• Published 12th May 2013
  • 838 Views, 11 Comments

Laughter knows no Sorrow - AngelShy24



A powerful earth mare with a dark past seeks out the Element of Laughter to end all joy and happiness. Can one little filly stop her?

  • ...
0
 11
 838

Capture!

In the dead of night, at the Hooves’ house, Derpy was fast asleep in her bed snoring away, probably dreaming of something that deals with muffins.

“Mmmm… yeah, that’s right; give me your delicious muffin… all of it…”

Yeah, it was something about muffins alright; but as she was dreaming away, the door to her room slowly creaked open and caused Derpy to groggily wake up from her… delicious dream as she perked her head up and looked around.

“Huh… whaazat?”

When her vision became a bit clearer, she noticed that the sound she heard was her daughter, Dinky who was standing in her doorway. Her body was shaking a bit and her eyes looked dreadfully sleepy. Derpy could tell that something happened that caused her daughter to come to her like this around 3am in the morning.

“Dinky, are you okay?”

Dinky softly shook her head as she wiped her eyes trying to stay awake, “I had a bad dream, so I couldn’t sleep.”

“A bad dream, what did you dream about, Sweetie?”

Dinky went over to her mother and whispered into her ear of what she dreamed about. What she heard caused tears to appear in her eyes and she reached over to pull up her daughter and gave her a comforting hug holding on to her tight.

“Oh sweet buttercream muffins; you poor thing!” She then placed her on her bed beside her and placed her under the covers, “Come on, you can sleep with me for the rest of the night.”

Looking at her daughter, Derpy suddenly realized that something was missing, “Wait a minute, what happened to your necklace charm thingy; weren’t you wearing it?”

“No, it pokes me while I sleep.” Dinky softly responded.

Derpy just had a little giggle while rubbing her daughter’s head, “Hee hee, I guess that does make sense.”

What Dinky had dreamed about was still causing her to tremble a bit; it was based on the traumatic event that happened to them in the past.

“Mommy, I never want that to happen to us ever again.”

“Of course it won’t happen again, silly,” said Derpy as she held Dink close to her again, “don’t think that it ever will. You just had a nightmare, and nightmares just express your worst fears. As long as you don’t give in to those fears, you have nothing to worry about. That’s how I get over my fears after all.”

Derpy’s words always seemed to cheer Dinky up no matter how down she felt. Sleeping with her mother was just what she needed to help calm her down.

“Thank you, Mommy,” said Dinky, and then she displayed a big yawn before falling back to sleep. Derpy just smiled seeing her daughter successfully comforted and then kissed her on her forehead.

“Anytime… sweet dreams, my little muffin.”

-----

Twilight and her friends didn’t fully confirm to themselves that the creature going after Pinkie was ‘Gloom’, a rumored pony that lived about 200 years ago, but that didn’t stop them to make the necessary precautions. During that exact night, Twilight had notified Celestia of what they had witnessed, and Celestia immediately placed the Elements on constant watch. She also put a high alert in Canterlot just in case anything major happened.

In Ponyville, Twilight had stayed with Pinkie in Sugar Cube Corner and was lending her magic expertise to protect her in any way necessary. When morning came, Pinkie was wide awake and ready for the brand new day; and Twilight… was still fast asleep. She was up a lot of that night trying to study some necessary spells that could help against this hypothetical threat and tired herself out. Pinkie decided to let her rest for as long as she could to gather strength.

After a while in the late-morning, Twilight finally woke up from her deep sleep and came downstairs from Pinkie’s room where Pinkie was looking over the shop for the Mr. and Mrs. Cake and babysitting the twins.

“Morning Twilight,” Pinkie called out happily, “you’re finally up!”

Seeing Pinkie still alive and well was a huge relief for Twilight as she yawned and smirked, “Yeah, I guess I overexerted myself last night making the necessary precautions.”

“Whatever that means,” said Pinkie

Pinkie suddenly took a look outside and noticed that the magical barrier that Twilight had up since last night was still up and had no signs of wearing down. Pinkie was impressed but still a little concerned about her friend.

