• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 5,116 Views, 85 Comments

To Disappear - ImpossibleReflection



Scootaloo is deep in depression and wondering what were to happen if she would just disappear

  • ...
6
 85
 5,116

Epilogue

After Dash brought Scootaloo back, the whole town stopped searching and Rainbow had made her way over to the orphanage to adopt the orange filly.

"Alright Rainbow Dash, you are now the legal guardian of Scootaloo. Congratulations! Scootaloo, you look as happy as I had always imagined you to be when this day was to come. This warms my heart, I hope you will both be very happy."

"Come on Scoots, let's get you home."

Scootaloo loved the sound of that, I have a home now, not just a house, a home. I am finally going home.

Dash squatted down exposing her back to Scootaloo, "Okay Scoots, hop on, and hold tight."

Scootaloo quickly obliged, hopping on to Dash's back and placing her forelegs around her neck. "Goodbye Kind heart!" Scootaloo waived to the orphanage's caretaker as Dash walked out the door with Scootaloo on her back.

"Okay, you ready?" Dash asked taking position to fly off.

"Yes!"

"Okay, hang on tight, here we go!" With that Rainbow Dash took off flying towards her cloud mansion.

Scootaloo could not be happier. Her idol was flying her to her house, to her home.

It wasn't long, with the speed Rainbow Dash tended to fly at, before they made it to Rainbow Dash's cloud home. Rainbow landed on the front porch and let Scootaloo off of her back. Rainbow walked over to the front door opening it, "Welcome home Scoots."









Scootaloo entered the large cloud house, looking around with wonder in her eyes. Rainbow looked at the awestruck filly as she wandered about the room, I guess I will have to give her the guest room, Rainbow figured, "Hey scoots, how about I show you your new room?"

"Yes!" Scootaloo said, so many thoughts going through her head she couldn't keep track of them all.

"Alright, follow me." Dash walked across the room and up a flight of stairs, checking behind her to make sure Scootaloo had followed. On the top of the stairs was a hallway of sorts. Dash walked to one of the doors, pushing it open, "Scoots this will be your room."

A purple and orange blur rushed passed Rainbow dash Straightening her mane. Rustling her mane back to the normal style she followed the ecstatic filly into her new bedroom.

As the filly was examining every molecule in her bedroom, a thought crossed Rainbow Dash's mind, "Hey scoots, I adopted you, does that make me your mother? Heart said that I was a 'guardian' but does that make me your mother, or will I be your big sister?"

Scootaloo thought about this, It would be awesome to have the Rainbow Dash as a mother, but she's already my sister,"You were already my big sister, why change it?"

"Just what I was thinking," if she turns out smarter than me her teenage years are going to be extremely difficult.

After it appeared that Scootaloo would not calm down or sit still in the near future, Dash decided on what to do about dinner, she wasn't much of a cook. She also didn't have much food in the pantry. That left one place, "Hey, wanna go to Sugar Cube Corner and get something to eat?"

"Yes!"

They walked down the stairs and outside onto the front porch, "Okay Scoots, hop on!"

"YAY!"

Scootaloo scrambled onto Rainbow Dash's back and as soon as Dash was sure that Scootaloo was securely resting on her back she took off heading towards her favorite confectionery.

In a few moments Dash landed in front of Sugar Cube Corner, and let Scootaloo off. She went ahead and opened the door walking in with Scootaloo.

"Surprise!"

Why didn't I see this coming?

The Sugar Cube Corner was decorated for a party, a banner hung from the rafters "Congrats Scoots+Dash on new fami"

"Hey Dashie, and Scootaloo! Do you like it? unfortunately I ran out of room on the banner."

Scootaloo latched on to Rainbow Dash in a hug, and once Pinkie had managed to pry her away, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle trotted up to Scootaloo.

"Hey girls!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

Sweetie Belle responded by slapping Scootaloo in the face, "Why didn't you tell us you were an orphan?"

Scootaloo lost her smile, "I didn't want you to think you were better than me."

"Why would we think that?" Sweetie still seemed hurt.

"Because you had a family and I didn't!" Scootaloo began to get angry.

"Now now, let's just enjoy the party and celebrate scoots' new family," Apple Bloom interjected stepping between the two other fillies.

"I'm sorry," Sweetie Belle said.

