• Published 14th May 2013
  • 774 Views, 6 Comments

What It's Like on the Other Side - Dimitri_Domovoi



What will happen when three comrades are plunged into a chain of events sending them to Equestria?

  • ...
7
 6
 774

The War; Part 4

Two days later

Half-way point between the mission target, and mission start

I slowly return to the world of the waking, I then hear a sound that sounded like an `eep!`, I then suddenly remember what happened last. Did I save them? I don't Know. Am I dead? No, if I was I wouldn't be able to feel everything but my lower arm, But where-

"Are you alright? Can you hear me? Dimitri?"

"I thought I told you to let him rest!" a second voice chimed in.

'I know that voice, it is Echo, but who is he arguing with?'

I opened my eyelids then slammed them back shut, noticing I only saw blinding light through one eye. I eased my eyes open slowly this time noting, it was indeed Echo, but Twilight was standing over me as well. I also noticed that all I could see through my right eye was black, aside from a small white blinking underscore in the top left corner, then Echo turned to something and the sound of typing started, just as program scripting started st scroll down my view faster than i could read it,

'What the hell is happening?'

My thoughts were answered with the words, Program Initiated... Pleas stand by..., Then my vision was flooded with light, which was quickly filtered, allowing me to see perfectly. "O.K. what the Fuck is going on?!?" I burst out, quickly standing and quickly snapping my right arm strait (to stabilize myself), smashing the hand through the wall next to me. Pulling I noticed that my right arm had been replaced as well. "What the fuck happened to my arm?!" I asked yanking it and only gaining an inch for my efforts.

"You were missing a rather large chunk of your arm and the nanobots couldn't repair it, so I took one of your replacements and lopped the dead sections off, Sections being your entire arm, and replaced it, and the same goes for your eye." Echo explained without turning to face me. "So tell me, do I need to adjust your eye, and do you want me to program more functions?"

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"Oh, yea. Sorry, I never told you I could wright a program, let alone design a program for every possible function of that replacement, it is a very good thing you like to be prepared."

"O.K. so what the hell can you program it to do?"

"First you do what you were going to do before you noticed those bastards sneaking up to the bunker."

I looked at twilight then back at Echo "Leave the room. Twilight can you stay a minute?" I said. Echo turned and left the room closing the door, leaving Twilight and I alone. "O.K. listen, back when I explained PK, Echo, and I... well... I did not mean to get so angry and talk to you the way I did, and I am truly sorry for injuring your feelings I shouldn't have exploded like that." I then sagged my free arm and hung my head "I'd understand if you were afraid of me, or didn't want my help anymore but-" I was interrupted by something wrapping around my mid section. I slightly looked up to see Twilight hugging me with a look of relief in her face.

"I was actually trying to figure out how to apologize to you when you left, and was scared I would never be able to apologize to you when you appeared in between Flutters and those soldiers... By the way, you might want to go and see her when you get your hand free." she said, making me feel relived and Great full at the same time.


A few hours later I had finished the Tests that I had designed to make sure that the prosthetic did not reject any impulses from the brain, and moved as fluently as the original. I walked out of the testing room (or rather the room we had been testing in) and saw Fluttershy instantly hide her face behind her mane when she saw my arm, a now better fitting one than the temporary that Echo had attached to me. "Don't worry, or blame yourself. I should be the one to blame for not seeing those bastards sooner."


"But if I hadn't looked so afraid they woul-"

For whatever reason I snapped "Would've What?! Gone after the other two?! No matter what happened, unless I hadn't seen them sooner, I would've still been on the receiving end!" I then noticed her eyes, they were red and her face was tear stained and I wasn't helping that and quietly added "Besides, I would never let you put blame on yourself for my ignorance. Too many friends, and comrades alike, have been lost to my being Ignorant." I telleported to her and picked her up in a big 'bear' hug "My only hope is that you forgive me for your having to watch that."

Obviously taken aback by the sudden movement "Oh... um... w-why wouldn't I f-forgive you?" she slowly and timidly said. I put her back down quickly but gently and teleported away.


I suddenly appear in the next room in front of what i thought was an empty room with a single chest (holding all my equipment) but saw something totally different. What it was, was obvious to me. It was PK, un-moving and coated in blood, with a crying Pinkie Pie leaning on him.