“Hey, um… Twilight?” she said semi-worryingly, “I am much appreciated that you stayed here with me last night while Spike and Owlicious watched over the library, but… isn’t that giant shield outside a bit too much? Maybe that’s why you’re so sleepy.”

Twilight disagreed to Pinkie and told her why, “Hypothesizing on what we might be dealing with, doing this is hardly too much. Besides, Celestia suggested doing this when I contacted her yesterday, remember?”

“Oh yeah,” said Pinkie chuckling a bit, “I almost forgot. But wait… what about the Elements of Harmony?”

“They’re locked up safe and sound in the Canterlot sun locker for a last resort. Celestia will have eyes looking all over Canterlot and we are looking here. This Gloom, if it is her, she will not escape.”

Pinkie suddenly rushed over to Twilight and gave her a big tight hug… not knowing just how tight she was doing it, “Thank you so much Twilight, I feel much safer already!”

“Too tight, too tight!”

Pinkie quickly let and smiled at Twilight sheepishly, “Whoops, sorry.”

The two Cake twins, Pumpkin and Pound were flying and floating over to where Pinkie and Twilight were and were babbling in their baby talk smiling and seeking attention.

“Can’t those two ever just crawl or walk like normal babies?” said Twilight smirking, “But then again I shouldn’t be quick to judge.”

“Hey Pumpkin and Pound;” said Pinkie as she bent down and smiled at the twins, “don’t worry, your ol’ Auntie Pinkie Pie will be alright!”

Pinkie stepped all the way outside to take a good look at the humungous shield covering the place and was pretty fond of it, “Wow… you know something, it actually looks prettier during the day; the way it shimmers in the sunlight.”

Twilight was fond her own work as well and she did her best to explain it to her pink friend, “I studied up on this spell with a little help from my brother; it’s a spell similar to the same one my brother casted during his wedding with Cadence. It can sense any dark energy that tries to pass through here, so if that dark mare comes here, we’ll know for sure. I just never thought that I would be using this spell so soon; but I guess it’s a better time than ever.”

Suddenly, Pinkie was bouncing up and down while pointing up in the sky, “Ooh look, there’s Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy!”

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were working together that morning to see if they find any suspicious activity along with a few other pegasi. They flew down to Twilight and Pinkie to report them in what they’ve seen.

“Have you girls seen anything suspicious yet,” said Rainbow Dash, “because Fluttershy and I got nothing. A few other pegasi are helping too… even though they think we kinda lost it… about this Gloom creature I mean.”

“Nothing suspicious here, Dashie,” said Pinkie happily, “just me, Twilight and the Cakes!”

“Well we can’t give up nor can we let our guard down; that creature could be lurking around anywhere.”

“Um… do you think we could take a break, Rainbow Dash?” said Fluttershy panting from exhaustion.

Feeling on the edge for action, Rainbow Dash refused, “Sorry Fluttershy, no breaks; we can’t be laid back even for a second!”

“Come on Dashie,” said Pinkie, “just relax a little bit.” She zoomed into the house and then zoomed back out holding a tray of cupcakes, “Have some cupcakes… on the house.”

Rainbow Dash just looked at her feeling slightly annoyed, but then just sighed and smiled as she gave in, “Well… I guess that having a couple of sweets wouldn’t hurt.”

Pinkie Pie was happy, Fluttershy was relieved and Twilight was amused of how easily Pinkie persuaded Rainbow into taking a break. But as they started to walk back inside Sugar Cube Corner, Twilight suddenly felt a little twinge in her horn; and she stopped for a second to groan from the slight discomfort.

“Ugh, whoa… now I know how my Brother felt.”

“Twilight, Twilight what’s wrong?” asked Fluttershy worryingly with others looking at her too.

“I-it’s the shield,” Twilight responded, “It has been breached.”

‘Caw’

Suddenly, they all turned around and just outside the door, a single black crow was standing on the ground staring back at them with glowing red eyes.

