it, Gloom stopped as she sensed something. She turned back to Dinky’s direction and noticed something on the young filly.

“What’s this?”

She saw a small flow of red liquid running down Dinky’s face and it seemed to be coming from underneath her horn where that beam knocked her out at. Gloom couldn’t help look upon her and feel a little troubled.

“She’s… bleeding…”

She didn’t know why but something about seeing Dinky in such a state made her have a certain feeling that she had never felt before. She slowly walked over to Dinky and hesitantly used some of her power to partially heal her head wound and then bandaged it up so it could be protected as it healed. Once she was done she wasn’t changed or anything but she just looked at the young feeling some sort of calmness. But suddenly, she realized her actions and became confused.

“Why… did I just do that;” she wondered in frustration, “and… why did I even care? As far as I’m concerned I would’ve just let this little filly suffer from her pain… like I had to suffer from mine.”

The feeling of doing something kind was foreign to her ever since her mind turn dark when she was just an older filly; so she didn’t understand why she committed such an act. But it didn’t matter to her as she decided to forget it.

“Forget it; I don’t have time to dwell on this.”

Just then, her attention went to the familiar trinket that was lying beside Dinky and held it up with her dark aura to quickly observe it.

“Hmph, just what’s so special about this anyway? It doesn’t look all that powerful.”

Gloom looked at its weird shape and the light glow it still had made her a little uncomfortable, but she thought that maybe she could use this to her advantage somehow… even though she didn’t really need it.

“I suppose… I could try it,” she said looking at her crow friend, “just to see what makes it so powerful.”

Gloom slowly placed Dinky’s necklace around her neck, but nothing happened; not right away anyway. But before Gloom knew it, a huge power surge started to ignite throughout her body. She gasped out loud from the sudden shock. The crow itself couldn’t even move; its body suddenly stiff and trapped by the necklace’s power.

“What’s… going on?!” Gloom shouted in shock.

Just like that it’s like the necklace’s power was sending Gloom’s mind back in time, but not too far back. She was suddenly seeing many different moments in the town of Ponyville; but that was impossible. Why was she seeing moments in this place if she wasn’t even around during its existence. Plus, these moments seemed too cheerful and happy to be any of her memories. But then it finally hit her of what was going on when she saw a certain filly in each moment that her eyes were seeing. It was different lovable memories of Dinky, the same young filly that was trying to befriend her.

Suddenly seeing all of these memories of Dinky were making Gloom feel something different; similar to what she felt when she healed Dinky, only this time it wasn’t going away. It’s almost as if she was suddenly in Dinky’s place feeling all of this love and friendship that she experience. To Gloom it was a bit frightening but also quite exhilarating.

“All of these… memories,” Gloom thought to herself, “These joyous and happy moments; this filly… has a lot of them. So this is somewhat of what I used to feel; happiness, love, affection, and friendship. It feels so… warm and comforting.”

Gloom never thought that she would ever experience this kind of feeling ever again in her whole miserable life. However, she still didn’t understand what purpose this moment served for her or how it was to make her feel any stronger. But just then after Gloom saw all of these happy memories of Dinky, she began to see something that was completely different from everything else that she saw.

“Wait, what’s this?”

-----

Gloom was suddenly witnessing a scene inside Dinky’s house. Most of the lights were off so it seemed a bit dreary and empty. But just then, she saw a younger version of Dinky run down from upstairs looking for her mother; she looked to be about 6 years old at least.

“Mommy mommy, can you play a game with me?! M-M-Mommy?!”

She didn’t see her anywhere amongst the darkness, but someone was standing nearby; a unicorn stallion wearing a little smile and looking down upon her. Dinky’s body began to slightly shake when she saw who it was.

“D-D-Daddy?”

“Sorry, sweetheart,” the young stallion said while approaching her slowly, “your mommy is out to take care of some business. But don’t worry; I’ll play a game with you.”

The creepy look in his eyes and the tone of his voice; Dinky knew what her father was up to as she slowly cowered and began to back away from him.

“N-n-n-nevermind, I-I’ll just play w-with my toys.”

Before she could get away, the stallion used his magic to drag her right next to him and he said, “Aw, what the matter; you want to play with your ditz of a mother… but you don’t want to play with your dad?”

