• Published 14th May 2013
  • 774 Views, 6 Comments

What It's Like on the Other Side - Dimitri_Domovoi



What will happen when three comrades are plunged into a chain of events sending them to Equestria?

  • ...
7
 6
 774

The Other Side; Part 6

Luna transported Echo, and RED, in case I went berserk. Another pain filled roar, fourth one in two hours, pierced the silence. The rug was sent flying as the hatch opened violently, a duplicate of me hovered up from the underground room; alabaster primary scale color, ruby underbelly, and emerald eyes (he was not missing the arm and eye. "Hello, I am Anitchka. The ex-embodiment of Dimitri's rage."

"Um... Hello... Anitchka... I'm Fluttershy... And this is Princess Luna... She's living here until the war is over." She hid behind her mane, he landed, then started walking towards Flutters, and Luna. I appeared in between them.

"Touch them and I will kill you, without hesitation." He stopped, then moved around me, kneeling, he lifted Luna's left forehoof, and kissed it. "That was unexpected, anyway, I'd like to run a few tests, and insure that this new body will be able to keep up." I teleported back into the basement.

"I wish to know more of you, Ms. Luna." She blushed deeply "I believe you are trustable." Her blush faded, then he went into the basement.

Two weeks later

Fluttershy was in the kitchen, Luna in the living room with Anitchka, and I was in the basement with Echo. "Dimitri, could you come here a moment?" She called; I taught her to be assertive, and to project her voice, without being harsh, or rude. I teleported into the doorway, to see her struggling with over a dozen bowls of critter chow, I folded my wings together to make a shelf on my back, and turned so she could load them up.

"Where do you need these?"

"Follow me, and thank you Dimitri."

"No problem, it's a pleasure to help you, in any way I can." She led me into a clearing a little distance into the Everfree "So how many times have you made this trip?"

"Too many times to count, and now that your here, my friends don't have to be so worried about me." She started to unload the food, some critters coming into the clearing, but not near me.

"They don't seem to keen on coming near me, is it because I look like a carnivorous predator?" She unloaded the last bowl, smiled at me, then sat down. I found myself doing the same, sitting next to her.

"They just prefer that you not stand, it makes them nervous."

"Oh, like an intimidation factor, that makes perfect sense." She giggled. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, you just analyze everything like its combat." She giggled again.

"Old habits don't break easily." She leaned against me. I looked at her, she hid behind her mane, but didn't move otherwise. "You're not invisible, that's Echo's job."

What little of her face I could see, started to get red.

-crack

I looked in the direction of the sound "Very funny Echo, come out here." She sat up when no one came out.

-CRACK

She looked at me worriedly when all the critters fled. "I don't like this." There was a growling sound, then PK covered in a pack of timberwolves crashed out of the brush. One saw, then attacked Flutters. I went full rage mode. Grabbing the creature, and standing, I flung it through the air, grabbed a bleeding Fluttershy, and disappeared, reappearing ten feet above where i disappeared, with a sonic boom, towards the Ponyville E.R.


PK was asleep, but didn't look the part, he was sitting with his legs crossed, eyes closed, and arms at a meditating position. Little did he know he was about to be victim of a rather entertaining day. Which started with a certain pink pony, sleepwalking into the room, and laying in his lap and staying in that spot. He opened his eyes, looking down he smiled, then pet her mane. She smiled, then started to yawn, eventually waking up. "Morning, my little sleepwalker." Only kindness in his voice, making her blush.

"Guess I couldn't sleep, knowing you we're just sitting down here, by yourself." She leaned up against him.

"You do realize, I'm gonna be gone all day, right?" She cocked her head as if trying to remember "I'm going into the Everfree to clear out some of the timberwolves that have migrated too close to Ponyville, remember?" Kindness still the only tone present.


The giant was now standing at the edge of the Everfree "I've got a bad feeling about today." He walked into the brush and wandered around until he found the right tracks. *why are all these tracks heading towards Fluttershy's home?*

He followed the tracks until he could see a clearing,in the center of the clearing was Dimitri and Fluttershy setting down some critter chow. Then he heard a twig snap behind him.

"Very funny Echo, come out here." He stayed in his place, turning to face the sound, stepping on a branch making another sound. When he was facing the sound he saw a lot of eyes starring at him, then they started growling at him. What happened next took the place of only seconds; a full pack of timberwolves jumped onto him, knocking him backwards through the brush.

He started to get them off without hurting them too much, then there was an explosion of sound above him, making the timberwolves jump off and take a defensive stance a couple feet from him. He stared into their eyes, waiting for them to make a move. Then he noticed a red puddle where Fluttershy was just sitting, in the spot sat several damaged feathers, the sight of this enraged the until now holding back PK.

He looked around at all the creatures starring at him, he noticed that one had a destroyed feather stuck to its snout. He went to tighten a bolt on his arm, said timberwolf pouncing at him, reacting defensively, he swung his arm back, batting the creature across the clearing, hitting the tree with a loud crunch, the unlucky beast instantly went limp.

All timberwolves then jumped at him, in reaction he began to fight back, forgetting his terms of going 'easy so as not to kill them' he went into full berserker mode, ending any attack on him.

He finshed the last one by slamming it into the ground several times, when it agent limp he threw it aside, sprinting towards the small cottage. Slamming through the door, he made everyone jump. "Luna, take Anitchka and gather the girls, meet me at Ponyville E.R."

"Why? What about Echo?"

"He's coming with me, we're getting RED, and Applejack."

The allicorn disappeared along with the alabaster half-dragon in a blue light. The giant sprinted out, Echo trailing behind him. They made their way through the town, past the last home and onto a dirt path.

"PK, what happened? Why are you so pissed?" The giant didn't reply, he just jumped over the wood fence, into the orchards forty feet early, sprinting in the direction of the center of the orchards, instead of the farmhouse. They eventually found Applejack and RED, harvesting the apples.

"Hay Echo, PK, what's up?"

"Applejack, Fluttershy has been injured, follow o me." The giant grabbed red and threw him over his shoulder, turned and sprinted towards town, trailed by a worried Applejack, and confused Echo.