“What the… what’s with the creepy crow?” questioned Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy started to shudder in slight fear as she looked upon the mysterious creature, “It’s… it’s that crow, the one that I saw the other day!”

Aside from it red eyes, Rianbow just chuckled at how harmless it looked… to her, “Heh, what’s so dangerous about…”

Just then the crow gave them a slight scare as it raised its wings in the air a let out a gigantic…

‘SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!’

“Whoa!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “I stand corrected.”

The crow’s eyes suddenly fixated right on Pinkie Pie as it started to flap its wings and dashed right at her. Pinkie yelped a bit and hid behind the counter and Twilight got in the crow’s path with her horn at the ready.

“Get back,” she shouted, “I got it!”

She successfully repelled the crow away from them, and then trapped it under a little barrier. Unfortunately, as its eyes glowed it suddenly penetrated right through the shield and broke free of its confinement.

“What the… it broke Twilight’s shield!” Rainbow Dash said out of shock.

“Now that is one tough birdie!” added Pinkie.

After shaking itself off, the crow rose up in the air again but this time started to fly away from them towards outside.

“It’s trying to get away!” shouted Rainbow Dash angrily.

Twilight made a little scowl with a deep intent to protect Pinkie, “No it isn’t.”

She suddenly turned to Fluttershy who was shaking slightly from the creepy crow and asked, “Fluttershy, think you can stay here with Pinkie?”

“Huh, o-oh… s-sure,” Fluttershy responded hesitantly.

As the crow flew off, Rainbow Dash was right on its trail, “Follow that Crow!” And Twilight followed right behind her.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie just stood there in silence and the Cake twins were just sitting nearby staring blatantly at them wondering what was going on.

“So… what now?” Fluttershy finally said.

“What else,” Pinkie responded, “you must guard me… like a hawk!”

Fluttershy was sweating out of being so nervous, “Oh yeah, I can do that… I-I think.”

-----

Many Ponies were getting out of Twilight and Rainbow Dash’s way as they were on pursuit of the fleeing crow that they need to catch if they wanted to know what was going on. However, they just so happen to come across their other two friends.

“Look out!” Rainbow shouted.

However, it was too late to stop in their tracks and all four ponies ran into each other… literally.

“What is the meaning of this,” Rarity complained as she got up from the fall and was brushing herself off, “you almost ruined my wonderful self-pedicure.”

“Worry about your wonderful looks later, Rarity,” shouted Rainbow, “We have a serious situation on our hooves!”

“What are ya ramblin’ on about, Rainbow,” asked Applejack; and then she looked over at Twilight, “What’s goin’ on, Twilight!?”

“That’s what’s going on!” she responded while pointing out in front of them.

Standing on the ground just watching them was the crow that Twilight and Rainbow were chasing. It just stood there… glaring at them with its red eyes and cawing deep and lowly.

“Whoa, there’s somethin’ mighty creepy about that crow,” Applejack stated.

“Indeed,” Rarity added feeling slightly creeped out, “just look at those eyes… doesn’t it give you the heebie jeebies?”

“That’s the same crow Fluttershy claimed that she saw,” Rainbow protested, “… and it tried to attack Pinkie!”

Applejack then started to glare back at the crow and was staring it down intensely, “Really; well that just won’t stand.”

“Rarity, Fluttershy is back at Sugar Cube Corner with Pinkie;” Twilight instructed, “she might need your assistance.”

“No need repeat, Twilight,” Rarity responded, “I’m on my way.”

Rarity soon took her leave of her three friends to help out her other two friends, running as fast as she could and not strand of her mane out of place. Afterwards, the other three mare turned their attention back to the taunting crow in front of them.

“Now where were we?” said Rainbow Dash, “Oh yeah… get him!!!”

As they dashed towards it, the crow took off again keeping itself from their reach… well, AJ and Twilight’s reach anyway. As they continued forward, they just so happened to come across Dinky who was out for late-morning walk. As they galloped by, Twilight quickly greeted her and then left.