“N-n-no,” Dinky said hesitantly as she looked away from him, “but… I-I don’t like the way you p-play with me.”

Suddenly, the young stallion sat down in a chair and brought Dinky over to him as he leaned her against him facing away. Dinky panicked a little as the stallion held her closer and started to run his hoof through her mane.

“You don’t necessarily mean that, do ya?” he said to her, “I love playing with my little girl and you should feel the same way about me.”

“D-Daddy, please don’t…”

“I’m afraid that I can’t do that; I can only have this moment with you when your Mother is out.” The young stallion then began to move his fore hoof down Dinky’s side enjoying the feel of the soft fur, “You’re becoming a big girl, and your body is turning out nicely.”

Dinky was blushing from what her father was doing to her, but she didn’t want to enjoy it. Even at her age she knew what her father was doing was wrong and was struggling a bit trying to make him cease.

“P-please, Daddy, I-I-I don’t want to do this anymore.”

The stallion held her down tighter to keep her from escaping and slightly bit her ear to keep her in check. It caused her whine a bit and stopped her from struggling; he knew that it worked every time.

“We’ve already been doing this for a week and you’re still saying that you don’t like this? Well… that’s too bad; I love you, Dinky, and I’m going to continue to show you just how much I mean it.”

And with that, he gave Dinky a little light yet prolong lick on her horn. He kept on doing that for a little bit and Dinky was just sitting there embarrassingly blushing; no longer resisting his actions even though she didn’t like.

After that, the stallion looked down and chuckled as he placed his hoof on top of Dinky’s that were placed in between her legs.

“Now then, let’s remove these delicate little hooves.”

“N-no, please stop; s-stop it!”

Suddenly, Dinky was spared any further uncomforted feelings when the house door suddenly swung open, and in the doorway was Dinky’s Mother, Derpy. She came back because she forgot her mailbag… again. But as she stood there, she began to curiously tilt her head as she was trying to comprehend the situation between her Daughter and her stallion friend.

“Huh, what’s going on here?”

“Oh, hey Derpy; I was just playing a little game with our lovely daughter. Isn’t that right, Dinky?”

Dinky had her head down not looking at any of her parents feeling hurt and scared. Derpy noticed a few tears trickling down her daughter’s face and was wondering what was wrong.

“Dinky, you’re crying… like you have been recently every day. Is something bothering you?” She then looked at her stallion lover, “You aren’t doing anything mean to her, are you?”

Trying to act innocent, the young stallion smiled and said, “What, don’t be ridiculous; I’m a stallion of my word. Even you should know that only a sick monster would be mean to our cute little Dinky.

Just then without any warning, the stallion felt Dinky bite down on his hoof so hard that he yelp from his pain and loosen his grip on her. She stepped down and turned back around towards the stallion that was her father while glaring at him with tears still in her eyes.

“You are a sick monster!” she shouted at him in anger, “I… I-I-I don’t want to play with you anymore; I hate you!”

“Dinky!” Derpy shouted as she saw what had happened.

The stallion partially glared at the young filly feeling the after pain from her bite and responded, “Dinky, you better calm down right now.”

But Dinky ignored him as she looked at her Mother and had the courage to finally tell her everything that was happening, “He’s been fooling with me, Mommy!”

“Huh?” Derpy wondered; she didn’t quite get what her daughter meant by that.

“Be quiet, Dinky,” said the stallion as he raised his voice, “I mean it.”

Dinky was literally shaking while getting her words out, but she wasn’t going to be held back from telling her mother the truth anymore; she had enough.

“Every time I’m home alone with Daddy he keeps forcing me to play with him and I don’t like it! He… he licks my horn, Mommy!”

Derpy suddenly gasped hearing what her daughter said; she fully understood that situation, but why would the stallion she fell in love with do something like that?

“That enough out of you, Dinky,” the stallion suddenly shouted in anger, “Don’t make me tell you again.”

