• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 1,694 Views, 43 Comments

Purity Corruption - TheBlox



The tale of a young unicorn with a pure heart who's life turns upside down to pursue vengeance.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,694

Corrupted Hopes

Back at the library in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle and Spike were tidying up her books and putting them back on the shelves. It was currently raining out, with thunder rumbling in the background.

“Well Rainbow Dash wasn’t kidding when she called for rain.” Twilight exclaimed, putting away the last of the books.

“Yeah, it’s really pouring.” Spike agreed, sitting down on the steps of the staircase. “The weather patrol isn’t messing around today.”

Suddenly there was a loud clash of magic, and a blinding flash of light formed in the center of the library. Twilight and Spike both stared at the blinding spark that hummed, and all at once it vanished, and from the burst of light came forth Altruise and Celestia. They flung through the air, and crashed to the floor with Altruise pinning her on top with her hoof to the Princess’ throat.

Twilight and Spike both panicked and leapt back in shock, wide-eyed at the sight of two alicorns suddenly in the library.

“So you thought you could just get away, huh?!” Altruise screamed at the Princess, “Just like that?!”

Celestia winced, and her horn glowed. With a burst of magic, the faux-winged unicorn was launched off of her with a magic explosion, and she flung backwards and crashed into a book shelf. Collapsing to the floor, a ton of books fell off the shelf and piled on top of her. The Princess quickly stood up in concern; she didn’t expect Altruise to follow her here. Frantically she turned to Twilight.

“Get the Elements of Har—!”

The pile of books that collapsed on top of Altruise suddenly erupted off of her with a loud explosion, interrupting the Princess, and scattering the books throughout the library. Altruise stood there in a battle formation, furious with gritting teeth.

“Run!” Celestia shouted up to Twilight and Spike. Obediently, they nodded and dashed up the stairs.

Altruise paid no attention the pony and dragon escaping to the upper level of the library, and ignoring them she kept her eyes on her primary target, filled with rage. Face to face with Celestia in a standoff, they circled clockwise around each other, keeping their hooves to the floor as they sidestepped, their eyes fixed on one another’s menacingly.

The faux-winged unicorn frowned and charged for the Princess. “AAAAGH!!”

Seeing the unicorn charging toward her, Celestia charged after her as well. In this rundown game of chicken, they collided into each other, and an explosion between them shook the library, knocking books off their respective shelves and onto the floor. After their collision, Altruise remained standing in place, and Celestia slid across the floor and into Twilight’s desk.

“You’re holding back, aren’t you?” Altruise growled, trotting up to her. “What’s the matter with you? The great goddess off the sun can’t stand up to a unicorn like me?”

Celestia winced and stood back to her hooves. “You don’t realize what you are doing, do you?” She frowned, “Your magic is broken, Altruise.”

Suddenly flashbacks ripped through Altruise’s mind. She twitched, and huffed angrily a few times. She remembered being called that before; and she didn’t like it. “Broken?!

“Your magic is unnatural.” Celestia declared, standing taller, “No unicorn should have this strength. Even as a foal, your magic was far too powerful for your own good.” She leaned forward for emphasis, “Why do you think I tried taming it? Look what it’s doing to you!”

Altruise gritted her teeth, “I think you should be taking into account what my magic is doing to you!!” Her horn glowed, and growling furiously she fired a black fireball at her. Celestia quickly sidestepped, and the fireball whipped by like a bullet and struck the wall behind her, causing an explosion; the impact caused Celestia to fly forward, and she collapsed to the floor, and rolled to a stop on her haunches beneath the unicorn’s feet.

Frantically, Altruise lifted the Princess into the air with her levitation magic while she was down and vulnerable. “I won’t quit until I see you die!!” With that shouted, she hurled Celestia into a window, and she shattered through it, falling onto the ground outside in the rain. Not too soon after, Altruise jumped out the window after her, landing on her hooves on the wet grass and trotted toward the downed alicorn.

Celestia quickly tried standing up, but Altruise reached up to her and stomped a hoof on her wounded left wing.

“AAAH!!” Celestia shrieked in pain.