“Hi Dinky, bye Dinky!”

After they went by, Dinky was a little shaken by what just happened in front of her and she noticed the strange bird they were chasing… the strange… familiar bird.

“I wonder what they were doing;” she wondered to herself, “and that crow that they were chasing… could it have been… nah, it couldn’t be.”

-----

Rarity finally got to Sugar Cube Corner and noticed Fluttershy sitting just outside the barrier that surrounded it.

“Ah, there you are, Fluttershy,” she said with relief, “glad to see that you’re doing well.”

Fluttershy smiled and was glad to see one of her friends come back to help her, “Hey Rarity, did you see…”

“Yes I did;” Rarity interrupted, “Twilight asked me to come over to assist you and assist you I shall. So, where’s Pinkie?”

“Oh, she’s inside. I just thought I could stay out here a bit while she handled things in there.”

Rarity was on high alert despite being who she is, but she was willing to look out for Pinkie even if it meant working hard, “Well, while the others girls chasing after that creepy bird, we better be on the lookout for anything else that might be suspicious. Pinkie is depending on us to protect her at all costs.”

“Of course,” Fluttershy agreed, “we don’t want anything bad to happen to her.”

Just then unknown to both mares, a small little dark-purple colored filly was slowly approaching towards the building. Rarity and Fluttershy didn’t notice her yet, but that’s exactly what she wanted. She slowly held up her hoof up to the barrier and made a little small opening appear in front of her and she was able to get through without touching it. Once she did, Fluttershy and Rarity quickly turned around feeling that someone was nearby.

“Huh, what was that?” said Fluttershy.

“Halt, who goes there?!” said Rarity; and then she giggled to herself, “Oh I always wanted to say that.”

Once they realized that it was just a little filly and she was staring at them with cute heart-broken eyes, they backed down and fondled over her cute appearance.

“Oh… false alarm,” said Rarity nervously, “it’s just a little filly going in for a sweet treat.”

“Oh my goodness, she’s so adorable,” Fluttershy squealed softly.

Rarity smiled and waved at the young filly, “Don’t mind us darling; do go on with your business.”

After turning her head around, a grim smirk grew under her muzzle as she successfully entered into the building.

“Hey, Fluttershy,” said Rarity, “… did that filly seem oddly suspicious to you.”

“Only that she’s suspiciously cute,” Fluttershy responded while smiling brightly, “I sure hope that we didn’t startle her; we meant no harm.”

“She’ll be fine, Fluttershy, just keep your eyes. If she almost got past us, who knows what else could.”

-----

Pinkie Pie was inside playing with Pumpkin and Pound and keeping them feeling happy and cheerful. But then her ears suddenly perked up and she looked behind her at the door as it slowly started to open

“Ooh, a customer!”

In the doorway, she saw a single dark purple filly walk in, and she was starring blatantly at the pink pony who smiling brightly.

“Hey there little filly, I’ll be right with you!”

As Pinkie hopped away in the kitchen, the small filly was slowly walking toward the front counter and went past Pumpkin and Pound. Suddenly, the two toddler foals started to tear up and then began to cry out. A small little smirk came onto the filly’s face as she thought to herself, “Heh, such noisy little brats.”

Pinkie heard Pumpkin and Pound’s cries and came out to see what was going on, “Pumpkin, Pound, don’t cry; what’s wrong?”

She picked up both of them with her mouth and carried them over to the crib in the family room and laid them down. Pinkie looked at them with pleading eyes, “Come on; don’t be like that, you’ll upset the little filly here. Rest in here, okay?”

Pinkie walked back into the main room where the little filly was waiting and watching her every move. She just smiled at her and said, “Sorry about that, those two usually like other company, especially other foals. So, what can I do for you?”

The little filly stayed silent, and wasn’t saying a word as she just sat there leaving Pinkie feeling kinda confused of what was going on, “Wow, you’re pretty silent, aren’t you. Come on, don’t be shy; show me a smile.”