The tone in his voice did make Dinky cower a bit, but she still didn’t stop; she was going to tell her Mother everything, “H-h-h-he even t-told me that he doesn’t even like you and would rather have me as a…”

Dinky suddenly found herself being slapped across her face by her the stallion’s hoof sending her down on the ground. The pain was immense to her and she began to sob lightly where she laid. Derpy couldn’t believe her eyes as her mouth gaped opened; she wasn’t going to let this stand. She knew that foals had to be disciplined every now and then, but her lover just took it too far.

“I tried to warn you,” the stallion said to Dinky as he stared down at her, “but you didn’t listen. Learn to respect me and obey your fa…”

Just then, Derpy spread her wings and slammed herself right into the stallion, and he went flying into a wall. When he looked up, he saw Derpy standing in front of Dinky while huffing and puffing and glaring at him with an angered expression.

“Wh-wh-what’s gotten into you honey?” he said trying to act innocent.

However, Derpy was not being fooled anymore, “Don’t… d-don’t call me that, not after what you just did in front of me! Is what Dinky said true?!”

The stallion was about to tell her another lie, but he could tell in her derp-eyed expression that it wasn’t going to work anymore.

“Answer me! Do you really hate me; do you think I’m too stupid to know what’s really going on here?!”

Suddenly, an amused smile came onto the stallion’s face as he decided to stop acting nice to her, “You never seemed to noticed it yourself so far; so I say that you are pretty stupid… not that you never were.”

The stallion’s true colors were finally starting to show in Derpy’s eyes and she was getting furious in her own way, “I… I can’t believe you!”

Dinky was still lying on the ground watching the event unfold in front of her. She saw how her mother was reacting and tried to speak up, “M-Mommy?”

But Dinky was so mad she just shouted, “Be quiet, Dinky!”

Dinky pulled back a bit feeling a little terrified of how her parents were suddenly acting towards each other. She wasn’t feeling very happy.

“I don’t understand; I cared for you, I dated you and played with you! I did all of that because I loved you; and now I find out that you did something like this! What did all of that mean to you anyway?!”

“Oh quit your whining already,” the young stallion said, “can’t you take a hint? The fact is that you’re dumb; no scratch that… you’re downright retarded; you always have been and you always will be. I’ve tried my best to tolerate you and your screwy eyes and clumsy idiocy, but now… I can’t stand you anymore.”

Derpy was crying a bit herself, but her anger didn’t falter while hearing everything that her lover said to her, “And so what, you decide to hit on Dinky… your own daughter?!”

The longer Derpy and young stallion kept yelling at each other, the farther Dinky inched herself away from them. She didn’t realize what she started, but she was soon going to see what it was.

“It’s a shame, really,” the stallion spouted, “Dinky just turned 6 two weeks ago and she’s already smarter than you; and cuter.”

“Why you…”

“The only good thing I liked about you is your giant iron ball of an ass. Once I got past that, nothing about our time mattered to me anymore; heh, that is… until our sweet little Dinky was born.”

Derpy was a mare who sometimes seemed a little too friendly and never was easily angered by anyone; but this time, Derpy was furious. Dinky never saw her mother so mad before; it kinda scared her. Derpy however wasn’t going to let this fake lover of hers get away with his actions.

“You… you sick bastard! You just used me, and now you were planning to use our… our…”

Suddenly, Derpy ceased in her words as she just began to break down and was on her way to crying. The stallion didn’t really care though; he rather liked seeing her being so upset; she seemed like such a baby to him.

“Aw, what’s the matter; you’re upset now? You going to cry, little ret…”

Suddenly, Derpy slammed her hooves down on the ground to silence the young stallion. She raised her wings out to her sides and threw a threatening glare at him to intimidate him.

“Get… out… now. The way you really feel about me is bad enough, but the way you’ve been treating Dinky… n-never mind. Get out, and leave our… no, MY Daughter, MY little muffin alone… YOU SICKO!!!”

The young stallion was a bit surprised of how different Derpy was acting and the fact that she was truly ma; but he wasn’t moved at all. He looked over at Dinky with a little smirk and Dinky whimpered a bit and scooted behind Derpy and out of his view.

He looked at Derpy with a nonchalant smile and told her off, “Do you really think that I’m going to take orders from a dumb, clumsy mare? And besides, if I’m going to leave this dump… I’m taking Dinky with me.”