“Call me broken will you?!” Altruise screamed, and her horn began to static with furious electrical energy, “I’ll show you broken!!” The sky suddenly lit with a clash of lightning, and the thunder echoed loudly throughout Ponyville. She cast a quick levitation spell to lift the Princess up, and with Celestia airborne in her grip, she delivered a solid buck to the horn, and hurled her through the air and her tiara flung off her head. Celestia crashed into ground, and slid to a stop in a puddle of mud, with her tiara rolling off to the side.

Another clash of lightning, and the Princess limply tried standing up, holding a hoof to her aching horn. She couldn’t seem to stand any higher than her haunches, and Altruise kept coming for her. A thunderous effect echoed from the sky from a spell that came from her horn, and she struck a quick half-second bolt of Lightning down onto Celestia from the clouds.

AAGH!!” Celestia shrieked and collapsed back down to her side in the mud.

“Say I’m broken again.” Altruise growled, striking Celestia with another loud half-second bolt of lightning from the sky.

The commotion of their battle seemed to draw out the ponies of Ponyville, and they began to emerge from their homes. Opening windows, and peering through their doors, they watched in despair as their Princess was being thrown around like a ragdoll in the rain.

Altruise stepped over to Celestia’s tiara that was lying in the mud. A levitation spell, and she lifted it up to have a good look at it. “I can’t believe all these ponies look up to you, Princess.” She winced her eyes, and disrespectfully dropped the tiara back to the ground. She glanced around her, acknowledging the ponies watching her. “You think your Princess is so great?!” She screamed at them, and she lifted a hoof, stomping onto the tiara to shatter it into pieces, leaving traumatic gasps throughout Ponyville. Angrily, she turned back to the Princess and cast another quick bolt of lightning from the sky to strike her with a loud clash of thunder.

The cries of the Princess brought tears to the ponyfolk.

“Please, stop!” A random pony from her balcony pleaded.

“What are you doing, you monster??” Another pony cried.

“Sending a message!!” Altruise replied angrily, “Your Princess is a coward and a fake! She can’t stand up for herself, just look at her!” She glared back down at the Princess and spat. The rain and the thunder echoed forlornly from the sky. “Isn’t that right, Princess?”

Celestia just glared up at her, then trailed her eyes back to the ground, looking away.

“Look at me when I talk to you!!” Altruise growled, striking Celestia with another bolt of electricity from the sky. The shock made her body flinch, and she collapsed back to her side again in the mud. The Princess weakly opened her eyes back up and looked up at her, still glaring, as if unafraid. “What is the matter with you, Princess? Speak up!” Angrily, she picked up the Princess in an aura of her magic, and hurled the mud-coated alicorn into a tree, and she just collapsed helplessly into the ground. Altruise continued, and trotted toward the downed goddess.

Hey!!” A strong voice shrieked from above, “Leave her alone!!”

Altruise’s ears twitched, and she glanced up into the sky to see a rainbow coloured pegasus nose diving toward her. She just rolled her eyes and cast a black fireball at the incoming pony in the sky.

“WOAH—AGH!!” The fireball struck the airborne pony and an explosion sent the pegasus flipping through the air; she fell from the sky and collapsed into the ground several meters away.

“Rainbow Dash!” Celestia’s eyes widened, and she managed to find strength to stand. Altruise turned to the Princess and just gave her a forceful push using an energetic blast of magic; she flung backwards and slid across the ground in the mud and crashed into a mailbox, which bent it at the base. “Uhh…”

Rainbow Dash limply tried standing up, and managed to get to her hooves. “Why you little…”

“Rainbow Dash, no…” Celestia whimpered, “Please, stay out of this. I don’t want you getting hurt on my behalf.” She managed to stand to her hooves, though it took lots of effort. Her horn glowed a little, but it was a very faint glow; the pain dealt to her had weakened her magic.

“You’ve been alive for how long? More than two thousand years? And yet you don’t even have the strength to fight a simple unicorn like myself.” Altruise turned to the crowd of ponies, “Tell these ponyfolk who you are, Celestia. Tell them, that you’re a fake! That you’re a coward!” She turned to her and yelled, “You make everypony do everything else for you, so much so in fact, that you’ve become weak and useless!”

“Celestia isn’t weak, nor is she useless.” A gentle voice was heard from among the crowd. Altruise grunted and turned to the pony.

“Who the HELL are you?!”