Suddenly, the filly raised her head up and stared at the pink pony and spoke, “Excuse me… pink pony; are you one of the Elements of Harmony?”

“Huh?” said Pinkie confusingly, wondering why she asked that kind of question, “Well… yes, yes I am. Four of my best friends and I all represent the Elements of Harmony! I personally represent the Element of Laughter! I love to smile and laugh and use my upbeat personality to cheer up other ponies and make them feel happy; doesn’t that sound great to you?!”

Pinkie was expecting a cheerful response from the filly, but instead she heard her said in a low, trembling tone, “No… I hate laughing.”

“Wait, come again?” asked Pinkie

“I said I hate laughing,” the filly repeated, “I despise it and it makes me sick… since I’ve never felt happiness at all.”

This suddenly caught Pinkie’s attention; how could a filly like this never experience any happiness? “What, that’s crazy; everypony experiences happiness in their life sometimes. Even you must have at some point.”

“Then you don’t understand me at all;” said the little filly solemnly, “My world is nothing but an endless black void with no thoughts or vision of a laugh, a smile, or any senses of happiness at all. My heart feels so dark and alone.”

“Wow, you really sound like you had no happy life at all,” said Pinkie sadly, “That’s just sad.”

“It really dosen’t matter to me now anymore. The only happy moment of my life that I can almost recall is the day I was born… but I wouldn’t exactly call that a happy moment.”

“By the way,” Pinkie said curiously, “you’re kinda reminding me of somepony that I have heard of before, but I can’t quite put my hoof on it.”

Unknown to Pinkie, the little filly knew exactly what she was talking about; and as her back was turned, the little filly felt something inside her reacting from this pink pony’s happy aura. It was no doubt that this pony was the Element of Laughter and her quest had finally come to an end. It was finally time for her to make her move.

“Tell me…” said the little filly in a softly manner, “have you ever experienced deep sadness and sorrow; have you ever experience the true essence of fear?”

Pinkie heard her and thought to herself for a few seconds, and then came up with an answer, “Hmm… I’m pretty sure I have, I think I experienced some just recently in a scary dream I had. However, I do my best to not think about things like that all the time because it would make me sad and totally depressed… and we can’t have that.”

Pinkie suddenly heard a little muffled chuckle coming from the young filly. She turned around and saw a little menacing grin in her expression, and the way she was looking at her made her feel a little uncomfortable.

“Heh heh, well… we’re just going to have to change that… aren’t we?”

-----

“Dang it,” shouted Rainbow Dash as she, Twilight and Applejack were on the outside of Ponyville pursuing the musky crow, “that’s one freakishly freak of a bird; it keeps taunting us!”

“Have ya girls noticed somethin’ else,” said Applejack, “this crow isn’t even tryin’ to fight back, it just keeps dodgin’ us!”

The three ponies stopped to take breather from running so much; but it was okay, since the crow flew back down on the ground and was waiting for them to give chase again.

“What is that bird trying to prove running away from us?!” said Rainbow Dash feeling peeved, “We’re going to catch you one way or another, and then we’ll make you talk… to Fluttershy anyway.”

A thought suddenly came across Twilight’s mind, “Wait a minute girls, I think there’s a reason for all of this. If my hypothesis is correct, this crow may not be our main target.”

“Are you kidding Twilight,” Rainbow protested, “it attacked Pinkie, and it tried to claw out her eyes; how can it not be what we’re looking for?!”

“Ah‘m afraid that Ah have to agree with Rainbow on this one, Twi,” said Applejack, “How can ya be sure of yer hypothesis?”

“Because this all seemed too easy; it started fly off away from Pinkie right after I easily repelled it away. And ever since we started to chase it, it never tried to attack any of us; it just got us further and further away from Sugar Cube Corner! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that this crow is just being...”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

“... a distraction!”

The three ponies suddenly a huge scream in the distance inside Ponyville, and it sounded a lot like their pink friend, Pinkie Pie.