Derpy couldn’t stand him anymore; the way he was acting toward Dinky was making her pissed off. She prepared to do something that she never would’ve thought she would do, “Would a dumb, clumsy mare do this?!!!”

Gloom, the dark mare who was witnessing all of this in her mind thanks to the necklace that she placed on herself couldn’t believe what she was seeing with her own eyes. She witnessed Dinky’s mother literally tackle her now ex-lover and began to wail out on him. The stallion however did defend himself, but in the end he did way less damage to her than she did to him. She punched him, kicked him, and bit him in a rough, dirty scuffle; and she did all of that repeatedly until he was covered in bruises and blood soaked wounds.

As the memory went on, Gloom saw Dinky cowering in a corner trying not to watch what her mother was doing to the stallion; but even then it was like she could tell what was happening. Never in her life did she see her mother this out of control before just to protect her; it frightened her so much and she just wanted it all to be a dream. Before things got too out of hand however, some other ponies who heard the scuffle nearby came in and stopped the fight. The two ponies were soon brought to court for the situation that they made; and while in the end the stallion was found guilty and charged for sexual rape against a foal, Derpy still had to serve a two week sentence for assault; because technically she did overdo it and the stallion was the one covered in all the wounds. Dinky had to stay with a certain pony that she knew very well during that time; and to Gloom, she seemed somewhat familiar.

-----

By her sheer willpower, Gloom used her dark power to quickly ricochet the necklace from around her neck to release herself from the memories that were flooding her mind. She stood still breathing heavily as she was recovering from the strong energy that came from the necklace trying to recall what had happened.

“So… that is what this… little filly has gone through,” she said to herself, “I can’t believe it. How can somepony like her go through something like that and still be so caring and… happy?”

“Because despite what she witnessed,” said a sudden nearby voice, “she has too strong of a heart to permanently give up hope.”

Gloom suddenly turned to the entrance of the mountain and saw a certain earth pony mare make her way inside. The mare just stood there and gave Gloom a little calm smirk.

“It quite a pleasure to finally meet you… Gloom, or should I say… Amity.”

Gloom’s eyes widen as she realized the name the random mare called her, “Who the heck are you, and how do you know my re… that name?”

Gloom also realized that it was the same pony that she saw in Dinky's memory; the one that she had to stay with while her Mother served her sentence. Just then, Gloom felt a familiar vibe coming from the mare and became curious, “Wait… do I… know you from somewhere?”

“I’m afraid not,” the mare responded, “but I’m sure you know my Great Grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Stone.”

That name was completely known to Gloom as she thought of something from her past, “What… those two?”

She remembered two particular ponies of her hometown that were fighting against her and were planning to do something bad to her; at least… that’s what she thought.

“I am Emerald Stone; their Great Granddaughter,” the earth pony mare said, “I’ve heard everything about you from my parents, and they heard it from their parents, and they… well, you know.”

Gloom was wondering where this mare came from and why she wasn’t under her spell. But her mind was soon blown when she saw a second identical trinket around Emerald’s neck. Where did she get it and how did she know about it?

“I’m sure you also know that it was them that made these trinkets,” Emerald said seeing Gloom staring at her trinket, “They made them out of special light crystals mainly to try and use them to purify your dark heart. However, you found out about their plan and had them imprisoned, but not before they successfully hid the two trinkets so you wouldn’t destroy them. Then eventually, Princess Celestia heard about you and what you had become and imprisoned you inside a mountain because your power was too great. And since then the town was free from your power and everypony there praised Celestia and truly regretted what they drove you to. But now here you are again up to your same tricks.”

Hearing Emerald talking to her about her tragic past annoyed her just as Dinky annoyed her talking about it, “Why are you telling me all of this; are you here to make fun of me?!”

“No,” said Emerald solemnly, “I’m here to apologize.”

“Ap… p-pologize, for what?”

“For what my family’s birth town did to you. When I heard about you and of what happened to you back then; I was appalled. All I could think to myself was… who would do such a thing to a cute and beautiful young filly.”

Gloom thought that she was trying to kiss up to her, but she refused to give in, “Humph, what are you talking about; I was neither cute nor beautiful.”