The yellow pony with a pink mane whimpered when she was turned to, and she backed away, avoiding eye contact with the angry unicorn. “N-n-nopony…”

“Get back in the crowd with the others then.”

The yellow pony whimpered and nodded, with tears dripping from her eyes. She turned and hid behind a white unicorn. Altruise was about to go back to what she was doing, and the white unicorn stepped forth.

“Nopony treats the Princess like this.” She frowned, “And nopony speaks to my friends that way. Fluttershy here is the kindest most loving pony in Ponyville; how can you be so black-hearted? What is the matter with you? Shame on you!”

Altruise sighed and turned to the white unicorn with a frown, “You ponies sure are a stubborn bunch.” She winced at her, “And what is your name, pray tell?”

“Rarity.” The unicorn declared in an angry voice.

Altruise’s frown slowly grew to wider eyes. The name sounded familiar, but she couldn’t pinpoint where from. Before she had any time to think it over, another voice was heard.

“Yer type just don’t sit right with us!” An orange pony with a cowgirl hat stepped forth from another part of the crowd, “Y’all can buck off!”

Altruise winced at the orange mare, and had her mouth open to say something, when she was interrupted by another annoying voice.

“Yeah, you tell her, Applejack!” A fluorescent pink pony twitched, standing tall with her chest out and her teeth gritting.

Rainbow Dash sneered at the faux-winged unicorn, “We won’t stand for this a second longer!”

A clash of lightning, and Twilight stepped in from the crowd, wearing her tiara that represented her Element of Magic. “None of us will.” The five necklaces that belonged to the respective others who had spoken up were levitating along with her in her magic aura. She trotted closer to the crazed unicorn standing over Celestia, and the other five all stepped beside her, confronting Altruise with frowns. Their necklaces all magically hovered over to them, and slipped onto their necks.

Altruise glared at the six ponies confronting her with the Elements of Harmony in their grasp. The unicorn rolled her eyes and trotted a few steps toward them. “So it’s come down to this has it?”

“We’re afraid it has.” Twilight turned to her friends, “Let’s show her the power of the Elements of Harmony. Ready, girls?”

“The Elements of Harmony, huh?” Altruise rolled her eyes, and stood with solemn words. “I’ve heard of those before. The Elements of Harmony; from my foal years, they were also known as the Elements of Friendship: honesty, kindness, loyalty, laughter, generosity, and last but not least, magic.” She glared menacingly at Twilight in the middle to emphasize her element, “Without that spark, the other five will not work. I know of those Elements, and I know of their power.” She stood in battle formation, and her horn began to glow, “I’ve lived twelve years preparing for my revenge, and I’m not about to stop when I’m this close.” She raised her front hooves angrily, “I won’t let you stop me!” Slamming her hooves back into the ground, a clash of lightning was cast from her horn, and it bolted toward Twilight and struck her straight in the horn.

When the bolt of lightning struck Twilight, there was a loud explosion of energy coming from her horn, and her eyes lit up on her sudden emotionless face. The lavender unicorn was knocked back several meters through the air, and her tiara flung off her head and bounced across the ground in the rain to a stop. Loud traumatizing gasps were heard throughout the Ponyville crowd, and Twilight rolled across the ground until she stopped, lying on her side, completely motionless.

Eyes all gawked at the downed purple mare, and her five friends all ran to her aid. Celestia was wide-eyed, and too weak to rush to her; she tried her best to get up, and managed to limp a few steps toward her in tears. “Twi… Twilight…” She whimpered sorrowfully.

“Now, Princess!” Altruise turned to Celestia and with a sparking horn, she cast a black fireball at her, striking her down; when the fireball struck her, there was a loud echoing explosion, and Celestia rolled across the ground in the mud again. The moment she stopped, a black bolt of lightning came crashing down on her.

This bolt that struck her was constant, it continued crashing down from the sky as Altruise held onto that spell, gritting her teeth furiously. “DIE!!” She screamed at the alicorn. Ponies all around Ponyville watched in their horrors as Altruise held onto that same spell for ten, twenty… thirty seconds on the Princess, who was screaming with each passing moment she was being tortured by the constant bolt of lightning clashing down on her, electrocuting her. She twitched painfully, gnashing teeth and dragging herself across the ground in the mud, and cried, unable to get out of Altruise’s thunderous blast of lightning; she was barely able to move at all.