“We were tricked that easily...” said Applejack frustrated, “and by a bird?!”

“Damnit, we're such idiots!!!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

The crow cawed at them in the form of taunting, and then flew off back towards Ponyville.

“Shut up,” Rainbow shouted at the fleeing bird, “we didn't ask for your opinion!”

Twilight knew that didn’t have much time now. Whatever was after Pinkie probably went after her when the bird lured them away, but she wasn’t going to give up yet.

“Come on, we gotta move... Pinkie is in danger!”

-----

A few seconds after hearing the scream of Pinkie from outside, Rarity and Fluttershy panicked as they both quickly rushed inside to see what happened; and they were in for a big surprise.

“Pinkie,” Rarity shouted, “we heard a scream and...”

Once they got inside, the first scene they witnessed Pinkie being held up in the air by some kind of dark aura, and below her staring up at her with a menacing glare was the little dark purple filly that Fluttershy and Rarity saw walk in earlier; they were in complete shock!

“Pinkie!!!” shouted Rarity.
“Oh my goodness!” said Fluttershy being frighten out of her mind.
In the midst of being in danger, Pinkie saw her two friends come to help her out; but she looked scared for their life, “Fl-Fluttershy... R-Rarity!”

“It’s that little filly who came in here?” said Rarity, “How on earth is she doing that, she’s not even a unicorn!”

Fluttershy took a couple cautious steps towards the filly and pleaded, “What are you doing, little filly; you're hurting our friend! S-s-stop right now, you're doing a very bad thing!”

Suddenly, both mares jumped back in slight fear as the filly slowly turned her head around and an intensified glare at them, “Who cares what you cheery peasants think.”

“P-p-p-p… peasants?” Fluttershy stuttered.

“That was very rude, young lady!” Rarity shouted in anger, “Somepony needs to teach you a lesson.”

“Girls, watch out,” shouted Pinkie, “it’s... its Gloom!”

At that moment, Fluttershy and Rarity were trying to recall of what their friend just said to them. Then looking at the filly now and how it was staring at them and holding up Pinkie against her will, it was clear to them that she was right.

“Gl… Gl-Gloom?!” they both shouted.

“Th-this little filly is... Gloom;” said Rarity, “and she's real?!”

Seeing the slight fear on their faces, the little filly made a little cynical smile as she fully turned to face them, “I guess the cat is out of the bag. However, this isn't my true form, this is.”

A cloud of dark energy suddenly engulfed her body and the mares held their ground to not be swept away by the powerful wind. Once it stopped, standing before them now was no longer the somewhat cute filly they saw just a second ago but a tall dark, purple earth mare with a wavy black mane with her strange, ominous magic holding on to their pink friend.

“Oh... oh my,” said Flutershy staring into the dark mare’s evil eyes.

A tiny chuckle was heard from Gloom’s throat as she stared intensely at the two ponies, “What's wrong, not dawing and cooing over me anymore are you, now that you see me for what I really look like?”

“W-well... it doesn't exactly help that you're purposely hurting our friend,” said Fluttershy softly with her head down.

“And aside from that,” said Rarity, “a pony that can spread fear into other pony's hearts is standing right before us!”

“Good of you two to know who I am;” Gloom replied, “and since you do you must be aware that you're completely powerless to raise a hoof against me.”
While being suspended in the air, Pinkie noticed the Cake twins standing in the doorway seeing what was taking place and they both started to cry relentlessly. Pinkie was worried about them and didn’t want them to be so upset.
“Please, just release me and go away;” she pleaded, “you're upsetting the twins!”

Gloom tilted her head and leered at the Cake twins. With that, Pumpkin and Pound suddenly silenced their yelling, but tears were still pouring from their eyes and their bodies were shaking from Gloom’s dark stare.

“Let them wail,” Gloom lightly chuckled, “their cries of aura of fear just gives me more strength.” Her stare then returned to the pink pony that she had in her grasp, “By the way, why don't you take a quick nap for now.”