“Yes you were!” Emerald protested as she held up the trinket around her neck, “As I wear this necklace, not only is it repelling your dark power, but its allowing me to see exactly how you look like back then. You were a gem; a special young filly with a power that was unnatural to your kind. And your parents… they should’ve treated you better, as in setting an example for the rest of the town.”

Gloom scowled thinking about her parents and how they went from caring for her to using her. However, now she slightly began regretting of ever killing her own parents no matter how cruel they were.

“You know,” said Emerald, “if you choose to love the world again, there are many ponies that would love you back and want to become your friend.”

“Yeah,” Gloom scoffed, “and who would that be?”

“Well… I would be for one and many others in Ponyville as well. And Pinkie Pie, the pony you mercilessly snuffed out the Element of Laughter out of, she wanted to be your friend too I bet.”

Gloom’s head began to hurt as she bent down and groaned in pain. It’s like there was a battle going on in there on what she should believe; but after what she went through, how could she expect something like that?

She looked at Emerald with her body shaking and giving her a bothersome glare, “Look at you; you fail to realized the type of world I have lived in. They all hated me, loathed me, and feared me! Every time I was around any pony they would run away from me, screaming in fear.”

“Did SHE run away from you?!” Emerald shouted as she pointed to Dinky who was still out of commission.

Gloom looked over at Dinky and suddenly felt a slight feeling of remorse remembering those different moments when the little filly was trying to befriend her and be nice to her. Sure she was a little scared at first, but she never ran away from her except when she herself shooed her away. Just what was this positive aura she was suddenly feeling?

“This little filly bothered you, pestered you and probably annoyed you because she wanted to be your friend. She was even willing to risk her life to fight you just so you could come to your senses; even I was quite surprised when I saw the length she went to stop your plan. So tell me… would somepony who hated you do all of that?!”

Gloom realized that Emerald was right; if Dinky was truly terrified of her she wouldn’t have gone through all that trouble.

“You still have a kind heart in there somewhere, Amity,” Emerald said sincerely, “why else would you stop for a moment to heal this filly’s wound?”

Gloom began to feel a sense of calm in her heart. She couldn’t explain it, but her heart was softening and was beginning to make her realize just how lost she really was in her darkness. She tilted her head away while hesitantly asking Emerald a question…

“S-so, this young filly… Dinky is it; tell me, how is she this way… after everything she had gone through with her parents?”

“Well… believe it or not,” Emerald started to explain, “She went a bit more than that.”

Gloom didn’t understand; how could it be worse than what she went through at just 6 years old?

“There were other certain ponies that weren’t very fond of Dinky’s Mother to begin with because of how clumsy she is and her weird behavior; and they would even mock about her behind her back. But after what she did to her ex-lover, some of them even became a little scared and weary of her and that made Dinky feel very sad.”

Gloom was starting to understand the similarity of her tragic life and Dinky’s moment of sadness as Emerald continued her explanation; but she wanted to hear more than that to be convinced.

“In Dinky’s School it was no different. Some of her classmates always said mean things about her Mother calling her names like stupid and big butt, and they always ridiculed and made fun of Dinky because of her situation and because of the two ponies she was born from.”

Town residents disliking her Mom and classmates making her feel miserable; Gloom was starting to think that maybe there was more to Dinky’s past she let on.

“Dinky wanted everypony to not be scared of her Mother and continued to try and be friendly to her classmates, but there were times that she thought it was all hopeless. Sound like somepony you know?”

Indeed she did, it was just like when she gave up all hope and ran away from her home… only to return to it, full of hate and pure anger. Perhaps she and Dinky were more alike than she thought. But what happened; what was it that didn’t allow Dinky to take the dark path like she did?

“But luckily despite those who were awfully cautious around Dinky’s Mother and those making Dinky’s life seem meaningless, she still had friends that still loved her and her Mother and were always nice to her no matter what; and that included me since I offered to help look after her. Pretty soon Derpy realized that it didn’t really matter what any pony thought about what had happened; but what did mattered was forgetting the past and be glad for what she had. And now as of today, ever since the last Summer Sun Celebration and the return of the Elements of Harmony, the residents soon got over everything and became fonder of the both of them and Derpy has been shown more respect… mostly.”