"So am I, I am sorry I didn't tell you, but I never told anyone."

Over on the other side of the room Applejack was talking to Rainbow Dash. "So ya adopted Scoots? Why though, why did you feel the need to adopt her?"

"I am the element of loyalty, and this entire time, the pony who looked up to me the most, had no one. Well other than the orphanage owner, but that isn't family. If anyone would appreciate family Applejack I expected it to be you." Rainbow Dash nudged Applejack playfully.

"I agree with ya there. It was a mighty good thing ya did adoptin' Scoots like that, but ya know, raisin' a crusader's like parentin' on hard?"

"No sweat, I'm sure I was just like her when I was a filly." Rainbow dash gained a contemplative look at that, "On that thought, I'm probably going to have to get some headache medicine."

"Ah'm sure you'll be fine," Applejack commented with a chuckle, "If ya get the extra strength stuff."

"I'll head to Zecora's next chance I get," Rainbow Dash said as Twilight walked up.

"Hello Rainbow Dash. Do you want to borrow any books on parenting? I have some at the library."

"You get me to start reading and now you want me to read constantly. Not everyone reads constantly, Twilight. I think I'll be fine. Though if I have any major issues I'll come to you to get that book."

Scootaloo had just finished retelling the vents that transpired when she was invisible, "Hey Scootaloo, what if you're talent is being invisible?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Sugar cube please, what would that cutiemark even look like?" Apple Bloom asked.

Scootaloo thought about that, "Well it would probably be invisible... OH NO, WHAT IF MY SPECIAL TALENT IS BEING INVISIBLE, AND MY CUTIEMARK IS INVISIBLE!!!"

The crusaders went on being themselves, and visible, for the rest of the party. Rainbow Dash had three other conversation like that, and a conversation with Pinkie. After the party was over everypony went home wondering what the next party will be for, and what time they should show up the next day.

"Okay squirt, we should probably get to bed."

Scootaloo groaned at this.

"But, tomorrow's a Saturday so we can hang out all day."

"YAY!"

"And since we live in a cloud house I figured I would finally teach you to fly." Rainbow Dash said with a proud smile.

Scootaloo's face fell at that comment and she hung her head, "Oh."

Author's Note:

I have that big empty space there because I wanted Dash's words to sink in before the story continued.

Comments ( 24 )

ok and please make that side story thing that you said you will and i would like to see a sequel for this story to be made and i like it :pinkiehappy:

Hmm it was good

Me like. :trixieshiftright:

Good job man. It was a good idea and a fascinating story. :pinkiehappy:

I would recommend getting an editor, if you want this to get bigger. It had a fair amount of mistakes, but not enough for me to overlook the story. Good job, I really enjoyed. :raritywink:

Good story. Would like to see a sequel.

Nice. Very Nice. :twilightsmile:



~ Super-Brony12

Amazing job on this, minimal mistakes and a very good plot! It was a bit quick paced in some areas but that's something hard to not do, so you did a really great job overall!

this one was really cool :D
Discord <3

Yay Dissy! We need a sequel.

Good story btw.

A really cute story! It felt like a normal episode meant for an older audience. Good feels all around! :scootangel::rainbowkiss::heart::heart:

Is she sad in the end cause she can't fly

3793318
List of ponies
When I checked, his name was Truffle shuffle, now they added a second name since then "Teachers pet" but Truffle Shuffle was his name first and is still shown in bold to denote that it is the official name.

4247496
What link and lol it's been awhile soooo uhhh what was my question and what's the link?

4247781
The whole post was a link. Green text means it's a link. The link is a blog post. >> link <<

Is she sad in the end cause she can't fly

was the question. However I now notice the distinct lack of a question mark.

4248881 This story is touching.:fluttershysad: Want to check out my story Ace Combat: Divided Feelings?

4251434
I played "Ace Combat Advance" a long time ago. Probably still have it somewhere, I have just about all of the gaming stuff I ever had.

4253529
Wrong Depression.

de·pres·sion
diˈpreSHən/
the act of lowering something or pressing something down.

i loved the story

I LOVE THIS ENDING :scootangel:

Of course it didn't go where I feared. No sad tag.

Nopony as awesome as me would make that mistake, nope. I just... forgot for a bit. Yeah, that's it!

Login or register to comment