Pinkie suddenly felt a huge power surge radiating over her whole body that caused her to yell out in pain; and in minutes she was completely unconscious. Gloom laid her limp body on her back as she felt satisfaction, “There you go; rest easy now... you won't be for long.”

As she started to make her way out of the building along with Pinkie, Gloom suddenly found herself being blocked off from the entrance by Rarity and Fluttershy. The sight of them trying to block her off was a bit amusing to Gloom, but she didn’t smile.
“Are you two going to continue to stand in my way even though it’s completely hopeless?”
“Um... maybe?” said Fluttershy shaking behind Rarity

Rarity’s courage suddenly overcame her fears as she got into an offensive position was willing to do anything to save her friend, “If you think we’re going to just sit back and let you take our friend Pinkie, then you can just forget it! I may be a lady, but I’m not afraid to get my hooves dirty every now and then.”

Rarity surprisingly gather enough energy in her horn and fired it at Gloom in hopes it would cause her to lose her hold on Pinkie long enough to grab her and try to escape. It did make a huge impact against her and caused her grunt a bit, but her body didn’t budge and was completely unscathed.

“Well… that didn’t work,” Rarity said hesitantly, “I guess my magic isn’t strong enough.”

Gloom’s eyes suddenly turned crimson red as she was glaring intensely at the two mares, “You dare attack me; a grave mistake.”

Suddenly, Rarity and Fluttershy felt their bodies freeze up as an un-seeable powerful aura swept over them. Their hearts were beating fast and they were slowly losing their will to fight.

“Wh-what’s going on?” said Rarity, “I… I-I c-c-can’t move.”

“I’m t-too s-sc-sc-cared to move,” said Fluttershy feeling overly frighten.

As the dark power was taking over their minds, they both fell to the ground unable to do anything to stop Gloom.

“Those who choose to underestimate my dark power will suffer a fate so great; know your place.”

Gloom used her power to explode the door into pieces and literally scared some curious bystanders that overheard the commotion that was from inside the building. As Gloom walked out, the residents all suddenly backed away feeling scared for their lives; but it didn’t make anything better seeing Pinkie on her back unconscious.

“That’s right,” she said with an evil gleam, “cower in fear of my presence; it’s all you simpering weaklings are good for.”

“That’s as far as you go!” said a sudden nearby voice.

Gloom’s crow companion soon came back and landed back on Gloom’s shoulder; and she was glad to see her back. But when she turned around, what little speck of happiness she might’ve had disappeared as she saw the other three friends of Pinkie standing in her path; Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle.

“Do you all mind saving us the trouble and remove your bodies from my path;” she said solemnly, “I have a destiny to fulfill.”

“You mean to enshroud fear and sorrow all over Equestria,” shouted, Rainbow, “I don’t think so!”

Twilight saw Pinkie out like a light on Gloom’s back, and she became a bit furious of what’s happened, “Very amusing having you’re your little crow friend taking us on a little wild goose chase, but enough is enough! Drop our friend right now or powerful or not, we’re going to do something about it!”

Gloom seemed to be unaffected by Twilight’s words and showed no hint of consideration, “Is this a joke, because I’m not laughing.”

“As if you ever could, Miss Gloom ‘n’ Doom!” shouted Rainbow again.

“It really doesn’t matter how much of a tragic past ya had;” Applejack stated, “we know what you’re up to and we’re not goin’ to allow that to happen!”

“As I clearly expected, the owners of the so-called ‘Elements of Harmony’ are trying to be such brave heroes in rescuing their friend and defeating me… how pathetic.”

Rainbow Dash got easily angered by Gloom’s and shouted, “How’s this for pathetic!?”

As she raced up high into the sky, Twilight tried to call out to her, “Wait, Rainbow!” Unfortunately, she didn’t hear her.

“Let… her… gooooo!”

Once she was high enough, she raced backed down towards Gloom and went so fast that she caused a sonic rainboom to ignite causing her to ricochet even faster towards the dark mare. Everyone backed away as Rainbow made impact on Gloom and a huge dust cloud came up and covered the surroundings with strong winds.