Voices of despair cried throughout Ponyville.

“Stop!”

“Why are you doing this?!”

“Let her go!”

“Please, stop!”

Ignoring all voices around her, one voice called out to her angrily; one which she recognized.

Altruise!!! That is enough!!!

The deep male voice that echoed through the air startled Altruise, and her ears dropped to her sides almost instantly, and the bolt of lightning clashing down on the Princess came to a stop. Celestia was lying in the mud, hardly able to move an inch. There was a long pause of silence, and Altruise slowly turned around where she stood away from the Princess, and with wide eyes, she saw a familiar pegasus frowning at her.

“Father…”

The other ponies in the crowd began to chatter amongst each other in whispers as the navy blue pegasus sauntered toward the crazed unicorn. Celestia slowly lifted her head out of the mud and turned to the pegasus approaching them, confused. “Father…?”

Drake slowly made his way to Altruise, face to face. Altruise looked him in the eye, and turned to the Princess, then back to Drake. “I-I was just…”

“You’re being a fool.” Drake declared, shaking his head shamefully.

“But… It’s her fault my parents are dead!” Altruise growled, turning back to the Princess, “It’s her fault Nebulous got away! It’s her fault she weakened my magic so I couldn’t stop him!” She turned back to Drake, “She deserves to die!”

“Altruise.” Drake rolled his eyes, “You can’t kill a goddess.”

What Drake had just said brought lots of confused faces among the crowd. Even Celestia was raising a brow. The Princess began standing to her hooves, weakly. Drake watched her stand up, and Celestia glanced at him with wincing eyes, confused. The pegasus sauntered on passed Altruise and toward the Princess. “The only way to defeat a goddess, is to imprison them.”

“What?” Altruise raised a brow, and her eyes dilated at the sudden sight before her.

From Drake’s forehead, there emerged a black spark of magic, and a black unicorn horn suddenly appeared. His cutie mark ripped away from his flank, and his body glowed. Gasps were heard throughout the crowd, and Altruise was frantically backing away, traumatized at what she was witnessing. Slowly, the pegasus transformed into a black-coated unicorn of dark faux wings, and a disgustingly familiar cutie mark emerged from his flank; the supernova.

Altruise whimpered, shaking her head in denial, and her tear filled eyes widened. Her entire life was flashing through her mind. All those years of being cared for, trained, and loved by that father-figure pegasus; all painfully shattering in front of her.

Celestia went wide-eyed as the dark unicorn lifted his front hooves into the air, laughing. A clash of lightning lit the sky, and he slammed his hooves into the ground with a blinding glowing horn. Before Celestia could do or say anything, a blast of magic burst from Nebulous’ horn and struck the Princess.

AAAAAH!!!—” Celestia’s full body glowed in a blinding light as she screamed, and suddenly her screaming came to a dead stop. The blinding light vanished, and she was a stone statue, frozen in place with wide, terrified eyes and a gaping maw.

“HAHAHA!!” Nebulous laughed and trotted up to the Princess, glaring into her stone eyes, “At last!! After all these years… You’re no longer my problem!” He turned to the traumatized mare behind him, “Couldn’t have done it without you.” He grinned evilly toward Altruise.

Altruise was still in denial, and had troubles saying anything. Whimpering, she backed away from him, trembling with many different emotions rushing through her mind. “Y-you… You used me…”

“Hmm…” Nebulous put his hoof on his chin, and shrugged with a blunt obvious answer, “Yep.”

“No.” Altruise shook her head, refusing to accept what was happening, and more tears streamed down her traumatized face, “It… It can’t be! Why?” She leaned forward and sobbed, “WHY?!

“Well I wasn’t about to go fight her myself, so I had to find somepony dumb enough to do it for me so she was weak enough for me to trap her.” Nebulous winced at her, “Your usefulness has become mute now. Get out of my sight.” With that, he fired a black fireball at Altruise, which struck her and knocked her back across the ground. With a limp, she coughed and sat up to her haunches, looking up at the dark unicorn through her tearful eyes with her ears folded back in self-disgust.

Nebulous flapped his faux wings and laughed, flying higher into the air. “The sun and the moon belong to me now!” He roared to the ponies beneath him, and a clash of lightning echoed in the dark sky of storm clouds. “Bow to your King!!!

* * * * *