• Published 14th May 2013
  • 774 Views, 6 Comments

What It's Like on the Other Side - Dimitri_Domovoi



What will happen when three comrades are plunged into a chain of events sending them to Equestria?

  • ...
7
 6
 774

The Other Side; Part 2

Three days later

Echo was holding the last piece to my new mythril arm. I had Replaced all the metal parts to my eye as well. "Alright Echo, hold the piece on so I can attach it."

"Ayte." He pressed the part on clicking it into place. Grabbing the drill-like tool I'd been using, I bolted the part to.

"Lets go pay Twi a visit."

"Why, it's finished, tha-"

THUNK

THUNK

THUNK

The knocking on the hatch made Echo jump "Who is it?" I said in a sing song voice.

"It's Twilight, Luna teleported me here."

"She heard you, and got Twi so you couldn't leave and cause a panic." The voice of Fluttershy came through.

"Come in, but teleport to the floor, no stairs."

Just as I finished she appeared in a flash of purple light "What did you need me for? I was kinda in the middle of re-sorting the library."

"That was today?!? Damn, how did I forget that?"

"Less Important things aside."

"Hay, that was important." Echo pouted.

"Shut the hell up, Twilight can you make it to where I can feel what I would If I hadn't lost my arm?"

"Maybe, but it might only go half way, I still haven't-"

"Can you at least make it register good sensations?"

"Yes." She looked around taking careful notice of all the new tech, and machinery.

"Please, and thank you."

She began to prep for the massive magic assertion she was about to preform breathing slow, beep breaths, her horn started to glow bright purple. As my arm began to glow I noticed she was using everything she had to enchant the magically porous metal.

"Luna, could you come help Twi?" Echo called before I could, making her appear in a flash of bright blue. Powering her horn she shot a steady stream of magic into the bright purple unicorn, ending her struggling. A determined, focused look was plastered on Twilight's face.

I noticed my arm had stopped glowing, but it was now on fire, but not burning

"What did thou do to the mythril?"

"I used my breath to cook it, making it stronger. About 50% stronger, to be precise. I stated smiling. Luna was not amused."Look I already know my fire is not normal, so I used it to mold and strengthen the mythril, also I've been testing on it and watch this." I blew a small, steady stream of fire over my arm, putting the fire out. "You see, I had Twi magically attach it to me, so I could turn it on at will, and my fire cancels it out."

She just stared at me for ages then finally she spoke "I thought your world didn't have magic."

Standing I looked her in the eyes "We don't, but being one of the best scientist's my world had to offer, I had to know the properties of every known element, as well as every unknown element, in case I accidentally synthesized it."

She just nodded and disappeared in a flash of light blue, taking Echo and Twilight with her. I called for Fluttershy, and she floated down through the hatch "Um.. you called?"

"Yup."

"And..."

"Leave Luna a note, telling her we went for a walk and we'll be a while."

"O-ok... why?"

"I'm asking you out on a date."

Her cheeks went red instantly "Um...ok...where do you wanna go?"

"Wherever you want to go, it seems as though you don't get to enjoy yourself, what with all the little critters you take care of... So, It's your choice completely." At this, her face lit up, with a big smile. I returned the smile as best as I could with my new draconic form.

"How about Sugar cube corner?"

"Like I said, your choice completely. I can only be happy, if you are."

"YAY!" she squealed, then I picked her up and unfurled my new wings, flying up, into the main room. Putting her down, I flipped the hatch closed and put the rug back over it. "Why do you cover it back up?"She asked smiling at me.

"It makes the room look less cozy." I replied simply. She nodded and wrote the note, leaving it on the table Luna had commandeered for placing her head and sleeping.


We arrived at Sugar Cube Corner, talking and laughing "Well here we are." she said, before she could get to the door I held it open for her, making her blush.

We had only gotten half way to the counter before I felt a thud on my chest, looking at the ceiling I noticed two crimson hooves above my chest, not in a comforting way. Before they could come down, I rolled out and grabbed the attacker by the throat, slamming and pinning him to the ground. "Git off mah brother!"another thud, this time against my head, Standing to full height I lifted both pones off the ground by the throat.

"Listen to me for a damn second!" the reptilian tone was coming in "I'm not a hostile, ironic, considering our current stance. I was hired by Princess Luna, to provide personal protection to this town. Ok, I'm going to put you down now, so don't do anything stup-" I was interrupted by a sharp pain in my groin, making my fall to the ground.

"I don't take kindly to dishonesty." The crimson one stated while standing up.

"He's not lying." Fluttershy said as she trotted up to, then helping me up.

"Flutters, how in tarnation would you know that?" Asked the second attacker.

"I-I'm st-staying with h-her."

"Why are you acting like I kicked you in th-... Dear Celestia, ah'm so sorry, ah had no Idea-"

"No, p-problem, it just hurts like hell." I half walked to a booth seaming to recover fully several seconds later "Dimitri, nice to meet your aquatints, and you are?"

Looking at me as though I was the grim reaper the crimson one answered "Ah'm Big Macintosh, but everypony just call's me Big Mac. And this is my sister, Applejack. We own, and run the apple orchard at Sweet Apple Acres."

Smiling I asked "Do you require any assistance?"

"Wait, What?!?"

"Well I technically don't have a job until the paperwork is finished, and I'd rather I do hard work, instead of just sitting around, wasting time."

"Well we actually don-" Applejack started.

"We'd appreciate the help." Big Mac Interrupted "'Sides you look strong."

"You have now idea." Fluttershy stated loud enough for me to hear, and know one else.