• Published 14th May 2013
  • 774 Views, 6 Comments

What It's Like on the Other Side - Dimitri_Domovoi



What will happen when three comrades are plunged into a chain of events sending them to Equestria?

  • ...
7
 6
 774

The War; Part 1

Location: a mostly deserted island off the coast of Japan

Year: 2035

"This is Echo; I repeat this is Echo with Spetsnaz Specters we are heavily outnumbered, break. No more reinforcements to our assistance. Air raid sirens are going off half a click to the East, break. Can anyone read me, over? Copy my last, send traffic!" yelled the particularly irritated commando as their last working radio received a bullet and started billowing smoke. He looked over his only cover and started firing his lucky AK47 into the Hoards of opposing soldiers. "Dammit!" he yelled as he looked over at me. "Dimitri, the radio was hit! Get PK over-" he was interrupted by said titan crashing backwards through a nearby wall.

As I looked at the titan he was in the midst of standing back up when he suddenly looked up and caught something out of the air and said "Damn tanks."

I then noticed it was a pellet fired by a Type 90 Kyū-maru I looked over at Echo and asked "Why are they using those antiques?" I thought hard about how I could take it out as quickly as possible.

Without warning I yanked two grenades off Echo's belt and went into a full sprint towards the mechanical behemoth, both comrades following close behind. When I got within distance PK moved ahead of me seaming to know what I was thinking and began to lift the front of the tank so the treads were no longer one with the ground (yes he's that big).when this was finished, Echo got between us and crouched facing me while lacing his hands to provide a jumping boost as I pulled the pins out of the grenades. I stepped into his hands and ran up PK's back getting high enough to get the small objects down the tank's barrel with enough time for PK to grab me by the ankles and pull me to earth and take cover behind the behemoth as the blast went off. The now useless tank ballooned and broke in two as the top half landed over us protecting us from the remainder of the metal carcass.

There was only darkness when all the noise stopped. We sat there in the dark until there was a flash of light that lasted but only a second then was gone, replaced with a grunt and then the sound of three bodies hitting ground. "I got this." Said Echo's voice as a green dot appeared in the middle of his forehead "What the hell?" there was silence.

"What is it?" I asked as I then heard the sound of six entities breathing, already knowing three of them were obviously PK, Echo, and I.

"Its three ponies." He paused. "Again, what the hell?" I heard him move and then there was silence once again."They are alive, but I don't think they are from here."

"Well obviously they are not from he-" I started but was cut off by Echo.

"Not like that, I mean they are not from earth." He said pausing waiting for my denial but I had none. "One has wings and one has a horn."

It was PK's turn in an almost unnaturally deep voice he spoke up "We can’t just leave them here to get slaughtered." There was a painfully quiet pause. "I'll lift the dome and once I do you two take them back to our bunker . . . or what is left of it. Alright?" There was a small rustling noise as I lifted two of them on my back (much like a hunter would to a deer) I felt two manes; one was unnervingly curly, the other smooth as silk.

I turned to the direction that my earlier footsteps had originated from and said "I'm ready when you and Echo are." There was another rustling sound as Echo removed his night-vision goggles and picked the third pony off the ground did the same as me undoubtedly in a slightly different form so he could still shoot.

"Affirmative,” Commented Echo. "Ready." he said as his voice got a little bit louder. "LET'S MOVE OUT!" Yelled Echo as PK stood lifting and tossing the dome whilst making sure not to hit any of the moving entities. Meanwhile Echo and I went into a full Sprint towards our latest cover, seconds later we were jumping over the wall and into a five-foot-fall strait down. “Dimitri, status check." he said wile placing his passenger onto the ground and searching for wounds.

"One sec." I said as I did the same noticing the colors of each of them; pink, yellow, and the one in front of Echo was bright purple with a mane of Perry-winkle blue with a strip of dark purple and another of pink. Noticing the yellow one had a long and strait mane of pink while the other had a mane that looked like big cotton candy. I knew something was unnervingly familiar about them but just couldn't put my finger on it. "They got through unscathed, but now that they're alive and safe with us what do we do?" I looked Echo in the eyes and continued "They'd be a hindrance to our mission unless they understood our langua-" I was stopped by the one thing nobody would have ever saw coming.

"Uh, we understand you well enough, but where are we, and what do you mean by mission?" The purple one asked as she stood. Midway through the question Echo had dropped his `lucky` AK47 and his jaw had almost instantly hit the floor. When I heard her voice everything became very clear to me and I had remembered something I hadn't even thought about in well over fifteen years; My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, then I remembered the names of the three creatures in front of Echo and I, but I had to make sure.

"Do you have names, and if so what are they?" I asked slowly so as not to look to eager.

"At least you didn't drop your belongings at the sound of my voice, yes we have names; I am Twilight Sparkle, the yellow one is Fluttershy, and the pink one is Pinkie Pie." Echo picked his gun off the ground when he heard the drop your belongings comment and closed his mouth.

"O.K. So they can talk, but how are we going to get them out in one piece?" Echo asked as he shuffled uncomfortably.

"I have no idea, but we have to figure something out." I said sitting on the makeshift table that the dead radio was residing on.

"Great! Just great! First the Jappies are using antiques, and now I have a bunch of useless-in-the-field ponies! GREAT!" Yelled Echo as he jumped the wall that separated us from the opposing soldiers, the sound of him yelling gibberish than reliving his anger on some unfortunate Japs started to get farther away.

"What is his problem? And why is he so angry, and violent?" Twilight asked as she sat and half pouted at me. Both of us jumped as PK showed up out of nowhere and immediately started speaking.

"He does not mean to scare you, he is just extremely concerned about your well-being." He paused as he sat cross-legged next to her, making her flinch a little.

"NO! DASHIE, THOSE ARE MY POTATOES!" Yelled the pink one in her sleep, making everyone jump and waking Fluttershy, who squeaked when she noticed everyone around her.