Rainbow thought that her action was a little risky but did the trick; however when the dust settled she found her suspended in the air right above Gloom, and it turned out that she didn’t even touch her. Her action was completely wasted.

“So that was your famous sonic rainboom;” Gloom spouted, “pretty pointless if you ask me.”

Gloom then raised her hoof and threw Rainbow straight into a wall of a building and her body fell down inside.

“She stopped her rainboom,” said Applejack feeling slightly scared, “that’s just plum crazy!”

Rainbow climbed herself out from the damaged building and held onto her head feeling the slight pain while some blood was leaking from her nose, “Holy crap that hurt.”

“It was futile to think that such a weak effort was going to faze me,” said Gloom as she witnessed the fear that she instilled in all of the surrounding ponies, “as of anything else you might be planning as well.”

“Weak; we ain’t weak, sister!” Rainbow managed to say.

A small smirk appeared underneath Gloom’s expression as she gained the attention of twilight and her friends to Sugar Cube Corner, “Your other two friends tried to stop me as well, but I’m afraid that they’re now both… scared stiff.”

They saw what she was talking about; Rarity and Fluttershy on the ground and their bodies shaking, and their minds were filled with induced fear that was freaking them out constantly.

“Fluttershy, Rarity!” Twilight cried out to her friends as they made their way to them.

“What the hay did ya do to them?!” shouted Applejack while glaring at Gloom.

“They’re just in a paralyzing state of fear, just a small taste of what’s to come upon this unfair world.”

“S-s-so much p-p-power,” Rarity softly whimpered.

Fluttershy was easily manipulated and was freaking out the most, “N-no, please don’t hurt us; have mercy!”

“Girls, get a hold of yourselves!” shouted Twilight.

Rainbow turned around and noticed that Gloom was no longer paying attention to them and was making her way out from their presence, “Hey, where do you think you’re going?!”

Gloom stopped and without turning back to them, she responded, “The 5 of you can try to follow me if that is your wish, but do know that it is futile to try and stop me. All of this newfound happiness in this world mean nothing to me; fear and sorrow is what I am, and thanks to this pony friend of yours, so will all of Equestria. I’ve been waiting for this moment my whole existence, and all of you are lucky enough to be the first ones to witness this glorious achievement! All shall learn to dwell in sorrow… and the whole shall bow down to me.”

Just then from the corner of her eye, Gloom noticed a certain filly that was standing amongst the crowd. It was that filly that she encountered the other day; the one named Dinky Hooves. She was still wearing the necklace that made Gloom a little uncomfortable. Dinky was looking at her with slightly frighten eyes and she was looking at her feeling a tiny sense of unsettledness. But then she just narrowed her eyes at her and turned away, and then disappeared out of sight.

“Pinkie; dang it, she’s gone!” Rainbow cried out.

Dinky couldn’t believe what she just witnessed, what she feared of what might’ve happened did happen, “Holy Celestia, I was right; that was really her! She’s really real… and she took Pinkie!”

Just then, the words that Gloom said to her the other day was now becoming to make sense.

‘I have come here only to complete my destiny; something that a peppy little foal like you would never understand.’

‘A little piece of advice, little filly; if I were you I wouldn’t stick around here for too long. However, you may stay here if you like; it would all be for the better.’

And what she heard Gloom say to Twilight and the others more than proved her theory.

‘All of this newfound happiness in this world mean nothing to me; fear and sorrow is what I am, and thanks to this pony friend of yours, so will all of Equestria. All shall learn to dwell in sorrow… and the whole world shall bow down to me.’

“So that’s what she meant by all of that;” Dinky thought to herself, “Man, I hate when my gut is right!”

Dinky wasn’t as scared as she might’ve been thanks to the necklace that she was still wearing, but she knew that this was no laughing matter. She ran off knowing who she needed to talk to about this event.

“I have to hurry to Miss Stone; she needs to hear about this!”