“Friends…” Gloom thought to herself, “So that’s what it was; that… is what saved her… from being corrupted like me. But me, I never looked; when I ran away I assumed right then and there that the whole world hated me, and I chose to hate it back without any concern or second thought. What a complete fool I was.”

“So you see,” said Emerald, “the whole world doesn’t hate one single individual. It may seem that to some, but you always have somepony who would still love you and respect you; even if it’s not your own parents.”

“I… I… I really had no idea,” said Gloom with tears of sadness in her eyes, “I was so frustrated and upset that I never knew of that possibility. I never knew that somewhere in the world, friendship would be waiting for me to accept it, even if it wasn’t my own home.”

“If it makes you feel any better,” asked Emerald, “I would be glad to be your friend too, along with Dinky here.”

Gloom just slumped down on her flank feeling completely guilty of everything she‘s done, “What does it matter, I’ve already done too much damage and I can’t change it back.”

“You mean… there’s nothing you can do?”

What could she do; it’s not like she had the power to make everyone happy again and full of laughter. Her power only brought sadness and sorrow and only that.

“What have I done; why did my dark power blind me for so long?!”

Suddenly, Gloom’s crow friend was cawing in her ear trying to tell her something.

‘Caw caw’

“Wait, what was that, girl?”

‘Caw’

“Yes… yes, of course; there is still a way. I can still bring back the happiness back… like… Dinky wanted.”

Emerald felt quite relieved to hear that there was something Gloom could do to fix everything.

“So there is a way for you to fix all of this; that’s great! So go on, do it already!”

But unfortunately… it came with a possible price.

“However… what I have to do is pretty risky for me. This orb that absorbed the energy of the laughter element and turned it into negative energy was created by my own darkness. If I concentrate enough, I can reverse the effects and give the Element of Laughter its power back. But… there’s no telling what doing this will do to my dark essence… the power that has kept me alive for all these years.”

A deep, dark sense of fear arose in Emerald’s bowels afraid of what Gloom was talking about, “What; you mean you could…”

Gloom didn’t say anything, but she just closed her eyes as a single tear ran down the side of her cheek. She looked back over to Emerald and ordered…

“Take Dinky; take her and get out of here… now!”

“But… what about you?” Emerald asked in concern.

“What about me? I need to be here to right the wrong that I have done… and what I could have done. Consider it my debt to Ponyville and all of Equestria for drowning in darkness and letting it control me for so long.”

It pained for Emerald to listen to her, but she understood. She slowly placed the still unconscious filly onto her back and looked over at Gloom before walking out.

But at the last moment, Gloom stopped her, “Wait… do me a favor, would ya? When that little filly wakes up… tell her that I said… I’m sorry.”

Emerald smiled and nodded, “See, we knew there was a kind heart still inside there somewhere.”

After Emerald left in a flash, Gloom looked over at her crow friend who was still staying with her. It was rubbing itself against her and softly cooing knowing what she was going to do. For the first time ever, Gloom made a little chuckle out of her calm heart and gave her crow friend a little pat on the head and pleaded…

“You need to get out of here too. There's no need for you to share my dark power anymore. Leave now while you still can.”

‘Caw caw’

“Go on, girl; please, don’t make me ask anymore.”

The crow rose up its wings and began to float up in the air while still staring at Gloom, and then it sadly flew away. After Gloom calmed her nerves, she walked up the floating orb that housed her dark energy feeling a slight sense of doubt; but she refused to let that stop her for what she needed to do. She searched deep into her heart and found the light that began to shine within her; with that, she summoned her power using the source of her new happiness that she discovered.

And before anything else was done, Gloom made a little calm smile thinking of everything that she went through… and the new friends that she had in such a short time.

“Thank you, Emerald Stone, and thank you… Dinky, for bringing me back to the light.”

And with that, a bright light suddenly burst forth from within the mountain, and Gloom’s new found light shinned all throughout Equestria; and soon the curse from Gloom’s power was lifted and happiness and laughter returned to the land. It was then and only then, that Gloom fulfilled her true purpose.

Author's Note:

1 short chapter left...

(Note): The end of the flashback scene was inspired by this fanart...
https://derpibooru.org/55971?scope=scpecb9ec6eaac793dee156bd70150c8d05269d3a4d8